Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Who was this man? (Read 9071 times)
hawkeye

Afterlife Knowledge Member

canada
Re: Who was this man?
Reply #15 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 6:24pm

Was it Bob, Fred, Pete? Hmm. The only person who I see as getting the question was Devayan. Who did all these things? Just a man.

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 6:42pm

good point, Hawk....

but is anyone 'just' a man?

'just' a woman?

we are all ordinary until we do something extraordinary

like becoming human.

it is the sort of question that makes me wonder, what does it mean to be human?

is there such a thing as being 'just' alive? maybe.

but maybe being human is something else.

is it conceit which makes this distinction?

or something else? now you have made me question my entire existence.

uhmmm, thanks for that.....someone had to do it.

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #17 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 6:50pm

Was this Jesus better than Buddha, or Krishna, or any of the other number of men who saw themselves as one with God. In fact didn't Jim Jones think he was connected with God. Or Son of Sam. Why he said he spoke to God. There was a lady who drowned her two kids in a tub a few years back. She spoke to God, or so she said. I don't believe it was anything to do with the man (Jesus) at all. Its all about the spirit and the love of God. People saying they spoke to God are as numerious as the stars. The Bible is just one of many story books.  It has nothing to do with God. Its no better, nor worse than the Koran, or any of the other books. And the thought that only Jesus is "the central figure" or that "only he has effected man the most" is just not correct. That, in my opinion is Christian Fundamentalist crap. He, is only one of many. Believe in anything you need to. If that is Jesus and a Christian doctrine, then that's great. But there is more than just Christianity. Much more. Open your heart to the possability of more and you might just find God closer to you than ever before..I don't need a Jesus to have God in my life.
Joe
Blink, Let me tell you, God is a woman in my house. Wink        

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #18 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 7:43pm

Hawkeye:

Just because you don't like one extreme this doesn't mean you need to select another extreme. Both extremes don't understand who Jesus is. Associating Jesus with Jim Jones is a bit much.

Try to say hello to Jesus, and see what you find out. Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2008 at 8:45pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #19 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 8:31pm

I am not sure I understand what you mean Recoverer..Jim Jones has just as much right to be associated with Jesus as anyone. As does anyone else. Should you or I sit in judgement of him? Think of the many who have associated themselves with Jesus and with God and have really been all about evil. Jim Jone may well be among the evil ones. But I am not the one to judge him. He will do that himself. Nor will Jesus or God. But was he any more evil than the mothers that helped kill their own babies at his command? They may have believed they were doing so for God. Isn't saying that Jesus was the only saviour, and the only way to God, extremest also? My point was that these people said that they spoke with God. Just like Jesus said that he spoke with God. Or Moses said he spoke with God. What makes some words truth and the other false? Alan posts that "he is the central figure of the human race" and that no one else has " affected the life of man on this earth as much as that One Solitary Life". I disagree. Is Mohammed less than Jesus? Is Buddha? Krishna?  I don't think so. Its only my opinion. These people made just as much impact as Jesus upon the people of the earth. Do you believe that Jesus would say he was "more" than any of them?

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #20 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 9:14pm

Hawkeye:

It is quite clear that Jim Jones was a cult leader who in the end had a bunch of people commit suicide.

Regarding Jesus, as I've stated in the past, I've had experiences which showed that he is a being who plays a key role in divine afairs, and he wasn't just another cult leader pretending to be something he wasn't. Perhaps you should find this out for yourself in a manner that goes beyond your intellect and its biased limitations, before you make such bold and unknowing statements about Jesus. It's one thing to have an opinion, and quite another thing to have spiritual experiences with the spirit of Christ.

It's a fact of life that many cult leaders have and continue to exist. To not acknowledge this is to stick one's head in the sand with the thought that one is being more tolerant than usual.  Being loving doesn't mean that you can't allow yourself to see when somebody is doing something negative. If you don't allow yourself to see that they are doing so, how can you get to the point where you try to help them? What if such a person asks you some day why you didn't try to help he or she when he or she got lost for a while. Would you tell this person that you didn't want to be judgmental?

I don't believe in the you better believe or else approach, but a day will come for each of us where we will realize that Jesus was a special man and is a wonderful light being today. It is one thing to claim that one has reached a certain level of development, and quite another thing to do so. Many have done the former, few have done the later.

If one reaches the state Jesus reached, one doesn't do so simply for one's self. One does so because one loves this World and the light so much, one lets go self serving entanglements that people don't tend to let go of while in this World.  

The more I've opened up to that which is divine, the more I've wanted to become a part of what Jesus is about, rather than find a way to dissociate myself from him.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #21 - Nov 11th, 2008 at 6:08am

I exclude Blink, Recoverer and Judithia from the comment below, their Reponses are always sensible

GOOD GRIEF OH!! Man!! The frustration in have to read such silly comments and comparisons to this Divine Altruist person.

