Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dreams change with expressed intent? (Read 3814 times)
sulla

Indianapolis, IN
Dreams change with expressed intent?
Jan 6th, 2009 at 10:31am

As I express more intent to explore non-physical reality (whether I am getting decent results or not) I find that my dreams have been more bizarre and often more easily remembered upon waking.  They still fade away like the memory of most dreams, but they seem to linger longer.

Anyone else experience this type of phenomena?

IP Logged

PhantasyMan

Québec
Re: Dreams change with expressed intent?
Reply #1 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 11:04am

Hi Sulla,

Dreams are not just dreams.  While your fears, ego and beliefs shrink, you'll see that your dreams will become more and more brilliants.  You'll understand that they are just another type of exploration.   You can end up at the same place you would with an OBEE or a meditation. 

"Normal" dreams that look chaotic and unmeaningless, are just dream with ego and fear overlay.  They distorte the informations you perceive.

Hope it helps!

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 12:42pm

Hi Andy,
My dreams are more brilliant since reading Bruce's books too. More so than I ever remember. I don't always remember them, but when I do they are much stronger than they were pre Bruce. I'm sure it has as much to do with my experiments too with PUL and these new awakenings.

YOurs,
Beau

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

sulla

Indianapolis, IN
Reply #3 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 2:07pm

Hmm... Interesting.

I am noticing a few 'themes' in my dreams lately too.  Themes are usually absent from what dreams I can remember.  I've noticed an increase in insect appearance in my dreams.  Unwelcome worm/grub things, and scary looking black and red spiders are making memorable appearances.

Mostly it's the people around me in my dreams that have changed the most.  Or should I say their interactivity and availability that has changed.  They are so much more… noticeable.  They 'feel' different than anyone in any memorable dream I've ever had.  I can see them more clearly, I am beginning to become aware of the shifting nature of these people (one minute being an old friend, then a relative, then a stranger, and back), and the changing of the environment from one location to the other.  I have even taken note of my noticing of these changes and my acceptance of them.

And finally, I have a theory that pertains.  
For the longest time, my own personal path of explorations seemed to bottle-neck at a vibration-y sensation with paralysis that always frightened me and out of that fear; I would break out of it.  After resolving to face this fear, I was able to pass through the vibration stage a couple of times (having come on by accident while wanting to sleep for the most part.)  When attempting to purposefully get to this vibration state, which seems impossible to do on purpose, I would start to fall asleep.  Then at the last second I would see something slightly frightening.  Like a face staring at me that I wasn't expecting, or the feeling of a spider on my face or neck.  These things would startle me just enough to keep me from falling asleep, and allowing me to continue with the exercise of exploration once I got over the startle.

I keep getting the impression that these things I see at these times are deliberately intended to keep me aware through frightening me 'awake' or scaring me into being conscious of what's going on.  My dreams are now following this pattern.  When I remember them the most easily it follows just such a startling image or sensation.  I quickly get over it and the next bit of dream I have is easier to remember, to perceive, and to understand.

Can someone/thing be helping me out and the best way they've been able to get through to me is by startling me?  This idea feels right.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #4 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 2:31pm

I am having similar experiences. My dreams are so much more vivid and sometimes scary where as I used to have not so scary ones. I have noticed that I can taste and smell in my dreams better and I notice that remembering my dreams in waking state is equal to my ability to be aware of my physical life inside my dreams. Have you tried that? Do your dreams create an awareness of your physical life while you are in them? My awareness on either side of it seems to be related to how much I carry with me of my dreams to waking state or C1. It's really quite fascinating.  beau

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

sulla

Indianapolis, IN
Reply #5 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 3:39pm

Quote:
...I notice that remembering my dreams in waking state is equal to my ability to be aware of my physical life inside my dreams.

Wow, that is an uterly fascinating perspective.  I have never thought of the situation that way before.  I think you may be on to something there.  Yes, it does seem that way to me as well.

Perhaps as we become more conscious of our activities 'there' we will become more conscious of our activities 'here'?  Subsiquently, perhaps the two will begin to blend enough that we may be able to experience and remember our activites in both 'places' from both 'places.'

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #6 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 4:17pm

Yes, that's what has occurred to me too and really just in the last few days. If I can be conscious of my waking life in my dream it seems to strengthen my viability for my dream state and then I have to ask how can one be more true than the other or less true. I feel this especially with the dreams I'm having of late. It seems to get a little more true to life with each dream I encounter.

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #7 - Jan 7th, 2009 at 10:25am

Hi,

Wonderful thread, you guys! Very inspiring to see your experiences grow so quickly! You are definitely on the path!

Re: the 'insects'--your Interpretor mind gives you the image for any of several possible reasons. Perhaps you do fear bugs and need to get over it. Or perhaps you dont have much fear of bugs at all--perhaps your attempts to go OB are unwrapping some tight spots where your inner energy flows have to loosen and unwind caught areas of their flow in order to free you. The Interpretor mind puts insects out to explain the light pull/tickle of these lines of energy being unwound. This latter happened to me, mostly when I first began these explorations.

Keep the intent to make these explorations and your system will make the necessary self-adjustments.

Smiley You might also state your intent to keep the two realms separate so that the growing vividness of the new reality doesn't confuse your brain.  Cheesy

Much success!
Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #8 - Jan 7th, 2009 at 12:51pm

I've noticed too, that as my dreams are becoming more vivid, I am drawn to a much more vegan diet. Where as before I was eating pretty much anything. I know Bruce's books don't seem to talk about special diets but I have to admit one of these things is helping the other, I'm just not sure which is helping which--and I've lost 10 pounds since Jan 1st. I'm livin large I tell ya...well not as large as I was! Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.