Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Most 'WOW' moment (Read 3441 times)
pedigree

Most 'WOW' moment
Oct 7th, 2008 at 6:34am

What is the most convincing moment you have had confirming your immortality?

Thanks,
Pedigree

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Re: Most 'WOW' moment
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 11:38am

When I died and was taken back to before the big bang. Indeed God seemed to alone in the dark and HEAlan McDougall thinking about these words.

I can not explain it but I was myself at the same moment I perceived everything as if I were GOD

"Let there be light"

Love

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #2 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 3:25pm

Alan

You said:

Quote:
Indeed God seemed to alone in the dark

There are a couple of reasons why I do not agree with this. 

First of all, Source Consciousness, or God, most certainly exists on a level far outside of our physical concept of time.  I believe that on the level of Source, all things happen simultaneously.  In other words, God exists in an eternal moment in which all things that have happened in a past or future are occurring in the present now.  Therefore it is impossible for God to ever have been alone or ignorant(same as in the dark, or having lack of knowledge, which is light). 

Secondly, your statement seems to assume that the physical universe is the only system that exists, and before the big bang- the creation of the physical universe- there existed nothing.  This is false.  There are an infinite number of different systems of experience, and I am sure the physical system is not the oldest or the first.   

Another thing I'd like to mention is that God, AllThatIs/Source Consciousness, is not the only one creating worlds and universes, for all consciousness, no matter how undeveloped, has these same powers of creation, although they may be latent to whatever extent the being is developed.  For all we know, our physical universe could have been created by a very advanced consciousness with incredible creative powers, yet still far removed from the level of Source Consciousness.

Just some things to ponder.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

hawkeye

Afterlife Knowledge Member

canada
Reply #3 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 3:32pm

For me pedigree, it was my first recognisable out of body experience. Knowing that I really am more that just the body. It is an amazing and life changing experience. I am not sure if immortality is the right word for it.
You hit the nail right on the head OOBD

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #4 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 4:29pm

Out Of b

Quote:
Secondly, your statement seems to assume that the physical universe is the only system that exists, and before the big bang- the creation of the physical universe- there existed nothing.  This is false.  There are an infinite number of different systems of experience, and I am sure the physical system is not the oldest or the first.  

What I peceived was the creative act (or word if you like) for our physical universe not the infinity of others,

Our universe had a beginning and it will have an end due to the relentless law of entropy

Our universe was created by God and not some highly evolved alien life form. I know this!!

And you are right everything emerged from that single source we call God

And please dont read and interpret things I never said in my post

Alan

I assume no such thing,I saw what I saw and heard what I heard.

Surely by now you would have gleaned a little about me

There are countless other dimensions, realms heavens . universes great and small

Another thing I'd like to mention is that God, AllThatIs/Source Consciousness, is not the only one creating worlds and universes, for all consciousness, no matter how undeveloped, has these same powers of creation, although they may be latent to whatever extent the being is developed.  For all we know, our physical universe could have been created by a very advanced consciousness with incredible creative powers, yet still far removed from the level of Source Consciousness.

Just some things to ponder. [/quote]
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2008 at 12:29am by Alan McDougall »  

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #5 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 4:45pm

Alan

What you said was that before the big bang-which is the creation of our physical universe- God was alone and in the dark- obviously meaning there was nothing before the physical universe. 

I just wanted to comment that from my perspective this idea is false for the reasons I gave.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #6 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 4:52pm

Hawkeye

I agree, with my first out of body experience came the realization that I am much more than my physical body, and that there exists more dimensions than just this one- however, none of this seemed to prove my immortality. 

I experience the reality of my immortality through direct knowing when I venture to higher realms to existence while out of body or in other altered states of consciousness.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #7 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 4:52pm

Greetings,

My confirmation of WOW came from verified visits to the afterlife -- personal experience.
They showed some parts of immortality but the whole package has been put together by wiser and more adventurous explorers than I, and I'll take their word for it since they are (more adventurous and wiser.)

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #8 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 5:50pm

Some confusion to the question may arise from the meening of the word itself ...immortal.
Oxford..living forever, unfading, likely or worthy to be famous for all time, person of enduring fame, gods of antiquity

Therefor I don't feel that I am "immortal". I am no God, not worthy of being famous, and I will not "live" forever. (exist perhaps) I do know that I will only experience body death, but I will continue to exist as a being that is "more than my physical body" ( thanks Bob) That's what the OOB experiences I have had, have shown me.

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 7:38pm

I consider what I have as a 'knowing' but cannot tell you that there was a specific moment during which I identified my own immortality. Instead, I would say that there have been multiple moments in which I have experienced a much greater sense of self, unrelated to ego. This greater sense of self is able to drop the assumptions made while living in an earthly realm. It recognizes all as good, it recognizes all as part of who 'it' is, and 'it' is able to fully experience and express love. This greater self loves all and forgives all and respects the paths that each of us walks. The 'little' self is much different from the greater self, or sees itself as different. It sees itself as small. But it is not small at all. It is this largeness, this love that envelopes all, that is my most amazing discovery. Within the 'memory' of this greater self, the little/small self can notice much more, and also leave behind much more. Is that vague enough?

The WOW factor is always love, seen in new and refreshing ways, and experienced with greater confidence.

