Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Was this "real" contact? (Read 1813 times)
Bardo

Was this "real" contact?
Nov 12th, 2008 at 1:16pm

Hi all,
To make a long story short (not really): I have been "inviting" my spirit family into my dreams since I started studying on this subject. Last week, I laid down to rest, and got it into my head that a man who had died very suddenly just last weekend in our neighborhood needed help.  I was in a different country, but got a strong sense that he was lost.  I thought what the heck, and tried the process of retrieval as laid down by Bruce here. I asked for my mom to come help him, because she has been on  my mind and she was a strong person. I "imagined" the whole process, and as she was leaving with the guy, I asked her if she would come back and talk when she was done.  This she did, and I imagined her in the place I knew her best. And what followed was a conversation that lasted nearly an hour and left me very reassured about her and my other family members. It brought me to tears, frankly, and she told me that this was the grieving that I had not been able to achieve since she had died.  We talked about family, and her favorite dog was with her (the others were out in the boat with my step dad at the time).  Whether or not this was "real" communication with my mom, it really did give me closure.   Amazing, but...the skeptic in me is still strong (although a bit less so now).

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Was this "real" contact?
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 3:42pm

Bardo:

To what degree did you experience the conversation?

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 7:24pm

I know that. On the one hand it's like imagining, but on the other hand it is happening so quickly, fluid, with odd unexpected things coming across.

In any case, I recommend you write it down in great detail as soon as possible. An experience of this type, of this length could change your life. When you later read it again, maybe together with other "mind journeys" of yours, it can happen that then the feeling of it's reality becomes indeniable strong.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Bardo

Reply #3 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 8:51pm

Recoverer,
I was conscious of my surroundings while this occurred.  I experienced it as if I was sitting on the couch across from my mom. It was not real in the sense that I was in that reality only. I was aware that I was in Trinidad, lying on my bed and experiencing this.  Having said that, the things that both she and I said were very interactive and iterative. There were a lot of questions and answers on both sides, some of them very surprising. What surprised me most was how quickly it started and how immediate my emotional reaction (not to mention how visceral). Spooky, I did write it all down in an email to my sister as soon as I came out of it. On a humorous side note, I brought myself out of it because my mom was impatient to get going, as she had a lunch date with an old friend of hers that she was late for. Typical of mom.
Another quick event: Tonight, my 8 y/o son tells me at dinner that while I was away on my trip for four months, he had a dream where he had been injured in a ball game (by his sister of course) and woke up in a hospital bed with two of my parents dogs lying on top of him (one is dead now and the other still lives).  Also in the room were what he described as the whole family, both living and dead (including my parents) and others who had passed.  I would have thought this a nice dream of comfort except for one fact: He said that he had had this dream at least five times in the last month. This would put it just after his grandfather died. What do you make of that?

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #4 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 9:28pm

Bardo:

It is definitely possible to experience non-physical events while maintaining awareness of the physical World. In fact, a lot of spirit contact experiences happen in such a way. In a way it is a good thing when an experience takes place in such a way, because it shows that you were fully conscious when you experienced what you experienced.

Regarding whether the experience was factual or a creation of your mind, you're the best judge.

When it comes to spiritual experiences, I found that there is the knowledge factor, and the experience factor. By knowledge factor I mean that there is a way of experiencing where it is very clear that what you are experiencing is a fact, rather than being the result of what your mind has created, or a symbolic representation of what your higher self/ spirit guidance has created for your benefit. The knowledge factor is very clear, because it involves a way of understanding that is deeper and much more certain that intellectual verification.

For me the knowledge factor doesn't happen often, partly because it isn't necessary. It isn't always necessary, because I've come to understand that what I experience doesn't tend to be the result of a hallucination my mind created. Either I experience a factual event, or I experience a symbolic representation that has been created for my benefit.

Except for experiences that include the knowledge factor, I've found that it can take time before it becomes certain that what we experience non-physically is just as valid as what we experience physically. No matter how obvious an experience might be, the part of our mind that clings to the physical reality viewpoint can be really stubborn. In my case I kept notes of my experiences and scrutinized them in every way possible, in order to become absolutely certain that I wasn't simply experiencing what my mind created.

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #5 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:07pm

The dream of your son is something for him to keep I find. I for my part believe it's more than just a comforting imagination. Often people, and especially at child's age, have a special bond to one of their grandparents, and when this one dies, it may be that this one is sending messages which can more easily be perceived by the child than messages from any other nonphysical person.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.