Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
religious right agenda of soul entrapment (Read 10604 times)
recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: religious right agenda of soul entrapment
Reply #15 - Aug 22nd, 2008 at 7:35pm

Rog_B:

I figure such spirits will be able to move onto the light when they choose to make the changes that need to be made. They will receive a life review after they do so.

Rog_B wrote on Aug 21st, 2008 at 9:25pm:
Albert-

You said "If a spirit's belief system prevents it from opening to love, it might have to go through a growing process."

Yes, but what about those people who are sociopaths?  It's really not a belief system, it's the way their brain is wired (or mis-wired).

These people have absolutely no remorse about what they do.  They can, and do, kill other people as casually as you or I might swat a fly.

When they die, do they then become enlightened? Would a life review be of any value?  In fact, a life review showing them the fear their victims felt while they were being killed might even give them satisfaction.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #16 - Aug 22nd, 2008 at 8:47pm

Actually, I thought the way I heard it was that in the life review, you get to experience everything from all perspectives.

I guess for a sociopath that could set up some interesting reverberations....could you end up being psyched by your own fear? feeding on your own fear? of course, if we are all interconnected, that is what is happening anyway. And what does the one who is the victim in C1 experience in the life review? Hmmm, I never thought about that before. Does the victim experience whatever it is that the sociopath experiences?

oh yuck. It was easier when I could just think of someone as either victim or perpetrator.

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 7:06am

From everything I have read it seems to be a very personalized experience. When people describe their life reviews after their near-death experiences, their stories, in general, don't seem to have a horrified tone about the actual review, to my recollection. Is it just a mind expanding process, so perhaps we are simply able to experience "all" in such a way that we survive it, or process it in a certain way, in order to enter the next gateway?

IP Logged

Rog_B

Reply #18 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 8:33am

Quote:
From everything I have read it seems to be a very personalized experience. When people describe their life reviews after their near-death experiences, their stories, in general, don't seem to have a horrified tone about the actual review, to my recollection. Is it just a mind expanding process, so perhaps we are simply able to experience "all" in such a way that we survive it, or process it in a certain way, in order to enter the next gateway?

Blink-

Yes, that is true regarding how people describe their life reviews.  However, the catch is that, as far as I know, there is nothing in the literature that deals with true sociopaths/psychopaths.

Consider this definition:

"The psychopath is defined by a continual seeking of psychological gratification in criminal, sexual, or aggressive impulses and the inability to learn from past mistakes (italics added). Using Freudian terminology, the psychopathic personality occurs when the ego can't mediate between the id and the super-ego, thus allowing the id to run off the pleasure principle, and the super-ego has no control over the actions of the ego. In other words, individuals with this disorder gain satisfaction through their antisocial behavior as well as lack of a conscience."

So a life review, revealing to the psychopath the emotions felt by those he killed, would seem to have limited or no value.  In fact as I stated before, it may very well just excite him.

Again, I don't think we should identify a psychopath's actions as the result of a belief system.  It seems to be, rather, the result of a severe personality disorder.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #19 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 9:26am

Greetings,

Isn't healing done at various lower focus levels before any further afterlife processing? So wouldn't afterlife 're-wiring' be done before serious discussion too?

The 'bad wiring' in a brain that has aberrant patterns seems like it would require the same as other physical adjustments / healings done in the afterlife.

(I wish the title of this thread were different-- it sounds like it's a topic that the site guidelines don't allow, to speak against any specific belief system. But that's been avoided by speaking against so many!  Cheesy Smooth move! )  Undecided

Bets   Smiley

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 11:50am

Yes, that is a definition of a person. I will agree with that.

Whether it is true or experienced in the way that we do here is still questionable to me. I find many things quite different over there in explorations.

It seems that many people, as Bets mentioned, have pre-existing conditions, physical ones, half-way states from which they exit, and other preoccupations.

Certainly, there seems to be a range of experiences to be found. Whether one is forced to participate is another matter.

I have found much in the readings to indicate supervision, and a loving presence which has a greater understanding than the individual crossing over.

Maybe that's all I'll ever know.

Rog_B wrote on Aug 23rd, 2008 at 8:33am:
Quote:

Blink-

Yes, that is true regarding how people describe their life reviews.  However, the catch is that, as far as I know, there is nothing in the literature that deals with true sociopaths/psychopaths.

Consider this definition:

"The psychopath is defined by a continual seeking of psychological gratification in criminal, sexual, or aggressive impulses and the inability to learn from past mistakes (italics added). Using Freudian terminology, the psychopathic personality occurs when the ego can't mediate between the id and the super-ego, thus allowing the id to run off the pleasure principle, and the super-ego has no control over the actions of the ego. In other words, individuals with this disorder gain satisfaction through their antisocial behavior as well as lack of a conscience."

So a life review, revealing to the psychopath the emotions felt by those he killed, would seem to have limited or no value.  In fact as I stated before, it may very well just excite him.

Again, I don't think we should identify a psychopath's actions as the result of a belief system.  It seems to be, rather, the result of a severe personality disorder.  

