Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print
Multiple Lives, Multiple Worlds (Read 28306 times)
Alan McDougall

South Africa
Re: Multiple Lives, Multiple Worlds
Reply #105 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 8:39am

OOBD

Quote:
If you were educated on the subject you would know that Seth gives a great deal of practical advice throughout his series of books

Then list a few and respond to my list is a former post?

Seth did not write any books!!

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #106 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 9:18am

As a general hypothesis, I think those folks who have experienced a genuine transformational experience would also be the least likely to embrace channeled entities, such as Seth.

If that is correct, it might explain why both Alan and Albert reject the Seth material.

On the other hand, people who are attracted to new age literature probably find Seth to be intriguing and credible.

After all, they have had no personal revelations of their own that would refute what these "highly evolved entities" espouse.

Just a theory.

R

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #107 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 9:59am

Yes, Rondele, it is a theory. However, I would suggest that making assumptions about who has and has not had a 'transformational' experience is in the eye of the beholder, isn't it?

love, blink

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #108 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 10:31am

Edited:
Rondele,

As a general hypothesis, I think those folks who have experienced a genuine transformational experience would also be the least likely to embrace channeled entities, such as Seth.

If that is correct, it might explain why both Alan and Albert reject the Seth material.

On the other hand, people who are attracted to new age literature probably find Seth to be intriguing and credible.

After all, they have had no personal revelations of their own that would refute what these "highly evolved entities" espouse.

Just a theory

Rondele a good theory more than a theory and your common sense approach has made me rethink a little

Rondele while I agree that the Seth type phenomenon is intriguing, one must not just swallow anything but investigate the statements from these entities in the light of common sense, logic and truth

To base your life on a supposed being like Seth  could lead to all sorts of troubles

But if one is careful and thoroughly researched the source and it accords with ones own truth then embrace it,

Regards

Alan
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2008 at 2:49pm by Alan McDougall »  

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #109 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 2:20pm

I'm a bit conflicted when it comes to the issue of debate and disagreement with others regarding beliefs and belief systems.  

On one hand, i've observed both in my own interactions, and observing others, that it rarely changes anything.  In the end, most people are not nearly as consistently open minded as they would like to believe about themselves or would like others believe about them.  
 In many cases, debate and disagreement can put others on the defensive, and when people start getting emotional about it, it can make the opposite happen.  Pretty much anyone who has ever been in a deep, long term committed relationship knows that one. Wink

Other the other hand, i've both experienced, and have seen with others, that occasionally when someone disagrees with self (or self's beliefs) in a balanced, respectful, holistically logical, and with positive intentions kind of way, that if indeed that person does have the more broadly accurate and/or constructive viewpoint (from say a nonphysical guide viewpoint), well sometimes it does help one to view things in a different light.   Sometimes it's much later on down the road, rather than immediately.  But nonetheless a seed was planted.

Also, my teacher occasionally debated with others.  Why would he, if it never had any merit, or potential constructiveness?  He was not one who liked to hear himself talk, so perhaps there are times and occasions for disagreement and debate.  In his case, it seems he didn't debate with others on a personal level, but rather always publicly...  
Maybe then his debating wasn't always so much for the person who was likewise debating him, but for others watching and listening?  Maybe those not directly and actively caught up in the "drama" of it, were more open to actually really listening to, and getting the truth of he was trying to say?

Maybe the key is going within, and listening to the still small voice, and knowing when to disagree and speak out, or when to just keep ones opinions to oneself?

Boy, i wish i could master that one!

I find it very humorous (and immensely ironic), that people pay to read other people's opinions, and when they actually pay for it with money, they tend to be more open to those opinions.   Whereas, when people come on sites like this, and listen to given opinions/views/perspectives/logic that doesn't cost any money and that may be just as wise/expanded or even more so than what's found in books...well people tend to ignore or not really listen so much in these cases.  

Maybe we all should put our opinions in books, and that way we'll all be heard more? Cheesy

We're a funny bunch, we humans.  I wonder why we choose for so long, to remain so..well "human" when that entails a lot of suffering?  Why do we cling so much to this human experience?

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #110 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 2:21pm

Regarding Blink's last post, I really doubt that beings who represent the light want us to sit on our hands and do NOTHING when it comes to speaking against fraudulent and misleading sources of information. An indifferent approach is what takes place when people buy into the nothing you see is real and moral relativism approach.

