Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
inspiring article on 2012 (Read 2257 times)
bird

inspiring article on 2012
Oct 26th, 2008 at 5:41pm

Hi - I stumbled upon this article by Ross Blaine and felt it was worth sharing. I can relate to what he's saying:

By now many people have heard of the prophetic date of 12-21-12. This date has slipped into the consciousness of enough people now to be considered archetypal. What is the archetype? Unfortunately it is a prophetic "end of days" type archetype. I say unfortunately because it is consciousness and mass consciousness particularly that 2012 is really about, and if the archetype is of some sort of Armageddon-ish scenario, then it is more likely that such a scenario will be created.

My thoughts at present. 2012 is not an event or a date for a specific event. It is merely a marker in time and according to the Maya, the end of time. There are many prophetic correspondences to these times although not 2012 specifically in most cases that I am aware of. In any event, if something is happening it is already happening right now and will likely continue to happen beyond 12-21-12. But is this unusual? Aren't things always "happening" or isn't there an ongoing evolution regardless? What makes these times and 2012 special?

Part of what distinguishes the 2012 phenomenon is the phenomenon itself. The more attention given to it and the more energy fed to it, the more 2012 becomes something. Otherwise it is just a date on a calendar and an ending date on another.

Is 2012 any different than the many prophetic times preceding it? Like we can easily remember Y2K, for example. What was that all about? Not too much really.

I believe the significance placed on 2012 is only significant by the act of intent or attention. It has power when we give it power. There is no cosmic deadline or destiny set in stone. There may be probabilities of destiny, but there is a randomness to it that cannot be accounted for- at least not by me.

Meanwhile it certainly feels like something's got to give. When I look at the world I see growing chaos primarily driven by unsustainability. I don't have to mention anything specific because this is plainly evident- just watch the evening news.

If we want to make these times and 2012 something positive, here is my simple, pragmatic advice. Do not cop to fear. There are ample things to be afraid of and sure to be more, but we always have a choice about how we react to any situation. So do not choose fear regardless of what is happening. Look instead for love. Love is always present and can always be accessed. You cannot have darkness without light for it is only by contrasting one by the other that dark and light is created. Same is true with fear and love.

As for the 2012 phenomenon itself, be mindful of what kind of energy you feed it. There are many people writing, speaking, and promoting various ideas about 2012, many of them fear based. This kind of thing may help people sell books, or conferences, or products, or even their ideas, but is that any different than a political party using fear to scare themselves into being elected into office? No not really. It is pandering and propaganda. Some of the oldest tricks in the book. Develop your own personal love/fear meter and be ever aware. Then choose love. If enough of us do this, we will have a great 2012.

Ross Blaine has studied with Alberto Villoldo and The Four Winds Society and is a graduate of the Healing the Light Body School. Ross is a mesa carrier in the lineage of the Andean Shamans and practices Energy Medicine through Soulpaths, LC, in Kansas City, Missouri. You can reach him at www.soulpaths.com.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Re: inspiring article on 2012
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2008 at 7:48pm

I have some friends who send me stuff related to how something either dire or wonderful will occur on 2012.

I just want to say it's really hard for me to imagine it being any different than what's happening today, maybe just more or less of the same energies that are happening now.

so the simplicity of what you say about choosing love or fear, it applies to the now moment, as well as when 2012 gets here. because if love is in the mind and soul and heart, there simply is no room for fear to take up residence. try being afraid and loving at the same time, it's near impossible to do.

I imagine some folks say oh when 2012 gets here, then I can be happy and have hope that everyone will wake up. what if everyone is awake and you're the one who is asleep?
kind of weird thought, but it opens the mind that just maybe NONE of know what's going on. we just like to think we know.

frankly, although I'm a contemplative, there's another side of me and she says I'm here for the party.
if nobody celebrates life with me, I'll still be partying inside myself because I had a chance to be here and make someone else feel love.
or just crack a smile where no smile had a chance to get there for awhile.
it's about love.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #2 - Oct 26th, 2008 at 8:45pm

Quote Bird/Ross Blaine:
"This date has slipped into the consciousness of enough people now to be considered archetypal."
No. The clue of an archetype is just that it is NOT caused or fed by something of the present lifetime, but is something (a story, a symbol) which is shared by many, if not all people independently of their present lives' experiences. At least according to Jung.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #3 - Oct 27th, 2008 at 3:02pm

thanks Spooky..is an archetypal like a concept shared by all?

for instance, how fundy Christians believed in the body return of JC? that's an archetype?

IP Logged

Cricket

Reply #4 - Oct 27th, 2008 at 5:50pm

An archetype is pretty much a concept shared by all, yes...though I'm not sure it's as complex as believing "in the bodily return of Jesus"...more like "risen God".  The bogeyman could be considered an archetype, as could the Mother Goddess...not a lot of detail, as far as I understand it.

Each person or groups definition of *their* version of the archetype can be complicated, but the archetype itself seems to be just above the instinctual level - a gut thing, almost.

Archetypical figures in myth and legend may stray considerably from the basics, but there's that one core thing that qualifies them.

Or not -  my studies of the subject have been intermittant and not necessarily scholarly...  Grin

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #5 - Oct 27th, 2008 at 6:21pm

thanks Cricket. so you mean the bogeyman is not real?  Cheesy it's more clear.  what may be happening with 2012 is that we are all creating something, each a little differently, but as a whole creating the thought form around it, that something will happen then at that time. mostly the thoughts are optimistic around that.

perhaps optimism is a force of it's own to generate change? we shall be obliged to wait and see.  Smiley

IP Logged

Cricket

Reply #6 - Oct 27th, 2008 at 6:53pm

I suppose that egregore might have an effect, too?  The notion that if enough people believe in something (as far as I know, usually an entity, but maybe not only that), it will become real.

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #7 - Oct 28th, 2008 at 9:12pm

Generally, an archetype is something we have in our minds independently from our present life experiences; ideally, all people have the same. Typically it's in form of stories, coming in dreams or daydreams (many ancient myths are considered to be archetypes in their essence). Or condensed stories, like symbols or meaningful pictures. As far as I recall, Jung came to this theory when he noticed that some people had similar dreams, but these dreams couldn't stem from experiences these people had in their present lives. So he thought there might be a special common structure of the human mind, and an expression of it are these common mythical stories.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Cricket

Reply #8 - Oct 29th, 2008 at 9:51am

Jung seems to have come up with archetype (as used in this context, anyway), and goes farther with the idea of the collective unconcious.

The collective unconsious was his name for the "everything" of all our minds tied together, "The collective subconscious is also known as "a reservoir of the experiences of our species."*

Sounds kinda relevant to this board, now that I think on it...  Smiley

*Jung, Carl. The Development of Personality

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #9 - Oct 29th, 2008 at 11:58am

I like the way Joseph Campbell talks about archtypes.

Some cultural anthropologists went arounfd the world and collected stories from many different cultures. These were cultures that were very different from each other and in diverse and even somewhat isolated parts of the world. But the stories were found to have common themes. One common theme is the one called the Heroe's Journey. This doesn't just show up in The Odyssey. It shows up everywhere. A recent example of the Hero's Journey is Star Wars. I think Campbell even visited George Lucas at times. Anyway, the Hero's Journey is an example of an archtype.

Ross Blaine says he studied with Alberto Villoldo. I took a workshop with Villoldo many years ago. He was way above my level. But I thught he had a lot of integrity (that wasn't true of all workshop teachers. They did it for the money. Even then, I thought Villoldo did it for the teaching. Not sure why I thought that). He has continued to grow. Makes me take Blaine a little more seriously. But the website listed is only private.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.