Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mediums Communicating With Spirits. (Read 1553 times)
roger prettyman

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Bedford, U.K.
Mediums Communicating With Spirits.
Dec 6th, 2008 at 7:23am

A few evenings ago my fiancee and I went to see a well-known medium at a local theatre. He was Colin Fry, who often appears on television in the U.K. with his own series.

He made some very good connections with spirits in the Afterlife, especially when he also worked simultaneously with T.J. Higgs(?), bringing messages to participants in the audience who recognised the spirit body.
He had previously explained how spirits have to lower their vibrational frequency in order to be able to make contact with the medium in various ways.

It was a very enjoyable and interesting performance but the thought crossed my mind as to why communication is seemingly always one way - from them to us.
Surely, if spirit can communicate via the medium why cannot the medium put/ask spirit about events the participant wants answers to? Wouldn`t that be the ultimate test of the validity of contact rather than the medium saying something to the audience member then asking "Does that mean anything to you?", or "Do you recognise that?", etc?
In many other ways, like saying how many brothers, sisters, etc., they had during the contact he was always correct.

Having lost my wife some 5 years ago and having had many ADC`s in the first few months of her passing I have to say that I also totally believe in such medium spirit contact, having had an excellent reading at a spiritualist church during which the medium came out with both my fiancee`s and my name. He didn`t know us from Adam and neither did anyone at the church either so nothing was "rigged". Our visit was purely on the spur of the moment.

Put simply, why cannot mediums connect with spirit in the same way that spirit can connect with them, to ensure two-way communication?

roger  Undecided

The past is history, the future is a mystery.&&Today is a gift, that`s why it`s called the present.&&Let yourself enjoy today. It will never come again.&&&&&&Butterfly.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Re: Mediums Communicating With Spirits.
Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 10:30am

Greetings,

Here are some random thoughts about your question, Roger:
"Put simply, why cannot mediums connect with spirit
in the same way that spirit can connect with them,
to ensure two-way communication?"

In psi research here on Earth, results are better when one person is desginated (or prooves to be) the sender, and the other the receiver. It prooves difficult to get an on-going interaction since the one-way transmission through the physical is difficult enough. Perhaps this earth model also applies to spirit/earth connections.

When we visit or retrieve within afterlife realms, it takes energy. True, it gets easier, but it still takes energy. A medium who is making contact repeatedly, and especially if (s)he is risking their profession with each attempt, would not want to run out of such energy, especially in public.

So it seems that these energies we/mediums use are not usually called upon so directly for Earthly matters. Perhaps the seven subtle bodies that are involved in these explorations haven't yet evolved the strength to make two-way afterlife conversation on demand.

Evolving afterlife skills through time to adapt the body takes long range goals that are passed along beyond one generation. Any mother that would try to develope such abilities in her family would most likely be considered a witch! Most of us have to be content with what energies we inherit at random.  Smiley

I agree with you that the goal of better communication is certainly a worthy one! 

Bets Smiley

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

gordon phinn

toronto, canada
Reply #2 - Dec 15th, 2008 at 11:01pm

Roger; all i can say is different mediums do different things.  I cannot see myself working a crowd like that.  But i can, and have, asked questions during spirit contacts, usually ones clients have asked me to ask.
I don't always get answers, or clear answers, and I wind up second guessing myself as to what exactly was communicated.  And I have received answers that were declared to be "wrong".
My quest really is to train folks to do the communicating for themselves,...to dead loved ones, to spirit guides, to Higher Self.
Using hemi-sync and sometimes just meditation I've assisted quite a number of people to ask the questions themselves.  Nine times out of ten it works.

gordon

roger prettyman wrote on Dec 6th, 2008 at 7:23am:
A few evenings ago my fiancee and I went to see a well-known medium at a local theatre. He was Colin Fry, who often appears on television in the U.K. with his own series.

He made some very good connections with spirits in the Afterlife, especially when he also worked simultaneously with T.J. Higgs(?), bringing messages to participants in the audience who recognised the spirit body.
He had previously explained how spirits have to lower their vibrational frequency in order to be able to make contact with the medium in various ways.

It was a very enjoyable and interesting performance but the thought crossed my mind as to why communication is seemingly always one way - from them to us.
Surely, if spirit can communicate via the medium why cannot the medium put/ask spirit about events the participant wants answers to? Wouldn`t that be the ultimate test of the validity of contact rather than the medium saying something to the audience member then asking "Does that mean anything to you?", or "Do you recognise that?", etc?
In many other ways, like saying how many brothers, sisters, etc., they had during the contact he was always correct.

Having lost my wife some 5 years ago and having had many ADC`s in the first few months of her passing I have to say that I also totally believe in such medium spirit contact, having had an excellent reading at a spiritualist church during which the medium came out with both my fiancee`s and my name. He didn`t know us from Adam and neither did anyone at the church either so nothing was "rigged". Our visit was purely on the spur of the moment.

Put simply, why cannot mediums connect with spirit in the same way that spirit can connect with them, to ensure two-way communication?

roger  Undecided

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #3 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 6:28pm

I think it's a great question, Roger. And I certainly agree with the possibilities brought up in the thread. It seems to me a two way transmission would take a great deal of energy and many mediums may be in receiver mode because to change to a sender frequency endangers the reception of the signal. I've wondered if perhaps the signal is available to many at one time and is translated differently by the different mediums. Kind of like a broadcast signal on the radio does not allow for two way communication. But there are mediums who take on the task of two way communication. I don't think it takes anything away from the mediums who rely on one communications. It just a different animal. Thanks for a cool question.

Beau

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Cricket

Reply #4 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 9:42pm

I don't know about direct-from-the-medium, real-time communication, but I know that John answered several questions I had put to him before my reading, through the medium.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.