Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Where do you come from? (Read 1727 times)
Member unknown

Gone for an undetermined
time

Where do you come from?
Sep 26th, 2008 at 4:29pm

I'ld like to know if there is somebody who lives in Europe, like me.

Sonia

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. &&Maori Proverb&&&& &&

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Re: Where do you come from?
Reply #1 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 6:58pm

Varga

Lives in Ireland if that can be considered Europe

I live in South Afrca City of Johannesburg, time zone 6hrs ahead of New York City

Alan
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2008 at 10:57pm by Alan McDougall »  

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #2 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 10:28pm

quote Alan:
"in Ireland if that can be considered Europe" LOL I guess it's Europe, only the Irish seem to not like paperwork so much, like for example an European Constitution  Smiley .
Well, I definitely do live in Europe, so I'm not British  Cheesy .

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

detheridge

Malvern, Worcs, U.K.
Reply #3 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 6:41am

Malvern, Worcestershire, U.K.

David.

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #4 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 9:21am

My first 21 years were spent in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, which, as a sign proudly attests, is dead in the center of North America!  [Many Americans think Winnipeg is near the North Pole!"]  I have lived all over the USA, but currently reside in mountain country in northeast Washington state, in a town where I am daily terrorized by the prospect of encountering deer herds, bears and mountain lions!  

I am sometimes asked to give high school lectures on the difference between Canadian and American culture.  I open this way: "Canada is the only country in the world where English is spoken the way God intended it to be uttered--without an accent.  You have various types of British and American accents, but no Canadian accent!  I then give several illsutrations of Aemrican corruptions of God's language: eg. "huh?" instead of "eh?"; "napkins" instead of "serviettess;" "couches" instead of "chesterfields;" "french fries" instead of "chips," etc.Undecided

When I got my US citizenship, a supreme court justice addressed about 100 of us newbie Americans.  He assured us, "You people don't know how lucky you are!  You are becoming citizens of the only country in the world with a fair system of justice."  My lectures on Canadian culture are a reaction against this American parochialism.
Cheesy

Don the Canuck

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #5 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 9:51am

Don,

Quote:
I am sometimes asked to give high school lectures on the difference between Canadian and American culture.  I open this way: "Canada is the only country in the world where English is spoken the way God intended it to be uttered--without an accent.  You have various types of British and American accents, but no Canadian accent

Educated English speaking South Africans would dispute that, we have an almost neutral way of speaking English.

I have had Canadian friends and can’t discern the difference from that and good American English

I was involved in introduction of computer main frames into South Africa IBM and had many American colleagues over the years . I really like that ascent it is somewhat similar to Irish to me

South Africans can quickly lose there ascents .American think we are Australians or New Zealanders and very seldom get it right when we speak.

I write American English on this forum and the way English is written is very different here.

I have not traveled much in my life but my highly educated four daughters have been to nearly every country of interest. I mind travel, using my knowledge and imagination.

I have sibliings in Austrailair

Take Care

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #6 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 6:30pm

Berserk2 wrote on Sep 28th, 2008 at 9:21am:
"Canada is the only country in the world where English is spoken the way God intended it to be uttered--without an accent.  You have various types of British and American accents, but no Canadian accent!
Cheesy
Don the Canuck

Well Canuck you should go and spend a few days or weeks in NFL (Newfoundland) and you'll hear the accent. Or Northern Ontario, North East of NB or central coast of BC and you'll hear supple differences..Smiley
R.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.