Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I am here....please help me understand... (Read 1364 times)
GOLDEN-AUR

u.k
I am here....please help me understand...
Nov 12th, 2008 at 3:50am

I am so confused, as to what I believe. I only found this forum the other day, and havn't been able to get off....
something has happened in my life, that is truly one of those things that needs the statement "if there was a God, he wouldn't have let this happen in the first place",to be said.
 before this horrible thing happened, I didn't really have a religious view of anything, I was so caught up in believeing the science of life, that religions were just fairy tales.
 But when "God" decided it was my daughters turn to move on from here, I started thinking.  how can this be happening? where will she go? because that can't be it for her.....? If it is....Then what's the point of anything?
 And it was these questions that brought me here.
So if anyone can help, I hope that I'm in the right place.

thanks

Smiley

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."&&&&   A quote by the great Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Arty Facts

Re: I am here....please help me understand...
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 6:53am

Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear that  you are suffering so deeply. But I want to tell you that there is a God and an afterlife, and the spirit of your daughter lives on and you may be reunited with her in the future. I realize there is nothing I can say that will change the fact thay your daughter is no longer present but there are a few things that may help you understand why life can be so hard.

We come into this life in order to learn and develop and nothing that happens here can change the fact that we are all immortal spirits.

I believe in God, but I also believe that the idea that God will protect us from the difficulties of life is a myth invented by religious leaders who wanted to control people. They would say "Do what I say and God will take care of you and if you don't, something bad will happen"

It is very hard to understand why God would allow us to suffer but when we return to the spirit world we see things from a different perspective and understand better.

It might help to consider the person that you were when you were half your present age and compare that to the person you are today.

Now consider the fact that you will continue to live on as a spirit throughout eternity after this earth life is over.

Would you prefer to go through eternity as the person you were at half your age or the person you are now?

Most people would prefer to be the person they are now rather than what they were so long ago. But what made us the way we are now? Do we develop our good qualities from getting everything we want and having an easy life? No. That would make us selfish, spoiled, and shallow. It is the difficulties we overcome and the things we learn from those difficulties that make us what we are and provides us with qualities that we will value throughout our future eternity. The greatest souls develop by overcoming the greatest difficulties.

Does this make it easier when everything is going wrong? Not really.  Well, maybe just a little.  I'd rather face the difficulties in life knowing that there is some silver lining somewhere even if those benefits are not presently apparent because it gives some purpose to life and seems to make sense out of an existence which can seem so senseless at times.

I have posted some information on the evidence for the afterlife in another post and you may find it helpful:

http://afterlife-knowledge.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1226472423/0

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 9:44am

Hi GOLDEN-AUR,

I'm sorry for your loss.

Sometimes it is possible to obtain direct contact, as Bruce Moen teaches on this site. His materials may be helpful to you, so that you can learn to recognize messages from spirit. Your own personal experience will be most meaningful to you.

Sometimes the stories shared by others are encouraging. They also can help you to notice occurrences, and perceptions, which you may not have thought probable, or possible.

Take your time, and welcome.      love, blink

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #3 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 10:43am

Hi and welcome to the board.  I too am so sorry to hear you've lost your daughter.  I can't imagine what you're going through.  We just never expect or plan for a tragedy to happen and then when it does, we sort of backtrack in our minds and hearts and try to figure out what went wrong and what we could have done to prevent it.  I do believe there's a plan and reason for everything that happens, even if we aren't consenting and understanding of it.  But there is a bigger picture out there.  I'm glad you're doing some searching to come to terms with things and to discover more about life, death, and what's really out there.  This is a great site with lots of information and a lot of loving, caring folks who can give comfort, insight, experience, and knowledge to help with your journey.

Love,
Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #4 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 3:52pm

Hello Golden Aur:

Sorry for your loss. I don't believe it can be generalized why somebody loses a child, but some people have found that such a thing happens because in the long run it spiritually benefits the parent or parents that lose a child. It might get them involved on a spiritual trek they otherwise would not had become involved with.

Some people such as myself have had experiences where we became certain that the afterlife exists. In one key experience I found myself in a higher realm that had an absolutely wonderful level of happiness, and the problems of the World were completely gone. This doesn't mean that our troubles aren't real while we experience them, but eventually we reach a state of being where we are completely happy for all of eternity. There will be no shortage of love.

Regarding Religions, it would probably be better to find your own way rather than rely on what formalized religions have come up with. Growing in love is much more important than taking on a bunch of beliefs created by others.  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.