Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Newbie Here Wishes to Acquire More Knowledge ... (Read 12935 times)
Ronny

Newbie Here Wishes to Acquire More Knowledge ...
Oct 20th, 2008 at 5:50pm

Smiley

I started to read Seth about 20 years ago, then Robert Monroe, then onto Michael Newton. Recently started reading Scott Rogo's works.

I went to the Monroe Institute in April 2008, then found out about Bruce Moen's books. Now, I'm reading Moen's books while I'm rereading Seth. Gateway wasn't that great for me since I found myself "clicking out" while in the Cech unit all the time I was there. Meals were great, attendees very helpful, but found the week to be an expensive Rest & Recuperation.

Went to Gateway not knowing what to expect, and still haven't been able to "get" it, yet. Working on it, though. Was a psychology major in college so I'm respectful of how the mind operates in creating illusions, allusions, and delusions.

Immersing myself in Moen's books now, but wish I had read his works prior to the Gateway. Monroe's books opened my eyes, so to speak, about other consciousnesses, but no methodologies for getting There. Moen's works are more practical, as an engineer would have it always, and I've found them more helpful.

Can someone toss me some ideas on how to effectively get from Here to There?

Not a vegatarian, vegan, eat meat, don't meditate, drink coffee, alcohol sometimes, don't smoke, eat peanuts (a Scott Rogo No-No), and probably a bunch of other habits that makes it tough for me to get to There. Have the DVD's for Focus levels up to and including Focus 21. Use them now, but click out all the time.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Re: Newbie Here Wishes to Acquire More Knowledge ...
Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 6:15pm

Hi Ronny and I'm just throwing out the first welcome. I have no idea how to get from here to there, you must be referring to Monroe's phrase about the I/there.

as I understand it, it's a process of 1,000 or more lifetimes here. I have no idea which lifetime you are now in. I just say this to introduce the quality of being patient and gentle with yourself, and don't assume clicking out is a negative block as it's useful to recognize you do click out, and seems entirely normal.
having lifetimes is the I/there's planning committee, and include your family members, planning with you. it's not a linear time inference, but appears as sequential lives while we live a single life.

to the I/there, all the lives are already lived in a place of no-time. Once you remember the I/there you begin to merge with it in memory. you may begin to remember with your I/there, other lives, if that is beneficial for you before death occurs of the body.sometimes it's not important to remember here, as memory is restored by the retrieval of yourself, by a member of your I/there, and that happens when it happens irrespective of our wishes to make it happen sooner.
with Monroe, his I/there begin to correspond with him, as he was frequently out of body and it developed this way, that he was  merging back into the I/there due to his urge to help humanity become aware of what  he was learning in the Obe state.

he left us hemiSync as something tangible. His adventures with the I/there, is also a sort of map for myself.

matter of fact I'm re-reading Ultimate Journey and blowing my mind even further than I blew it the first time over this man's life.

wishing you all the best in your studies, remember to enjoy your life, whatever it is, as we will see, life is short. so make it very sweet also. love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #2 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 11:55pm

Hi Ronny,
yes, I have been to GV and Lifeline, and there, too, were some who had this issue. Would you say you'd just fall asleep or really click out, which is like a hard break, as if a piece of time is just cut out, with no slow napping in and wakeup periods.
   I suggest you try Bruces methods. That way you could figure out if it's the HemiSync which makes you click out or if it's a general issue for you to stay awake.
   I only very rarely fall asleep while HemiSyncing / meditating, but a probable backside of it is, I have issues to fall asleep even when I want to.
   The breakthrough for me in the Gateway Voyage was when I allowed to let a "movie" unfold. I thought I'm making it all up and tended to stop it, but finally I decided to accept it and to treat it, just for the exercise, as if it were real.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Ronny

Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2008 at 12:54am

LaffingRain wrote on Oct 20th, 2008 at 6:15pm:
Hi Ronny and I'm just throwing out the first welcome. I have no idea how to get from here to there, you must be referring to Monroe's phrase about the I/there.

