Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Newbie Here Wishes to Acquire More Knowledge ... (Read 12967 times)
Ronny

Re: Newbie Here Wishes to Acquire More Knowledge ...
Reply #30 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 12:40pm

pedigree wrote on Nov 6th, 2008 at 7:43am:

The above link contributed by Pedigree directs to a post by spooky2 that then links to several videos posted on youtube.com. The videos were of audio interviews of author/physicist Tom Campbell by host George Noory from his program, "Coast to Coast."

Thank you for the reference. Tom Campbell wrote three books, a trilogy, with the main title of "My Big Toe." The trilogy is about 800 pages in length and offers the insights of a physicist working and researching in the area of altered consciousness. I will order the book for my continued research into this area. This information should speed up my acquisition of knowledge in this area.

IP Logged

pedigree

Reply #31 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 2:59am

Ronny wrote on Nov 6th, 2008 at 12:40pm:
This information should speed up my acquisition of knowledge in this area.

It is one thing to gain knowledge by intellectually understanding everything but another to actually experience it. The latter the more important I'm beginning to understand. Shocked

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #32 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 1:29pm

I've found that spiritual experiences have great value. This is especially true since spiritual experiences can take place in a manner where you are certain of what you're experiencing and understanding.  Considering things intellectually has never influenced me to the same degree. Truth doesn't have to accord to our logic.

pedigree wrote on Nov 7th, 2008 at 2:59am:

It is one thing to gain knowledge by intellectually understanding everything but another to actually experience it. The latter the more important I'm beginning to understand. Shocked

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #33 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 2:45pm

Greetings,

Previously Ronnie said
" In the dreamstate, the learning process has no schedule
(as defined by passing of time, which is one of the greatest
benefits of the physical state),
and hence can go off tangentially to a literal infinity.
How is this shown by Monroe's research?"

On another thread, Spooky said "the consequences are enormous."

Going off to a literal infinity or determining the entire enormity of consequences can be established by a type of sampling. Infinity and enormity may not be possible to experience within one human lifetime.

Monroe went so many 'places,' both to know an area in depth and also to broaden the range of his explorations. The correlations and the variations he found led him to the experienced conclusion that he was sampling a literal infinity.

On one hand we can measure infinity forever; on another hand we can experience the attitudes that have created infinity forever.
To truly know infinity we must use both means.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

devayan

Australia
Reply #34 - Nov 9th, 2008 at 4:10am

Ronny wrote on Oct 20th, 2008 at 5:50pm:
Smiley

I started to read Seth about 20 years ago, then Robert Monroe, then onto Michael Newton. Recently started reading Scott Rogo's works.

I went to the Monroe Institute in April 2008, then found out about Bruce Moen's books. Now, I'm reading Moen's books while I'm rereading Seth. Gateway wasn't that great for me since I found myself "clicking out" while in the Cech unit all the time I was there. Meals were great, attendees very helpful, but found the week to be an expensive Rest & Recuperation.

Went to Gateway not knowing what to expect, and still haven't been able to "get" it, yet. Working on it, though. Was a psychology major in college so I'm respectful of how the mind operates in creating illusions, allusions, and delusions.

Immersing myself in Moen's books now, but wish I had read his works prior to the Gateway. Monroe's books opened my eyes, so to speak, about other consciousnesses, but no methodologies for getting There. Moen's works are more practical, as an engineer would have it always, and I've found them more helpful.

Can someone toss me some ideas on how to effectively get from Here to There?

Not a vegatarian, vegan, eat meat, don't meditate, drink coffee, alcohol sometimes, don't smoke, eat peanuts (a Scott Rogo No-No), and probably a bunch of other habits that makes it tough for me to get to There. Have the DVD's for Focus levels up to and including Focus 21. Use them now, but click out all the time.

Dear Ronny.
You have arrived at a very good place here.Here you will receive a great deal of sharing..I don;t know how old  you are...maybe compared to me younger...I think I am right there.
Seeking the Truth of What you Are is the most exciting journey there is in life.The most exciting and valuable element is finding it for yourself!!! Read the books,listen to us and all others.But finally you have to discover IT yourself!!You see no one can tell you where to start really..We all start from our own arena of ignorance/unknowing,not like anybody else.Its so unique its our peculiar and divinely personal journey.We have to start at the beginning of our life ...Birth..WE came to this world with a great and vast history. PAST lives with all of our Karma the things we did to others and that which was done to us.All through this is our long path of learning so it seems.So now we arrive in the NOW!NOW is the moment to start.,NOW is where you will find the True knowledge of who you really ARE!NOW is the the place where your emancipation will be known and realised.So look deeply into NOW.It holds all you need to know.Just look.Its all there.Be not afraid..Truth is beyond all human imagination.
Love Devayan

Awareness is the Divine Key
oilyrag5608  
IP Logged

Ronny

Reply #35 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 1:06pm

An understanding of events is not as impactful as experiencing the event. I agree with you totally. Hence, my attempt in obtaining the actual experiences.