Are some of you unable to read? As for me I will not respond to abject nonsense

It hurts my eyes; Blink and Recoverer make sensible comments

Peace will not come until the Prince of Peace rules

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #22 - Nov 11th, 2008 at 8:04am

IF YOU COULD SEE WHERE I HAVE GONE
If you could see where I have gone, the beauty of this
place
And how if feels to know that you are home to see the
Savior's face.
To wake in peace and know no fear, just joy beyond compare,
While still on earth you miss me yet, you wouldn't want
me there
If you could see where I have gone.

If you could see where I have gone, had made the trip with
me,
You'd know I didn't go alone, the Savior came with
me,
When I awoke, He was by my side, and reached down His hand.
Said, "Hurry, you're going home to a grand and
glorious land."
Don't worry over those you love, for I'm not just
with you,
And don't you know with you at home, they'll long
to be here, too?"

If you could see where I have gone, and see what I've
been shown.
You'd never know another fear, or ever feel alone.
You'd marvel at the care of God, his hand of every
life,
And realize He really cares, and bears with us each strife,
And that he weeps when one is lost, his heart is filled
with pain.
But Oh! the joy! when one comes home, a child at home
again.

If you could see where I have gone, could stay awhile with
me
Could share the things that God has made to grace eternity.
But, no you couldn't ever leave, once heaven's joy
you'd known,
You couldn't bear to walk earth's paths once heaven
was your home.
If you could see where I have gone.

If you could see where I have gone, you'd know
we'll meet someday.
And though I'm parted from you now, I am just away.
And now that I'm home with Him, secure in every way,
I'm waiting here at heaven's door to greet you some
sweet day.

(Author Unknown)

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #23 - Nov 11th, 2008 at 8:13am

Hawkeye,

Yes I can sit in judgment of a depraved egotistical madman like Jim Jones. He was directly responsible and by proxy murdered nearly a thousand innocent souls.

To equate this egotistical beast with a beautiful soul like Jesus makes me sick on the stomach.

It is an insult to any thinking person, so think again before posting.......?

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Nov 11th, 2008 at 9:12am

Alan, why the urgency? Each of us has all the time in the world, why worry?

It's funny, but if I was 'out' there in the 'astral' (I don't know these terms), and if I was wondering where to find the one who was known as Jesus here on earth, I think I'd hear your shout all the way to the next universe.

Love on 'ya.      blink

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #25 - Nov 11th, 2008 at 11:23am

Hi Blink,

Quote:
Alan, why the urgency? Each of us has all the time in the world, why worry?

It's funny, but if I was 'out' there in the 'astral' (I don't know these terms), and if I was wondering where to find the one who was known as Jesus here on earth, I think I'd hear your shout all the way to the next universe.

Yea dear Blink that one would be

little me

Love

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 1:52pm

devayan wrote on Nov 7th, 2008 at 8:38pm:
Quote:
 Hi Alan,

I have a lot of respect and love for the guy you are now talking about, but I agree with R that it's perhap limiting to put him on such a pedestal.  I say that knowing that sometimes I do that too much myself.  

He was/is an interesting, and yes in many ways unique incarnation, but not special or above us.  

I happen to believe that his "I-there", "Over soul", "Disk", "Monad", or whatever you call it, happens to be the Creator of this Universe...but we too will eventually become Co-Creators of other Universes (and perhaps parts of us are already involved in that... )

There are plenty others already.  What's unique about Christ was the speed in which he remerged with God, the steadfastness in his various physical lives and other experiences, and the particular sacrifices he has made for Earth, and the first to separate and return (some never separated to begin with)...

I guess what I"m saying is that ultimately all are equal within God, and all have the same potential as Christ.

But i do believe I understand where you are coming from..  The sentiment is echoed in two very Universal sources that I particularly like, the Cayce readings and Rosiland McKnight's work with Bob Monroe and her guidance.  

Both sources seem to say that Christ, as and through the personality Yeshua, was the fastest vibratory, and most purely love filled person to ever walk this Earth (at least during these collectively slower vibrating cycles).  Both place a lot of emphasis on him as being a "leader", main director of spiritual growth, or Master amongst Masters...and if His Disc is the actual Co Creator of this Universe, then yes it makes sense for He knows every Soul within His Creation extremely intimately, for they are OF Him.  

And yet we have the same potential, and can be what He is now.  

To me Jesus is just one of many illuminated masters/mistresses (lets not forget the feminine here) who have trod this Earth over untold millenia If you listen carefully their message is the same.Unfortunately the early christian religion was hijacked and turned into a political system of power,suppression and brutality,lets not forget the horrors of the inquisition.His true message was distorted beyond belief.Christ must have been talking about the Divine Spark that inhabits all humans.That spark has no need of human style personality.I guess Jesus was trying to help his small band of followers to realize they were much more than their ego everyday self.IT would have been a hard job given the cultural paradigm of the day.Particularly the jealous possesive god of the Jews.When christians in their thousands as do all other religions pray fervently to "God" they are sadly unwittingly separating themselves from the divine over and over.Put "god" outside of yourself and then pray to him/her.There is no "gaseous vertebrate" that will answer and pat you on the back for being "a good boy".You may get a response from more enlightened beings who have moved on from this plane but it won't be "god".You are That.
Love Devayan.