as I understand it, it's a process of 1,000 or more lifetimes here. I have no idea which lifetime you are now in. I just say this to introduce the quality of being patient and gentle with yourself, and don't assume clicking out is a negative block as it's useful to recognize you do click out, and seems entirely normal.
having lifetimes is the I/there's planning committee, and include your family members, planning with you. it's not a linear time inference, but appears as sequential lives while we live a single life.

to the I/there, all the lives are already lived in a place of no-time. Once you remember the I/there you begin to merge with it in memory. you may begin to remember with your I/there, other lives, if that is beneficial for you before death occurs of the body.sometimes it's not important to remember here, as memory is restored by the retrieval of yourself, by a member of your I/there, and that happens when it happens irrespective of our wishes to make it happen sooner.
with Monroe, his I/there begin to correspond with him, as he was frequently out of body and it developed this way, that he was  merging back into the I/there due to his urge to help humanity become aware of what  he was learning in the Obe state.

he left us hemiSync as something tangible. His adventures with the I/there, is also a sort of map for myself.

matter of fact I'm re-reading Ultimate Journey and blowing my mind even further than I blew it the first time over this man's life.

wishing you all the best in your studies, remember to enjoy your life, whatever it is, as we will see, life is short. so make it very sweet also. love, alysia

Thank you for your response. I have also had the chance to reread Monroe's books the last few years and agree with you there are more facts to digest every time you reread something. I've had to literally take Seth books and reread them aloud so I can concentrate on the myriad of points the entity addresses in a few tightly woven lines of text.

There is a lot to learn in this non-physical reality, but I'm in a bit of a rush to obtain knowledge in this area. We both know life is short, and we need to enjoy life too.

Please keep those cards and letters coming. I reread them also.

IP Logged

Ronny

Reply #4 - Oct 21st, 2008 at 1:14am

spooky2 wrote on Oct 20th, 2008 at 11:55pm:
Hi Ronny,
yes, I have been to GV and Lifeline, and there, too, were some who had this issue. Would you say you'd just fall asleep or really click out, which is like a hard break, as if a piece of time is just cut out, with no slow napping in and wakeup periods.
  I suggest you try Bruces methods. That way you could figure out if it's the HemiSync which makes you click out or if it's a general issue for you to stay awake.
  I only very rarely fall asleep while HemiSyncing / meditating, but a probable backside of it is, I have issues to fall asleep even when I want to.
  The breakthrough for me in the Gateway Voyage was when I allowed to let a "movie" unfold. I thought I'm making it all up and tended to stop it, but finally I decided to accept it and to treat it, just for the exercise, as if it were real.

Spooky

My first, and only to date, Gateway was what I consider to be a failure; am considering going back again for a Gateway, but this time better prepared as to what to expect. My background for the last 30 years has been in the area of numbers crunching. This is far removed from the nebulous, other consciousness. Now, I feel I've been directed to exploring these areas, and have less time than 30 years ago. As an aside, would anyone know if the Monroe Institute offers discounts to attendees who repeat a curriculum?

Do I fall asleep or really click out? Good question since I don't know the difference(s) between the two. All I know is when I lay down in my bed located in a darkened room and play the hemi-sync files stored on my Microsoft Zune (via good earbuds) I wake up close to an hour later not having consciously experienced any noticeable stimuli. I do wake up more refreshed than before I "went to sleep, or clicked out," but this could be due to the fact that I had about an hour of physical rest. Monroe claims the hemi-sync files do more than give one a restful sleep, and goes to claim that hearing the files and clicking out still has benefits.

I've taken to a sleep schedule that is more akin to what Seth suggested: sleep about five hours, wake and conduct life for about the same number of hours, then go back to sleep. Seth's approach states that sleeping more than six hours throws the physical body out of whack since too much sleep prevents the dream state from impacting the physical state. Seth recommended that there be a good mix of sleep and wake hours that is balanced more by five hours of sleep and about the same number of hours for waking. I also believe Edgar Cayce mentioned our modern sleep cycle (long sleep hours and long wake hours) is not conducive to good physical health.