IP Logged

Ronny

Reply #36 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 1:14pm

I just figured out how to quote within a quote by responding to posts with quotes.

Continuing .... I'm very left-brained so my "debilitation" is attributable to my need to understand events logically. Of course, earlier in my life I did experience a few OBE's and some psychic perceptions. I dismissed with them whent hey occured and continued to focus on my own development within the physical, mundane, logical world that follows rules and regulations. Of course, I'm certain there are rules and regulations that govern the spiritual state too, but due to their "infiniteness" we perceive the spiritual world as existing without rules and regulations.

I recall that Seth, in one of his discussions of Dreamwalkers in the dreamstate, the god-entity manifested it's externalization of creativity as a result of it's frustration with knowing it was creative but had no sublimation for that creativity. Somehow the god-entity self-created a channel, so to speak, to externalize it's own creative energies by creating each and every one of us. Through us, the god-entity continues to create. (I stand corrected if my interpretation of Seth in this area is incorrect.)

recoverer wrote on Nov 7th, 2008 at 1:29pm:
I've found that spiritual experiences have great value. This is especially true since spiritual experiences can take place in a manner where you are certain of what you're experiencing and understanding.  Considering things intellectually has never influenced me to the same degree. Truth doesn't have to accord to our logic.

IP Logged

Ronny

Reply #37 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 1:30pm

I'm revisiting Seth, as most of you can garner based on my comments in posts here.

Seth discusses the concept of "probable realities." The human mind creates thoughts. Even though each thought is not manifested in physical reality, ALL thoughts are created in the human mind (consciousness, I would guess) AND have probable reality lives. An example given by one of the Seth followers goes along these lines ...

Imagine a situation where you have to make a choice of either becoming a high falluting neurosurgeon or a lowly homeless person. If you chose to live out your physical life as a homeless person, your physical manifestation of that lifestyle is what you will experience in this world. On the other hand, the thought of becoming a neurosurgeon, at the time you were deciding what you wanted to be, was then created at that time, AND a "life" of a neurosurgeon was then created within one of your probable realities. Seth then said that the "life" of the neurosurgeon, as a thought form, would continue onwards by growing and developing within those parameters of a neurosurgeon.

Of course, this then led me to think about another choice: instead of a neurosurgeon that you and I have a vague understanding of, what if the other choice was to be an "Xyopphoneminc creature from ethereal planet JQY with 20 orbiting earthlike satellites?" First, is there such an existing planet? Or will my thought form, my probable reality, then create this Xyopphonmeminc creature, ad absurdum, to reside on this planet? Per Seth, yes, my thougts would have mainfested this Xyo... etc., and I would reside on it as it's ONE and only inhabitant, until I manifest other thought forms to populate it. Or will there have been other mass consciousnesses that would have aided me in manifesting this other thought?

The trickiness of the concepts disclosed by Seth can, and actually does, lead me to believe that I create my own realities, my own set of rules, my own existences. If this is true, then what is real? Or should I ask, what is unreal? Do we live in unreality (defined as not being of this physical earth world)?

betson wrote on Nov 7th, 2008 at 2:45pm:
Greetings,

Previously Ronnie said
" In the dreamstate, the learning process has no schedule
(as defined by passing of time, which is one of the greatest
benefits of the physical state),
and hence can go off tangentially to a literal infinity.
How is this shown by Monroe's research?"

On another thread, Spooky said "the consequences are enormous."

Going off to a literal infinity or determining the entire enormity of consequences can be established by a type of sampling. Infinity and enormity may not be possible to experience within one human lifetime.

Monroe went so many 'places,' both to know an area in depth and also to broaden the range of his explorations. The correlations and the variations he found led him to the experienced conclusion that he was sampling a literal infinity.

