Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Are there homeless people in the afterlife? (Read 3105 times)
blink
Ex Member

Are there homeless people in the afterlife?
Dec 5th, 2008 at 8:00am

Are there homeless people in the afterlife?

I was standing outside my club, the one I like, where my favorite band plays -- I was smoking a cigarette. It's been a couple months since I've been out, I guess, because I've been sick, off and on. The first half of the show was wonderful, and the atmosphere joyful. Everyone had gone back in, and I had just begun smoking.

A black woman, looked to be in her twenties, bundled up, came up and stood beside me, crying. She told me she was at the end of her rope. She looked into my face like she was dying. She said she couldn't get into the shelter that night, and the temperature was dropping to freezing. She was shaking and crying, leaning against the wall, so I put my arm around her shoulders.

"It's going to be okay," I said.
"Is it?" she asked, as if in disbelief.
"Yes, it is."

She told me a rapid story of how she had been abused by her partner, and didn't want to stay with him. She said she was trying to stay off alcohol and drugs, and that she'd been clean for a month.

"I'm trying to stay clean," she said with a fervor in her voice. She was sobbing and shaking. I looked at her. She had no place to go, but, damn it, she was trying to stay 'clean' and not break her promise to herself.

"You are clean," I said. "You are feeling your own feelings, and that's hard sometimes."

I went back into the club for a moment, asking her to wait.

When I returned, first I handed her $40. Then I pulled out $60 more.

I just happened to have it. I don't carry money around.

She began yelling with happiness. "I can get a room," she half-sobbed/shouted. "Yes," I said, "Get a room, get some food, watch tv..."

"Watch TV........." she repeated in ecstacy.

"Don't forget, you deserve this, for being a human being." I said.

She just about broke my bones hugging me. "Thank you, lady!" She went running down the street in joy.

Her feet, I swear, I didn't see them landing as she left.

That's how I feel in my dreams sometimes. Like I'm running down the street, and I seem to lift off the ground, and suddenly I'm flying. What a great feeling it is to be flying.

love, blink

IP Logged

roger prettyman

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Bedford, U.K.
Re: Are there homeless people in the afterlife?
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2008 at 9:21am

Blink,

A very nice story but I cannot quite make out whether it happened for real or just in your dream. Clarification, please.

If for real you had great faith in that the money wouldn`t have been used to buy more drugs/alcohol. I think I would have asked her to wait then taken her to a shelter to make sure she actually got a room which you could have paid for direct.

With regard to your heading, surely, there should be no homelessness in the Afterlife because spirit can supposedly manifest what it wants and it appears instantly. However, I suppose it is possible for spirit to be stuck in a BST with others of a similar thinking and this could occur, depending upon their beliefs while in the physical world. No doubt more enlightened readers will respond.

roger  Undecided

The past is history, the future is a mystery.&&Today is a gift, that`s why it`s called the present.&&Let yourself enjoy today. It will never come again.&&&&&&Butterfly.

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #2 - Dec 5th, 2008 at 12:57pm

My thoughts exactly, Roger. 
This did happen to me: I was walking my 3 blocks to work and saw a homless person on the opposit side of the street. I had to cross to his side, as the building I was going into was near him. As I did, the thought came to me, "Oh, is he going to ask me for money?" After crossing, that's exactly what happened. He needed money to get to the next City via bus, and didn't have enough money on him.  I reached into my purse (which I don't normally do --- I use to keep loose money in my pocket for such purposes) and came up with a $5 bill. I apoligised saying, "All I have on me is $5" and I handed it to him. He was elated and told me that now he had enough for the ticket. I watched him go down the street toward the bus terminal and pass out of my sight.
It's a chance we take in believing the homeless persons. I always wondered if he was a spirit only--- testing me. I am a giver, but it doesn't mean that I don't get leary when a person approaches me that I don't know.

