Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Meditation issue (MUSIC ±@£$) (Read 1691 times)
PhantasyMan

Québec
Meditation issue (MUSIC ±@£$)
Nov 29th, 2008 at 10:12pm

Hi,

I had this big problem:  When I compose music on my computer, or on my guitar, or when I practice a song on guitar, there is always a song pattern that continue to play in my mind for many hours after.

When I meditate, it continues to play, and play.  I experienced with different techniques to get rid of it, but it doesn't work.  For example, I tried to say a mantra in my mind...  It worked for few seconds, but the song started to play again and mixed with the mantra.  I tried to say 2 and 3 mantra at once, but the song always came back. 

I tried to calm the mind, but even if it's calm, the song play.  The only way to get rid of it is to wait many hours.

Anyone here have or had this issue??

IP Logged

StarryEyedNoOne

Re: Meditation issue (MUSIC ±@£$)
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2008 at 10:45pm

I've had some experience with playing music as meditation, but it's different from what you describe.  I've found a certain sequence of chords very soothing and helpful when I play my guitar, rather than distracting.  Honestly, it never was something I thought very much about.  Do you think this pattern means something to you beyond distraction?

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns and calls me on and on across the universe..." - Lennon&&

IP Logged

devayan

Australia
Reply #2 - Nov 30th, 2008 at 2:29am

PhantasyMan wrote on Nov 29th, 2008 at 10:12pm:
Hi,

I had this big problem:  When I compose music on my computer, or on my guitar, or when I practice a song on guitar, there is always a song pattern that continue to play in my mind for many hours after.

When I meditate, it continues to play, and play.  I experienced with different techniques to get rid of it, but it doesn't work.  For example, I tried to say a mantra in my mind...  It worked for few seconds, but the song started to play again and mixed with the mantra.  I tried to say 2 and 3 mantra at once, but the song always came back.  

I tried to calm the mind, but even if it's calm, the song play.  The only way to get rid of it is to wait many hours.

Anyone here have or had this issue??

Dear Phantasyman.
I have had many experiences of music playing over and over in my mind.
Whenever that happens I have learnt that the music is trying to give you an insight about yourself.Over and over I have learn't so much by this phenomenon.Trust it,value it and just let yourself stay with it.The music you will find is bringing something out of the depths of your "unconscious"It is your music created by you for a purpose to enlighten you about something in your life you need to know.Just let it play in your mind over and over...don't resist,just let it be.You will find after a certain time that a deep upwelling will arise from the depths of your Being and finally a beautifull insight will emerge that will contain a great healing for you.Trust me I know.
Love Devayan
ps.all healing is of a vibratory nature in your case and mine it is often music.
"Music of the Spheres"??

Awareness is the Divine Key
oilyrag5608  
IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #3 - Nov 30th, 2008 at 7:00pm

Hi Phantasy Man,

I used to have that phenomena for decades too! My fingers would find the chords of the theme whenever I got to a piano! (I don't play the piano.) Finally I heard it on the radio and heard them say it was a national anthem from a slavic country.  After I accepted that it must be important to me, it eased up and didn't come on so strongly or often.

Since then I've found other words stories etc about that country and they have quite a strong energy for me.  I assume they come from a former life.

Perhaps you could dialogue with / talk to your own consciousness while that music is playing -- ask it if the music is from an early memory, ( or a former life, or contains a current message, etc.) Perhaps you too will get an answer and some relief from it that way.

Best wishes, Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #4 - Nov 30th, 2008 at 8:30pm

Yes PhantasyMan, same problem here. After practicing a song it goes round and round in my head and is hard to stop.

The hardest it is when you're trying to practice an "empty mind" meditation. I don't do it normally as it is quite difficult. I often just try to block thinking in words, and this sometimes works for songs, too. Then there's this type of meditation where you go in your mind to a place and/or event, and when very focused on this, the tune won't be in my awareness (but when I de-focus it starts again). When it's too annoying to bear I suggest to put on headphones and listen to one of those boring-relaxing-soft meditation music tapes. For example HS "Sleeping through the rain" (synthy chords and rain sounds) or so.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #5 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 11:52pm

PhantasyMan

I thought of your post the other day. I am not a musician...did study piano as a kid and can sing in a group....but it is not a major focus of my life, except that I like to dance (and so I like music with a good beat, or at least a clear rhythm).

So I was surprised to realize I had a melody in the back of my mind one day. I was maybe reading in bed and falling asleep. I've been out of work so I've been sleeping way too much, but that helps me have more interesting and involved dreams. and thoughts.

But the melody was a surprise to me. I lost it...should have tried to play it on a keyboard. It was not anything I know...kind of in a minor key, melodic, kind of pensive.  I mean this is way out of my line of experiences.

Like, where was I hearing it from? At least if it is something I hear on the radio and can't turn off in my mind, at least I know where it came from. This was mysterious to me.

I have sort of hallucinated music when I was feverish, but that was not the case this time.

I wouldn't mind if it came back.

But this is opposite to your problem Did you figure out a solution?

Sometimes when I have a little pain, I can make it go away by trying to magnify it in my mind. I wonder if that would work for your issue. What would happen if you purposely began to sing/play the song?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.