Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: How many OOB experiences have you had?

« Last Modified by: Inventech5 on: Oct 10th, 2008 at 5:31pm »

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How many OOB experiences have you had? (Read 2421 times)
Inventech5

How many OOB experiences have you had?
Oct 10th, 2008 at 5:31pm

I personally haven't yet experienced one yet. Undecided

IP Logged

tgecks

Dahlonega, Georgia
Re: How many OOB experiences have you had?
Reply #1 - Oct 11th, 2008 at 9:56am

Invent-

I would submit to you that you have, indeed, had them but that you simply did not recognize them as such. Have you read Bruces Afterlife Knowledge Guidebook? It REALLY helped me re-frame my experiences, which I was trying to fit in someone else's expedriences. I realized that all along, while I thought I was having an "in to booth" experience at Monroe, I was truly out of body and just did not realize it. Please consider reading the second half of Bruce's 5th book (AKG), and perhaps we can discuss this farther...

Thomas

IP Logged

Cricket

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #2 - Oct 11th, 2008 at 11:53am

My answer was 3-5...I haven't had the time or the energy (widow running a farm, even a tiny one, alone is a little busy... Wink  ) to work at it, but I've had a few sponateous "trips".

The first I remember was when I was four - just out across the back yard and back.  Most of them have been like that, but since I know I can do it, I don't think it will be really hard to get it under concious control when I get the time.

At this point, if I sit still, I fall asleep...  Grin

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #3 - Oct 12th, 2008 at 5:06pm

I agree with Thomas. How do you discribe your OBE's.  I have read Bruce's books and have re-awakened my memories of my past experiences in "dreamland".  I had difficulty understand the difference between day dreaming and lucid dreaming or the difference between astral traveling aka obe's and locale 1, 2 and 3 traveling.  I have tried to use the focuse levels of Bob Munroe to help define my travels and Bruce's 5th book certainly put my lucid dreaming into perspectiive.  His "imagine" that you are doing---- has been a great confirmaiton of the lucid dreaming I have always been doing all my life, but I never had a valid name/title for it.

This is something I have been doing all my life, since my birth and never gave a thought to the labels of my experiences.  Had my parents not just labeled them as dreams and sent me to a psychicatrist instead, I would have been locked away for being split personality and one who didn't know what reality really was.

This forum is a God send for persons like myself who are not afraid to further develope what is an inate ,inherent gift of who we really are.

This poll is a wonderful opportunity to look into one's self and say" Hey--- so that's what I have been doing all these years.  I'm not just day dreaming!!"
Thank you all for being here for me.

Love and Light--Carol ann

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #4 - Oct 13th, 2008 at 2:55pm

I agree with what Thomas and Carol Ann wrote. Initially I had about 10 OBEs with all the effects. Eventually things reached the point where effects weren't necessary. Waking dreams, lucid dreams, regular dreams, mental traveling and OBEs have a lot in common. It is more of a matter of what the experience represents, than how the experience takes place.

« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2008 at 7:46pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

Ginny

Wa
Reply #5 - Oct 13th, 2008 at 3:55pm

Howdy,

BBM (before Bruce Moen.......... Smiley) I experienced a few spontaneous OOBEs, and one at will where I, interestingly enough, did so by 'just pretending to float up to my ceiling'. I decided to give pretending a try because I just could not have OOBEs at will...and when I was floating up near the ceiling I realized I was watching someone else move around in the room and instantly knew everything they were thinking. It hit then that I was really OOB and the shock made me zap right back into my body.

And, while reading Bruce's first book years ago I started having spontaneous OOBEs (classic roaring noise, vibrations, slowly pulling up and out, feeling of flying at breakneck speed head first). It stopped after a few weeks and I would have been so disappointed had it not been for Bruce's discoveries. He helped me realize that I didn't have to experience OOB anything, in order to explore various states of consciousness. Bruce had figured out what Bob Monroe had experienced and written about in his 3rd book; that going within and shifting one's Focus of Attention was easier, quicker and so much more reliable.  Having to think you are out of your body is not necessary.

So, sorry for being long-winded..... Roll Eyes.

Much love,

Ginny

"Intelligence is knowing that which is important." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #6 - Oct 14th, 2008 at 12:24pm

There are different types or ways of OOBE The conscious real out of body type and the lucid dreaming type

If you are referring to the conscious type I had some when I was younger but stopped doing this type in preference to the Bruce Moen lucid dreaming method

I would say of the conscious type where you are awake and know you have left your physical body , maybe 30/40 the other type too many to remember. I will there just post the conscious type

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Still_Living

Canada
Reply #7 - Oct 30th, 2008 at 12:35pm

So far I had none.  Sad
I have to admit, 3 times during my meditation practices I think I was approaching the state of OOB.
The very first time I've seen (my eyes closed) extreamely bright (like never before) flash of light. I got excited and that was it.
Two times I reached the state of vibrations - now I know how it feels  Cheesy.
Again, both times I got excited, lost tranquility, thus did not progress furthe to OBE.  Sad
I guess I'm on the right way though...  Undecided Am I??
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2008 at 8:04pm by Still_Living »  

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #8 - Oct 30th, 2008 at 1:50pm

As with others already posted, my OBE's have been numerous. Most of them while meditating or while phasing and during sleep. My awake time OBE's have been few. only six time that I can recall at this point. Although there was a long period of my life where I had no explanation for many moments of experience. Its only been the past 10 years or so, after I got interested in a differant overview, that my experiences became explainable via the given explanations and names as shaired by both Bob and Bruce. Until that point , I really had no idea what the heck was going on nor did I have an explanation for them. Nor had I words to explain them.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.