Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Multiple Lives, Multiple Worlds (Read 28251 times)
Cricket

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Multiple Lives, Multiple Worlds
Reply #30 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 10:28am

I was not bothered by his alternate story of the crucifixion because it was simply not important in the grand scheme of the message

True.  The crucified (or otherwise murdered, and sometimes chopped up) and then risen son of god theme is so common in ancient religion that if that was the real important issue, there's half a dozen others that would have to be "let into the club".  There's nothing unique about the Biblical story of the death of Christ...it's his message that's important (which isn't unique either, really, but as a body of work it is, as far as I've been able to determine).  Putting a lot of emphasis on the crucifixion story itself actually weakens the argument of the specialness of Jesus.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #31 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 10:37am

Greetings,

Do any of you recall having significant-seeming dreams when you met people who seemed familiar but were consciously unknown?  Do you think you might have popped into one of your alternative lives through a dream/vision?

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #32 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 1:50pm

Betson

I have these dreams all the time.  I also have OBEs in which I encounter people I know spiritually, and yet have never met them physically(in this life anyway). 

It could be these are people I know from an "alternate" life(a parallel spinoff of mine current life).  It could also be that these are people related to me from a life of a reincarnational personality, for in some dreams I am myself, and yet I am not myself... I seem to be someone else without even realizing it until after the fact.  Or it could be that these people are actually aspects of my oversoul/disc or simply friends I have met in spiritual realms.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #33 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 2:00pm

Justin

Seth emphasizes our current "self" because at the present time we are this "little self", and so it relates to us most.  Seth most definitely emphasizes that we Co-create our reality as well, especially in his later work... in fact he wrote a whole book on it, "the Individual and the Nature of Mass Events." 

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #34 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 2:04pm

Dude:

I believe you when you say that you have love and respect for Christ. I believe it is wonderful that you had the experience you had. Despite our disagreement about Jane Roberts Seth, I believe you are great guy with a good heart.

Going by the messages I received, Jesus was crucified.

I agree that Jane Roberts Seth does say some positive things about Jesus. This is one of the reasons I believe it is very possible that Jane Roberts made up Seth. Sometimes she says things about Jesus that sound positive, sometimes she says things that sound false. Whatever the case, the information she provides doesn't seem infallible to me.  Even if much of it is true, some it is false. Going by what I read, her overall approach isn't very love oriented.

Jane Roberts Seth was very clear when she said that Jesus was just making a joke when he said to love your neighbor as yourself. I don't have the book with me at work, the words went something like, "When Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself he was just making a joke, because nobody loved their neighbor during Jesus' time period. Much of Jesus' humor was lost ."  If you look at the verses that surround Jesus' love your neighbor as your self verses, it is very hard to believe that he was just making a joke. Below are some of his words.

from the Gospel of Matthew:

19:16 And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 19:17 And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultry, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19:19 Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love they neighbor as thyself. 19:20 The young man siath unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. 19:22 But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions."

22:354 But the Pharisees, when they heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, gathered themselves together. 22:35 And one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question, trying him: 22:36 Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law? 22:37 And he said unto him, Thou shalt love thy Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 22:38 This is the great and first commandment. 22:39 And a second like unto it is this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. 22:40 On these two commandments the whole law hangeth, and the prophets."

From the sermon of the mount:

Love Your Enemies
  43 "You have heard that it was said, "You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
  44But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? 48Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

The below is from the gospel of Luke. Jane Roberts Seth stated that Jesus was suggesting a defensive strategy as in playing dead like a sloth, and that the common interpretation is false. Considering what is said above in the sermon of the mount, does Jane Roberts Seth interpretation sound true? Also, if it was a matter of playing dead, why would Jesus tell his followers to pray for those who mistreat you?

Luke 6:27-30 (New American Standard Bible)

27"But I say to you who hear, (A)love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

28bless those who curse you, (B)pray for those who mistreat you.

29"(C)Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either.

30"Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #35 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 2:14pm

Blink:

There was an occasion in the past where I wrote how I didn't agree with a source, and you responded by posting links for that source. It sure seemed as if you did so in order to antagonize me. If I'm wrong about this, then I'm wrong.

Quote:
It is unnecessary for you to take my post personally, Recoverer/Albert.  I have shared a link I enjoyed with anyone who is interested. I do appreciate some of what Jane Roberts/Seth has to say.

love, blink

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #36 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 3:12pm

Thank you Recoverer, I also believe you are a great guy with a good heart. 

I don't believe the Seth material is outside of the realm of love.  Seth does in fact speak of the importance of love and even expands on the concept at times.  It is indeed a more intellectual read, but so far I have not read one word that falls out of the context of love, for even when he describes negative aspects of humanities reality, he seems to be doing so in an overall effort to help us arise from these circumstances.  What Seth appears to be doing is helping people get in touch with their inner selves and understand the true nature of their reality so they can create their most ideal one.

