Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Why there is Evil ? and what exactly is Evil? (Read 649 times)
Alan McDougall

South Africa
Why there is Evil ? and what exactly is Evil?
Sep 20th, 2008 at 7:18am

Hello Forum

Did God create evil?"

At first it might seem that if God created all things then evil must have been created by God. However, there is an assumption here that needs to be cleared up.

Evil is not a "thing" - like a rock or electricity. You can't have a jar of evil! Rather, evil is something that occurs.

Evil has no existence of its own - it is really a lack in a good thing.

For example, holes are real but they only exist in something else. We call the absence of dirt a hole - but it cannot be separated from the dirt. So when God created, it is true that all that existed was good.

One of the good things that God made was creatures who had the freedom to choose good. In order to have a real choice, God had to allow there to be something besides good to choose.

So God allowed humans to choose good or non-good (evil). When a bad relationship exists between two good things we call that evil, but it does not become a "thing" that required God to create it.

Evil is a negation Good is a positive reality

What does the forum think

Take care

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Re: Why there is Evil ? and what exactly is Evil?
Reply #1 - Sep 20th, 2008 at 11:40pm

Still Living

Quote:
On my mind "Good" can not exist without "Evil". There must be a "0" point - equilibrium in between "good and "bad".
Simple, may be too simplified, however... imagine some sort of a float with it's "0" on the surface of water...  
You chop a piece off either side and the whole thing will get back to the equilibrium state - whatever was above the surface (good) will sink down turning into "evil" and vise verse.

I accept what you say and also that existence and creation are all about a duality of realities. Day, night, black, white, good, evil, light a, dark, negative and positive

Evil to me exists because God allows it to exist, but I see it as negation, like describing nonexistence

Take care

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.