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #21 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 1:45pm

Roger,

Society often has the impression that a psychopath is a cold and heartless person. In many cases this is not true.

A person with this disease often times does have the ability to love their immediate family such as parents, significant other, pets, etc. and does suffer emotionally when something happens such as the death of a loved one, divorce, etc. Even their own destructive behavior can cause them emotional distress and dissatisfaction.

Like everyone else they have a deep desire to be loved and accepted. They are also periodically aware of how their behavior affects someone else and many times can feel pain because of their inability to control their behavior. Because of the nature of the disease they manifest through cause and effect exactly what they are afraid of. As an example, they desire to be loved and cared about, yet how easy is it to love someone with a psychopathic personality?

Anyway, it would seem to me that a life review might indeed be beneficial to someone with this type of disease, especially if one considers a being is never totally disconnected from their soul/higher self as well as other beings that do have the capacity to love and help to guide them into learning states of consciousness that would be beneficial to their evolving spirit.

Kathy

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

Rog_B

Reply #22 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 2:15pm

Bets-

I have to agree about the title of this thread.  First of all the term "religious right" is pejorative.  It is almost always used to express contempt for Christians who happen to be politically conservative.

Second, it states that this group has an agenda to entrap souls.  That's a bit much.  Other groups can be said to have the same "agenda" as well.

Fortunately the thread didn't go off in that direction.  Good point.  Looks like we are our own best peer moderators.

Kathy-  well, I'll accept that some psychopaths are loving to their parents or siblings.  The point is, I don't know how a life review, from everything I've read, can be a teaching tool for them.  But then again, perhaps so.  The older I get the more I realize I don't really know that much.

IP Logged

Cricket

Reply #23 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 2:36pm

I don't know that a *soul* would necessarily be pyscho or socio-pathic...I see it more as the brain is mis-wired so that the soul can't access those visceral feelings.  Maybe the learning intended is that they learn that regardless of how something feels to you, some things are just intrinsically wrong (like cold blooded murder), and you just don't do them, regardless.

Then when they get where they're going, and get to look at it objectively, they can see that right and wrong aren't because it makes *them* feel good or bad, but because it does harm outside themselves.

Psychopathologies may even be something that a fair number of inexperienced souls go through in early incarnations, until they eventually end up with something akin to a post-hypnotic suggestion in later lives - "If I do that, I'm gonna feel really really bad the next time I'm between lives."

So when planning the next one, they don't think it's such a hoot to end up in a body that can do things without remorse (or at least with less remorse than the "normal" person would feel.)  They either don't choose that for their next brain, or have enough ingrained learning that they can be "good" through intellectual understanding of right and wrong, even if they don't feel it.

Or I could be full of shit - it's happened once or twice...  Cool

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #24 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 4:39pm

Rog_B wrote:
Quote:
So a life review, revealing to the psychopath the emotions felt by those he killed, would seem to have limited or no value.  In fact as I stated before, it may very well just excite him.

This would only be the case when the life review would leave the reviewing person an observer, a watcher, but not when the reviewing person would actually feel as if being the other persons in this review. I hold this for possible.

One time in a meditation, I asked for informations about what I was before I had my first incarnation on earth. I received some impressions which showed a being which was absolutely cold hearted and arrogant. It destroyed other energy systems and consumed it's energy. After the first trip down to earth the identity of this me-being had totally changed. It (me) had been confronted with the limitations and laws of earth life, and it's arrogance had broken down to give space for humbleness.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #25 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 8:12pm

When having a medium reading years ago, after a former mother in law had passed away, she commented how sad she was that the marriage between her son and myself had not worked out, and then my daughter had been killed following our divorce, and said she wished things had worked out differently but she could not understand why things had gone like they had.

Her words suggested to me at the time that she had not done a life review, or she would have had better understanding, I thought, as she herself had perhaps unconsciously driven a wedge between her son and myself. But maybe I picked up wrong on that.

Again, years later, I was working around the home when suddenly without the slightest warning...I had not thought of this friend in years, an old friend who I had held in great esteem and love, a woman friend and an employer "stepped up" to me and whispered in my ear "I'm sorry."

That was all she said, and I knew instantly it was her, I could sense her presence completely, though she had "appeared" without warning, and I was so gratified and grateful that she had come to apologize and let me know she now understood.

Years before, there had been a terrible misunderstanding emerge between us which I could not find a way to repair, due to the behaviour of a third person. The ramifications of the misunderstanding were enormous and far reaching in my life and so unjust.

This small, sudden experience showed me that she had gone through a life review and had been shown everything that had actually happened...can you imagine what a relief, after so many sad years had passed with her thinking I had harmed her, and I loved her so much as a friend and employer and would never have harmed her.

She always wore the perfume "Heaven Sent" and to me she had indeed been Heaven Sent into my life, an angel of kindness. I continued to revere and love her down the years despite the misunderstanding though I never saw her again, so having her step up to me as I swept the patio outside that day and let me know she now knew the truth, was a great gift to me.

I am frequently grateful for it.

How could she have discovered the truth without having had a life review? She must have I think. Vee

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

Petrus

Reply #26 - Aug 24th, 2008 at 11:08am

hawkeye wrote on Aug 21st, 2008 at 6:12pm:
I guess Hell would be a heaven if you believed in Satanism.

