Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
changes since becoming more spiritual (Read 707 times)
JustineS

changes since becoming more spiritual
Dec 7th, 2008 at 12:19pm

I notice I've gone through a lot of changes since my encounters with spirituality:

-I find it increasingly hard to think badly of people or dislike them. More and more I enjoy the company of everyone I come across and am eager to get to know whoever crosses my path. I don't attribute my sadness to others anymore.
-Forgiveness no longer feels like a chore. It feels like an incredible release.
-words and conversations seem like an unsatisfying way to relate to people. I long for a different kind of intimacy that I can't put my finger on.
- the value of experience. If it is true that when we die we get a super-smart mind that can recall every detail of our lives I think that is the best gift ever. I'd give up ten Christmases of presents for that one. Just think about being able to recall that amazing conversation, that joke, whatever... I now believe experience is gold.

What changes have you gone through? [/code]I notice I've gone through a lot of changes since my encounters with spirituality:

-I find it increasingly hard to think badly of people or dislike them. More and more I enjoy the company of everyone I come across and am eager to get to know whoever crosses my path. I don't attribute my sadness to others anymore.
-Forgiveness no longer feels like a chore. It feels like an incredible release.
-words and conversations seem like an unsatisfying way to relate to people. I long for a different kind of intimacy that I can't put my finger on.
- the value of experience. If it is true that when we die we get a super-smart mind that can recall every detail of our lives I think that is the best gift ever. I'd give up ten Christmases of presents for that one. Just think about being able to recall that amazing conversation, that joke, whatever... I now believe experience is gold.

What changes have you gone through?

IP Logged

SHSS

Re: changes since becoming more spiritual
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2008 at 2:41pm

This is an interesting thread you've started Justine, and everything you say applies.  I don't even feel as if I am the same person at all that I was about ten years ago and still keep changing so much and so quickly everyday.
In addition to what you've already said I'll mention a few because there are so many.
One thing is that I don't get upset in the least if someone has a different opinion or belief than I do.  Anyone is just as entitled to there opinions as anyone else.
I can identify or have  empathy with others in a way that didn't used to be there as much.
Selfishness has practically dwindled away in the sense that getting ahead, getting richer, keeping up with the Jones and wearing the latest fashion seems silly to me now.
It's early and so I may think of more later, but gosh, there are so many changes.  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.