Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to undo beliefs and feelings towards PUL (Read 1694 times)
Member unknown

Gone for an undetermined
time

How to undo beliefs and feelings towards PUL
Sep 21st, 2008 at 10:32am

The title of this topic should have been:
How to undo beliefs and feelings to move towards PUL
but I did not have the space.

So, I received much useful advice from everybody and I think it might also help others to summarize all you know under 1 topic.

There is already one method in Bruce's book (thank you Romain for reminding me of it), to remove unwanted beliefs, but sometimes besides one method, other supporting methods can be useful.

As LaffingRain said: "...sometimes it is plain hard work..." (LaffingRain, I hope I quoted you right, because I am righting it down by heart).

To reach PUL, I think besides methods to UNDO beliefs, we should also have methods to BUILD beliefs:
1) Bruce's method to UNDO blocking beliefs (see his books)
2) BUILDING beliefs: this could be made by strengthening your intentions. You think of all the reasons that support what you try to reach as the strengthen your "INTENT". It largens your perceptions related to a subject and thus the information you get becomes available in an easier way.

There are probably other methods, but I cannot think of them now.

Feel free to fill in the blanks
or advice literature.

I read books by Dr. Wayne Dyer about intention. He is a psychologist. They are good books that can help.
I also read books by Byron Katie. Her story is amazing. She used to be a business woman, but had a breakdown that led her to collapse. She recovered with a new awareness and shares this.
Dannion Brinkley is also interesting literature. He was struck by lightning and reached psychic abilities.
Dr. Ian Stevenson websites on reincarnation are also worth looking at.

My future literature will be:
Bruce Moen (currently, I am reading his 2nd book)
Robert Monroe
Tom Campbell (Trilogy: My big toe)
Robert Swhartz (Title: Courageous souls)

All ideas are welcome.

Sonia

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. &&Maori Proverb&&&& &&

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Re: How to undo beliefs and feelings towards PUL
Reply #1 - Sep 21st, 2008 at 5:23pm

Hi Sonya.

One perspective is that the natural state is to live through love.

That we're taught mistaken views by society, and have anyway over many lifetimes become convinced at a very deep level of mind that we live in a world based on rule of the the fittest. That we must behave accordingly if we are to survive.

Our task is to with the help of spirit/through natural goodness essentially to figure out the reality of love, and to come to live by this new set of principles - over time shedding the conditioning and obscuration that prevents our seeing.

To develop the right view.

This entails developing the courage to see through and avoid acting on our negative impulses, and learning to recognise, respond to and reinforce (through experience, figuring out and repetition) what comes from inside, from the heart...

IP Logged

Member unknown

Gone for an undetermined
time

Reply #2 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 8:13am

I think what bothers me most is that we change our beliefs, mostly after we make a mistake.

Ideally, there should be a way to change your beliefs before you make the mistake.

Sonia

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. &&Maori Proverb&&&& &&

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 8:54am

Unfortunately Sonia it seems true that most of us seem happy to sail on regardless of others while life is good. It's generally serious suffering (illness, or other life problems) that bounces us into the more open view needed to see reality - to see things through the lens of spirit.

Moderate suffering just spurs us to fight harder against others and the world - things have to get really bad before we throw in the towel. It's only in the resulting space that we start to see.

Ego it seems has a very big interest in keeping us with our noses stuck in the trough - believing in the myth of separation from God, fixated by our belief in individual existence and in an external reality and other beings against which we have to fight for survival. We usually see only in these terms.

The very odd individual heads off down a genuine path of personal transformation without crisis, but even that is often ego driven - in pursuit of being 'holier than thou' ....

IP Logged

Member unknown

Gone for an undetermined
time

Reply #4 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 9:25am

Quote:
The very odd individual heads off down a genuine path of personal transformation without crisis, but even that is often ego driven - in pursuit of being 'holier than thou' ....

Well, then we should find a way to get rid of the ego, and at the same time be aware of individuality OR uniqueness, without feeling separated of the rest of humankind.

The question is: Is there a way?

Quote:
...that is often ego driven - in pursuit of being 'holier than thou' ....

"holier than thou"... I understand, yet is sadens me to hear about it, that even when you think you've reached something spiritually, you still put yourself higher than others based on that.

"holier than thou"... is a thought that utters that you need something that makes you feel better than your fellow human being. In fact, it is a thought that should force us to accept, that as long as we do not think of ourselves COMPLETELY, TOTALLY equal to another in every way, we haven't reached that "holy" state we are looking for.

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 7:49pm

Ego gets progressively more subtle as we reach towards higher views. A good book on the pitfalls of this topic is 'Cutting Through Spriritual Materialism', by Chogyam Trungpa.

It's Tibetan Buddhist but easily read and generally applicable.

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #6 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 8:23pm

Here are some suggestions:

1. Let go of all issues relating to moments when you've been hurt or become angry. This is probably obvious, by anger I don't mean instances such as when you became angry in traffic. I mean resentments.

2. Let go of all concepts that cause you to feel fear. Such issues can really block up your heart chakra.

3. Get rid of judgment towards others. If you lived their life you might be like them. It is okay to see when people do negative things. However, there is never a reason to stop loving them.

4. Get rid of concepts that cause you to view others in a seperatist way.

5. Try to understand that we are all one, and what happens to another, happens to you.

6. Don't view others through sex based viewpoints, because you'll view them as body based beings, rather than opening up to their spirit energy. Have you noticed that when you get close to somebody you feel them more than you see them?

7. Realize that qualities such as humility, respect, reverence and grattitude are good qualities.

8. Love yourself, allow yourself to seem imperfect at times while human.

9. Don't measure and compare yourself to others.

10. Don't make it a test. Allow yourself time to grow. As Alysia said when she mentioned hard work,  it takes effort to grow. If there wasn't some solidity to how we manifest, each morning we would wake up as a completely different person. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.