Do light beings ever get mad? I believe they have the right to get mad. Say a father decided to molest his young daughter. Would a being such as Jesus say, "What the heck, nothing I see is real," or would he get upset?  I don't know, but I figure he'd get upset.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #111 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 2:26pm

Justin:

Boy, has the below occurred to me.

[quote author=AhSoLaoTsuAhhOmmra link=1228834578/105#109 date=1229710850]
 I find it very humorous (and immensely ironic), that people pay to read other people's opinions, and when they actually pay for it with money, they tend to be more open to those opinions.   Whereas, when people come on sites like this, and listen to given opinions/views/perspectives/logic that doesn't cost any money and that may be just as wise/expanded or even more so than what's found in books...well people tend to ignore or not really listen so much in these cases.  

Maybe we all should put our opinions in books, and that way we'll all be heard more? Cheesy

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #112 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 2:34pm

Hi Albert, along those lines, an outer source i like, sometimes said something like, 'Be angry, but sin (err) not."  Meaning, its alright to get upset about something, but don't mistreat another (or self) because of it.

This same source also talked about how those who have little or no passion or fire within them, don't tend to be very effective in the world (or with self change), but also cautioned that he or she who cannot control one's temper or upsetness (and who easily lashes out), is in a far sorrier state.  

Again, like most things, its an issue of balance it seems.

With the situation here, a minority see a certain author slandering the very meaning, life and teachings of a great spiritual teacher and that somewhat upsets the minority.  The majority doesn't see that, and says "what's the big deal, she (and/or he) just has a different viewpoint."  

My hunch is that if they really knew the deeper meaning(s) behind this persons life, example, and teachings, they might not be so blase about such slandering, though they might not necessarily actively disagree and debate with people promoting such sources.   I have a feeling that there is a very intune person here at this site who quite disagrees with Seth re: Yeshua, but who doesn't speak up because they don't think it will change anything and that people have to come to their own truths via direct experience and perception.  

Maybe the latter approach is on average the more wise one, often, but at the same time, i believe there are times and situations wherein it can be helpful to disagree and/or debate, otherwise why did Yeshua partake in that?  He certainly was much more intune that the above intune person i referenced and was thinking of.  

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #113 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 2:39pm

recoverer wrote on Dec 19th, 2008 at 2:26pm:
Justin:

Boy, has the below occurred to me.

[quote author=AhSoLaoTsuAhhOmmra link=1228834578/105#109 date=1229710850]

All righty, agreed then, you sign my book and i will sign yours! Cheesy Grin

Actually, the only signatures we need, are the approval of the White Llight Bro-merged with-Sis'hood.   Something tells me that we would get those if we kept our books less against, and more for in nature.

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #114 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 2:47pm

rondele wrote on Dec 19th, 2008 at 9:18am:

Just a theory.

R

I wouldn't say, and don't get the feeling that generally people here lack transformational experiences.  I get the sense that most people here are truly spiritual in nature, but that perhaps some are still too over attached to outer sources and don't go within enough for truth (and don't check enough, the outer sources they like against the inner guidance).

It seems that perhaps some people are more consistently, consiciously, and accurately intune with their own guidance energies.   
With that said, sometimes guidance leads us to outer, material sources such as a book (yes, even psychic or channeled ones) for the meantime, until we open up more directly to same...

It's far from being a black and white issue.

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #115 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 3:01pm

Quote:
rondele wrote on Dec 19th, 2008 at 9:18am:

Just a theory.

R

I wouldn't say, and don't get the feeling that generally people here lack transformational experiences.  I get the sense that most people here are truly spiritual in nature, but that perhaps some are still too over attached to outer sources and don't go within enough for truth (and don't check enough, the outer sources they like against the inner guidance).

It seems that perhaps some people are more consistently, consiciously, and accurately intune with their own guidance energies.  
With that said, sometimes guidance leads us to outer, material sources such as a book (yes, even psychic or channeled ones) for the meantime, until we open up more directly to same...

It's far from being a black and white issue.

And along that line, perhaps because very expanded, accurate, and very PUL centered books are kind of rare in this world (like i sense Bruce's work or McKnights work to be like), perhaps sometimes guidance does lead one to a book or teacher which they know does contain skewing, mis info, etc., but because say the deeper or general message at the time, is a good one for them to come across and tune into?  

When i first read Monroe's 1st book, i didn't really like or vibe with it that much.  To me, a lot of his assumptions felt off, and i sensed a lot of fear and lack of heart openness in him.  

