Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re-experience a feeling (Read 4891 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Re-experience a feeling
Dec 6th, 2008 at 12:23am

Bruce,

Currently I am working on something and I think it has to do with one thing you teach, and that is to remember a feeling until you actually re-experience that feeling.  Specifically you teach this part about the feeling of love.  But wouldn't this technique work on any feeling? 

An example is this, and I hope it doesn't sound too strange or confusing:  The other day I spontaneously thought of something I wanted to ask a friend, but I then immediately got the feeling that instead of asking him that I should just wait and let him tell me the information on his own when the time comes.  That thought came with the distinct feeling that this was given by guidance.  It's that old familiar feeling.  As it turned out, several hours later that evening this friend did email me with the answer to the question I was wondering about.  Let's just say I wasn't too surprised!

So that feeling that tells me things like that, that's what I call my guidance.  You and others who are familiar with my experiences know that I have had many experiences like that, and now it's to the point that when those things happen, I trust it because I know that familiar feeling. 

What I want to learn to do is to bring that feeling to me and utilize it in whatever manner I choose to, rather than it just waiting for it to happen spontaneously, as it did in that example above.  So would you say that if I worked on remembering that feeling to the point of re-experiencing it, that that would be a good technique for learning to utilize that guidance feeling I get and to then put it to good use?  Would that be one way in which I can learn to trust and train my psychic abilities? 

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Re: Re-experience a feeling
Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 10:00am

Vicky,

When I teach about re-experiencing a feeling it is what might be called a "navigational technique" for shifting awareness from one area of consciousness to another.  In the Guidebook and in the workshop I call it the Hemi-Sync Model of Consciousness,

Let's assume that there is an area of consciousness we could call "Guidance Consciousness" (a valid assumption in my experience) and that whenever we are in this area of consciouosness we are in contact and communicating with Guidance.

Let's further assume that each time you experience being in contact with Guidance, you recognize a certain feeling or pattern of feelings  that you associate with being in contact with that Guidance, or within the area of conscious we are calling Guidance Consciousness.

Then to do what you are asking about, be in contact with Guidance to receive from, and be able to utilize it, and put Guidance to good use, you could do exactly as you are suggesting.  Just place intent to be in contact with your guidance for whatever purpose you have, and then focus your attention on remembering that feeling.  Remember that feeling to the point that you are actually re-experiencing the feeling or pattern of feeling of being in contact.  

If you do this, in my view you will automatically shift your focus of attention to Guidance Consciousness.  Then comes the next part of what I teach about navigating within consciousness.  All that is left to do, to be in conscious communication with Guidance, is to utilize your nonphysical senses to become aware of and interact within that area of consciousness.  Fortunately for you, since such communication is part of the same feeling or pattern of feeling you are re-experiencing that last part will be easier for you.

Good question Vicky,

Thanks,

Bruce

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #2 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 9:20pm

I got that word Guidance from you, you know.  And as an extension of that, now Guidance Consciousness.  

Smiley

That term really works for me, as now I can label that feeling and learn to bring myself back to that place.

I guess I never thought of my guidance and psychic experiences as being a specific area of consciousness.  That's brilliant!  I can't believe I've overlooked that concept.  I've always wondered what made those experiences happen.  I mean, I knew it was something I was doing that put me in the right connection that allowed them to happen, but so far I haven't had much ease in luck of replicating  the same experiences or circumstances to make it happen at will.  Sounds like you are saying all it takes is for me to consciously put my mind in that same area of consciousness and then I will be able to use it at will.  

So no matter what feeling or thought or emotion I'm experiencing while in Guidance Consciousness, it's all still the same area of consciousness, correct?  And if I want to receive information from that area of consciousness, then I have to be there in order to receive it.  

This makes so much sense when looked at this way, it's like a huge lightbulb just turned on for me.  But I can see that I have the challenge of reprogramming many years of thinking, thinking that went along the lines of believing that my connection to Guidance was when someone or something called "Guidance" decided I was deserving of its presence and its advice and its information.  But it sounds like you're saying I should really begin to look at this "Guidance" as not so much as a being or entity separate from myself, but look at it like a state of being that I enter into.  And that however the information manifests to me, whether it's through a knowing feeling, or a voice, or whatever, those are just elements of "how" I'm perceiving while in this area of consciousness, but they aren't Guidance Consciousness in and of themselves.

Bruce, I can see why you tell us not to focus on only perceiving one way, but to instead allow ourselves to perceive in whatever form is necessary or whatever form takes place.  

Thanks so much for your patience with me.    Roll Eyes

Love,

Vicky

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

khaled

Reply #3 - Dec 7th, 2008 at 11:53am

Dear Vicky ,

Don't you think there is another dimention to this regarding the
roles of the Guides ?

I don't think everyone who has ever received guidance were able
to attune themselves to the Guidance Consciousness. As Bruce
has mentioned that you can reach to the Guidance Consciousness
through your feeling , in the same way any Guide surely will be
able to reach you if it wants to give you guidance . In the Afterlife Knowledge  board there is a relevant post of Bruce in this regard  'Interpretor?Trickster?Presentience? ' on July 22 nd , 2008 where this issue of a Guide contacting with someone and then giving guidance was discussed.

