Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Point of Life ??? (Read 4886 times)
Nick247

Manchester
Point of Life ???
Aug 5th, 2008 at 7:06pm

Inside i feel like i've experienced what life has to offer and yet i'm still alive  Undecided

Why???

Deep inside i feel old , its like i've been alive forever and i've just been going from one body to the next , if that makes any sense.

Recently i came to a realization that i'm meant to be alone in this life

cause i probably messed up peoples life's in my past life and didnt realize what i had, and now i have to learn what it feels like to be  isolated alone with no one.

The only thing i'm looking foreward to in life is Death, its pretty sad i know but i feel like thats where i'm supposed to be.

I'm ashamed to admit i've even tried suicide a couple of times and that has'nt worked unfortunately i'm still here, so i've just given up and anxiously just waiting for that day when i well return home Embarrassed

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Re: Point of Life ???
Reply #1 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 7:30pm

Nick, I am simply going to copy a journal entry I wrote this spring. I think it sums up how I feel about life. Life doesn't need to be so hard, and you understand that perfectly.
------------

I am grateful that I have the strength to stand up for myself, to hold my head high, to recognize when others are asking too much from me. My desire is simplicity, and I am grateful that the ruler of this earth and of the heavens uses patterns I can understand. There are worse things than being alone, through choice or circumstance. What is worse is to have no self-love. Then, you have no one, not even yourself for a friend. I listen to the voice inside. It tells me I am a friend, with acceptance and gratitude for my existence.

--------------------------------

If this helps in any way, I am glad, If not, thanks for allowing me to share.

love, blink
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2008 at 7:31am by N/A »  

IP Logged

AboveTheWeepingWorld

Wakefield, England
Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 8:55pm

Having contemplated and attempted suicide several times myself, I also know others who have tried it, and it would appear that there is something keeping us here....even if you are sure of the survival of your conciousness, suicide appears self-centered and given the experiences of the those who have experienced NDEs when attempting to bring about their demise, their "afterlife" experiences have been, initially at least, negative and have denounced suicide...

Just remember, regardless of whether we survive past our physical death, there must be a reason why we habitate this existence, and to end that existence would be either detrimental to yourself, or detrimental to your spirit, should it exist, if you do so..

And what would you consider to be "what life has to offer"?

Regards

Luke

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #3 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 10:35pm

I often thought about suicide myself. I don't do it anymore, simply because there's absolutely no benefit of it, and it is like a feedback loop: Thinking about suicide makes you suicidal.
   I made a deal with myself. I asked myself: "Is your situation that bad that you really can't stand it 24 hours longer?" The answer always was, no, it isn't that bad. So I realized, it's pointless to think about it. If I really couldn't stand it anymore, I would know it. The option is there anyway, there's no need to think about it. It's a waste of time.

About the lonelyness, I'd try to find out if you are the type of people who just don't need that much company. Sometimes people suffer from lonelyness only because they feel forced to become more sociable, like "all the others" are.
   When you've found out you really need more company, then you might think about what kind of people you'd like to meet, and what kind you don't like to meet. There might be past life issues contributing to your situation, but it's not like a fate. Karmic causation always leaves space for growth and progress rather than being just a lifelong punishment. You may ask not only "How have I come to this?" but as well "What can I make of it?".

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #4 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 1:17am

So Nick, you asked... WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS EXISTENCE?

In the most basic sense, the purpose of life is being - as opposed to not being.

In your system of three-dimensional reality you are learning about mental energy (also called thought energy or psychic energy) and how to use it.

Knowledge about mental energy and its use is learned by constantly transforming your thoughts and emotions into physical form (your physical reality) and by then perceiving and dealing with the matter and events that are formed.

From doing this, you are supposed to get a clear picture of your inner development as it is reflected by the exterior environment.

You participate in physical reality so that you can operate and experience within this dimension. Here, you can develop your abilities, learn, create, solve problems and help others.

Matter is the shape that basic experience takes when it comes into your three-dimensional system.

Your dreams, thoughts, expectations, beliefs and emotions are literally transformed into physical matter.

HOW DOES THIS WORK?

Every nerve and fiber within the body has an unseen inner purpose. Nerve impulses travel outward from the body, along invisible pathways, in much the same manner that they travel within the body.

These pathways are carriers of telepathic thoughts, impulses, and desires containing all the codified data necessary for translating any thought or image into physical actuality, altering seemingly objective events.

This telepathy operates constantly at an "automatic" or subconscious level, providing communication to back up sensory data. Telepathy is the glue that holds the physical universe in position, so that you can agree on the existence and properties of objects. In one respect, your body and all physical objects go flying out in all directions from the inner core of the whole self.

