Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
a poll (Read 1636 times)
JustineS

a poll
Nov 24th, 2008 at 5:42pm

Just cause I like finding out what makes people tick!
When you die, what do you think you will most miss about your life and what are you most excited to experience?
I will miss all the physical mementoes such as my journals and letters from other people. I am excited to go exploring and meet totally different kinds of creatures and a lot of new people too!

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: a poll
Reply #1 - Nov 25th, 2008 at 9:07am

Hi Justine,

did you notice that on the first index page of this forum, that you can construct a poll to do your polling?  You would have to list some possible answers that you've considered and then folks can 'vote,' as well as add their own posted comment.
Then your poll won't have to be poll-less.  Wink

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #2 - Nov 25th, 2008 at 10:27am

JustineS wrote on Nov 24th, 2008 at 5:42pm:
When you die, what do you think you will most miss about your life . . . ?

With each brush with death, or worse, I've had the opportunity to face that question from the perspective of someone quite possibly in the process of dying, or worse.  There is not a single doubt in my mine about it, I will miss my wife.  Next comes those closest friends and family left behind.

As this body I live in ages and deteriorates it saddens me greatly to know that when it no longer functions, to the point of death, or worse, my wife will be left Here, abandoned by me because my body grew too old and feeble to survive.

JustineS wrote on Nov 24th, 2008 at 5:42pm:
. . . Most excited to explore and experience?

That's hard to say.  There is so much I feel that I have come to understand and accept as real, There, I figure it might be fun for a while to get use to living once again in a more immediate version of a "thoughts are things" environment.

Retrievals have been an important part of my time spent in this reality, Here.  So I figure I will spend some of my time There continuing to explore what I can do to further expand my own and other people's retrieval capabilities from the perspective of me living There.

Getting reacquainted with friends I've known during this lifetime will be a hoot.  I'll bet there are some surprises in store for me in these meetings with old friends, this lifetime and past lifetimes.  New friends ought to be a interesting.

Looking after those dear to me still living Here interests me too.

All in all I guess I am just looking forward to free rent, free food, free everything and a thick slice of eternity to Be There and play.  And no doubt at some point I will again get bored with living in the knowledge of the eternal nature of our Being and I will decide to take another one of these little vacations from eternity that I enjoy so much.  Pick out a time frame, a country, some parents and other circumstances, roll the dice again, and get back into this game called a physical reality lifetime.

Bruce
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2008 at 3:14pm by Bruce Moen »  
IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #3 - Nov 25th, 2008 at 2:13pm

What will I miss..The beauty and lessons of the phyical live existence and experiences with family and friends along with the use of a body to enjoy that experience. I know I can replicate what I see and feel here, in F27, but its just not the same as living the phyical life experience itself, nor the lessons learned by living the life.
Most excited to experience....revisiting with old friends and family that I would have liked to spend a little more earth time with along with the work that I left there, in order to exist here. The love that comes from all sources when there is true understanding that there is no death nor need of fear of death. The ability to choose a new existence and lession and a new way of experiencing love, when the time is right to do so.
Joe

IP Logged

Cricket

Reply #4 - Nov 25th, 2008 at 8:57pm

As this body I live in ages and deteriorates it saddens me greatly to know that when it no longer functions, to the point of death, or worse, my wife will be left Here, abandoned by me because my body grew too old and feeble to survive.

What Bruce said, in the past.  Now that John's gone, there's a lot of little stuff (kayaking, horseback riding, my friends, my kid) that I'd miss some, but not enough to make me dislike/fear the idea of death (dying painfully, yes, but not death.).

Kinda freeing, in a weird sort of way.

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 1:35am

Hmm, guess i'm sort of odd human out on this cause i can't think of anything i would miss too much, though there are plenty of Earthly things i do enjoy at the moment.   I suppose i would miss a little, cuddling with my wife or friends, petting the cats, homemade hot chocolate, and a few other things, but all in all I wouldn't miss anything that much.

I'm sure there is plenty that i would enjoy about the "afterlife", but i could see where it might get a little boring after awhile, though i  imagine i will keep myself pretty busy trying to help others and that would be pretty rewarding in and of itself.

If you spend very little time thinking about or focusing on the little self, its hard to get overly bored, restless, etc.   Same principle there, as it is here--just that here, there are more little self distractions (which facilitate focusing on same) all over the place.  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.