Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New kingdom on earth (Read 5453 times)
george stone

Afterlife Knowledge Member

New kingdom on earth
Oct 13th, 2008 at 5:51pm

Do you beleive Jesus is coming back to set up his kingdom on earth?he said he will plant in there minds and hearts and change there way,and there will be no more hate in them,they will work there land and grow there own food,and his kingdom will last for ever and ever

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Re: New kingdom on earth
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2008 at 12:35pm

George,

The bible says that, but the earth is not eternal, our sun is getting cooler very slowly and will expand into red giant and burn up the earth in the distant future.

Also the Book of Revelation states that the heaven and earth will pass away and god will make a new heaven and earth, unlike this one and it is there that one can exist forever.

There is fundamental law or constant called entropy that makes it impossible for our universe and world to exist forever. Entropy just really means the whole universe is getting colder and colder or putting it another way it is running out slowly of useful energy just like our earth and sun is

Take Care

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #2 - Oct 14th, 2008 at 3:19pm

I don't know, but perhaps it will come through us. Anybody who lives according to love brings the Christ spirit into the World.

I couldn't tell you everything the Bible has to say about the matter, but when I read the beginning of Thessalonians (I can't remember which one), and other places, it seems as if Paul was telling Christians of his time period that Christ would come again while they were alive; therefore, they should endure the travails they were going through. It doesn't seem like Christ did come again during Paul's time period.

People also refer to the Book of Revelations, which sure seems to be about the time period in which it was written, as a message about the second coming. If it was relevant to the time period, how could a second coming be coming.

It is kind of ironic.  There are Christians today who believe in the rapture who aren't concerned about things such as the environment and national debt (Ronald Reagan was one of these people), because they believe that when the rapture takes place these things won't matter. Yet, yet, they figure John, despite all of the tribulations Christians from his time period were exeperiencing at the hands of the Roman empire (sometimes referred to as satan in the Bible),  didn't have his own time period in mind when he wrote the Book of Revalations. Rather, he was concerned about people two thousand years or so in the future.
« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2008 at 7:46pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #3 - Oct 14th, 2008 at 4:11pm

Recoverer,

Quote:
It is kind of ironic.  There are Christians today who believe in the rapture who aren't concerned about things such as the environment and national debt (Ronald Reagan was one of these people), because they believe that when the rapture takes place these things won't matter

The rapture is not scriptural but an event concocted by an 19 centaury theologian

It is just a dogma of escapism, some people have believed this type of thing to the extent that they gave away all their possessions and waited on a mountain at the precise moment they believed Jesus was coming to fetch them The Millerrites now known as Seventh Day Adventists

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 14th, 2008 at 6:00pm

George, just think of what he's already done for you!

People, I swear, they just want a piece of you. I mean, if you're like Jesus, in demand, like he is.

The kingdom of God is within you, George, love, blink

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #5 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 9:32pm

my opinion is the rapture is an internal affair which sort of turns into a wave, but it starts with the individual who then effects the next person and all whom they come in contact with...sort of the 100th monkey is born with new talents then, just knowing already what the others had to learn by trial and error. encoded into the DNA with the new births..sort of. hard to talk about stuff in the bible, as you gotta realize, they had a different language then, a different life style. like burning bushes, that's a symbol for getting a guides message. I'm sure no bush caught on fire, and if it did, it was just a way to get him to listen to his inner voice,  as fire gets attention.

the mind at attention, is an awesome place to be born new ideas of significance to the rest of us..

but rapture, it signifies energy wave to me, all is energy. even our bodies are broken down to energy particles in movement..

we're not as solid as we think we are. and neither is our surroundings.
love, alysia

oh wait, hi George!  yes, I think we will someday allow heaven to be one with Earth. however, I'm not giving you a date!  Smiley

and by the time earth disappears, I assure you it won't matter to us here now, but just as it disappears, some other planet is born, the way I see it.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #6 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 10:44pm

Alysia

I like your avatar puppy, I love dogs of al sizes shapes and colors

Quote:
and by the time earth disappears, I assure you it won't matter to us here now, but just as it disappears, some other planet is born, the way I see it.

