Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Houdini and His Failed Attempt(s) ... (Read 901 times)
Ronny

Houdini and His Failed Attempt(s) ...
Nov 12th, 2008 at 2:22pm

As I get more into this, I vaguely recall that Houdini, prior to his death, told his wife that after he died he would attempt to communicate with his then surviving wife. From recounts of that episode in his life, there was no apparent communication between the deceased Houdini and his wife. Have any of you attempted (or would try) to communicate with Houdini to find out what it was that he was to tell his wife? I know his wife has since died and cannot verify any possible communication that any of you have with Houdini with his wife, but I'm asking out of curiousity to know what it was that Houdini and his wife pre-arranged. This post is NOT a lark.

IP Logged

Arty Facts

Re: Houdini and His Failed Attempt(s) ...
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 3:40pm

The code word is "forgive".  There is some controversy over the matter because medium Arthur Ford was said to have brought it through from the spirit of Houdini's mother, but it was also, unbeknownst to him published in a newspaper before he brought it through.

I googled these key words and found a number of articles with background info on the matter:

arthur ford houdini mother forgive code word

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Houdini and His Failed Attempt(s) ...
Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 3:54pm

Houdini debunked many a false medium in his day.  Ford was a notorious fraud, who approached an ill Mrs. Houdini with the word forgive from a code she and Harry had invented.  Some year and a half previously, she had given an interview and stated in a book what their code was, and what message Harry longed to hear (forgive).  Ford was infamous for doing research on his subjects.  There were many reasons to view his message as being contrived, and not real.

M

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.