Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dead or alive? (Read 842 times)
Inventech5

Dead or alive?
Oct 5th, 2008 at 12:43pm

If someone dies while they're sleeping, how will they realize that they're dead?

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Re: Dead or alive?
Reply #1 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 5:06pm

It depends on the individual.  Some people do not even realize they are dead when they die while awake, so its hard to say that everyone will even be able to make that realization immediately or without help. 

If I were to die while sleeping, I am pretty sure I would be aware of what happened.  There are physical and psychological triggers which bring our consciousness back to our bodies while we are sleeping, and I am pretty sure physical death would trigger our consciousness back to our bodies during the moments of death. 

If this did not occur, the knowledge of my death would most likely be directly experienced while in the dream state, and rather than coming back to my body and then phasing into higher nonphysical realms, I would go from whichever nonphysical realm I was in during sleep directly to my nonphysical afterlife destination.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: Dead or alive?
Reply #2 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 5:54pm

Also, InvenTech,

You and the people here are very interested in the afterlife, so I expect we are all aware that these different states of consciousness are important. You would notice the differences--that in the afterlife you move through 'space' and physical matter differently,  the incredible light, etc.
I suspect the souls who are unaware of their transition to the afterlife are rather unaware of many aspects of their lives.
You will not have that problem.  Smiley

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.