Not necessarily, Hawkeye.  I know a Satanist online, and he doesn't think that where he is going will be a nice place at all.  However, he apparently has some type of belief system where there is a hierarchy in the Hell he believes in, and he thinks that if he does certain things, he might be able to get high enough up in it that it won't be as bad for him there as it will be for other people.

Quote:
A place to make choices. See, and in some cases, be seen. Help and receive help. Come back, move on... Learn, teach.

The way I see it, The Moen/Monroe model only conflicts with existing organised religion at a fundamentalist level.  If you've progressed past that, however, to me it's entirely possible to integrate belief in a God from the existing organised religions with said model. 

If anything, I'm inclined to believe that it makes belief in God even more positive than before; because this model of the afterlife demonstrates in a very practical, tangible way that there truly is no judgement.

Quote:
Personally, I think religions are in the game of entrapment. Please don't be confused by my words.

Religions at an immature and fundamentalist level, yes.  However again, it's important to remember that pretty much all of them have a higher esoteric tradition as well, and the basic beliefs of those are all more or less the same.

...&&eMule : Welcome to Aquarian society.

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #27 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 3:03pm

I have no intention to point a finger at any one particular group of religious believers. All of them will do just fine. Do these organised religions, followers of a set doctrine of beliefs,  no matter who they are and in what God they answer to, have an agenda to entrap souls(for the lack of a better word) to their areas of the BST? Mormons to the Mormon area. JW to their area. (Note it might be a little smaller with only a few hundred thousand being allowed in) Scientoligsts to theirs. Nazis to the Nazi area... And those who look upon Monroe, as a belief, to be followed,....to their area (in F 25 or 26). Or is F 27 the Monroe area of the BST? Its just as easy to create a Monroe area in the BST. The point I was trying to make is that by having  "fixed" beliefs, your not going to advance yourself along the path to getting any further along the path to advancement. Those who want to stand in front of an alter on the other side, praying to whom ever they think is a God will at some point have to be dealt with or they will continue through the revolving door of reincarnation and earthly learning. You must believe in my God and pray the way we decide or you going to go to hell!! Ya, I don't think so. That might be OK for your Disk Group, but with mine, we gone through the revolving door of earthly life to many time to continue repeating the same game over and over again.
If I am not posting within the guidelines then kick my butt out, if that's what you feel is necessary. (Censorship shows a fear of the truth.) If you just don't like the message, oops..sorry.

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #28 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 6:18pm

excuse me if I seemed testy..
Its not that I think that these many religions or doctrines think that they could potentially be doing an entrapment.  They may call their areas "Heaven" and think its very important to have their followers going there. That would be because if your not there then your in hell. One or the other. Black or white. Left or right. Now I recall a retrieval story about a woman who was stuck. Not believing she was good enough to perhaps get into this so called heaven she had been raised to believe in. Stuck in a purgatory of nothingness. Then during the retreveal she was assisted in moving along through the M Band to F26 and poof off she went only to get stuck there. Not that she wasn't happy to be in her so called heaven. Just not ready to move farther along. Not even as far as F27. So is that good enough? Being superficially happy because you managed to reach an area that someone else has told you is the place you should be going? Well, I feel empathy for those who choose that path. Entrapment into others beliefs whether that is the Pope or the Krishna or the blah blah blah. That goes for F 27 as well. Not good enough. There is more to existence than just F27, home, the Park. While reviewing a Bob Monroe interview I came to an area where Bob had remembered why he left his home. Its not that it wasn't beautiful. Or a great place to spend time(?) It was repeating, over and over again. The same games. The curls were stuck and unwilling to experience change. I can't count the times I have heard just those same things about earth and time here. Things repeat themselves. History has repeated itself. With the possibility of big changes coming in just a few short years, I'm ready. Ready for that change. I believe that coming to this site is all a part of that change. This post is a part of that change. If I can open just one person up to the possibility that there is "more", then I have done what I needed to by this lifetime. More than a fixed Heaven or belief system. More that just one lifetime. More than life and death. More than a doctrine of unforgiving, intolerant God where when you drop that body of yours, and you have done what they desired of you, then you can spend an eternity is their heaven. Sorry but that sounds like more of a hell than a heaven to me.

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #29 - Aug 27th, 2008 at 6:20pm

Yes, Hawkeye, sometimes I feel like I am some hundred years old, you know, been there, done that. Sometimes when I'm busy with a project suddenly the activity leaves me and I think: "Will you finally be happy when you've finished this project, because you have finished it? No. Then you'll head for another one." This will never end unless I change my way of thinking. As long as I feel I have to achieve something, I'm bound by it, I'm in this chain of events which cause other events etc.

It's a good thought when you mention a Monroe-belief-system. It seems like we can't escape ending up in some belief system place- or can we? The only way I feel would go in this direction is to simply believe nothing, letting it all happen, not caring, not having and not desiring a home, or even a reality. How far can you get with Zen? Probably nowhere  Wink . But that's where we want to go, isn't it?

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.