Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
How can you tell if your an Old Soul ? (Read 7567 times)
Nick247

Manchester
How can you tell if your an Old Soul ?
Jan 13th, 2009 at 7:18pm

I'm constantly feeling like i'm this really restless old soul trapped in a young persons body (I'm 21 btw), i dont what it is but i just cant seem to shake it ?

anyone else get these feelings ???

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: How can you tell if your an Old Soul ?
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 12:24am

I think the signs of being an old soul (experienced due to enough lifetimes) are that one wonders about the physical existence and it's purpose, and the desire to return to one's true home.

Although, I've heard of other stories, too, of people who are old souls but still very active and involved in the physical, as if they know their "mission" and their lives' purpose is transparent to them.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #2 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 7:06am

A great question, Nick and a great simple answer, Spooky.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Kardec

I miss something I don't
know what it is.

Brasil - Porto Alegre
Reply #3 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 9:48am

My thoughts are

If one is a balanced and happy person the age of one`s soul is not important.

And if one is not it`s because even if one has an old soul one needs more time. Wink

My hope is to get there whatever does "there" mean...
Kardec  
IP Logged

Still_Living

Canada
Reply #4 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 10:03am

spooky2 wrote on Jan 14th, 2009 at 12:24am:
I think the signs of being an old soul (experienced due to enough lifetimes) are that one wonders about the physical existence and it's purpose, and the desire to return to one's true home.

Spooky

A++

Great definition...

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #5 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 10:04am

Excellent point Kardec, I never thought of it in such a way. My parents brought me up with that old soul philosophy, but what you said makes great sense. And I've always thought somehow all the energy was created at the same time--if ever at all. So very good sir.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

PhantasyMan

Québec
Reply #6 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 7:53pm

Nick247,

Here some aspects that an old soul (quality of consciousness, graduated soul) has:

-  Express love in his action (PUL)
-  Has little or no psychological fears (or work to reduce them)
-  Has little or no ego (or work to reduce it)
-  Love physical life, but has attachment
-  Strong desire to know his self (or going home)
-  Has a big picture of life and universe
-  Experience paranormal events (Obee, premonition, TK, intuition)

I hope it helps!

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #7 - Jan 15th, 2009 at 1:01pm

Pman-- Good list! I have been experiencing para-normal events all my life, but never thought of myself as an old soul. I was told that I was an old soul by a participant at the Guidlines, TMI after he returned home and had an obe and saw me in it. He said that I was going from participant to partcipant from Guidelines asking them if they needed any help in any way. It seems that I had many answers. Then the participant said -- Carol Ann was proven to be an old soul. 
Your list sound like the process that I have gone through all my life-- always searching for more in the paranormal, always asking questions about defined religious beliefs. I love life in the physical--- love nature and people, etc. but I seldom "show myself off" to others. I am not flamboyant by any means. (Hawkeye has met me, he can attest to that). I get euphoric when I think about the afterlife and how wonderful it will be to have the freedom to go to the Hall of Records and learn any subject I want. I love the feeling I have when I ponder on how many animal spirits I will be with and all the beautiful young children spirits who will need guidance--- I want to be THERE.
So yes, Nick--- I too get anxious about my "other" dimentions and I have been studying, waiting, and experiencing for 59 years!  Hang in there, there's a lot to learn and to teach. You are both the student and the teacher in this lifetime.  Hugs--- Carol Ann

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

vagabound
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 9:28am

I've been wondering; could it be you're as old as you are in your dreams?
In my dreams I usually act and feel like a child. So my physical body is basically about three times as "mature" as I am. I can handle it ok, but I'm worried about "losing my mind" when I go back home, because I'll be dependent on the goodwill of others again.

Quote:
I get euphoric when I think about the afterlife

When I was little I always became very envious when people died because I knew where they were going. Now I get euphoric. Needless to say people get mad at me when I show up at funerals talking about all the beautiful flowers on the graves.
And I never know what to say when I get these "bad news". 

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #9 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 10:25am

Greetings Vagabond onEarth,

there are a few variations to consider also--
you could be a mature soul who's not been to earth before or one who has a 'Disc-family (i.e. heavenly family group) that is very close and loving which you hate to leave.

Or true, you could be a young soul.

Since I just went through some funerals, I'd say that a cheerful soul would have been welcome there.  However --  here
Smiley on Earth, if you do things that make others uncomfortable, one strategy is to stop doing it   Wink -- at least not out loud, but keep it to yourself more. Or share it later with people who are more objective, just like you're doing now.  Smiley

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

vagabound
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 12:43pm

@ betson: Thanx! Smiley  I'll just PM you about all the cute pansies then.  Wink

But what do you think; who's the one doing the acting in our dreams? Do you even feel any different in your dreams?
I think my "dream-self" is a lot closer to who I really am, but I'm not sure if it's just a part of me or all there is.  

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #11 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 9:55pm

Hi Vagabound,

Meditation practices will allow us to find more of who we really are.
Dreams can be misleading because they can arise from differeing layers of our being and have differing means of communicating with us.

Imo all that is us is so much greater than we can ever consciously realize that we might not know in one lifetime who we truly are or what is our potential can be. It's fun to try to figure out though!  Smiley

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Mar 11th, 2009 at 3:06pm

Hi Nick247 and all.     I feel like an old soul who has lived so many lives and i have always felt that this is my last reincarnation.

Love and God bless    love juditha

IP Logged

hope
Ex Member

ALK Member

Reply #13 - Mar 11th, 2009 at 9:20pm

Hi There Nick,

I don't know how to tell what an old soul is.  I often think it's the cats and dogs and children before the age of reason of the world that know how to answer this.  Oh, and pigeons.

If you feel like an old soul, then you're old.   Smiley

But curiously...how old do you want to be?   Cheesy

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #14 - Mar 12th, 2009 at 9:29am

Nick247

Hey how do you do young/old fella I think the attribute of an old soul is when people, family friends etc , have commented to each other and of course to you, that as toddler or a little older, you were much wiser than you should have been at that very young age

When I was a little boy people were often startled by my insight and unlearned knowledge

I hope that helps a little

Take Care

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.