Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
the devil makes me suffer because i love God (Read 2293 times)
juditha
Ex Member

the devil makes me suffer because i love God
Nov 14th, 2008 at 12:44pm

Hi Everytime i tell Satan i love God and i dont beleive in the devil, i go through it,last night i was looking at my picture of Jesus the sacred heart and i was telling Jesus how much i love him and God and the holy spirit and this really horrible voice came in and told me to forget about God.
Anyway i said to this voice as i knew it was coming from the Devil"Go away,i will never turn my back on God because i love him and i dont beleive in you only God.
I went to bed and i had this really lucid dream that i was in this large room and these two spirits stood in front of me and they were evil spirits and i feel that Satan was testing me again because of these spirits,i told them to go away and leave me alone but they just looked at me and grinned and they were following me everywhere i went,trying to get hold of me and i was actually sweating with fear,i tryed all i could to get away from these spirits but i couldn't,eventually i was laying in this hospital bed and there was this wire hanging over the curtain around my bed and then i heard footsteps,and i thought Oh God they have found me.
This thing stood in front of my bed and was covered in plastic and cardboard and then i was peeling this plastic and cardboard away from this figure,and it was my daughter Michelle and she said in a quiet way,"I love you mom and then i woke up.
I know this should probably be on the dream forum but everytime i say to the Devil i love God and not you,i go through a bad experience.

Love and God bless   love juditha  

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Re:  the devil makes me suffer because i love God
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 1:06pm

You may have a couple of immature and unfriendly spirits trying to mess with you Juditha, but does that mean that "Satan" has to be involved for the above to be the case? 

If it were me having the experiences and whether or not Satan exists as a real, individual entity, i would take Satan out of the equation, and focus just on God, Love, and Christ. 

What we focus on can influence us, for constructive or non constructive.  Meaning, when you think about Satan and focus on that concept in any way, you are giving power to that concept in a way.   But if try to focus only on God/Love/Christ, that will eventually fill up your consciousness, especially if you are trying hard to live a loving, Christ kind of life. 

This is also part of the reason of why i don't recommend "empty" meditation beyond an initial clearing out/quieting point.  It opens one too much to the influence of others.  It also why I don't recommend ACIM because it focuses way too much on ego and the problems of same--it can actually help to strengthen the latter because of that intense and repeated focus.

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #2 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 2:33pm

Juditha:

Why do you keep telling that mythical being satan that you love God and Christ? It seems like you get the whole thing going when you do this. It is very possible that the voices you heard were a creation of your own mind. Our minds can create all kinds of things.

Sometimes it can be quite odd when we open our minds to experiences beyond this physical World, because even if we make genuine spirit contact often, we can also make contact with what our own mind creates. I found this to be true for me. It's like we bring the astral into the physical World. We experience whatever our mind creates.

There is a very good chance that your higher self/spirit guidance created your dream in order to let you know that you don't need to be afraid of a boogieman named satan. That's why in the end an unfriendly being didn't get the best of you. That's why your dream ended with you finding a person that loves you. Not some being that is so confused he believes he can take on the infinity of God. Imagine a drop of water from an ocean believing it can take on the ocean from which it comes.  Such a drop would have to be seriously confused. The same would be true for a being like satan.

I've had a number of OBEs where I took on a negative minded spirit. I could tell that these experiences were created by my higher self/spirit guidance. They served the purpose of letting me know that I don't have to worry about an unfriendly spirit get the best of me. They never did so during these experiences.  During my last experience with an imaginary unfriendly being I became conscious enough to say: "Alright, I know this experience is being created by my guidance, so bring it to an end," and the experience came to an end.

I believe that your spirit friends are trying to let you know through this experience and other experiences you've shared that you don't have to be afraid of unfriendly spirits. Perhaps you should stop being stubborn about the matter.

You know what would be a good idea? Pray to God and Christ and ask them if satan exists.  If you reach out to them with love in your heart, as you're apt to do, there is a good chance they will respond to you. Perhaps their answer will surprise you.

P.S. A horrible sounding voice doesn't prove that satan exists, neither does a spirit that wears a halloween costume, and neither does the Bible. In fact, the Bible speaks of satan is so many contradictory and unbelievable ways, it doesn't support the concept.

IP Logged

JustineS

Reply #3 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 5:52pm

What is ACIM?

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #4 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 6:33pm

Justine:

Ouch, you had to ask. Wink The course is a 19th century course that claims to come from Christ.  Some people like me don't believe it does. People who believe in the course can seem like evangelists at times when it comes to the cource. "ACIM says..., ACIM says..." instead of what they've found out for themselves.

I've prayed a number of times and asked if the course comes from Christ, and was told "no" in various symbolic ways. The course has some nice things to say, but not all of them are accurate.  When I checked the course for a while I found that it had a brainwashing effect. Others have found the same. It can lead towards an indifferent view towards the troubles of this World, which is hardly what Christ is about. As Justin stated, it places way too much of an emphasis on the ego, as if the ego is a real thing. The course's way of speaking about the ego is similar to Sigmund Frued's "Id" (inner child) concept.  Not surprising, since the founders of the course, Helen Schuchman and William Thetford, were both psychologists.

