Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Real Life analogies to the change of focus (Read 2924 times)
DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Real Life analogies to the change of focus
Aug 19th, 2008 at 10:53am

I wanted to bring up two "real life" examples that to me explain how there can be an afterlife or other levels of awareness, when the physical world seems so real and concrete.

The first example, that came to my mind, happened last week.  I was away in St. Thomas (first vacation in a long time), and snorkelng in a crystal clear bay.  There were some swimmers right near me.  They were wondering how the fish were in general and if I saw any.  I snorkeled right among them.  The bay was teeming with beautiful fish and life.  Even in 3-4 inches of water near the rocks and shellswere baby fish versions of the reef fish.  The swimmers couldn't see the fish, swimming less than a foot away from them.  I saw a 3 foot long barracuda swimming less than ten feet away from the bathers (not interested in biting people).

When I surfaced from the water, I spoke with the swimmers.  Some were visibly shaken that the Barracuda was there.  I tried to allay their fears on that one.  Others were amazed at the fish they didn't see, like the yellow/black and white striped Sgt. Majors, or the parrot fish.  Some wanted to get a mask and snorkel immediately to see what was right there with them.  

After I left the water, I thought of Bruce, TMI and this site.  If you just bathed in the bay, you'd love the look/feel of the water, but might be oblivious to the life and fish just under the surface.  With a mask and snorkel, a world opens up to you - right where you already are swimming.  So too with meditation and hemi-sync.  We are not aware of other levels of consciousness until we explore or know that it is there in the first place.  Using Hemi-sync or meditation is identical to putting on a mask and snorkel.

I'll post my second real life analogy later on, but I am curious to get input on this.

Matthew
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2008 at 2:15pm by DocM »  

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Re: Real Life analogies to the change of focus
Reply #1 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 2:24pm

A+ Doc

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 3:54pm

Yes, very inspiring, Doc. Beautiful images, along with the human interaction...I totally agree with your comparison. Surprises are everywhere, beneath the surface of what we think we can see or what we imagine is there.

Perhaps the mask and snorkel are helpful in some situations, and not necessary in others. They offer a more unrestricted view/experience for certain depths.

Explorers, however, are always necessary...necessary in order to encourage others beyond the shallow water, to encourage them to face and understand their fears.

More importantly, explorers encourage others to see more, to see further, to see more clearly, to know more fully, what is Real.

love, blink

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #3 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 4:36pm

Yes, Doc M !

Your example is breath-taking! I've never snorkelled but I knew what you were saying!  thank you!

Betson

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #4 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 8:44am

Yes, this is a good analogy! I found something similar through education. Before I had some classes in art history/architecture, when I should tell about a visit of an old church I would have said "Well, you know, it's an old church"  Huh ; after attending those classes, I saw so much more.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #5 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 11:04am

Real Life Analogy #2 - The Bird

When I returned home from this vacation, my wife left the garage doors open.  We have a pretty standard garage, with two electronic doors, and off to the side, a small window pane opening to the backyard.   I came home from work to find the garage door open to the outside.  Inside, I saw a frantic bird - looked like a blackbird by the small window.  I tried to open both garage doors, to encourage it to leave, but it wouldn't.  It couldn't "see" any ecape but the closed window.  Again, and again, it kept flying at the closed window.

I tried to get its attention without scaring the bird, and move it toward the open garage door.  No dice.  Again, and again, it would hurl itself at the relatively small window.  The window was stuck and would not open. It could only see the window at that light and was in fear or denial about the obvious route to freedom less than 12 feet away.  

My five year old son was concerned and in wonder about the frantic bird. He watched me working to get its attention.  Nothing was working.  Finally, I found two old pool nets on long poles, and gently as I could, I put the bird between the two nets.  

At a certain point, the bird became calm, relaxed, and as I opened the nets out just outside of the garage, it hopped out, and then flew away.

I was struck by the analogy of this bird and "stuck" people or souls, who can't see a way out.  Either in the afterlife realms  of consciousness or here, in the physical.  The image of the bird crashing itself into the stuck small window in the garage, and refusing out of either fear or just the lack of perception to acknowledge the wide open garage doors, made me think about people.  How many of us wear the blinders of belief systems that make us try ineffectively like that bird to find another path (even a path that is right next to us, that we couldn't see?)  I again thought of this site, Bruce and retrievals.  I'm still mulling over the "coincidence" of this episode, and the full meaning to me.

Matthew

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 1:43pm

Fabulous stories, love it... Smiley

The next time I am flapping my wings while crashing into a closed window (surprisingly common for me) I will try to remember that I am not invisible -- that there is a Guide nearby -- and, dare I say, even a baby Guide observing as well!

Wow. How reassuring is that!!

love, blink

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #7 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 6:46pm

Hi Matthew,

Lately I have been thinking about how much nature and all creatures around us help us to better understand.  These are absolutely beautiful demonstrations.

Thank you for sharing them.

Love, Kathy

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.