I also do not believe that 100% of the words I read are accurate.  I do believe Seth is a real entity, however, and believes what he says is true.

As far as the joke, I'm really gonna have to read what was said before commenting, because I recall a quote about love thy neighbor, but I recall him adding a new dimension to the quote rather than despiritualizing it.  I'll try to find it some time.  Oh well.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #37 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 3:36pm

Dude:

The quotes are in some combination of "Seth Speaks" and "A nature of a personal reality." If you look for words such as "Christ" under the index, you can probably find the quotes fairly easily.

« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2008 at 9:03pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #38 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 8:59pm

Hi  I reading Seth Speaks right now. after I'm through I'll read The Individual and the Nature of Mass Events

Jane Roberts, also known as Rubert, as called by Seth, Jane is also a he, in our multidimensionality zones of being.
I am also my other incarnation personality, "he" calls himself David, I call him DP. short for dead preacher, as this personality will often show a penchant for preaching, while Laughing Rain just wants to have fun.

While you are in one focus, one personality, that is what you are supposed to focus on; this life. however, as you develop a greater awareness of a truly holographic universe, we spin selves off, in the same way we make flesh and blood babies within unions.

there are alternate realities, alternate physical realities as well in our universe we are not aware of.

There were three of the Christ. Moses, John the Baptist, and JC. they are all the personalities belonging to the historical figure known as JC.

this I feel is true, that the philosophy fits with my concept that we are all One individualized, when we enter bodies, a life.
and love is important. as relationships, in truth, are all we really take with us, the fruits of the relationships.

here's a quote about love from Seth on page 54.

"You will be bound to those you love and those you hate, though you will learn to release and lose and dissipate the hatred. You will learn to use hatred creatively and to turn it to higher ends, to transform it finally into love.

page 404 ...through traveling within yourselves, you will discover the unity of your consciousness with other consciousnesses. You will discover the multidimensional love and energy (PUL) that gives consciousness to all things. This will not lead you to want to rest upon the proverbial blessed bosom. It will instead inspire you to take a better hand in the job of creation; and that feeling of divine presence you will find indeed, and feel indeed, for you will sense it behind the dance of molecules, and in yourselves and in your neighbors.
What so many want is a God who walks down the street and says, "Happy Sunday, I am I, follow me." But God is hidden craftily in his creations, so that he is what they are and they are what he is; an in knowing them, you know him.

_____
my thoughts: we are not only busy here spinning of alternate selves, alternate realities, probably realities, but we are also fabricating each other, to be as we assume, other is.

To get to the truth, there is a need to develop the mental through intellect, for it is only the mental which decides on which personal reality shall be created to experience.
In conclusion, Jane allowed herself to be used to produce some 14 books. In this regard, it is hard work, and a gift to those who would learn to create a better more aware world of who and what we are and the possibilities we can make together, and this too is love. to be in service. Seth also is a gift to us, to the world.

Love is behind all actions, all relationships. Perception says not, but that only means you have to dig deeper to find the love.

it's there, and it's not just the poets who speak of it. To feel divine presence, it must become an experience. To speak of it even, limits the experience to words, as we are told on this site, and as Monroe said it well, you must explore your own self, your beliefs which tend to hinder you. He was one who had a head start, and so shared what he discovered.

and this is why I so appreciate when any of you share your inner journeys. love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 10:50pm

What do you mean, familiar? There are people who pop up from time to time, but to say I really know them would be mistaken.

If there is one thing I've taken from this site, it is that each person has their own unique viewpoint/take on absolutely everything.

I keep wondering who the blonde guy with the blue eyes is. He's cheerful, always in a good mood. He just never hangs around very long.

love, blink

betson wrote on Dec 12th, 2008 at 10:37am:
Greetings,

Do any of you recall having significant-seeming dreams when you met people who seemed familiar but were consciously unknown?  Do you think you might have popped into one of your alternative lives through a dream/vision?

Bets

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #40 - Dec 13th, 2008 at 2:23am

Recoverer

I found the quote.. page 414 of The Nature of Personal Reality

"The very term, "Love your neighbor as yourself", was an ironic statement, for in that society no man loved his neighbor, but distrusted him heartily.  Much of Christ's humor has been lost, therefore."

He did not say Jesus was making a joke.  He said his statement was ironic.  Big difference.  He is not saying that Christ meant it as a humorous statement, but that there is humor in the statement due to its irony.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #41 - Dec 13th, 2008 at 6:30am

Hi, Rondele,

I have just taken a look at the latest threads and read yours introduction. This topic really fascinates me I have had weird dreams of countless multiple me;s.I once found myself sitting in the middle (a sort of average Alan) with other Alan's to the right and left. they were similar to me, but differed, some were bigger, some were older, some smarter, and those more distant looked less and less like me until they were completely alien or bad copies of me.

