Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Satan and his angels (Read 5953 times)
george stone

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Satan and his angels
Oct 30th, 2008 at 4:26pm

A long time ago God gave satan the earth and all the planets to look after,this was when satan was with god at the time.all the plantets were closer to the sun at this time,and they all had life on them.but than satan rebeled aganist god.he wanted to be higher than god.God than there was war in heaven and satan was defeated.than there was a void.all the plantets were moved back to where they are now.than God had a plan to create a new earth.we all know the rest of the story.

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Re: Satan and his angels
Reply #1 - Oct 30th, 2008 at 4:48pm

Is GOD an acronym for some other name or meening? Where did this name come from? (Or any of the names that attempt to in-vision an identity for the creator.) Why not Bob or Fred or Amanda for that matter
I don't remember reading about this part when I read the Bible. Mind you that was some years ago and all those  he bigotted
(begot.. spelling? what ever it is) she and she , he, he then had she.. yada yada yada. sort of drifted me off..

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 30th, 2008 at 6:39pm

Hi george I beleive that God will put things right and this medium told me that the world will never end because we keep evolving all the time and will go on doing this.

Love and God bless    love juditha

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #3 - Oct 30th, 2008 at 6:42pm

Satan is just a concept. Even the Bible doesn't support the concept when you see the history behind the name and the various contradictory and sometimes completely unreasonable ways it has been used.

Anybody who has experienced a higher realm would understand that beings who abide in such a realm aren't about to fall and become demons. No way!

If you make contact with spirit guidance and find that you can trust this guidance, they'll let you know that there is no such thing as a being named satan.

Regarding that old saying that satan's greatest strategy is getting people to believe he doesn't exist, this way of thinking "wasn't" started by a person who made contact with the spirit World and found out how things are. It was started by a fearmongering fundamentalist.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #4 - Oct 30th, 2008 at 7:07pm

My understanding is that past humans, in their limited understanding of the nature of reality beyond the physical, originally thought God was responsible for all things. 

However, more than being praised for the good things in the world, God was being blamed for all of the negative things as well. 

Therefore Satan was created as a balance, allowing humans to dump all responsibility for the world's negativity upon this imaginary being. 

Of course, it seems God in this context is just as imaginary as Satan, just the opposite side of the coin- a being responsible for all good in the world. 

In reality, we are the responsible ones- not some larger than life character.  But we've been over this before...

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 31st, 2008 at 2:00pm

When I think of "Satan", I think of collective negativity which has been very prominent in this world and has built up and up, and which has taken on a lifeless life of its own in a sense (as kind of a dark cloud which hangs over humanity), and thus which has it's potential influence if allowed to do so.   Others may call it the world, the flesh, the temptations of the world..

Then, the personal Satan of the individual, which sometimes pulls in or is pulled in by the collective influence.  The personal Satan is what some call ego, or unregenerated, rebellious, dark parts of ourselves, which has concentrated and built up within ourselves throughout our experiences with the physical etc. 

Astrologically, the latter is most connected to Saturn (notice it's similarity with "Satan"), and the former is most connected to Pluto.   When both become prominent in a person's life at the same time--especially through tension oriented aspects; mighty are the tests and the tensions within self.   The veritable 40 days in the desert type of experience.  Just a call to greater spiritual strength and will.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #6 - Oct 31st, 2008 at 2:32pm

Related to what Justin wrote, I believe there are different energy levels, and some levels are quite dark, and if one creates in such a way, one might connect to such a level.
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2008 at 7:01pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #7 - Oct 31st, 2008 at 7:09pm

Going by what I understand,  people during Biblical times believed that God was responsible when things went well and when things went bad.  Since some of these people believed they were God's "chosen" people, they wondered why things went so bad for them at times.  In order to placate them, some of their leaders stated that a supernatural adversary was responsible for their woes, not God. During later translations adversary got changed to satan.

Was this a coincidence? After I finished writing the above, I wasn't certain if I was spelling one of the words correctly, grabbed my dictionary, and it opened to a page that said scapegoat at the top. Perhaps the word scapegoat should be used rather than the names satan and devil.

I Am Dude wrote on Oct 30th, 2008 at 7:07pm:
My understanding is that past humans, in their limited understanding of the nature of reality beyond the physical, originally thought God was responsible for all things.  

However, more than being praised for the good things in the world, God was being blamed for all of the negative things as well.  

Therefore Satan was created as a balance, allowing humans to dump all responsibility for the world's negativity upon this imaginary being.  

Of course, it seems God in this context is just as imaginary as Satan, just the opposite side of the coin- a being responsible for all good in the world.  

In reality, we are the responsible ones- not some larger than life character.  But we've been over this before...

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #8 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 4:39am

I also immediately thought of the word scapegoat as I was writing my last post... It's exactly what Satan is.. and maybe, to some people, what God is as well.. I don't think everyone would be able to handle the fact that they themselves were responsible for every aspect of their life and not a 'higher being who dictates everything.'  It's a convenient belief anyway, especially when the chips are down.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 4:09pm

Hi My priest i see every week told me that the more we suffer,the closer we are to God,because we need God more when thimgs go wrong,if everything went right all the time then we would not need God,so i dont mind suffering now as i'm close to God,i love God so much.

Love and God bless     love juditha

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 9:40pm

Who is Satan. I don't know him, George.

love, blink

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #11 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 1:48am

I actually believe the exact opposite, Juditha.  I feel suffering shows an misalignment with your true inner being, and therefore a distance from God.  (God in this case is no different from our higher self or inner being, for it is from our higher being that we and therefore our lives/creations come from.)

I feel being truly close to God will manifest the ideal physical life. In other words, spiritual/mental harmony brings physical harmony.

IP Logged

tgecks

Dahlonega, Georgia
Reply #12 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 10:34am

I am with you on this one, OOBD. Our experience of life may be interpreted as suffering, but God wants us to find happiness. The point of the Cruxifixion is the Resurrection; A Course in Miracles says the cross if is a meaningless symbol without the resurrection that follows. Was that not Christ's point, after all? Look what I can do, see what I can accomplish! This and more will you also do.

And could not a God just simply make us perfect just like that? What is the point of a God that punsihes us for Eternity for not performing perfectly, and make it our nature to never make it?

No-- My God is big enough and loving enough and forgiving enough for all of it, because God is ALL OF IT, even the dark parts, even what we have imagined as evil. We have imagined there is a war, and somehow God can lose....

All There Is is All There Is. I think God is All There Is, even the ring around the collar.....

The priest's job is to keep you coming back and donating, so that "someday" you will deserve blessings. Well, my dear friend Juditha, you are already blessed! You were created that way.......

Thomas

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 4:06pm

Hi thomas and oobd  You have both helped me think again about what my priest said and about God as well as i am being confirmed in 5 weeks time.so i got to learn about The Nicene Creed and The Apostle Creed,i am reading up on them but when we have Holy Communion I always say The Nicene Creed in church and Thanks Thomas for saying i am already blessed.i love you all on here my dear friends.

Love and God bless  love juditha

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #14 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 1:55pm

I believe that when we suffer we listen to false ideas our minds create. When we stop listening to false ideas we experience happiness, peace and love, and this is what God is about.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.