You are right the scientists say the earth will endure for at least another six billion years. Humanity mortal or otherwise would have been long long gone by  then

Love

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #7 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 11:08pm

George, after all those years of reciting that I believe in the resurrection of the body, I had to start to learn that if the kingdom of God is within, what do you need a body for?

Are you a literalist? I am curious as to why a literalist would be interested in afterlife stuff.

IP Logged

Mark

Yakima, WA
Reply #8 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 11:15am

Hello -I don't post too much but I follow your conversations closely -

I was just wondering what your definition of a literalist is? Could one not be a literalist about the afterlife?

I believe the "Kingdom of God" or realm of the spirit is both within and without -I believe this literally, not as faith or belief but as fact based on my experiences.

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #9 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 12:17pm

I don't think that Jesus is coming back to earth to set up a kingdom. That's not saying he hasn't reincarnated or will not incarnate again. He may have that need or there may be others of his disk group that require him to do that in order to progress. (It could be that we are all apart of that same group.) I don't think that he would need to set up a kingdom, with him at the top or as the king. As this would not reflect love but be an expression of ego.
Joe

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #10 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 1:52pm

Sort of related to Alysia's 100th monkey theory, what if love energy vibrates in a manner so that when it makes contact with other energy, perhaps packets of fear or hate, love causes this negative energy to be transformed into love? This transformed energy will in turn transform other negative energy. If enough people release love energy, it could make a difference. Perhaps this could be a second coming.

Does anybody know if it's possible for energy that vibrates at a fast rate to alter energy that vibrates at a slower rate? Robert Monroe's LOOSH story seems to suggest this.
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2008 at 7:23pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #11 - Oct 17th, 2008 at 11:57pm

When your Savior comes back --- He/She will appear to your eyes and faith as YOU want he/she to be. That is the truth.

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Oct 18th, 2008 at 12:18am

Hi Recoverer. Don't know about the science, but for sure love energy (or lack of it transmits) - some can transform the vibe in a group very quickly.

Mind seems capable of causing all sorts of energetic influences - from a Tibetan lama I've experienced who caused very striking energetic shifts in a room, to my own experience of switching a lamp when emotionally upset.

You'd be familiar I'm sure with ideas of transmission in Buddhism or I think satsang (?) as (if I have it right) it's called in vedanta - as in the case where a realised person transmits the essence of the realised mind state to those around.

Whatever the terminology it's a widely held view that we're all connected at higher levels of mind.

I don't know if the prime mover mind exerts is energy - isn't there a view in quantum theory that intention interacts with energy to create matter, and vice versa?

I guess as Identcat says pretty much any being we perceive (whether spiritual or relative) is a manifestation of higher mind, in other words of Spirit? - that is brought into existence by the intention of higher mind.

So I suppose the Christ energy can manifest as anything from a herd of cows to a replica of the figure in a holy picture - anytime, anyplace, any form, to suit any tradition. It's all perhaps a matter of higher will/intention...

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #13 - Oct 18th, 2008 at 1:16am

identicat

Quote:
When your Savior comes back --- He/She will appear to your eyes and faith as YOU want he/she to be. That is the truth

How do you know this? Are you sure ?

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

devayan

Australia
Reply #14 - Oct 18th, 2008 at 3:26am

Alan McDougall wrote on Oct 14th, 2008 at 12:35pm:
George,

The bible says that, but the earth is not eternal, our sun is getting cooler very slowly and will expand into red giant and burn up the earth in the distant future.

Also the Book of Revelation states that the heaven and earth will pass away and god will make a new heaven and earth, unlike this one and it is there that one can exist forever.

There is fundamental law or constant called entropy that makes it impossible for our universe and world to exist forever. Entropy just really means the whole universe is getting colder and colder or putting it another way it is running out slowly of useful energy just like our earth and sun is

Take Care

Alan

I believe there is a counter force to entropy Alan..Its human consciousness....acka "The Never Ending Story" The sun may be cooling down but that will only affect us on Planet Earth Millions of Years in the Future.It has no bearing on our Earthly situation right now.Its not worth talking about actually.It doesn't help the human condition at this time.

Awareness is the Divine Key
oilyrag5608  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.