The receiver must make his/her own choice.  Most times I don't carry any money on me at all-- maybe my debit card with limited funds or some loose change.  Another time a homeless young man was a distance from me, freezing and asking for help. The shelters turn them out at 7:00 AM each morning unless the temperature is under 32 degrees.  I heard him ask from behind me, but I was already in a rush for work. I made a mental note that I would try to help. After work, I didn't notice that he was in an alcove until I was driving home. The next day I had put together warm clothes and a blanket for him, but he wasn't there again for the rest of the winter. My heart sunk. I really wanted to help him.

Once again, I made a choice--- and I was too late.
The homeless persons also have to make choices and that often is dependent on us. I can't save the world, but maybe I can make one little dent in it.

Love and Light--- Carol Ann

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #3 - Dec 5th, 2008 at 3:05pm

A little story about myself. Many years back I too was homeless. I was a kid. Had just left home. I was about 15. I lived on the streets for a few years doing drugs and begging. Going to homeless shelters for a hot meal. There came a time when I made the choice to change myself. I got off the dope and got a job. With a little help. I had gotten involved with a cult. They new the signs of one reaching out and they reached out to me. I bit, and was involved for a few years. You know, when I look back at now I understand that it was my choice in the first place to be living in the streets. My choice to be a drugie. My choice to get involved in a cult. To this day I still thank my lucky stars for that day I got taken in by that cult. They helped me get off drugs. Gave me a place to lay my head that didn't involve doing drugs or having sex with someone I didn't want to. Gave me choices to get it together or to leave.The choice of living on the streets is a choice you make. In most cases you can get off them if you want to. Take that crappy $5.00 job and move into a dump. The important part it to take a hold of your life. I remember holding my hand out to others for some small change and being thankful that I received a few cents. Eating out of dumpsters. I rairly give to pan handlers now days. I give to the Salvation Army. When I give to them I know where the moneys going. Not on booze or drugs. But on food and lodging for those who need someone to hold out a hand and offer them a way to stand back up. And you Cat... To hold out your hand with such a large amount to give at this point is truly an act of love. The people who come here have so much love. You all make me proud to be a part of it.

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #4 - Dec 5th, 2008 at 10:52pm

Yes it's interesting, one makes a decision to give or not to give, and dependent on this the receiver/non receiver makes a decision. But independently of the consequences on the biographies which we can't foresee, Blink beautifully told of a special moment. The poor woman, no matter what she later decided to do with the money, was happy at that moment, and she'll never forget this experience. Such episodes have a right on its own, and as well can be seeds for whatever biographic turning points. Life is twisting, turning and winding and goes strange ways sometimes, maybe, don't know where, don't know when, we'll be able to put the pieces together. If necessary.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 9:17am

roger prettyman wrote on Dec 5th, 2008 at 9:21am:
Blink,

A very nice story but I cannot quite make out whether it happened for real or just in your dream. Clarification, please.

--------------------

This happened for real, Roger, but it felt like a dream.

--------------------------

If for real you had great faith in that the money wouldn`t have been used to buy more drugs/alcohol. I think I would have asked her to wait then taken her to a shelter to make sure she actually got a room which you could have paid for direct.

---------------

She convinced me, and I could read her body language very well, having been in her circumstances before. She was simply someone who needed a break.

--------------------------------

With regard to your heading, surely, there should be no homelessness in the Afterlife because spirit can supposedly manifest what it wants and it appears instantly. However, I suppose it is possible for spirit to be stuck in a BST with others of a similar thinking and this could occur, depending upon their beliefs while in the physical world. No doubt more enlightened readers will respond.

roger  Undecided

------------------------------------------

This experience was so dreamlike that I wonder now if she manifested me, or if I manifested her. If it were not for the $100, how would I know any of this really took place?

love, blink

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 9:20am

Thanks for telling us your story, Hawkeye. I'm glad you made it to be with us here.   love, blink

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 9:24am

spooky2 wrote on Dec 5th, 2008 at 10:52pm:
Life is twisting, turning and winding and goes strange ways sometimes, maybe, don't know where, don't know when, we'll be able to put the pieces together. If necessary.