On one hand we can measure infinity forever; on another hand we can experience the attitudes that have created infinity forever.
To truly know infinity we must use both means.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #38 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 3:33pm

Ronny:

Perhaps this relates. I just had a meeting at work where we talked about a very complicated problem.  I had my own way of approaching the issue, but found it necessary to allow everybody else to have their say, even though this made the meeting more complicated and take longer. On the other hand, the other people that took part in the meeting came up with valid ideas that I didn't come up with.

Even if we could create just about any reality we want, one might find one's self alone if one doesn't consider the needs of everybody.

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #39 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 7:06pm

I can't state that this multiple-me-theory of Seth/Roberts is impossible, but I see major flaws in it:
When I create different parallel realities, what sense does it make to call this here-me AND the other version of me BOTH "me" or "I"? They are just two persons! Even when there are so called "bleed throughs", which are mysterious anyway.
Then, at what points are these alternate lives of "me" created? Only when I consciously want it? Or in every moment, so that it would take just the slightest timespan to create an infinity of me-versions? Or is there a cosmic tic-tic, a digital concept of time (which would lead to further complications), which with every tic would let every entity in the universe split off into multiple versions?

I can't get it together.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Ronny

Getting Back to Business ....
Reply #40 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 10:51am

I've been tied up with real world events recently and haven't attended to the spiritual side. Now, I'm back on track. I've been reading Bruce Moen's second book Vol II: Voyage Beyond Doubt. This is an easier read than the first volume. The first volume lacked war stories, so to speak, but it created a lot of base building with Bruce's initial set of experiences at Gateway and Lifeline.

I'm about finished with Vol II and have found the episode with the stripper girl, who found she had the talent to see the dead, to be fascinating. Not that it dealt with a stripper, but that her experiences, if taken out of context, would definitely be seen as psychotic. Over a short period of time, the stripper girl is able to see ghosts of Amish deceased men. Towards the end of her interaction with Bruce, she guides them to a white light, which served apparently to help the deceased to rise to focus 27. Of course, Bruce did mention in the volume that he had information from the physically largest Amish leader that Bruce would only reveal to the stripper in future interactions.

The experiences Bruce have can definitely be interpreted as psychotic, if taken out of context. With my personal acceptance of the fact that there are other worlds existing along with our physical world, Bruce's experiences are more understandable, and also acceptable.

In my one and only Gateway, a child psychiatrist was an attendee. She and I shared the same results: we didn't get it. In the few discussions I had with her, medical doctors are prone to the use of medication to "alleviate" these symptoms that Bruce and the stripper described.

My question: how does one know when experiencing these Focus phenomena that we aren't actually psychotic instead? Bruce was always concerned of this himself. I'm a physical realist, but once in the "thinking" stage, I'm always concerned my thoughts might evolve into psychosis, or even to the extreme, schizophrenia.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #41 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 11:07am

Greetings,

No one I've met that has gone through Bruce's books and methods came out psychotic.  That's my experience of three years here of listening to peoples' experiences and of having my own. Everyone who commits themselves to this process that I've been fortunate to meet here becomes more loving , kind, open to the goodness and potential goodness in our world.

Psychosis is fear-based. The afterlife is not fear-based. Your Guidance through the afterlife experiences is Love-based. You will find this trust in PUL igrows for you as you progress.  Smiley  Please don't be afraid.

Betson

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Ronny

Reply #42 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 11:15am

spooky2 wrote on Nov 12th, 2008 at 7:06pm:
I can't state that this multiple-me-theory of Seth/Roberts is impossible, but I see major flaws in it:
When I create different parallel realities, what sense does it make to call this here-me AND the other version of me BOTH "me" or "I"? They are just two persons! Even when there are so called "bleed throughs", which are mysterious anyway.
Then, at what points are these alternate lives of "me" created? Only when I consciously want it? Or in every moment, so that it would take just the slightest timespan to create an infinity of me-versions? Or is there a cosmic tic-tic, a digital concept of time (which would lead to further complications), which with every tic would let every entity in the universe split off into multiple versions?

I can't get it together.

Spooky

Excellent set of queries. After multiple readings of Seth (Seth must be reread multiple times in order for one to understand his concept of multiple personalities! LOL) I understand that these different versions of "me" you ask about, are there. Also, at the time of creation of YOUR thoughts, an infinite set of branching ramifications occur in the Seth world. AND each of these branches can continue to branch out on it's own with actualized realities in our physical world, and also probable realities that continue to branch forth in the Seth world. THIS REALLY DOES BEND MY IDEA OF THE DEFINITION OF "INFINITY." I mean, Seth is really talking about infinity being infinite.