The physical environment is, therefore, as much a part of you as your own body.

What seems to be a perception, an objective concrete event independent from you, is instead the materialization of your own emotions, energy and mental environment. Events and objects are actually focal points where highly charged psychic impulses are transformed into something that can be physically perceived: a breakthrough into matter.

The intensity of a thought or image largely determines the immediacy of the physical materialization. All such images or thoughts are not completely materialized, in your perception, as their intensity may be too weak.

MY INTELLECT DOESN'T HAVE THE INFORMATION TO CONTROL ALL OF THIS,
HOW IS IT HANDLED?

There is an inner ego, an inner self which organizes "unconscious" material.

As the outer ego manipulates within the physical environment, so the inner ego or self organizes and manipulates within inner reality.

It is this inner self, out of massive knowledge and the unlimited scope of its consciousness, that forms the physical world and provides the stimuli to keep the outer ego at the job of awareness. The inner self organizes, initiates, projects and controls the transformation of psychic energy into matter and objects.

The energy of this inner self is used by it to form a material counterpart (you). You then deal with the physical reality that is made and work out your own creative role.

TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE WORKINGS OF THE
"INNER SELF"

The individual inner self, through constant effort of great intensity, cooperates with other entities like itself to form and maintain the physical reality that you know.

The inner self has a virtually infinite reservoir from which to draw knowledge and experience. All kinds of choices are available, and the diversity of physical matter is a reflection of this deep source and variety.

Having determined upon physical reality as a dimension in which it will express itself, the inner self, first of all, takes care to form and maintain the physical basis upon which all else must depend -- the properties of the earth that can be called the natural ones.

The deepest, most basic subjective experience is translated into the natural elements: the ample landscape that sustains physical life.

With the natural structures formed and maintained, other secondary physical properties are projected.

WHY ISN'T THE NATURE OF ALL THIS CLEARER?

It is the daily ego's ignorance and limited focus that makes it view so-called unconscious activity as chaotic. The waking ego (dealing with physical reality) cannot know all the unconscious material directly.

The daily ego is simply not conscious enough to be able to contain the vast knowledge that belongs to the inner conscious self from which it springs. The outer ego is spoon-fed, being given only those feelings and emotions, only that data, that it can handle. This data is presented in a highly specialized manner, usually in terms of information picked up by the physical senses.

The inner self is not only conscious, but conscious of itself, both as an individuality and as an individuality that is a part of all other consciousness. It is continually aware of both this partners and unity-with. The outer ego is not continuously aware of this fact. It frequently forgets its "whole" nature. When it becomes swept up in a strong emotion it seems to lose itself. When it most vigorously maintains its sense of individuality, it is no longer aware of unity-with.

If the ego were aware of the constant barrage of telepathic communications that do impinge upon it, it would have a most difficult time retaining a sense of identity.

TELL ME MORE ABOUT CREATING AND MANIPULATING MY OWN REALITY.

You must learn to listen to the voice of the inner self and work with it. You may also simply ask the inner self to make the answers to problems available on a conscious basis.

You create your reality according to your beliefs and expectations, therefore you should examine these carefully. If you do not like some aspect of your world, then examine your own expectations.

Your world is formed in faithful replica of your own thoughts... If you think positive suggestions to yourself about a situation you send telepathic ammunition for positive use. You must learn to erase a negative thought or picture by replacing it with its opposite.

You should tell yourself frequently "I will only react to constructive suggestions." This gives you positive ammunition against your own negative thoughts and those of others. A negative thought, if not erased, will almost certainly result in a negative condition.

Say to yourself, "That is in the past. Now in this new moment, this new present, I am already beginning to change for the better." It does not do to repress negative thoughts, such as fears, angers, or resentment. They should be recognized, faced and replaced.

Recognize resentment when it is felt, and then realize that resentment can be dismissed. Initial recognition must be made. Then you must imagine removing the resentment "by its roots" and replacing it with a positive feeling.

You must watch the pictures that you paint with your imagination. Your environment and the conditions of your life at any given time are the direct result of your own inner expectations. If you imagine dire circumstances, ill health or desperate loneliness, these will be "automatically" materialized, for these thoughts themselves bring about the conditions that will give them a reality in physical terms.

If you would have good health then you must imagine this as vividly as you fearfully imagine ill health.

You create your own difficulties. This is true for each individual. The inner psychological state is projected outward, gaining physical reality - whatever the psychological state may be... The rules apply to everyone. Knowing this, you should try to realize what your psychological state is and change your conditions for your own benefit.

