Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
my friend needs some help (Read 2425 times)
bird

my friend needs some help
Oct 3rd, 2008 at 9:38am

Hi everyone -

My friend Nick is an atheist. He believe there is no god, no afterlife, no nothing. It makes me sad because I believe that life would carry more meaning for him if he did believe that his spirit lives on. He's currently unemployed and just broke up with his girlfriend. Things are kind of tough for him right now.

I've showed him various writings on the subject, and he doesn't buy into it. One thing I do know is that he misses his father very much. His dad passed away around 1990 - not sure of the exact year. Apparently he was drunk and wrapped his car around a telephone poll.

If someone could reach out out Nick's dad and explain to him that I want to help Nick raise his awareness, I'm hoping that his dad might offer some information that I could share with him that no one else could possibly know. If I could put that info in front of Nick, it just might change how he feels. Or at least start the wheels turning.

Nick's father's name was James B. O'Brien. He was born 11/52. He also has a son named Gavin.

If anyone wouldn't mind giving it a shot, it would mean so much to me. Thanks!

Robin

IP Logged

PhantasyMan

Québec
Re: my friend needs some help
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 10:43am

Hi Robin,

If your friend is too closed minded, he would probably not feel or be aware of his father help.  I know this is sad.  Hopefuly, pain and hard life experiences are there to teach and 'crack' useless beliefs.

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 3:41pm

Hi Robin It is really hard to get someone you care about to beleive in spirit or God when they are an athiest,oneday he will come to terms with losing his dad as his dad knows whats happening to him,if he asks his dad to visit him in dream state even though it may not happen straight away,his dad will eventually come into his dream as when he sleeps his mind is more open to spirit ,if he does not ask ,you can ask his dad to visit him in dream state.

You can pray for him and ask God to send love and light into his heart and to give him courage and strength to get through this bad time he's having and also to help him open up his heart to God as prayer is very powerful

I will ask God to send him love light and healing and i will also ask his dad to visit him in dream state to help him to deal with his greif and the tough time he's going through.

Keep praying for him Robin ,he will eventually begin to move on the path of life that has been set before him.

Love and God bless   love juditha

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #3 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 5:05pm

Hi Robin, Juditha said what I was going to say. I'll just add that
your prayer is just as strong as another's prayer is if not stronger because this is your friend.
love is the bond that makes prayers come true. as well, every atheist has a higher self. you can try to contact his higher self and ask what's up.
love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

bird

Reply #4 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 5:44pm

thank so much for your replies. i must admit that i've never been one to pray, and that's not for any reason like not believing in prayer, etc. it's just something i haven't pursued. perhaps i've linked prayer to being religious, which i don't consider myself. i am a very spiritual being, however, and i do believe in god, a collective consciousness, etc.

and i do believe in jesus, however i am unsure of his connection to god. anyway - i digress Smiley i want to pray. but to whom? if we all embody "god" and god isn't a being, who am i praying too?

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #5 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 6:49pm

every time you make a wish, it is really a prayer.

every time you set an intention it is really a prayer.

you don't have to believe in God to have it manifest in your life. You do not have to believe in JC either to have what you wish manifest.

it is your mind that activates the process of wish fulfillment, along with your desire. if u set an intention, say you want to send boost to someone (boost is a sort of thumbs up energy to someone) they receive it in a moment when they are receptive.

the same if you are thinking angry thoughts towards them, they will receive this too on some level.
Now if you include in your intention setting area, the thought of what is the highest good to occur, despite what you may wish to outpicture of your own self, you have done a prayer, even if you're not thinking that a higher being is listening. In the collective mind, we are all One being, and the collective is listening.

we do not know the power of our own minds. I have been able to get what I wanted, but it was not prayer.
It was something I wanted but was not the highest good I could have asked for just as well.
this creates suffering to get what u want, and find out that's not what you wanted at all, but it also creates wisdom to suffer from errors, to know of this power we have, and not call upon the highest good, is to risk getting a problem you now have to get rid of.
In this, what u r asking for, is for someone else, their good, their knowledge. it is like a prayer in that it is an unselfish motive.

all unselfish motives move much faster than solely selfish motives, for it is love that speeds it on rather than fear. it is concern for other that makes prayer, or intention work.
God is, we could call God the Light. It is in our minds and related to Love. PUL is unconditional love, pure because, there is no self interest in it's operation.
using PUL in your affirmations, your intentions, your creative personal reality areas, your work, wherever you're at, produces the highest good.
An atheist is obsessed with God. in his obsession he attempts to deny God is. what you deny becomes karma.
Only God can release him from karma. Since you love him, you are closer to God, with this love. you extend the love, it helps to open his mind to his good.

btw, tell him the word good and the word god are related words. he will understand love, he can understand god later.

IP Logged

Cricket

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #6 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 9:11am

One thing that has worked for me in similar circumstances is to make sure that the person realizes that there is no necessary connection between belief in a god, or religion, and belief in an afterlife.  They *can* be connected - they don't have to be.  Going on to an afterlife could be like going from caterpillar to butterfly - an process of nature that just happens.

Sometimes it's easier for people with no religion and no belief in god to change one facet of their life view at a time...having to suddenly swallow the idea of an afterlife, *and* a god, *and*, possibly, also a religion, is a big change.  Accepting just the one thing is a little easier.

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #7 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 10:56am

Greetings too,

Bird, you said :
" if we all embody "god" and god isn't a being, who am i praying too?"

I get confused by that too, but, as I just found when praying for Mother Earth, there are centers of Supreme consciousness / intelligence that are there.
'there?' Cheesy  Well, somewhere--they exist. We can go ahead and appeal to them even without knowing 'where' they are, and better yet, they will answer (in their own time.  Wink )

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

bird

Reply #8 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 11:13am

this all makes sense! I mean, as much sense as is possible considering the ambiguity of what is beyond our human comprehension. in a way, i think prayer takes practice. first off, the genuine, selfless desire that should accompany prayer, not just for things we want, but for the good of others. that's not to say that we can't pray for things we need or want, but i think sometimes that's the only time people think to pray. it's something i want to explore in the coming days.

there's a woman i work with who's a born-again christian. while i may not share her beliefs, she really got me thinking about the power of prayer. prayer works for her because she believes and has "blind" faith. i think that's the whole point - to trust in the universe and your part in it, regardless if the answers to are not in front of us.

thanks to all of you!

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #9 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 1:04pm

It makes no difference to his ultimate destiny if he believes in God or not. God loves him regardless of his atheist  position

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #10 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 9:09pm

that's true Alan. I second that.
good post Cricket. you communicate very well.

and Bets too does. I believe there's always going to be brighter more loving lights than myself. they too are part of the overall oneness and they like to serve the truth.

I think that's how the Catholic religion does it..they pray to the saints, and whose to say their prayers are not answered?

about blind faith. blind faith is not always negative. it can be like a belief u have, that good will prevail, eventually.
it can be childlike, as in how a child trusts the parent to guide it aright. or the way a dog has trust. it believes you will pet it on the head, so it trusts you.
Trust matured leads to faith.  faith, does move mountains. but when you pray you should trust you will be heard.
then you should let the prayer go and release it, still trusting. watch what happens.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.