Your experience of letting the movie unfold is very interesting. It's similar to what Moen wrote about in his second book, wherein he offers approaches to changing one's belief systems so that one is open to the other stimuli, some of which may even come from the unconscious levels. I've never meditated in my life; I can probably count the number of times I've meditated on both hands. And this is over a lifetime of close to 60 years. I've always thought it wasteful of one's time to sit for a few minutes to contemplate one's navel, so to speak. Most, if not all, my fellow Gateway attendees were already well versed in meditation, and had incorporated that regimen into their daily lives. In fact, the first five days of the six day Gateway did manifest in this manner for me: it helped me relax, not soon enough to partake of other benefits of the program before it ended on the sixth day.

I haven't read all of Moen's books so I'm not sure of what his method(s) of inducing altered consciousness is; of course, it's also possible that I've read of his method but because I am not attuned to this whole subject matter, that I might have filtered it out inadvertently.

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 21st, 2008 at 8:49am

Ronny, you said:

Do I fall asleep or really click out? Good question since I don't know the difference(s) between the two. All I know is when I lay down in my bed located in a darkened room and play the hemi-sync files stored on my Microsoft Zune (via good earbuds) I wake up close to an hour later not having consciously experienced any noticeable stimuli. I do wake up more refreshed than before I "went to sleep, or clicked out," but this could be due to the fact that I had about an hour of physical rest. Monroe claims the hemi-sync files do more than give one a restful sleep, and goes to claim that hearing the files and clicking out still has benefits.
---------------------

I am not sure what the difference is between sleeping and 'clicking out' either, but I note that you mention how you are, nonetheless, more refreshed after doing this meditation than if you had simply slept. That is key, to me.

I found, over time, that with meditation cds of a high quality, noteably if they worked with brainwaves, a clicking out is much more likely to occur. But, yes, there is no comparison, for me, between a 'normal' sleep and one enhanced by meditation techniques. This fact kept me continuing with my meditations at times when I was quite tired.

My advice is not to worry about the clicking out for now. When you have absorbed enough in the 'out' stage you will wake up again. You can sit up and do other things to try to be more alert, and you may have more success that way.

But, still, I wouldn't worry too much about the clicking out. I don't find it to be harmful or wasteful in any way.

love, blink

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #6 - Oct 21st, 2008 at 9:15am

Hi Ronnie,

Welcome! Smiley

Bruce's fifth book -- the guidebook to afterlife experiences is a full course in moving into afterlife realms.  You could skip any others for now and move directly into the Guidebook. -- It sounds as if you've been 'initiated' enough!  Smiley

I do most of what you do (or have listed you do) and I can still participate in the afterlife.  The preparation that I find most helpful is the deep but gentle breaths.  Bruce has a way of working with three from above,then three from below, but for my body I need to do some deep but gentle breathing daily.

If you could find some time, not to contemplate your navel, but just to quiet your mind or gaze on some aspect of nature that is calming, I expect that will also help.

Best wishes!

Betson

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Ronny

Reply #7 - Oct 21st, 2008 at 12:26pm

Quote:
Ronny, you said:

---------------------

I am not sure what the difference is between sleeping and 'clicking out' either, but I note that you mention how you are, nonetheless, more refreshed after doing this meditation than if you had simply slept. That is key, to me.

I found, over time, that with meditation cds of a high quality, noteably if they worked with brainwaves, a clicking out is much more likely to occur. But, yes, there is no comparison, for me, between a 'normal' sleep and one enhanced by meditation techniques. This fact kept me continuing with my meditations at times when I was quite tired.

My advice is not to worry about the clicking out for now. When you have absorbed enough in the 'out' stage you will wake up again. You can sit up and do other things to try to be more alert, and you may have more success that way.

But, still, I wouldn't worry too much about the clicking out. I don't find it to be harmful or wasteful in any way.

love, blink

Blink, thank you for your subtle observation. My recall of my physical body affects after I listen to the hemi-sync tapes was my clue, but I wasn't attuned to them. The fact that I noticed I was more "refreshed" after listening to a hemi-sync tape, versus just napping, indicates there was an effect from the tape. I am thankfull you pointed this out to me, even though I observed it but did not see it, so to speak. The nuances and subtleties are what I need to train my left-brained head is what is is all about for me. Give me numbers, datapoints, and I'm a whiz at the stuff, but ask me to be still to listen to the chirping of the birds and the rustling of the leaves, and I'm at a loss. There still is an element of anxiety associated with what I hard trained my whole life to do: make things happen in the physical world, versus what I'm now trying to do: regain an awareness of our other consciousnesses.