You cannot escape your own attitudes, for they will form the nature of what you see. If changes are to occur, they must be mental and psychic changes. These will be reflected in your environment.

Negative, distrustful, fearful, or degrading attitudes toward anyone work against the self. If an individual sees only evil and desolation in the physical world it is because he is obsessed with evil and desolation and projects them outward, closing his eyes to other aspects of reality.

If you want to know what you think of yourself, then ask yourself what you think of others and you will find the answer.

True self-knowledge is indispensable for health and vitality. The recognition of the truth about the self simply means that you must first find out what you think about yourself subconsciously. If it is a good image, build upon it. If it is a poor one, recognize it as only the opinion you have held of yourself and not an "absolute state."

You are not your emotions. They flow through you, you feel them and then they disappear. When you try to hold them back they build up.

You are independent of your thoughts and emotions. You have emotions. You use your thoughts and emotions in your mental composition.

You must learn to trust your own spontaneous nature.

Your nervous system knows how to react. It reacts spontaneously when you allow it to. It is only when you try to deny your emotions that they become a problem. In spontaneity there is a discipline that utterly escapes you, and an order beyond any that you know. Spontaneity knows its own order.

All of nature is spontaneous. Our bodies will be healthy automatically if we do not project false ideas upon them.

Action accepts all stimuli in an affirmative manner. This is why an illness is accepted by a personality structure, and once this occurs, a conflict develops. The self does not want to give up a portion of itself even while that portion may be painful or disadvantageous.

Physical symptoms are communications from the inner self, indications that we are making mental errors of one kind or another.

Do not forget that you are a part of the inner self. IT IS NOT USING YOU!

What you are supposed to do, then, is change your mental attitude, search yourself for the inner problem represented by the symptoms, and measure your progress as the symptoms subside.

You sell yourself short if you believe that you are only a physical organism living within the boundaries cast upon you by time and space.

You must accept life on its terms, and not demand that it behave in certain ways. You must accept life gladly, as its own reason and cause within you.

Life is abundant, vigorous, and strong. Each of us has our own defense against negative suggestions and we should trust in our own immunity.

You are a unique individual. You form your physical environment. YOU MAKE AND CHANGE YOUR WORLD. You are part of all that is. There is no place within you that creativity does not exist.

You must live in faith that your purpose is, and will be fulfilled. The uniqueness of your own personality is to be cherished. The particular purpose of your present personality can only be met in the present circumstances in the way that is best overall. The people that you can help now and the particular good that you can do, can never be done in precisely the same way.

Throughout the ages, some have recognized the fact that there is self-consciousness and purpose in dream and sleep states, and have maintained, even in waking life, the sense of continuity of the inner self. To such people it is no longer possible to completely identify with the ego consciousness. They are too aware of themselves as more. When such knowledge is gained, the ego can accept it, for it finds to its surprise that is not less conscious, but more, and that its limitations are dissipated.

These ideas are from the entity Seth
http://www.spiritual-endeavors.org/seth/Andy2.htm

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Buddy Love

Winston-Salem, NC
Reply #5 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 2:53am

Nick,

Today is an anniversay of sorts for me.  Exactly 12 years ago - today, August 6, 1996, I was told by a doctor that I had an incurable cancer and had only 6 months to live.

That day my whole world crashed around me.  My career was going strong, we were making tons of money, I was acting on stage in plays, had an LA acting coach, and even doing stand-up comedy.

From that day forward my career was over since people I worked with began treating me as an outcast and even the acting community we were involved with wouldn't have anything to do with me.  Like he can't be in this play he has cancer.  

I was later laid off from my job with other people who had health issues because the company didn't want to pay our health care insurance.  Yes, people are that cruel.  This is the reality of our loving America.

When something like that happens to you - you really start to see the things in life that we take for granted.  As in my case, my loving wife and son.  My immediate family.  The birds outside who are grateful that you feed them and sing you songs.  The ocean.  The library.  A hamburger.  Greasy french fries.  Rock and roll.  Our kitties.  That person on the street who gives you a hello and a smile.  

About a week after the diagnosis I decided to 'live'.  We took control of our treatment, began many different mind/body techniques, and many other things.  

The most important was being happy and having fun.  We started by turning off the negative news, quit reading the negative newspaper, stay away from negative people, don't read depressing books, not watch dramas, but keep everything upbeat.  Watch funny movies, watch comedians, get into nature, and just laugh about it all.  I even showed up for my initial chemotherapy wearing a plastic hockey goalie mask.  All the patients and doctors were laughing out loud.

