Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New kingdom on earth (Read 5475 times)
Alan McDougall

South Africa
Re: New kingdom on earth
Reply #15 - Oct 18th, 2008 at 3:45am

devayan..

Quote:
believe there is a counter force to entropy Alan..Its human consciousness....acka "The Never Ending Story" The sun may be cooling down but that will only affect us on Planet Earth Millions of Years in the Future.It has no bearing on our Earthly situation right now.Its not worth talking about actually.It doesn't help the human condition at this time.

I said the sun would cool down and turn into a red gaint in about six billion years

But George asked if we are going to live forever on an eternal earth and I said no

But your point is taken as far as us mere mortal that time span is as good as eternal to us

I have two brothere and their families living in Ausie, one in Sydney and the other in Bribane

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #16 - Oct 19th, 2008 at 8:10am

recoverer wrote on Oct 16th, 2008 at 1:52pm:
Sort of related to Alysia's 100th monkey theory, what if love energy vibrates in a manner so that when it makes contact with other energy, perhaps packets of fear or hate, love causes this negative energy to be transformed into love?
Does anybody know if it's possible for energy that vibrates at a fast rate to alter energy that vibrates at a slower rate? Robert Monroe's LOOSH story seems to suggest this.

not sure if my answer would be in answer to this question, yet somewhere on this board Ian answers this in a way, about how a teacher can change the vibrations in the room with his own energy. I don't think packets of fear, or hate is appropriate descriptional terminology, as hate and fear do not live inside a person as a packet. hate and fear are not things in that sense.

what a person feels, as an emotional factor can be transmuted by love, of the unconditional sort, yet the habitual feelings will return to that person once they are not in the same area of that sender's proximity, because a person has to change their belief system before the emotional content changes of their being.

but I see where u are heading with this thought...PUL has a mind expanding potential. it also expands the sensory system, and effects pockets of disease within the body physical.

It would seem, a person can generate an electrical field around them with this PUL, and we call it presence sometimes. they then can use this electrical field to project an astral body, for purposes of healing, exploration, etc.
some people who walk into a room can generate attention without saying a word. In some cases it is PUL doing the talking.
Or u could say their energy field is touching the other's energy field, which promotes the attention factor. because we are all recognizing what PUL is. It is one mind, joined in PUL.
as I see it, each person must realize it from within, you can't get love from another person that is stable love, but you can get a lot of boost from others, which helps a lot.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #17 - Oct 19th, 2008 at 8:18am

Heck!! I keep making keystroke errors My eyes are stll adjusting

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #18 - Oct 19th, 2008 at 4:52pm

Alan McDougall wrote on Oct 19th, 2008 at 8:18am:
Heck!! I keep making keystroke errors My eyes are stll adjusting

Alan

how long will  it take did the doctor say Alan, for your eyes to completely adjust? maybe you don't want to strain your eyes right now?

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #19 - Oct 26th, 2008 at 12:41pm

Quote:
I was just wondering what your definition of a literalist is? Could one not be a literalist about the afterlife?

I've been thinking about this a little for a while now. Clearly one needs to define one's terms!

'Literal' used to mean to me something that could be defined in physical terms or in physical reality. I guess I think it is a characteristic of C1.

Do I think that Jesus (as he appeared 2000 years ago) wll literally return in the physical and the lions will play with the lambs?

Probably not.

But then I am left with the problem of defining (for myself if for no one else) what is symbolic and what that means. For instance, when I read a poem that resonates with me, and I know the symbolism is not meant to be taken literally, then what is happening? What is Reality?

And are there...things...that are literally true even though not expressed physically?

I think you mean to say that 'literal' means that it is real (whatever real means). Did anyone ever refer to the afterlife as merely symbolic?

One thing related to this that tickles my mind is noticing how spiritual truths can be taken different ways....each person thinks they have the 'literal' meaning.

This morning as I moived through the tv channels, one caught my ear. An eveangelical type minister was quoting New Testament verses and commenting on them.  It struck me that what he was saying was pretty close in essence to what some things in The Secret say, and to some things that Eckard Tolle writes. Yet from the results, I would guess that each group interprets the same thing slightly differently. This illustrates some of the problem of defining what 'literal' means.

I like the symbolic level but I don't know why.

I also like Blake:

Little lamb, who made thee?
Dost thou know who made thee,
Gave thee life, and bade thee feed
By the stream and o’er the mead;
Gave thee clothing of delight,
Softest clothing, wooly, bright;
Gave thee such a tender voice,
Making all the vales rejoice?
Little lamb, who made thee?
Dost thou know who made thee?

Little lamb, I’ll tell thee;
Little lamb, I’ll tell thee:
He is called by thy name,
For He calls Himself a lamb,
He is meek, and He is mild,
He became a little child;
I a child, and thee a Lamb,
We are called by His Name.
Little lamb, God bless thee!
Little lamb, God bless thee!

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #20 - Oct 26th, 2008 at 7:35pm

I guess Einstein would say it's all relative Lucy.

nice poem. I found a tune on the internet by Tom T. Hall, I think.

when you talk to a goat you say Baaaa!

when you talk to a chicken you say cluck cluck.

you don't say meow to a cow.

you don't say cluck cluck to a baby goat. you say baaaaa!

lol.

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #21 - Oct 26th, 2008 at 9:56pm

Quote Lucy: "For instance, when I read a poem that resonates with me, and I know the symbolism is not meant to be taken literally, then what is happening? What is Reality?"
It's just that our means of perception aren't working as some modern models are suggesting, that everything comes in bit for bit and then these bits are connected. It's more like whole packages, like Monroe's rotes, so that we know precisely a whole situation, without being able to tell about the details.
We are context-sensitive. When we hear about lions and lambs within a context, we know for example it means peace on earth.
There is this thing called "Nonverbal communication". That's something one becomes familiar with when meditating in the TMI- and Bruce Moen-style. You don't know what you communicated in words, but still you know it- only it takes some effort to express it in words afterwards, and never the wording is totally correct. I guess we all do this nonverbal thing, but in it's pure form it is so different from our verbal thinking/communicating, that it can be scary sometimes, as it is a bit like loosing structure and control.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.