IP Logged

Ronny

Reply #8 - Oct 21st, 2008 at 12:50pm

betson wrote on Oct 21st, 2008 at 9:15am:
Hi Ronnie,

Welcome! Smiley

Bruce's fifth book -- the guidebook to afterlife experiences is a full course in moving into afterlife realms.  You could skip any others for now and move directly into the Guidebook. -- It sounds as if you've been 'initiated' enough!  Smiley

I do most of what you do (or have listed you do) and I can still participate in the afterlife.  The preparation that I find most helpful is the deep but gentle breaths.  Bruce has a way of working with three from above,then three from below, but for my body I need to do some deep but gentle breathing daily.

If you could find some time, not to contemplate your navel, but just to quiet your mind or gaze on some aspect of nature that is calming, I expect that will also help.

Best wishes!

Betson

Betson, I've managed to accumulate a lot of books written by Moen. A bunch of other books too. I do a lot of research before I delve into a subject and prefer that others do the pioneering work while I mop us after them. Moen's works were detailed enough that I found them helpful, hence I'm on this board inquiring about additional information that I might not find in his written materials. I will obtain his fifth book which is his guide. Thanks for the suggestion that his fifth book will get me there faster and quicker than plodding through his other books which I have which does the same except in a lengthier and more descriptive fashion. I've found some of his chapters to be too figurative for me to grasp, somewhat akin to Monroe's written sections in his second work, Far Journeys, in which he goes to greater length and content on his concept of "loosh." That got me reaching a bit to understand what he was trying to tell his readers.

It is strange indeed that I now find myself in this position on my own path in life. A medium I recently enlisted suggested that I have been guided by the spirits to this area, from where I had been. I'm a very left-brained person, much more so than Moen who is trained as an engineer. I've had two unexpected OBE's in my own life years ago. After one major episode I sought the advice of another medium to help me decide whether or not I should pursue this area. After a cursory review of possible outcomes I decided the area of altered consciousness was too nebulous, and unrewarding monetarily, so I pursued even furrther and deeper into the physical world by crunching numbers and dealing with hard physical reality. In the realm of physical reality I'm quite accomplished.

The recent medium suggested that the spirits think it's time for people with my emphasis to delve into the altered consciousness since it will be easier for types like me to translate the research and works of those who've gone ahead earlier. Those more pioneer-like researchers would be less acceptable to the more general audiences, but what I find from the altered consciousness realms would be more believable to the general audiences since I am already well versed in their physical reality.

This can be likened to what Monroe did for meditative states. Prior to Monroe's work, one of the more successful ways of attaining interaction with the altered states was through years of self-imposed meditation through the eastern arts, e.g. yoga. Monroe wrote of an incident in which a practiced buddhist went to his institute and was extremely impressed with the alacrity by which he was able to attain heightened states of awareness using Monroe's hemi-sync tapes. The buddhist had spent years perfecting his "technique" that the Monroe method was able to help others achieve in a few days.

In a way, I might be at the forefront of taking the research and experiences of practioners like you and "preaching" to the masses. Inherent in this thought is the fact there will be more need from the masses for such knowledge. In a way, I feel that I am one of the apostles, twice or three times removed from the original 12.

Your thoughts?

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #9 - Oct 21st, 2008 at 1:13pm

Shocked
Cheesy
Smiley    Smiley

My thought is wow,  we've been posting here for months about the need for data! And Bruce of course asks that we get as much factual references as possible when involved in retrievals and visitations.

I'm so right-brained I can't even imagine the steps necessary to get the info, but there are experienced explorers here who have much ability in logic and science. If you ask for any assistance here, I'm sure you'll get it.

Much success-- in all the 'hemispheres'!  Smiley

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #10 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 2:55am

Hi again Ronny,
what I recommend to everyone is a "mild", easy way of meditation.