About two years later I found Bob Monroe and TMI.  I also had some miraculous things happen with them.  I went there because a white haired guy I saw while listening to 'Moment of Revelation' and 'The Visit' told me to, "Go to the Monroe Institute and you'll be cured of cancer."

Yes, I have been 'over there' and yes it is a beautiful place.  There were times in 1999 and 2000 where I didn't want to come back to this realm.  But some energy forms or whatever they are reminded me that I asked to come to this earth and live this life.  They told me that it wasn't my time to come over there.  They also reminded me of my loving wife and son who loves me being here.

I don't know why I wrote this for you but maybe to let you know that after reading your post that I care for you.  One other person on this planet and I"m sure there are many, many others love and care about you.  And from what I've read about on here - love is what it is all about.

Sincerely,

Dan Bailey  

"Hard work is for people who lack talent."  - George Carlin

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #6 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 5:12am

Nick,

You have always existed and always will continue to exist. So by suicide you cannot change that fact and you will just enter a new existence by doing this. You are free to do what you like with this present existence, but you will then have to come back and relearn what you failed to learn.

Suicide is thus a useless effort to exape reality, but doing it will not lead to punishment in the hereafter. God is gracious, slow to anger and infinite in mercy.

Regards

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

tgecks

Dahlonega, Georgia
Reply #7 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 11:10am

Nick-

There is no point. There is nothing to learn, only to remember.

It would seem that you are ready to begin, again. When you surrender your life, the Universe says "Thank you" and then says, "Fasten your seat belt." Marianne Williamson says she thought that God would come in and maybe paint and put up some new curtains, but when it/he/she/they arrived the whole figurative house of belief was knocked down to the foundations. Bruce might call this a "System Crash" but whatever it is called, it takes a bit of time to mellow. Now the miracles can come.....

Welcome, and keep on searching. There is simply no thing else to do.

Of course, I would echo the endorsement of The Monroe Institute, having just come home from Starlines last week. It was wonderful and great fun to roam the physical Universe. We are specks, very small ones at that. Monroe is a great frame to begin with, like a bike with training wheels (but expensive, about $2000 for a week).

Hope this helps. There really IS light at the end of the tunnel. This is the way out, off this merry-go-round.

Thomas

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 1:42am

I've come to understand and believe that home is where you open your heart at.

So it doesn't seem to make much difference if the context is "physical" nonphysical, etc.

Btw, i've experienced what you have experienced in those kinds of feelings. 

For me, i've found that two things really needed to change in order for me to feel more joyful in life and at peace with self.   

One was to become less self focussed/oriented, and two a really imbalanced and toxin filled physical body really facilitated some rather negative emotional-mental states. 

The more i changed and change both of those, the more consistently joyful and at peace with life and self i become.

I really hope you find what will work for you.  Perhaps your and all of ours true heritage is joyfulness no matter "where" we are?

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #9 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 2:42pm

We are powerful spirit beings and have the ability to change our mind for the better. It is much easier to do so if we "don't" listen to the thought patterns that limit us. They never have the answer.

There is no event in life that has the power to eternally wound us, unless we give it the power to do so.

We can also pray for help. I've found that praying really helps, but we have to do our part.

Our existence is eternal, so we might as well learn to make the best of it sooner than later. It is true that life in this World presents special challenges. Each of us signed up for these challenges, so why not make the best of them? In the end each of us will find that the challenges of life helped us in some way.  We develop spiritual muscles.
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2008 at 7:10pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

Nick247

Manchester
Reply #10 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 5:23pm

Thank you everyone for the amazing replys.

I've decided that i'm not going to do anything stupid but instead i'm just going to carry on with life and take what ever it throw's at me, if there is anything left to throw at me that is lol

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 6:45pm

Nick247 wrote on Aug 8th, 2008 at 5:23pm:
Thank you everyone for the amazing replys.

I've decided that i'm not going to do anything stupid but instead i'm just going to carry on with life and take what ever it throw's at me, if there is anything left to throw at me that is lol

So good to hear!   Smiley

IP Logged

Buddy Love

Winston-Salem, NC
Reply #12 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 7:01pm

Nick,

That's great to hear man.  If you ever want to tallk offline just email me anytime.  Be happy and have fun!   Cool

Dan

"Hard work is for people who lack talent."  - George Carlin

IP Logged

Starboom

Norway
Reply #13 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 3:18am

I'm glad to hear that all these replies has helped you, nick. I don't really have anything to add, because pretty much everything has been covered. But good luck in finding a meaning with your life. And should you not find any, then create one, or several. Smiley

One more season.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.