This was only a dream I am not saying it is true in any way.

Some on the forum might remember another dream I had, in fact i have had this dream a few times. I called this thread, They all walked backward. In the dream I found myself in a universe exactly like this one with the exception that time was reversing relative to me.

There are times when i seem to be aware that each step, or decision i makes, a Alan spits off and walkes into another reality with another destiny

Take Care

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #42 - Dec 13th, 2008 at 6:45am

About the Seth of Jane Roberts, the only Seth I know of is the third son of Adam, Jane Roberts was a deluded but intelligent liar.

Or maybe worse maybe her Seth was the Deceiver, mixing of truth with a little deadly poison

We are what we think is nonsense, many people think they are god or some enlightened master but are just not.

Many people think they are highly intelligent but they are not etc etc ad infinitum

There was a man , who thought he could move through walls, he really really believed he could, so to prove it, he ran at full speed into a plate glass door and decapitated himself

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Dec 13th, 2008 at 9:05am

Thank you, Out of Body Dude. I was wondering where this idea was coming from. It is helpful to see an actual quote clarifying the general statements made about it.

It is very easy to dismiss what is not understood, so every single one of us would be well advised to examine our assumptions about our observed realities. We may disagree, and that's also okay.

I am very grateful for the tremendous energy with which Jane and her husband tackled this problem together. To me it is useless to demand some kind of unfathomable perfection from other mind-explorers. I would rather pick up the necklace Jane has made and admire it myself.

Even so, I was not there in person to see what her words meant to some who were willing to open their minds a little to hear her.

She is only one of many who have been brave enough to risk the ridicule that comes with taking that chance.

We need more, more, more of such people, not less.

Just my opinion.

appreciated, blink

I Am Dude wrote on Dec 13th, 2008 at 2:23am:
Recoverer

I found the quote.. page 414 of The Nature of Personal Reality

"The very term, "Love your neighbor as yourself", was an ironic statement, for in that society no man loved his neighbor, but distrusted him heartily.  Much of Christ's humor has been lost, therefore."

He did not say Jesus was making a joke.  He said his statement was ironic.  Big difference.  He is not saying that Christ meant it as a humorous statement, but that there is humor in the statement due to its irony.  

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Dec 13th, 2008 at 1:09pm

I Am Dude wrote on Dec 12th, 2008 at 2:00pm:
Justin

Seth emphasizes our current "self" because at the present time we are this "little self", and so it relates to us most.  Seth most definitely emphasizes that we Co-create our reality as well, especially in his later work... in fact he wrote a whole book on it, "the Individual and the Nature of Mass Events."  

Thanks Dude for the heads up.  I can only speak on what i've read, intuited and experienced for myself.  Admittedly i'm not well read on the Seth material. 

Here's my experience in specific and how i approach outside sources in general. 

When reading Seth Speaks, part of me was like, "oh this is interesting", that was my intellectual part.  Another part of me was questioning the veracity, and didn't like the overall "feel" of what i was getting from the book, and this before i read or knew the very conflicting and contradictory statements made about Yeshua. 

That deeper feeling part of me, trumped the intellectual oh this is interesting part, and then when i later read that Seth claimed that Yeshua and his disciples set up a plan to have another person drugged to take his place to be crucified, well i wasn't surprised i got that earlier nagging feeling in regards to this work. 

I believe and know (having had nonphysical experiences with this consciousness), that this person was extremely responsibly and very ethically minded, and wouldn't have been party too such a "plot". 

I'm not a religious person, and never have been, but because of what i know, i highly, highly respect the above person, and i do get the sense that the Seth material does try to minimize the importance, integrity, and overall effect of said person and life.   And while the Shroud of Turin is still scientifically a hotly debated subject, for me it does lean to supporting the claim in the N.T. that Yeshua did something no one in our known history has done to that date, fully converted his "matter" back into pure Light state. 

Anyways, when i read stuff, i don't just focus on the words and concepts in same, i use my intuition and focus on the feelings i get in relation to same. 

For example, when i read say Rosiland A. McKnights stuff, as in Cosmic Journeys or Soul Journeys, i get a very, very uplifting and expanding vibe. 

Similar to when i read Bruces stuff, or much of Cayce's stuff.   I got a bit more of a mixed bag when reading Newton's Journey and Destiny of Souls, but all in all i liked and got good vibes from them more than not.

Some sources like Seth, i just didn't get those uplifting and expanding feelings in association with (actually a bit of the opposite), though like i said part of me was like, oh this is interesting. 

I believe this has to do with the degree and purity of PUL in relation to a source.   And don't think for a moment, i agree with everything that say Bruce has to say, or any other source that i get those more full and expanded PUL vibes from. 

If you get those feelings from Seth, then go with it, who am i to tell you or anyone specifically what you should or shouldn't be resonating with?   I respect your appreciation of said source.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.