Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: The Near Death Traveler (Read 2831 times)
ChaosSpirit

Re: The Near Death Traveler
Nov 15th, 2008 at 6:29pm

It was very interesting reading this(to be honest it reminded me of Charles Dickens' tale,"A Christmas Carol"!)...But it seems that the person who had that NDE was very much influenced by his Christian beliefs and/or upbringing...which shaped his experience.

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2008 at 6:37pm

This story reminds me of a question my partner always asks me: what would you do with a soul if you had one?

That one can keep me going all day.

love, blink

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #2 - Nov 15th, 2008 at 9:36pm

I'd like to know first if this is a fictional or a real experience.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #3 - Nov 15th, 2008 at 11:16pm

Blink and Spooky,

It is a supposedly true NDE with religious components which I have removed.

That is why I am interested in your responses

It is very short excerpt from a much longer account which I can’t post due to copyright

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #4 - Nov 16th, 2008 at 9:38pm

About this mentioned four dimensions:

1. The physical inhabited by nonphysicals: I've heard from others of this "jumping into another's body" due to substance addiction. I never witnessed it myself. What I came across was a bunch of nonphysical alcoholics hanging around at one of our local alcoholics' meeting points. They seemed to do the same stuff as those folks usually do, repeating to tell the same type of stories and were not unhappy; surprisingly, they were aware of their nonphysicality, and of the physical, too; the knew that the physical people were not perceiving them. This dimension was a mix of both, the physical, and their nonphysical locale. When I approached them, they even told me that I can't go into a physical store to buy some drinking stuff; but that there are special stores where we could get something.
  I witnessed other nonphysical persons sticking around physical persons and places meaningful to them, though I cannot be absolutely sure if it really was in the physical, as sometimes it turned out that instead the physical, it was a place in Focus 23, or the in the Belief System Territory.
  In an experience what I think was a previous life of mine, I had commited suicide, and immediately after it I went back to my family, nonphysically, knowing that I had done wrong, with the overwhelming feeling of regret and sadness, but it was too late.

2. Hells: I've come across some hellish places; in most of them there was only one person. This can be very, very sad.
   Then there are those shared belief-system places which have in common a very rigid behaviour policy and sort of robotic, single-minded persons, they do their boring routine activities, only those who have doubts, and being in opposition are really suffering, but they are the candidates to leave soon. I've seen kind of comical hells as well, in one there was a constant biker gang fight, with ridiculous action. The people weren't really fearing anything, it seemed as if they thought they were in comic strip where people were constantly injured, but it just didn't really matter to them.
   I once saw a sex-place, but I had not the impression that it was hell: Men and women were playfully hunting each other in a park, naked, and had sex as much as they wanted to.

3. Places of information: Yes, for those who aren't caught up in limiting thought and action routines, there are places of teaching and information. Libraries, lectures, or events; and places of meditation.

4. The place of light: I've been to a place which I thought was "Love Center" in Focus 27, and to a place which I called "City of Love". Both were very bright, a brilliant nonphysical white, very energetic and busy, as if constantly large amounts of energy were produced and/or transformed and/or conducted there.

Note: This is from my mind-journeys, phasing with still being conscious of my physical body, not OBEs. I cannot say how reliable, or objective they are.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #5 - Nov 17th, 2008 at 4:48am

Spooky,

Very interesting, very insightful and enlightening post. You are a most highly developed soul.

OH!! Spooky the sex part is no hell it is a place of pleasure I cant wait

I resonate with every word

I will respond in more detail later  as I must pop off to do some shopping

Take Care

Alan
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2008 at 12:50pm by Alan McDougall »  

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #6 - Nov 17th, 2008 at 4:56am

Chaos Spirit

Quote:
It was very interesting reading this(to be honest it reminded me of Charles Dickens' tale,"A Christmas Carol"!)...But it seems that the person who had that NDE was very much influenced by his Christian beliefs and/or upbringing...which shaped his experience.

You are correct I just changed the name Jesus for Being of light to avoid religious bias in the account. And I see your sharp mind has caused me to fail

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Nov 17th, 2008 at 8:12am

I'm sorry to tell you this, Alan, but it bothers me a little that this person's story was deliberately altered and made anonymous. I think if you are presenting an altered personal account, people should be told first.

What I mean is, this is a story of the most profound moments in a person's life, something that altered his/her life afterwards.

How would this person feel about the religious parts being removed to make a point? I mean, this was his/her experience.

I suppose there is nothing stopping someone from taking anyone's story and inserting comical elements, or changing one 'disturbing' detail.