I believe communication is possible in both the direction.

But definitely if you can somehow attune yourself to that Guidance
Consciousness then you may remain in contact with your guidance
constantly and can get guidance at will.

But also someone who does not know anything about Guidance
Consciousness can also get the reward of guidance through the
generousity of the Guides as spirit world is directed through Love.

Love to you ,

--- Khaled

If I could  learn a little bit about Love !

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #4 - Dec 7th, 2008 at 8:43pm

Hi Khaled,

I think what I got out of what Bruce was saying about Guidance Consciousness, was that the attributes and feelings and availability to what I call my guidance is a specific state of being that I can learn to put my awareness back to whenever I want to just by learning to do it.  That feeling I call my guidance doesn't have to remain this mysterious being who decides when I get to benefit from it.  I can look at it as something that I myself am in control of, and by learning and choosing to utilize it I can begin to see the role that my consciousness plays in making things happen in my life.  

I hear what you are saying about the role of guides getting through to us when we ourselves are not trying to make the connection.  I have definitely had many experiences where my guidance was the one making the connection, not me.  However, I also do believe that at some point in my life, I made some conscious thought or decision to have a certain experience, and then at some later point when that time was appropriate (either the opportunity opened up or I was mentally relaxed enough that I was open to receive it) my guides or guidance found a way to get through to me.  At the time, it may seem that I had nothing to do with creating that experience, when in fact I really did.  

You said, "in the same way any Guide surely will be able to reach you if it wants to give you guidance".  I spent many years thinking that way too, and I'm beginning to change that way of thinking.  It really does feel like when anything having to do with guidance happens (and that includes my psychic experiences, clairvoyance, and ESP) it feels like someone outside of myself is finally gracing me with some knowledge I had no way of knowing.  However, what I'm learning is that because I know I can make the conscious connection to that guidance (as Bruce called it, that area of consciousness), and once I'm there I can easily access the information I'm looking for, I now begin to realize that that other person I've been calling guidance is really an extension of myself in another dimension, or in another perspective.  Those guides and that thing called guidance is really me, what some call the higher self, and what Bruce calls his Disc.  

I recently spoke with a psychic and asked her how she receives information from her guidance or from someone's deceased loved one.  She said it all sounds the same to her.  She receives all her psychic info the same way.  She said if she was receiving information from someone's deceased grandma, it comes through and sounds the same way no matter who the person is.  She just trusts that her own guidance is guiding her in what she's doing and giving her the information she needs.  To her, it really didn't matter if it was the voice of her guidance talking or the the voice of someone's dead grandma, it sounds the same to her and as long as she was able to perceive and receive the information she was supposed to be getting, she trusted that process.  Then I asked her how she gets into that process, and for her it was just by the conscious decision to do so.  She knew that once she sat down and decided she needed to make the connection, she would turn on her tape recorder and she knew that was it.  That's all it took to put her in that area of consciousness.  

I can see the changes in my own experiences, with the old me who only had experiences with guidance when there was some extreme situation or emotion.  But now there's the new me, where I'm finding that the more I take conscious control and make the effort to learn more and create more, I see that that conscious effort to make the connection is very possible.  It's just a matter of making the decision to do it and it's there.  Also, I can shed that old belief that my guides and guidance will only show up when I'm in some dire situation or extreme emotion.  That's not true and doesn't have to be true.  I can alter my experience with how guidance works for me by making the conscious connection to guidance in a relaxed way just by desiring to do so.  

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #5 - Dec 7th, 2008 at 10:13pm

Vicky,

Vicky wrote on Dec 6th, 2008 at 9:20pm:
So no matter what feeling or thought or emotion I'm experiencing while in Guidance Consciousness, it's all still the same area of consciousness, correct?  And if I want to receive information from that area of consciousness, then I have to be there in order to receive it.

That's the basic concept, yes.  To receive the information you only need to be in that area of consciousness and   be capable of using your "senses" to interact there.
Quote:
But it sounds like you're saying I should really begin to look at this "Guidance" as not so much as a being or entity separate from myself, but look at it like a state of being that I enter into.    

Yes!  Separation is, perhaps, an illusion created only by the belief in being separated,
Quote:
And that however the information manifests to me, whether it's through a knowing feeling, or a voice, or whatever, those are just elements of "how" I'm perceiving while in this area of consciousness, but they aren't Guidance Consciousness in and of themselves.

Yes but it can be difficult to separate the message from the messenger at times.

Interesting observations, Vicky

Bruce

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #6 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 6:56pm

Awesome thread. Separation, that's it, isn't it? Sometimes I get so caught up in my dramas I completely forget about the illusion of separation. Ken Carey wrote some great books on that subject too, but I haven't read those for many years. Thanks for bringing all this up Vicky. I was on a drugless trip once where I perceived the universe as one entity interconnected through the energy and I wound up in a mental ward for a few days but it was worth it. It was a long time ago. Thanks y'all for reminding me about the illusion of separation. I'll try to stay out of the hospital this time Cheesy

Yours,
Beau

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.