Yet, for whatever reason i did persist with his books later on down the line, and enjoyed and resonated a lot more with the 2nd and especially his 3rd book.   And so while the 1st contained a lot of spiritual inaccuracies, i'm still glad i came upon it and him, for the help of the latter books.  

Maybe it is somewhat similar in Jane Roberts and Seths case?   I still get the sense that she was more so channeling her own unconscious stuff, but by people's accounts who have read many of books, it seems she began to grow spiritually, and her latter work represented that.  

Now, if her earlier work hadn't spoke out against one of 3 of my Father's (Source being the 1st, and my bio Dads another, and Christ/Yeshua's Disc being the 2nd and one i'm referencing too), well i would have never spoken out against Jane Roberts or Seth, despite that otherwise i sense and perceive skewing, inaccuracies, lack of PUL of in same (in the earlier works that i've perused).   It was the extremity of it, which prompted my speaking against.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #116 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 3:14pm

<<Say a father decided to molest his young daughter. Would a being such as Jesus say, "What the heck, nothing I see is real," or would he get upset?  I don't know, but I figure he'd get upset.>>

Albert-

Well, from what I gather from ACIM, Jesus would comfort the young daughter by assuring her that nothing she sees or experiences is real, and that her father's act of molesting her was just an illusion.

Sin simply doesn't exist, per ACIM.  And because it doesn't exist, any guilt that a person feels after committing a sin is likewise just an illusion.

In fact, Jesus could also comfort the father, by telling him he really didn't do what he thought he did to his daughter and therefore he shouldn't have any regrets.

Welcome to la-la land. 

R

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #117 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 4:06pm

All that I state  below is my opinion and you can toss it into the garbage bin if you like

I have just listened to Jane Roberts supposedly channeling Seth,

It is sickening nonsense and Seth can not even articulate, because dear Jane must be given a chance to blabber her nonsense. Her way of moving her head and grimacing  and speaking out of the side of her mouth is awful , even frightening. But if one looks at it in a cold clinical way it is really funny.

You know what?? if i knew that money and fame could have been made this way i might have set myself up as say Alan , channeling the Arch Angel Micheal.

But I hesitate Jesus said no liar with enter the kingdom of heaven , so i will believe him, rather than Seth AKA Jane Roberts

I can really do this type of thing, those on the forum who know me long enough know i have put my head on the block and demonstrated my real psychic ability

Why not me? there are people who go now into glassy trances and channel Almighty God. Where will this nonsense lead us into before it becomes dangerous

If you really believe Seth is a highly evolved being, why not use a much better source of knowledge Neal Donald Walsch channels no less that the Lord God himself , so why use Seth? It makes no sense God must be a much better source of truth?

Just do a web search Neal is all over the net, has written a whole lot of books, given talks all over the world and is much known that the Jane Roberts AKA Seth He has made an enormous amount of money being a close buddy of God

There are two types of unborn beings, the Angels of God and demons , this ugly one possessing Jane might be a real one, a highly intelligent demon, a messenger from the great deceiver himself

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #118 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 4:07pm

Rondelle:

Ultimately, I believe that everything works out, but one shouldn't put the cart before the horse because people do indeed suffer while they are here in this World and often afterwards for however long. If you experience something, then regardless of how temporary and relative this something is, this is what reality is.

When people have life reviews during near death experiences, they are shown in great detail how they effect others. Why is such information revealed, if it doesn't matter what we do?

rondele wrote on Dec 19th, 2008 at 3:14pm:
<<Say a father decided to molest his young daughter. Would a being such as Jesus say, "What the heck, nothing I see is real," or would he get upset?  I don't know, but I figure he'd get upset.>>

Albert-

Well, from what I gather from ACIM, Jesus would comfort the young daughter by assuring her that nothing she sees or experiences is real, and that her father's act of molesting her was just an illusion.

Sin simply doesn't exist, per ACIM.  And because it doesn't exist, any guilt that a person feels after committing a sin is likewise just an illusion.

In fact, Jesus could also comfort the father, by telling him he really didn't do what he thought he did to his daughter and therefore he shouldn't have any regrets.

Welcome to la-la land. 

R

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #119 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 4:16pm

Rondele, are you bothered that i and others have so sidetracked your thread?

If you are bothered by the side tracking, i will go and erase my side tracking posts/replies.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.