Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fear, hindering beliefs and the earth-life-system (Read 1608 times)
DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Fear, hindering beliefs and the earth-life-system
Sep 12th, 2008 at 9:19am

Although I am in awe of the beauty and love that can be experienced here in the physical world, I was thinking today about how much fear is present, taught, learned, and experiened in trying to live a life on earth.  We have heard that love banishes fear, yet, most alive on this planet, while loving are likely living with a whole plethora of fears, both real and imagined. 

Raising a wonderful small child now (he is five), I find myself in the parental role and trying to teach him about the world, without fear - yet in order to exercise caution, I have to teach him the consequences of certain actions (like being perched on top of a couch at an odd anlge on one foot, saying "look at me, daddy!"). 

My thoughts then are, with all the fears that are promulgated and bred in the physical world, is it really the best system for spiritual growth?  I would think that many fears create hindering belief systems that are in place when the vast majority of people pass over into the afterlife. Is it so easy to shuck off these unnecessary beliefs bred by fear?  If not, is this a good system for the vast majority of people to turn toward love and spiritual growth?

Matthew

IP Logged

PhantasyMan

Québec
Re: Fear, hindering beliefs and the earth-life-system
Reply #1 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 9:28am

Hi Doc,

I read few week ago that the role of the Ego, is to create illusion over our fear, so they don't appear to exist.  It masks the fears.  I agree with that, and with a bit of observation, it's easy to see it.

This implies that more we have fears, more we have ego, and less place for pure consciousness (LOVE).  By reducing the ego and facing our fears, we grow our consciousness and expression of love become our second nature.

This earth school is a good place to learn.  It has a lot a potential to grow our consciousness.  The important factor is to use our intent to grow toward this goal, and not toward the Ego/fears/power. 

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #2 - Sep 13th, 2008 at 12:02pm

As a doctor, Matthew,

you must see much more than your share of the perils that people can run into.  Smiley A healer's workday might suggest higher odds of peril than actually exist, especially for those who are in families where they are loved and cared for.  Smiley

But even a child born into a kind and knowledgable family might bring some karma to be experienced, if karma is to be believed. Perhaps you even chose your profession to be ready to help your friend souls in such trials.

Acceptance of our place in our souls' journeys seems to be the only way to fully meet our souls' committments, then meeting our committments with PUL.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #3 - Sep 13th, 2008 at 9:22pm

Yes Matthew, I had the same thought. I'd say, to become immersed in the ELS has some risks, as Monroe maybe would say, it is to become addicted to it for many lifecyles, fear is one factor in it. On the other hand, it's an experience which I guess would be new and foreign to most new arrivers here, and it is to expect that one or another thing could be useful when this one finally leaves this system again forever. At least, it might be like some challenges and adventures we had, after them we'd say we don't want to experience that again, but it's good to have experienced it.
   This all of course only when we finally make it to let go the chains of physical life, which hopefully all beings will be able to at some point of time.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #4 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 12:46pm

Doc,

Fear is a necessity of life, but should be brought under control. Brave people who perform amazing acts of courage are not without fear, they submerge their fear and use the adrenaline to focus and drive their acts in the correct direction

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #5 - Sep 15th, 2008 at 1:04am

Doc said: is this a good system for the vast majority of people to turn toward love and spiritual growth?
______

do you mean Is FEAR a good system? or do you mean is it a good system to turn towards love for spiritual growth?
_____

kinda tricky wording. love is always what we should teach, whether to a child or anyone because love is what we are.

that does not mean a child should not be taught there are some in the world who do not think about that child's best interests. therefore if we want to get children's faces off of the milk cartons, who are missing, we have to protect them. Not by instilling fear in them, but letting them know, that if a stranger calls a child over to a vehicle, they must run home fast. then when they get old enough, you can tell them the truth, why you made that rule.
if they insist on asking why daddy? like kids do, you can say that some  strangers are crazy and need some mental help. something like that. I'm sure you can protect your kid without causing them damage.

like the couch, where he is showing off for you, what he can do. that's normal, trying to impress you. take him to the park where the jungle gym is Doc! let him show off for you there!

I will go back and re-read what everyone said here, but basically, this planet ELS, has all degree of humans in various stages of human evolvement. It's basically a spiritual kindergarten of the universe, as I view it..and the kids who are born in the last 20 years, I hold the belief that they are going to help us move forward spiritually. I call them Indigo kids. Smiley

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.