Hi Devayan,

I'm a bit confused after reading your post, as to why you quoted mine?   

Either way, i would like to speak to some things you said.  I grew up being very interested in Eastern beliefs, and later on also in the general "New Age" hodge podge of beliefs. 

Many sources within both believe and claim that Yeshua was just another Master and that there are and have been many of them.  I believed that Buddha was completely enlightened, etc. etc.  I believed all this for many years myself, and to some extent it is true, but for myself, I have discovered that the "truth" encompasses more than just that.   

I started studying a very interesting, rather universal (especially for its times) and very deep source of info, and it gave a very rich and multi-dimensional view of this character Yeshua.   It seemed to place him in a somewhat unique role, as compared to the many teachers who have come here to try to help humanity. 

I started to drop more and more outer belief systems, and started to go within more and more, and the more I did that, the more I realized that this particular source rang of truth and accuracy in this respect.  And there is other outside stuff independent of it, to back it up, like the Shroud of Turin for example.   There haven't been any other like it found.  It is in my belief a snap shot in space time of the full conversion of the body physical matter back into pure Light state. 

The more intune i got, and the more within i went, the more I realized exactly who and what this person was all about.   Also at the same time, my intuition and discrimination started to become more acute, and I realized that many teachers out there, who others labeled as completely enlightened, weren't actually.   Some were darn close, and others not so, and quite a few modern ones were downright quite far from same. 

Out of all the public and generally known teachers out there that I've tuned into, there is only one so far born of a woman, that I would say was completely and fully enlightened.

That doesn't mean that other beliefs, teachings, and teachers don't have merit, or things of worth to offer.  Course they do, and any that both preach and practice love and Oneness in action are helpful.  What is the best belief system?  The one that helps you get closest to Source and living in a loving and Sourcelike way.

Also, I believe the potential of complete/full enlightenment is there for any and everyone, and notice I italicized "public".  My sense is that there are and have been others out there since Yeshua who have achieved the same, but they are much less known to the world and for whatever reason they keep on the down low, performing their good works as what some might call "immortals".  They do not age or die, because they have transcended the illusion of physicality. 

I also believe there are whole "races" of certain E.T. groups who operate within that same degree of development. 

These all are the full, and fully conscious, Co-Creators with Source.  We too will get there.   

But I guess my point is that, just because many people say that this or that teacher was fully enlightened, doesn't make it true.  There are degrees of awareness, and especially livingness of Sourceness, and there is also the Zenith within same.   Many public teachers talk a good talk, and are perceptive about various things, but did or do they put into practice the degree that Yeshua did and does? 

Isn't it alright if my answer/opinion is different than yours? 

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #27 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 2:29pm

Well Recoverer, Your belief that you know more than I as you have found Jesus is the product of what? Ego perhaps? You tell me. To say your beliefs are truth and others not... ego? Or is it fear? Fear of rotting in a hell like what the church speaks of. I am not here denying your truths. If you believe that Jesus is above all others,  that's just fine. But the rest of the world doesn't need to believe the same as you to have the "truth".  I am not saying Jesus is less than any other. I am just not agreeing with you that he is any closer to God than the others. Just attempting to have you open your eyes to more than just one fixed overview. No one can grow with a closed mind. I am very happy for you that you have found your Saviour. I have found my Creator. By the way, why must you attack my intellect? That's a personal attack on me. And as for your post...perhaps a reread about tolerance would be in order.    
Alan, I will post as I wish thank you. I don't need to think the same as you to be able to make a post here. Nor do I have to agree with what I see as ideological nonsense. You can post your beliefs to the ends of the universe and I will back you up in your right to do so. That sure doesn't mean that I believe them as truth, or the way to know God.
Perhaps the praising of "God" or whomever you believe to be your Creator, would be a good start for some here.

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 2:40pm

Btw, I'm speaking materially and of teachers who have incarnated in the physical world. 

Outside of the physical, i believe and sense there are many, many, many "Masters".    

But it seems to be rather difficult to fully realize while still actually in the physical world, and a rare person indeed who has done this to date. 

Yet to contradict myself a bit, i believe that have been periods in the long history of humanity, wherein MANY people at the same time were at that state.   But these periods have been rare in the grand scheme of things as well.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #29 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 2:45pm

Hawkey

Quote:
But the rest of the world doesn't need to believe the same as you to have the "truth".  

Who is this rest of the world? Hundus ,Moslems, New Agers, Christians, esoterics, ACIM, you name them, think and single out Jesus as a very special unique soul, even divine.

They possibly make up 80% of humanity

But all to all- knowing you he is just a Tom, Harry, Dick or you!

Be real man, wake up and smell the coffee and join in the forum instead of constantly posting negativity

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.