Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Evidence for the Afterlife (Read 2503 times)
Arty Facts

Evidence for the Afterlife
Nov 12th, 2008 at 2:47am

Adapted from: http://www.geocities.com/chs4o8pt/summary_of_evidence.html
Quote:
This chapter outlines the different types of evidence for the afterlife and has links to web based sources of information including links to free e-book versions of important studies on the afterlife. If you look into those linked sources of information you will be able to see the rigor and substantiveness of the evidence for the afterlife.

Some of the best evidence for the afterlife is:

• People on their death beds see spirits who come to help them make the transition. Other people attending the dying also see the same spirits at the same time.
  • Near the time of their death the spirits of the dead have appeared to friends or relatives at distant locations where more than one person present at the location sees the spirit.  
  • Mediums can receive communications from spirits even when the person getting the reading is not present in the room with the medium. In these cases, the medium may not know who the sitter is and cannot get any type of feedback from the sitter yet the medium can bring through specialized knowledge known by the spirit.
  • When people are unconscious and near death, they sometimes experience leaving their body and when revived, bring back information that they could not have obtained with their normal senses and that information is later verified as correct.  
  • Children have been studied who remember past lives. They can speak languages they have never heard. They remember geography, faces, and names of people in locations they have never been to. They have birthmarks on their body where they had sustained injuries in the previous life. An investigator interviews everyone involved, the children, the current families, surviving members of the families from the previous life and everything checks out.

Other individual cases include:
  • The spirit of a grand master chess player plays through a medium at the grand master level in a style characteristic of the time of his life on earth.
  • A scholar of Asian languages speaks in an ancient Chinese dialect with a spirit who successfully explains an ancient Chinese poem that modern scholars did not understand.
  • Spirits of crew members of a crashed dirigible, R-101, "provided technical details about its design and construction, recollections of test flights, discussions of political pressures and unrealistic deadlines that plagued the project, and a description of the crash itself and its causes" † and "the personalities of the dead airmen also came through in recognizable detail" †.

I can tell you the evidence for the afterlife is overwhelming and it is extraordinary. It supports the conclusion that the afterlife is real, it has withstood the test of time and the collection of new data. However, I can't make you read about it. You have to do that yourself....

• http://www.geocities.com/chs4o8pt/summary_of_evidence.html

If you are skeptical about this evidence after reading these sources you might also be interested in these pages:

Skeptical Fallacies (common mistakes skeptics make when "debunking" evidence for the afterlife)
    http://www.geocities.com/chs4o8pt/skeptical_fallacies.html

Skeptical Misdirection  (why you should be skeptical of what the media skeptics say)
    http://www.geocities.com/chs4o8pt/skeptical_misdirection.html
    « Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2008 at 3:59am by Arty Facts »  

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Evidence for the Afterlife
    Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 3:56pm

Hello Arty Facts:

Thank you for taking the time to post these links.

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 7:47pm

That sounds like an interesting collection of resources! Thanks!

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
    Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 3:01pm

Arty Facts wrote on Nov 12th, 2008 at 2:47am:
  • Children have been studied who remember past lives. They can speak languages they have never heard. They remember geography, faces, and names of people in locations they have never been to. They have birthmarks on their body where they had sustained injuries in the previous life. An investigator interviews everyone involved, the children, the current families, surviving members of the families from the previous life and everything checks out.

•   The part that is bolded and italicized is one facet of this research which to my mind, Don/Beserk has never adequately debunked or explained away. 

I mean in many cases, there are many of the above factors PLUS the birth mark factor.   Seems a stretch to say it was just bad, non scientific research on his, or other peoples part.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
    Reply #4 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 3:44pm

Arty facts

I am a near deather so welcome from me and I will check out the many links

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
    WWW <a href= <a href=  
    IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
    Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.