The first goal simply is to get your mind away from the daily topics and concerns. To start with "No thoughts" is too difficult and long termed for most people, and often not even desired. The other approach is easier: Instead of clearing your mind in order to get in distance to the all-day hurry and schedule, simply imagine something. Close your eyes and imagine to be somewhere, the best would be at a place you don't know to avoid associations with your physical life's activities, a place you create. This may sound like a useless childish game, but it is a very effective method to reach an altered consciousness state, away from the physical into the nonphysical. (Btw, to train your imagination is useful for all sorts of things)

The second step then is to move from a controlled, active imagination to a more receptive one. This could be, you imagine to be in "your" landscape, and walk around with not too many expectations. You sooner or later will see in your mind things or persons you haven't planned to see. It will feel as if you are imagining it right now, but just go with the flow, and accept it as if it were real. When you do this for a while, and write down your experiences, and then re-read them, you will notice that the results are different from the usual imagination, dreaming, or daydreaming.

From that point on, you can go various ways: You could try to go to nonphysical places others have described (simply by your will to do so), or call for a helper to show you something interesting or to give you some answers, or try to do retrievals, or remote viewing or whatever.

The evaluation of what you get in those, what I call, mind-journeys is up to you. It is, at least in the beginning, a must to write down your experiences, because otherwise you WILL forget them like dreams. Once you have developed a "feeling" for these nonphysical / mind places and/or states, it will get easier to remember it even without writing it down, as it will become your second nature, and so to speak, you'll live in two worlds, which, at it's best, will correspond to a good degree.

Bruce's Guidebook contains a step-by-step approach of this.
-------------------------------------

What you've told of Seth's comments about sleep-schedules, there's some truth in it, though I believe it varies to a great degree individually. What is a matter of fact unfortunately, a full-time job without an hour of rest/sleep in between, is a very hindering factor in achieving controlled states of nonphysical perception. When you got home from work after 8 hours or even more, you eat something and then... bump. You fall asleep (maybe while having a beer and watching tv...)  Tongue

Click out vs. fall asleep: I once listened to a HemiSync recording, and after a little while it made a "click", just like the cd-player couldn't track it properly, so I looked at the cd player and it had skipped about 20 minutes, impossible, as it would have taken some time for the sound head to move, and I looked at my watch, I remembered the time when I layed me down, and the watch, too, was twenty minutes later. So, there was a time gap of twenty minutes, it was a click-out, and I absolutely know nothing of what had happened during that time. It's a very odd experience.

Spooky

IP Logged

Ronny

Reply #11 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 4:21pm

betson wrote on Oct 21st, 2008 at 1:13pm:
Shocked
Cheesy
Smiley    Smiley

My thought is wow,  we've been posting here for months about the need for data! And Bruce of course asks that we get as much factual references as possible when involved in retrievals and visitations.

I'm so right-brained I can't even imagine the steps necessary to get the info, but there are experienced explorers here who have much ability in logic and science. If you ask for any assistance here, I'm sure you'll get it.

Much success-- in all the 'hemispheres'!  Smiley

Bets

Bets, thank you for the encouraging words. I was trained in my early years in pre-med and I have an understanding of the hard sciences. The hard sciences thrive on repeatability of results. If I create action A, I will get result B. If I do it again, I should get the same result. The more times I create action A, the more confident I am of getting result B.

Prior to my reading of Michael Newton's works on lives between lives, the works of luminaries (pardon the pun) such as Jane Roberts, Edgar Cayce, and even Robert Monroe, showed the possibility of existence beyond the physical, but the observations were more anecdotal than scientific. Newton, however, performed over 7,000 deep level hypnoses and he concluded the existence of certain commonalities among his patients. It took someone like Newton with his experience to be able to find the common denominators among his patients. His search is akin to the search of patterns that later evolved into Chaos Theory. It takes a much more generalist view to be able to see the patterns.

One might argue that Monroe created repeatable environments with his creation of hemi-sync and its application to subjects. I am not conversant with the results of his clients, but from where the application of hemi-sync starts to where it ends is a very, very lengthy chain of connections. The length of the chain is what bothers me. The end results of the actions -- recallable experiences from defined levels of foci from levels 10 to 36 (the latter as a result of continued experimentation) -- are so varied and have yet to be categorized succinctly, that it is hard for me to accept them from a scientific view.

Intuitively, however, I can see how anything is possible.

