Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
terrorist assault in Mumbai (Read 5018 times)
blink
Ex Member

Re: terrorist assault in Mumbai
Reply #15 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 8:34am

(CNN) -- A Virginia woman whose husband and daughter were gunned down in last week's terror attacks in India says the attackers should be forgiven.

"We must send them our love, forgiveness and compassion," Kia Scherr told reporters Tuesday of the Mumbai attackers, nine of whom were killed by Indian forces. "As Jesus Christ said long ago, they know not what they do.

"They are in ignorance, and they are completely shrouded and clouded by fear, and we must show that love is possible and love overpowers fear. So that's my choice."

(cont)
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/12/04/mumbai.synchronicity/index.html

--------------------

Nothing to add here. This meditation group speaks for itself.

love, blink

IP Logged

Old Dood

Lansing
Reply #16 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 10:45am

Deepak Chopra speaks on CNN (26 November 2008)

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD1rfL788S4

'Believe' what you want.  The Truth IS out there for those that are willing to 'see'.

Who are the 'REAL Terrorists'?

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 10:47am

Blink-

I saw that interview.  Yes, forgiveness is really the only option in order for her to get through these horrific crimes.  

I would say they were tragedies, but something that is planned in infinite detail and carried out with full malice aforethought does not fit the definition of tragedy.  An earthquake or hurricane can result in tragedies but this event was entirely man-made.  Terrorist assault is entirely the correct description.

I would disagree with one point- that they didn't know what they were doing.  Yes, they actually knew precisely what they did and they knew precisely why they did it.  Their motives may be entirely irrational, but that doesn't excuse what they did. They were not children whose mom strapped a suicide vest on them and told them what button to press when they got to the markeplace.

They were killers, and they knew what they were doing when they sprayed the hotel lobby with automatic gunfire and they knew that people would die.  That was their plan. To pretend otherwise is simply enabling an environment that will produce more and more of these terrorist attacks no matter how much PUL is sent in their direction.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #18 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 12:51pm

Quote:
How do you know this? Why don't they just stop the terroists, or are they powerless? Why are they powerless? Free will I suppose!

That's the million-dollar question:
HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS?

How do you know anything?

This is really a deep question for serious meditation,but that has never stopped anyone from trying to answer with words.

We base our knowledge on our senses of the world. We build up a picture and then we build on that. Where language comes from is a mystery, but it is part of our building of the world. So we extrapolate from the pure senses to the abstract by using language. We create a word-built world.  So everything we claim we KNOW must fit into that created world.

Every time something new has come down th epike, there has been a struggle as to whether it would be incorporated. Science was reviled because it questioned the assumptions of that great political bosy, the Roman Catholic Church. Now it is the cornerstone. But it is still all invented.

So how does Gordon know what he says? Becuase it is what he experiences.What else can any of us claim?

I don't believe in the existence of Jesus the Christ. I see old mythologies got re-written to create a story. The Isis-Horus-Osiris thing is pretty clearly a template for the Jesus story. I don't experience Christ through personal experience and I don't experience Christ through the lives of most of the folks who run to sit their fannies in a church pew at regular intervals. So I don't really believe in that.

(This was for "Harvey").

Quote:
that they didn't know what they were doing.

On what level, Rondele? Yes they knew to get guns and boats so on that level they knew what they were doing. But on the level of understanding that we create this world, as I alluded to above, did they know? Does any of us really know what we are doing?

"Forgive them, for they know not what they do."

I have a problem with the word "forgive" because in my family what it really went was, let it go, turn the other cheek and pretend it didn't happen, so the perpetrator can do it again. The definitions alluded to in ACIM have given me a whole new perspective on this. "Forgive" means letting Spirit somehow undo the mess we made. Wow.

Then there is the issue that the victims are also part of what is created. I'm not ready to advocate for letting the perps go, just advocating to think on what that means.

I truly hope this mom/wife is able to surround herself with PUL and feel peace. I admire her for trying. I hope we can reach a time where maybe someone like Gordon can easily bring her some verifiable info and help confirm for her that her family still continue on. Her case is not the place to go loking for verifiable information but it seems like there are other times we could practice here.

We are like babies just learning to talk. We don't know what all the words mean yet.

IP Logged

gordon phinn

Afterlife Knowledge Member

toronto, canada
Reply #19 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 6:18pm

Old Dood:

I have addressed your terrorist/freedom fighter concerns in my youtube video "wordofgord on Mumbai Assault".

gordon

Old Dood wrote on Dec 2nd, 2008 at 10:02am:
No disrespect....
How do we really know that these people are Terrorists?
I am not belittling this or disregarding ANYone's loss of life.
It is a horrific thing to happen.  I question as to WHY!
Why is the title of this thread not simply 'Assult in Mubai'?
Is not one man's Terrorist another man's Freedom Fighter?
Were the colonists of the British Empire labled Terrorists?
Do we think of the American Revolution as fought by Terrorists on the American side?

Where did that bit of information about Mumbai come from?
MSM? (Main Steam Media) Or as I like to coin now the Corporate Owned Media.

That term 'Terrorist' is thrown around a lot now a days isn't it?
It IS our 'New Enemy'.
The Russians used to be our 'enemy' too.
If you have an 'enemy' then you have a way in which to control the populace....through FEAR!
Also you have a means in which to develop, build, all sorts of weapon systems too.

Since I do not believe in any coincidences anymore it is odd that we are losing our Freedoms/Liberties as soon as this 'New Enemy' came on the scene.
In a major way since the date of September 11, 2001 this has been the case.
We have been warned more then once about this by credible people.

Just food for thought.
Al Qaeda was formed and funded by the CIA.
In other words Al Qauda is a FRONT for the CIA.
The CIA is the major importer of the drugs in this country. (Sure there is a few 'little guys' doing it.  Not enough though to make a dent)
Why do you think this 'War on Drugs' is never Won?
(Do you honestly think this 'War on Terror' will be won? Also why is it called the 'War on Terror' and not Terror-ISM?)
You think 'they' could not stop drugs from coming into this country?
I would respectfully ask you to think again on that.
Or Read the book titled: 'Confessions of an Economic Hit Man' by John Perkins for starters. (Or look him up on Google video)

I do not 'know' for sure who these people really are.
I will not simply accept whatever I read & hear in the Media though.

Not anymore!

When I see 'Stories' like this in the news and controlling the News Cycle I then try to look deeper then what is on the surface.

Do you know who the next 'Enemy' is going to be?  Anyone want to take a shot at it?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.