In the service of truth, I think such stories are better left as they are as a teaching tool to others. There are so many.

Perhaps you will agree with me? I know you have a very creative mind, and I appreciate you ability to construct interesting scenarios for all, and these are just my thoughts.

It occurs to me that people doubt these stories sometimes as it is. The better authenticity we support, the more credible we are.

I strongly feel that people must report EXACTLY what they experience. That is the only way to receive the correct message from spirit.

with love, blink

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #8 - Nov 17th, 2008 at 1:01pm

Blink I must disagree with you but I will bow to your suggestion and change the post to the exact original

Forum I am interested in your comments this is a brief account of a NDE What do you think about it

“Anthony” leaves his body and sees it lying in his bed. He is not aware the dead body in his bed is his.

He is not sure how he acquired these strange powers of flight and transparency. He arrives at a city and discovers he has lost his solidness. He flies back to the hospital and sees his lifeless body in the morgue and realizes he has died.

Suddenly, Jesus appears emitting a tremendous light and love. “The near death traveler’s entire life appears before him. Jesus asks, "What have you done with your life?" He realizes Jesus is not judging him, but he is judging himself.

Jesus gives him a tour of four different dimensions in the afterlife. They both fly toward a large city on Earth where they notice a group of assembly-line workers at work. He witnesses the spirit of a woman trying desperately to obtain a cigarette from the workers who are oblivious to her presence. This woman died severely addicted to cigarettes.

In a house, Jesus shows him the spirit of a boy following a living teenage girl and begging for forgiveness while the girl is completely unaware of the boy's presence. Jesus tells “Anthony” that the boy committed suicide and is "chained to every consequence of his act."

Jesus shows “Anthony” a bar filled with sailors who are heavily drinking. Spirits try desperately and in vain to get a drink or to control the sailors' alcoholic behavior. These spirits are from humans who die severely alcoholic. He is horrified as he observes a drunken sailor pass out and an alcoholic spirit jump into the body of the sailor.

Jesus takes him to a new dimension away from Earth and shows him a kind of "receiving station" where spirits would arrive in a deep hypnotic sleep because of their beliefs. These are spirits who believe they must sleep after death until Jesus returns.

Jesus shows him a dimension where angry spirits are locked in hand-to-hand combat, trying in vain to hurt each other. He hears verbal abuse going on. He observes some trying in vain to get sexual gratification from each other. He also sees spirits arguing over some religious or political point and trying to kill the ones who did not agree with them. Here, he realizes he is seeing hell. These are spirits who are locked into some earthly desire that went beyond the physical and which cannot be satisfied in the spirit.

He is then taken to a different dimension appearing like an enormous university. Here he observes people dressed as monks engaged in some form of artistic behavior or research. He is taken into an enormous library where all the important books of the universe are assembled. He asks Jesus if this is heaven. He replies that these are the people who grew beyond selfish desires while on Earth. “Anthony” realizes these people cannot see Jesus, just as the others could not see him in hell.

Jesus takes him into outer space toward a distant city made of brilliant light of a similar description to the city in the Book of Revelation. He speculates this is the place where people go who have become Christ-like while on Earth. Here, love was the dominant focus of life. He realizes he is seeing heaven, but he is not allowed to go in. Jesus then shows him the future of the Earth. He then returns to his physical body

This is not an account of my NDE but that of another

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Nov 17th, 2008 at 1:08pm

Is this in Anthony's (obviously not his real name) own words? I find people's actual words, with their own emotions showing through those actual words, much more authentic than a second hand tale.

I am not deliberately being rude, but I don't understand why this is not told in the first person, in someone's own words.

love, blink

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #10 - Nov 17th, 2008 at 1:56pm

Quote:
Is this in Anthony's (obviously not his real name) own words? I find people's actual words, with their own emotions showing through those actual words, much more authentic than a second hand tale.

I am not deliberately being rude, but I don't understand why this is not told in the first person, in someone's own words.

love, blink

It is exactly his own words verbatum and unaltered except for the name Anthony

Blink I have my reasons he wants to remain anonymous and I just can not see why it is so important to know his name.

I can tell, however that he is a fundamental Christian and I wanted to see if the forum identifies with his testimony of which this is a tiny minute part.

He does not identify with what we believe on the forum, and I assure it is not me

And this account was not written in the first person, but dictated to a writer.

It is an exact copy now except for his name which I will not devulge

Love

Alan

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Nov 17th, 2008 at 2:51pm

Okay, I feel better now. Smiley

Thanks, Alan. You are a good friend.

love, blink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.