IP Logged

Ronny

Reply #12 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 4:49pm

spooky2 wrote on Oct 22nd, 2008 at 2:55am:
Hi again Ronny,
what I recommend to everyone is a "mild", easy way of meditation.

The first goal simply is to get your mind away from the daily topics and concerns. To start with "No thoughts" is too difficult and long termed for most people, and often not even desired. The other approach is easier: Instead of clearing your mind in order to get in distance to the all-day hurry and schedule, simply imagine something. Close your eyes and imagine to be somewhere, the best would be at a place you don't know to avoid associations with your physical life's activities, a place you create. This may sound like a useless childish game, but it is a very effective method to reach an altered consciousness state, away from the physical into the nonphysical. (Btw, to train your imagination is useful for all sorts of things)

The second step then is to move from a controlled, active imagination to a more receptive one. This could be, you imagine to be in "your" landscape, and walk around with not too many expectations. You sooner or later will see in your mind things or persons you haven't planned to see. It will feel as if you are imagining it right now, but just go with the flow, and accept it as if it were real. When you do this for a while, and write down your experiences, and then re-read them, you will notice that the results are different from the usual imagination, dreaming, or daydreaming.

From that point on, you can go various ways: You could try to go to nonphysical places others have described (simply by your will to do so), or call for a helper to show you something interesting or to give you some answers, or try to do retrievals, or remote viewing or whatever.

The evaluation of what you get in those, what I call, mind-journeys is up to you. It is, at least in the beginning, a must to write down your experiences, because otherwise you WILL forget them like dreams. Once you have developed a "feeling" for these nonphysical / mind places and/or states, it will get easier to remember it even without writing it down, as it will become your second nature, and so to speak, you'll live in two worlds, which, at it's best, will correspond to a good degree.

Bruce's Guidebook contains a step-by-step approach of this.
-------------------------------------

What you've told of Seth's comments about sleep-schedules, there's some truth in it, though I believe it varies to a great degree individually. What is a matter of fact unfortunately, a full-time job without an hour of rest/sleep in between, is a very hindering factor in achieving controlled states of nonphysical perception. When you got home from work after 8 hours or even more, you eat something and then... bump. You fall asleep (maybe while having a beer and watching tv...)  Tongue .  

Click out vs. fall asleep: I once listened to a HemiSync recording, and after a little while it made a "click", just like the cd-player couldn't track it properly, so I looked at the cd player and it had skipped about 20 minutes, impossible, as it would have taken some time for the sound head to move, and I looked at my watch, I remembered the time when I layed me down, and the watch, too, was twenty minutes later. So, there was a time gap of twenty minutes, it was a click-out, and I absolutely know nothing of what had happened during that time. It's a very odd experience.

Spooky

Hey Spooky,

Thanks for more insights from your experience repertoire. Last night I ordered a new copy of Moen's fifth book from www.Buy.com. I would normally order from www.Amazon.com, but I was only buying one book and the cost of the book was about $4 cheaper at buy.com; the shipping from either sellers was about the same. One of the businesses that we own, which we just started, is a non-profit used book store, so it sort of bothered me to be paying new book prices; but when there is a need, there is a need. What can I say? My wife and I started a used book store in honor of our recently deceased son who at the very young age of 19 ended his life. We are still grieving over his untimely death which is less than a year ago. Yes it was his death that spurred me onto my present course of delving into these arcane matters. All of our profits are to be donated to charitable causes. I've made a lot of money in for-profit ventures and suddenly I find myself in the realm of non-profits.

Your suggestions, which you credit to Moen, are very good. I can see how a progressive approach toward meditation will result in more little successes which eventually will lead to the big meditation kahuna.

Several weeks ago, after having reread a portion of Jane Robert's Seth books, I forced myself to start a dream journal. I have one right next to my pillow on my bed with a pen. The times I've had dreams and were able to recall some of them, I've managed to scribble some memories of them. Looking over the notes I can see a distinctly different recallability. The first few notes were vague and broad, but the most recent one went to greater length with more details.

Start small and move slowly. Eventually we'll get bigger and move quicker!