Now, here's a little twist in my thinking. If what Seth, and even Monroe probably alludes to, says that the PAST, the PRESENT, and the FUTURE are here already then we as HERE entities cannot ALTER the existent past and future EXCEPT to live out pre-existing paths already created by other entities. We can choose what paths we follow that have already been created by others, and therein is the perceived concept of our ability to exercise FREE WILL, but we cannot make up our paths as we make choices.

We have a FREE WILL in that we choose already infinitely created numbers of paths, not that our choice actually makes a new set of paths. This is a mild distinction that reframes the concept of FREE WILL in the context of infinity. Our previous assumption that our physical realities were being created when we make choices in the future is incorrect per Seth. This is not the case, as all these choices we can ever make in our physical lifetime have already been created in the Seth world, but we as choosers have not experienced them from the perspective of our physical world.

The modifier, so to speak, of the results of our selecting what pre-existing, pre-created paths in the Seth world, is how other paths, selected by other physical humans, will interact with our paths. Even here, when another person selects a pre-existing path, and that person's selected path crosses our own path we have chosen by "free will," nothing non-existent is to be created, since even here, the cross of our path with other person's path would have already been existent in the Seth world. It just so happens that the other person chose a path that crossed with our own paths, and the branching from that point of the crossing was already existent, but not chosen. From our perspective it might appear that our FREE WILL got us to the point of the intersection between us and the other person, but in the spirit world, it was already there. It was already there, waiting to be "chosen."

I have to pat myself on the back for thinking this through. LOL

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #43 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 9:21pm

Hi Ronny,
so let's take the "choosing a path" model and have a look at it.

It remains the problem that when there are entities moving on a path in time, they are different entities than those who, at a branching point, chose another direction, "split off", so to say. Thus it would not be appropriate to speak of "other versions" or "parallel versions" of a person, if we not make the additional assumption that we speak not of our here-now-in-the-physical self but instead of a higher self which is containing all the split-offs of us; between these parts of a higher self then may be a form of information exchange take place, the so-called bleed-throughs. Or we don't allow split-offs, but then, if we keep the already existing path model, we had two types of paths: Those on which an entity is moving, and those which are "empty", we might call them "realized/manifested" vs. "virtual/unmanifested". But there's a problem. It doesn't make much sense to me to speak of those empty paths, as the entity moving on a path seems to be an integral part of the path itself. Imagine a path of a person, but without that person. That doesn't make much sense. So then, we have infinite paths of persons.

The practical value of this model is another question to consider. It would only make a difference if we in any way had access to more than one path at the same time. That's, in my understanding, is what Seth/Roberts called "bleed throughs". Because if access to only one path is possible, it just won't make any difference, we had our one world, and the infinite number of other paths just wouldn't matter to every single I here, now. The very, very most of informations of our other versions on different paths would be totally confusing and meaningless to us, as most paths, would be so different that we wouldn't recognize anything there, the more the longer the branch-off lies back in time.

Also remaining is the question after the circumstances under which branch-off points are set.

There's another funny thing coming from the infinite number of paths. When there is actually an infinite number of paths, meaning an infinite number of possibilities/realities, then there might be an infinite number of paths which are the same, given the possibility that a branch-off can be created, and in the following the differences of the two (or more) paths can be leveled out again. Even when the chances are very little, but not zero, we'd have an infinity of those same-paths.

Btw, the concept of free will doesn't sound very convincing to me, at least when the term is used as it is commonly used. We had a discussion about it here:
http://afterlife-knowledge.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1189351469/0

Well, sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be better to spend more time in meditation than thinking about these intellectual concepts...

What the psychotic aspect of these "journeys" belongs, the main thing is the ability to sort experiences into categories. Let's say we have a person who is an extensive daydreamer, but is not called a psychotic, that's because this person is able to distinguish between the world(s) of daydreams and the world of the common, normal, physical matter. If this person hadn't this ability, this person would be called psychotic (or whatever). We actually can interprete some psychotic experiences as perceptions coming from other realities than what is commonly considered as the normal physical reality, when these perceptions cannot be separated from, and confused with this physical reality. I think Bruce wrote about this concept (or a similar one) at least in his 5th book.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.