Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cern - particle converter (Read 2093 times)
Reach

Cern - particle converter
Nov 27th, 2008 at 8:41am

http://public.web.cern.ch/public/

Hi all , I was watching a program the other night on Discovery about this particle accelerator found in Geneva. What I understand about it is that the scientists are about to try and recreate the beginning of our universe. Mind blowing stuff and for 6 billion dollars I hope they get the answers they seek.

But it got me thinking could this machine lead us to the proof that all scientist need when talking about other dimensions. The proof that matter can change form and does not just simple vanish into thin air. Would this machine not adventurally lay to rest the questions regarding the Afterlife.

I know when this machine was to be fired up for the first time that there was a distinct possiablity that  we could all be sucked into a black hole. I believe if this machine gives the answers that the scientists seek it could have a massive bearing on life , religion and the afterlife.

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: Cern - particle converter
Reply #1 - Nov 27th, 2008 at 9:13am

Reach said: "...could this machine lead us to the proof that all scientist need when talking about other dimensions. The proof that matter can change form and does not just simple vanish into thin air."

I do hope you're right, Reach!  Many people may find the indications that science and afterlife interests are beginning to merge. Other areas of science are already proving the same aspects of the afterlife as afterlife explorers do: non-linear time, energy more pervasive than matter, etc.
But others only look for what falls within the categories they have already established.
It still takes personal experience to bridge the gaps that knowledge hasn't filled in yet. That's why those afterlife explorers, such as Bruce, who are willing to share their techniques are so important.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Reach

Reply #2 - Nov 27th, 2008 at 9:22am

Hi Bets , (But others only look for what falls within the categories they have already established) It shall be those people that this experiment could have the greatest impact on. The proof that other dimensions can exist. Has many people need to have physical proof before they can believe and if this machine gives that proof it can only be for the better.

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #3 - Nov 27th, 2008 at 9:49pm

I think this new accelerator will add nothing to our understanding of the world of mind, the world of our experiences. These things are just not a part of physical science. For example, there are a lot of physicist's theories about dimensions. But these are only mathematical concepts based upon objective observations of physical matter. It has nothing to do with dimensions as a term for varieties of consciousness states/places (except for the basic language connection). At least so far, I can't see a clear bond between contemporary opinions and theories about the human consciousness (or more correct, about us), such as are discussed here on this site, and contemporary physics. The only thing is that quantum physics clearly shows that there can be observations made which are not explainable through the common terms of time and space. So, through this the old mechanistic view definitely is dead, but that's about all.

Sorry for being that pessimistic, but I think it's better to point out early enough that physical science, as it is now, isn't the right track for further insights in our own greater reality and destiny. This track may even be misleading, as it focuses great amounts of money and attention on it, drawing it away from those things like meditation and philosophical thinking for example.

Sciences of nature in general undoubtly have contributed and will contribute to our understanding of the world we live in, but more in a technical sense, which yet sometimes can have the effect to destroy some dusty belief systems, which I of course welcome. But a more extreme impact than in quantum mechanics already is shown I can't imagine.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

pedigree

Reply #4 - Nov 28th, 2008 at 4:50am

spooky2 wrote on Nov 27th, 2008 at 9:49pm:
I think this new accelerator will add nothing to our understanding of the world of mind, the world of our experiences. These things are just not a part of physical science. For example, there are a lot of physicist's theories about dimensions. But these are only mathematical concepts based upon objective observations of physical matter. It has nothing to do with dimensions as a term for varieties of consciousness states/places (except for the basic language connection).
Spooky

You are so right Spooky IMO. Thinking from the physical POV is barking up the wrong track....forever Smiley

IP Logged

StarryEyedNoOne

Reply #5 - Nov 28th, 2008 at 1:03pm

I'm actually quite excited about the LHC at CERN.  Even if physical matter is a diversion, it's an interesting one - even if time is an illusion, it seems we'll be stuck here for a while. Wink  As far as spiritual findings go, we can only hope that the collider raises enough questions about the nature of matter to inspire more people to do their own research into the non-physical aspects of our universe.

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns and calls me on and on across the universe..." - Lennon&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.