There have been many surprises along the way, and much help from others, but I have a particular foundation now which was not evident to me before I opened my mind to possibility.

love, blink

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #10 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 9:25pm

One of my WOW factors: when I did the retrieval of some one who was dying of cancer. I did not know that she passed. I saw her during the ramdom retrieval, I said ---Oh--you're here.
My mother called me within that hour and said that her dear friend's daughter passed away an hour ago.

I said---WOW

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #11 - Oct 8th, 2008 at 10:48am

Pedigree
For myself , it was my first full conscious out of body experience. Knowing that I really am more that just the body. It was  amazing and life changing experience.
Then the second was a retrieval with verifiable account of his passing with verifiable information. Cool
That did it. Wink
R.

IP Logged

Starboom

Norway
Reply #12 - Oct 8th, 2008 at 4:42pm

identcat wrote on Oct 7th, 2008 at 9:25pm:
One of my WOW factors: when I did the retrieval of some one who was dying of cancer. I did not know that she passed. I saw her during the ramdom retrieval, I said ---Oh--you're here.
My mother called me within that hour and said that her dear friend's daughter passed away an hour ago.

I said---WOW

hah, I'd say WOW too if I experienced that!

One more season.

IP Logged

pedigree

Reply #13 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 8:04am

Romain wrote on Oct 8th, 2008 at 10:48am:
Pedigree

Then the second was a retrieval with verifiable account of his passing with verifiable information. Cool
That did it. Wink
R.

Now that's a WOW Shocked  Romain...(would you mind sharing the details of the verification?)
I am getting closer to a personal  'confirmation' myself but all I can go by so far is what I have read from a wide range of people basically telling the one truth. BUT until I personally get that subjective proof MYSELF I will hold off on the WOW for now Wink

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #14 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 3:12pm

I've had a number of wow moments, so it is hard to pick just one. Below are some experiences I've shared on this forum before.

-One was my night in heaven experience. This was back when I was an atheist/agnostic.  One night, for whatever reason, I found myself in a heavenly realm.  It started with my understanding that the person of Jesus Christ did exist, and he plays a key part in divine reality. This was an automatic knowing. I was able to think according to my old way of understanding plus according to what I understood during this experience. It really surprised me to see that Christ is a part of divine reality. I couldn't provide you with the details, but what I felt didn't feel restrictive like fundamentalism.

I continued to experience a light realm but without thoughts of Christ.  I understood that I shared a realm with many beings, yet I didn't see nor hear anybody. The happiness level was absolutely wonderful.  The problems of the World were completely gone. It was such a relief.  Not only did I understand that the afterlife existed, I completely understood how it was possible for it to exist without having to think about it. It was a natural knowing. It was like, "Oh yeah, this is how it is."  I also felt like this is where I belong and what reality is actually about. When the experience ended I saw a bright star flash and figured it was a symbol for Christ.

When the experience was over I was really dissapointed to find myself back in the World. For whatever reason, I forgot about this experience for years. When I got around to remembering it, I remembered it better than I did the days that immediately followed the experience.  I can't experience the full impact of the experience simply by thinking about it, but I do remember this. When I had the experience I was absolutely certain about what I was experiencing and understanding.

In a way this experience was like a near death experience without a close to death event taking place.

-One night while doing guard duty when I was in the Army, I first understood that this World isn't what I imagined it to be, and then I understood with complete certainty that I'm not the body based person I believed myself to be. I understood that I was some kind of spirit being, without completely understanding what this meant. I also understood without a shadow of a doubt that there is no such thing as  a particular moment of time or a particular location. I also understood how it is possible for God to be everywhere.  I also understood how amazing it is that anything exists at all.

-One night I was meditating and trying to open up to love. My spirit guidance showed me the remote control to my television set. At first I thought they were suggesting I forget about it and just watch TV. Then I realized they were suggesting that I switch the channel as I meditate. I tried to do so but couldn't. I said: "I'll do it one of these days." My guidance replied: "We know." They said it in such a tender and understanding way I let go and opened up to divine love more than I ever had before. I felt like I was in touch with the most beautiful thing possible, even though I didn't see nor hear anything. The next night while I lay in bed awake with my eyes closed, I saw a white light flash, and I was told: "Anytime you want." I know my guidance was talking about my divine love experience.

-One night I had three back to back dreams where I had to find the inconsistencies before the dreams would come to an end. It seemed like a week passed during the first dream. As the third dream came to an end I understood with absolute certainty that my dreams were created by an intelligence beyond my own intelligence.  When I woke up I was in an expanded state of consciosness with lots of energy running through me. I heard a voice say: "Just as you found inconsistencies in your dreams, find inconsistencies in your waking state."  I asked if I'm in contact with my I-there (disk). I could hear and feel numerous voices respond yes. They were really happy that I finally made contact with them.  I could see white points of light flash around my room, and I figure these came from my I-there members. I say I-there rather than disk, because I hadn't read anything by Bruce Moen at this time.

There are a bunch of other experiences that convinced me, but these came to mind first. Regarding my first OBE, I had one years ago without knowing that such a thing exists. The next day I went to the library and for some reason grabbed a book off of a shelf without knowing what it was about, and it was about astral projection. It described what I experienced the night before.

« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2008 at 7:35pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.