Spooky

I think I read an article lately which indicated that each interaction of 'happiness' (i.e., positive interaction) shared with another has a ripple effect to at least two other people. Not one, but two -- meaning, not just the person you helped and one other, but two others.

So, if all of us in this world try just a little bit harder to help each other, we can make much more of a difference than we think!

love, blink

IP Logged

JustineS

Reply #8 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 11:08am

I think this is an inspiring story. Giving like this is an act of unconditional love- not requiring the person to use the money in a way that you think is best for them, but allowing them to make the decision for themselves. They may learn a lesson or not, but you have taken a gamble on an important opportunity. Last night I gave money at the bus station to someone who was turned away by about 30 people in a row for asking for a dollar. If your friend asked you for a dollar, you'd probably give it, no questions asked. I say we see all human beings as our friends. Especially when some have so little and we have so much, let us not judge what horrible circumstances and despair may have led them to such a place, and let us not take our own fortune for granted- we have all made decisions, but have relied more than we know on the love and support of others.

IP Logged

roger prettyman

Bedford, U.K.
Reply #9 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 2:56pm

Justine says, "...I say we see all human beings as our friends. Especially when some have so little and we have so much, let us not judge what horrible circumstances and despair may have led them to such a place, and let us not take our own fortune for granted- we have all made decisions, but have relied more than we know on the love and support of others."

How right you are!

Before I lost my wife some years ago I never had time or patience with those who were homeless or drunks and/or took drugs - just couldn`t understand their reasoning.
However, while attending a bereavement group meeting the lady who ran it (who was also a qualified counsellor and cremator) told us about a youngish man who had been found dead, who nobody claimed and they didn`t know who he was. Nobody attended his funeral. After much searching it was eventually found that he had been a German doctor who became a drunk and had died of alcohol poisoning. Presumably the pressure of his profession got to him and led him down the road to despair.

This got me to thinking that here was a professional man who had died as a result of his own actions, which could happen to any of us.
Since that time I have become a very compassionate and more understanding man, thinking, "There but for the grace of God go I" who doesn`t look down on these people any more.

roger  Wink

The past is history, the future is a mystery.&&Today is a gift, that`s why it`s called the present.&&Let yourself enjoy today. It will never come again.&&&&&&Butterfly.

IP Logged

JustineS

Reply #10 - Dec 7th, 2008 at 12:19pm

Bless you Roger, this is my favorite saying!!!

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #11 - Dec 8th, 2008 at 3:49pm

Oh ya, back to the question. Are there homeless in the afterlife?
Yes, of course there are. In fact in F27 you make the choice of how you will experience the local. If you choose not to have a "home" for instance, then you would be "homeless".

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #12 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 2:36pm

Joe--- I knew I loved you at TMI--- now I understand even more of why I love you--- Thanks for sharing your story.

I said that we all make a choice, those of us who beg and those of us who give. That is the same in the BST that we choose to be in. I there is a lesson, still to be learned, then our BST will be one of homelessness and a feeling of desertion. Bruce talked about this in one of his books. A lady he came upon in BST believed that all the helpers around her were wild dogs that where chasing her to do her harm. Actually, they were helpers, spirits, guides and human travelers like Bruce, trying to help her. She made her own hell" because she believed she deserved to be punished.  It would be the same for the homeless person.

If the homeless person suddenly passes on without realizing it, then his/her belief system would appear the same in every way, and gradually start to show discrepancies so the person who just past will start to question his/her new inviroment.
"Oh-- I don't remember that new person being here in the park with me.  "
" That looks just like Jane Doe. But, it can't be. She died a few months back".
"I don't remember putting on this coat. Where did this come from?"

Then the new realization of passing onto another level will start to take hold and the homeless "spirit" person can move on.

---cat

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.