Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Lisa's NDE (Read 6462 times)
Beau

Greenville SC
Re: Lisa's NDE
Reply #15 - Jan 18th, 2009 at 3:09pm

Yeah it does seem strange to forget things at 5 years, but I think it happens because we get bombarded with information from our parents and that makes up so much of our formative years that we let some amazing memories fall into limbo only to rediscover them later on. I imagine that it depends on how you are raised too.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

identcat

Afterlife Knowledge Member

New Hampshire
Reply #16 - Jan 19th, 2009 at 2:58pm

Beau, you bring up an interesting point.
From my youngest rememberances-- I remember looking down upon my mother and father as they were getting married and said that my mother was the angel I wanted to be born to-- and of course when I expressed this thought to my mother when I was about 4 years old, my mother quickly said (as we were in a cab and she was embarrassed that I "saw her marring my father) "No, No Carol. You weren't even born yet. You did't see me getting married to Daddy". Well, if your person of authority says it didn't happen and you are only 4 years old, what do you believe??

I remember the incident of saying that I saw her --- but I don't remember being in the taxi cab with my brother, grandmother , mother and cab driver. My mother's words to me tried to erase what I remembered. The person who drowned at age 5 was probable pulled out of the water quickly and who ever pulled her out was saying how wonderful "I" am for saving this child. When the 5 year old protested and said she saw her Home-- it was dismissed by adults who knew better. They kept telling her only about how quckly she disappeared in the wave then suddenly appeared on the shore line. That story was told over and over again without the rememberance of her heavenly home. Just as I have forgotten the color of the cab and if I was sitting inbetween my mother and brother or my grandmother and mother-- something finally triggered my rememberance (as it happened, it's always been my parents wedding picture) of the incident.

I told mommy " I remeber when you got married in that church to daddy. You were so beautiful." That was my interpretation at age 4.
As I describe it as an adult, I have a larger vocabulary-- so I can elaberate. --- Carol Ann

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #17 - Jan 20th, 2009 at 1:59pm

Don't most people forget where they came from after they incarnate? Perhaps the same thing happens with NDEs and such. It sure happened with me and my night in heaven experience. In various ways it was preferable for me to have the experience when I had it, and then forget it for a while until the time was right.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.