I have a philosophical quandary about Seth's suggested sleep schedules. Seth suggested sleeping as much as needed, not as much as forced. In his parlance, go to sleep and wake up when you want to. Then conduct business in the physical world till tired, then go to sleep again. By doing this, Seth said we should fall into a natural sleep/wake cycle of about five hours each. Seth said by doing this we will be more aware of our dream state since the separation of awareness of the dream state and the physical state wouldn't be that overt. The way we conduct our lives now, we sleep longer and stay awake longer, creating a schism between work and sleep, or physical world versus the dream world. My question is this: since we are in the physical world, why mustn't we stay in the physical world? Why even delve into the dream world? We will have our time, so to speak, in the dream world forever anyway when our physical world ends. It's akin to asking: why shouldn't we render unto Caesar, what is Caesar's? Or, to keep the thoughts flowing: why act like Greeks when we are in Rome (itself a play on when one is in Rome, one must act Roman)?

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #13 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 7:04pm

Hi Ronny,
sad thing about your son. I hope your activities triggered by his leaving can help you cope with it.

Why are we dreaming? Well, don't expect I'll explain it! First of all, when we speak of being in the physical-being in the nonphysical, that's very simplified. Every experience, thought, imagination etc. which isn't directly caused by physical input isn't really purely physical. In Monroe speak, we are "phasing" all the time. So I'd say waking and sleeping are not totally divided worlds, but states of a different center focus.
   Most, if not all higher mammals do sleep. I watched some cats showing all signs of dreaming. Beneath the simple statement that sleep is a biological necessity, sleep is necessary to keep balanced. Without sleep, we would get lost in all the data we're confronted with, through sleeping and dreaming we reprocess the data, weigh them and sort them into categories. As well, we seem to need sleep to maintain our personality, our own viewpoint and opinion; without it, all starts to be the same for us, a million tiny bits of perceptions without meaning, driving us crazy. Another interesting thing is, when sleep deprivated, people eventually start hallucinating. We could interprete this as the thinning of the veil between the physical and the nonphysical, physical input, nonphysical occurances, imaginations, and compositions of all that cannot any longer be filtered and sorted correctly, a big blur and chaos is the result. So, when Seth/Roberts is suggesting short waking/sleeping periods, it might indeed result in a stronger bleedthrough of both states, but we're still able to identify the sources/places of our experiences, due to the still divided states of awake-sleeping. The final thing is the idea of a sort of nourishing of our soul/consciousness, going back to our home, recharge, receive guidance. Though the idea is common, I don't know of any first hand accounts of people who remembered this sort of thing.

So to say, as a Greek in Rome, well you remain a Greek, only being in Rome (with a bit foggy memory of your home though)  Smiley .

Spooky

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #14 - Oct 23rd, 2008 at 2:53pm

Ronny says: My question is this: since we are in the physical world, why mustn't we stay in the physical world? Why even delve into the dream world? We will have our time, so to speak, in the dream world forever anyway when our physical world ends. It's akin to asking: why shouldn't we render unto Caesar, what is Caesar's? Or, to keep the thoughts flowing: why act like Greeks when we are in Rome (itself a play on when one is in Rome, one must act Roman)?
_____

sounds like Madonna talking: lyrics follow: we are living in a material world, and I am a material girl..la la la.
____
do as the Romans do and you well know you'll get what the Romans got. the way to render to Caesar his due is to scrutinize what Caesar is doing with our money. that's only the first step, to ask questions is left brained..to implement the answers is to receive those answers through receptive area of the right brained.

why dream? why explore dreams, why bother? because we are the dreamwalkers whether we want to be or not. we cannot deny we are this thing too, as well we cannot deny we operate through the flesh and love concrete evidence. it's like asking the egg or the chicken came first?  the chicken was here first. time is a movie.
_____

Spooky, I'm reading Ultimate Journeys, Monroe went home and describes it. He found what he termed "the basic."
I think I found the basic also. it's more or less, getting a known Ronny, and proceding from that known, to implement into the physical area, but the two, exploration and manifestation into physical are having to work in cycles of sleep and wakefulness, of C1 and phasing, back and forth. after awhile the two cycles eventually balance out, from what you are doing, persevering in self study, of human consciousness.

without a dream, a man is nothing.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.