Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Who was this man? (Read 9079 times)
hawkeye

Afterlife Knowledge Member

canada
Re: Who was this man?
Reply #30 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 3:06pm

But Alan, I am awake and I do smell the coffee. I just not drinking out of your cup. Jesus was a very special man.Very special. The lessons attributed to him have changed the world for the better. I don't deny that. But I don't see him as more than say, Buddha or Krishna, or Mohammad.(to name only three) It may be time for you to take off your rose colored sun glasses, Alan. Just because I don't agree with all that is written here, and have my own mind and beliefs. That doesn't mean they are negative. They just are not the same as yours. A great example would be your posting of the pictures of dead Jews from the death camps. Very nice Alan. What do you call that? Positive? You have no right to judge me.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #31 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 3:40pm

Hawkeye Dear man!!

I don’t judge you or anyone else, I can just judge your statements and they are not a reflection of your total being.

There is only one absolute truth and all coffee comes from the coffee bean,

But your statements in the last post has elevated Jesus up to the to that of the great masters and we now concur on this one point of dispute

Don’t take me too seriously I am very mortal silly and fallible at times

And I am very sorry and regret my rhetoric but I am a very volatile man and have to constantly keep myself in check.

I can feel that I hurt you and I am deeply sorry

You are a very nice caring loving person, I know this from afar due to my considerable psychic abilities, ask anyone on the forum who has got to know me how I have proved this too them.

You are a seeker of knowledge with an insatiable curiosity that might have got you into a little trouble at times. Indeed your thinking sometimes goes where angels fear to tread

Am I correct?

Take Care your friend

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #32 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 3:55pm

Hawkeye:

First of all, I really like you. I believe that you are a positive person who cares about this World. I believe you are here to make the World a better place. I didn't write what I wrote because I have a problem with you. It was more a matter of considering you a friend, and me and my friends aren't afraid to point things out to each other. If you read the post you wrote before my post, it does reflect a little confusion on your part. Because you're unhappy with fundamentalism, you made the comment that you don't need Jesus. I believe there are a lot of spirit guides in the spirit World and you may very well be in contact with a guide other than Jesus. There is certainly nothing wrong with that. However, when it comes to any light being, I don't believe it is good to speak as if that light being doesn't matter. I believe that all light beings are worthy of love, respect and reverence. They are here for us, why can't we be here for them?

I was mainly responding to the below comment you made. I believe you wrote it out of anger, rather than according to how you feel about light beings. I figure you have a lot of love and respect for light beings. Certainly there is no need to speak of Jesus as being unimportant in order to make a point.

Hawkeye said: "I don't need a Jesus to have God in my life."

hawkeye wrote on Nov 13th, 2008 at 2:29pm:
Well Recoverer, Your belief that you know more than I as you have found Jesus is the product of what? Ego perhaps? You tell me. To say your beliefs are truth and others not... ego? Or is it fear? Fear of rotting in a hell like what the church speaks of. I am not here denying your truths. If you believe that Jesus is above all others,  that's just fine. But the rest of the world doesn't need to believe the same as you to have the "truth".  I am not saying Jesus is less than any other. I am just not agreeing with you that he is any closer to God than the others. Just attempting to have you open your eyes to more than just one fixed overview. No one can grow with a closed mind. I am very happy for you that you have found your Saviour. I have found my Creator. By the way, why must you attack my intellect? That's a personal attack on me. And as for your post...perhaps a reread about tolerance would be in order.    
Alan, I will post as I wish thank you. I don't need to think the same as you to be able to make a post here. Nor do I have to agree with what I see as ideological nonsense. You can post your beliefs to the ends of the universe and I will back you up in your right to do so. That sure doesn't mean that I believe them as truth, or the way to know God.
Perhaps the praising of "God" or whomever you believe to be your Creator, would be a good start for some here.

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #33 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 4:01pm

Seeking knowledge and coureosity has been the downfall of countless souls. Mine included. I can not count the number of times I have been wrong about belief. From cults to religious doctrine I have looked for answers to many questions. Yet now, right before my eyes, many more have been answered. I apologise for my intolerance's. I am, and remain one, with my Creator. Thank you Alan.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #34 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 4:05pm

Hawkeye,

Yes are we not all a work in progress reaching ever closer to the truth?

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #35 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 4:33pm

We are Alan. And to each their own truths.
Thank you Recoverer. I love Jesus as I love the All of you. My concern is as you say, with fundamentalism. Not just with Catholic religions, but with all beliefs. That would also include the New Age beliefs. I personally believe that being more fluid in your beliefs is important. To be open to the possibility of all religions and beliefs. To be stuck in one belief system could cause you to become stuck in one belief system. Being open to change will allow your movement and progression. If you believe in only what Bruce says, then for me that is no differant than only believing what the bible says, or the Koran, or ACAM, or... or . All of the great books and religion have important lessons. A smidgen from this one and a spattering from that one. Add a dash of that, stir in a whole lot of love and you will have a great result.
Joe

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #36 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 4:37pm

Smiley

hawkeye wrote on Nov 13th, 2008 at 4:33pm:
We are Alan. And to each their own truths.
Thank you Recoverer. I love Jesus as I love the All of you. My concern is as you say, with fundamentalism. Not just with Catholic religions, but with all beliefs. That would also include the New Age beliefs. I personally believe that being more fluid in your beliefs is important. To be open to the possibility of all religions and beliefs. To be stuck in one belief system could cause you to become stuck in one belief system. Being open to change will allow your movement and progression. If you believe in only what Bruce says, then for me that is no differant than only believing what the bible says, or the Koran, or ACAM, or... or . All of the great books and religion have important lessons. A smidgen from this one and a spattering from that one. Add a dash of that, stir in a whole lot of love and you will have a great result.
Joe

« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:53pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.