One of the messages I received about the course was: "Drop it, it makes the ego bigger."  In truth there is no such thing as an ego. We can have a sense of self, but this isn't the same thing as the ego ACIM talks about.  Our bodies have a self-defense instinct.  We develop different types of thought patterns when we inhabit a body.  Some of them are based on our higher self, some are based on how much we allow our self-defense instinct to influence us.  As opposed to trying to overcome something referred to as an ego, we should instead strive to overcome our limiting thought patterns. When we place emphasis on ego, we create an imaginary adversary we have to contend with.

Here are some links which possibly explain what the origin of the course is about.

http://www.losangeleschronicle.com/articles/46708

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22a+course+in+miracles%22+%22mkultra%22

If you want to find out about the course, I suggest you pray to Christ and ask him if it comes from him. Some might say that we can rely on our own discrimination--the numerous belief systems this World includes shows how fallible human discrimination can be. Perhaps we should be humble at times, acknowledge that we can be wrong at times, and ask for divine help.  This is especially true when it comes to discriminating a course that claims to come from Christ.

Yes indeed, the course is very controversial. Would Christ take part in such a thing?

JustineS wrote on Nov 14th, 2008 at 5:52pm:
What is ACIM?

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 7:46pm

Upon thinking about your dream for a while, Juditha, I am of the opinion that you made great strides within this experience. What I notice is that you confronted this fear-being directly. You removed the 'mask' from it. You found real love beneath it.

I think it is extremely important that you were able to do this directly, even if some unpleasant emotions remained when you woke up.

I admire you for doing what you did. I don't believe you were alone in that hospital bed in your dream, not here, not ever.

You are so loved, blink

Quote:
Hi Everytime i tell Satan i love God and i dont beleive in the devil, i go through it,last night i was looking at my picture of Jesus the sacred heart and i was telling Jesus how much i love him and God and the holy spirit and this really horrible voice came in and told me to forget about God.
Anyway i said to this voice as i knew it was coming from the Devil"Go away,i will never turn my back on God because i love him and i dont beleive in you only God.
I went to bed and i had this really lucid dream that i was in this large room and these two spirits stood in front of me and they were evil spirits and i feel that Satan was testing me again because of these spirits,i told them to go away and leave me alone but they just looked at me and grinned and they were following me everywhere i went,trying to get hold of me and i was actually sweating with fear,i tryed all i could to get away from these spirits but i couldn't,eventually i was laying in this hospital bed and there was this wire hanging over the curtain around my bed and then i heard footsteps,and i thought Oh God they have found me.
This thing stood in front of my bed and was covered in plastic and cardboard and then i was peeling this plastic and cardboard away from this figure,and it was my daughter Michelle and she said in a quiet way,"I love you mom and then i woke up.
I know this should probably be on the dream forum but everytime i say to the Devil i love God and not you,i go through a bad experience.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #6 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 8:09pm

Blink's post led me to think of something.  Juditha's guidance probably provided her with this experience because they knew that she could succeed as Blink wrote.

Quote:
Upon thinking about your dream for a while, Juditha, I am of the opinion that you made great strides within this experience. What I notice is that you confronted this fear-being directly. You removed the 'mask' from it. You found real love beneath it.

I think it is extremely important that you were able to do this directly, even if some unpleasant emotions remained when you woke up.

I admire you for doing what you did. I don't believe you were alone in that hospital bed in your dream, not here, not ever.

You are so loved, blink

Quote:

« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2008 at 9:12pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

Clarity

Reply #7 - Nov 16th, 2008 at 11:34am

I agree with Justin.  If you are experienciing voices harassing you, send them/it Pure Unconditional Love and suggest it look to the light.  Darkness cannot persist in the Light.

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Nov 16th, 2008 at 3:55pm

Hi Thanks all of you for your replys,i love you all.

I went to St augustines church this morning and our priest is great, i didn't think a lot to him at first as we argued quite a lot on the subject that there is life after death as i felt he did not beleive it but i think i have set him thinking as he seems to get me to talk about it now and he said he respects the fact that i have a slightly different beleif, and i attend his church 3 times a week now,the people in this church are so loving and i really do feel a part of this and its great this feeling of belonging and when i have the holy communion all my sadness and fears seem to just melt away and i beleive that Jesus fills my soul with love and peace.

Our priest got on about violence in the world this morning and he said that he cannot say that hell exists because he does not know but he said that people who delibrately hurt others and and kill and feel no remorse means that we must go out of the church and spread as much love to others as we can ,no matter how small,these loving thoughts we give out to others in the world in our prayers and actions can help to make this world a better place to live in.

I told my priest the other day that even though he is scertical about whether life does go on after death,if i die before him,i will be waiting at a table in the spirit world with a glass of celestial wine to give him when he enters the spiritworld and my priest just smiled at me and said"Okay Judie,perhaps i will be surprised,who knows.

I do wonder though,why some people are so bad and ill treat animals and children and are so hateful to others and i think they cant possibly be anything to do with our loving God,if it wasnt for people like this ,the world would be how God wanted it,us to love one another.

Love and God bless   love juditha

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.