Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Back injury - what to do? (Read 9386 times)
vajra
Ex Member

Back injury - what to do?
Jul 30th, 2008 at 1:27pm

Stupidly messing about on a quad (a small 4 wheel motorcycle like recreational thingy) last Sunday evening I managed to slip off the back to land squarely on the end of my spine. ( Roll Eyes don't ask why I've not learned better by age 52)

It was only a small fall, but I seem to have injured the disc in my lower back I had surgery on in the 90s. So far it's feeling a little better, but I'm stuck in bed on pain killers and unable to sit or stand. A scan in the next few days may shed some light on what I've done.

I guess I'm wondering what you guys feel the best method of bringing some higher healing to bear might be, and what the rights and wrongs  of seeking this might be too. It seems I've some residual attachment to motorcycle riding to drop....

IP Logged

PhantasyMan

Québec
Re: Back injury - what to do?
Reply #1 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 2:14pm

The best way is to allow your physical body to heal and use your intention to amplify it (with visualisation or anything else that you want)....  and learn from it Smiley

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #2 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 3:06pm

Dear Vajra,

The herbal homeopathic healing Arnica is the most helpful pain antidote I've found in decades of searching. It limits pain and swelling, thus allowing your natural processes to recover. The gel works well since you can control where it's applied. There are also pill and cream forms. It's made from a wildflower.

It heals by ( re-)bonding the subtle bodies, so you might have to delay your OB work until you're no longer using it. No other side effects that I can notice.

And ask your Guidance to tell you what's best for you.

Be well soon, Dearone!

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 7:09pm

Hey there, so sorry to hear about your back, Vajra. I remember well the few spells I have had flat on my back with similar problems. Once, the upper back, then the lower. At one point, I never thought I would be able to sit cross-legged again. At another, I could not hold my head up.

It's an interesting process, moving through all that pain, building strength back into a weakened area of the body. It can also be very discouraging because it sometimes takes a while.

However, anything that happens to the physical body can be an incredible learning experience, in many ways.

I recommend lots of guided meditation to ease pain, along with any pain remedies you are using. I like Energy Walk, from the Monroe Institute, because it gives you healing energy from the earth, as well as a pain relieving technique. But anything will do, really, just to take the body/mind away from its own anxiety.

Let us know what you find out. I hope you are receiving enough support from family and friends. I found that I really was not, at the time. However, I didn't let that stop me from healing and feeling victorious!

And, because of my own determination, I can sit on the floor cross-legged today. That means a lot to me.

Sending loving thoughts your way, blink

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #4 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 8:33pm

Hi Ian, I'm working on it. have done some absent healing, better on the receiving end I am then sending it, but you know I'm going to do some work tonight for you.

forgot to tell you to feel grateful "before" the healing gets there. this speeds it up.

I've also emailed Rick, who popped my discs back into place about a year ago, to aide me tonight.

and I hope some forum members help us with this one, by sending a wellness thought or whatever they feel led to do.
hang in sweetie! have faith! love you!

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #5 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 12:54am

Vajra;
Healing on the way..for the good of all; so be it.

With love;Romain

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 10:00am

Thank you so much guys, your response has been so very generous and helpful. It seems like I'm far from alone in experiencing back problems - they can be so debilitating.

That said my situation is minor compared to that of SL's brother on the 'help' thread, please don't shift your attention away from him.

It's been an interesting 24 hrs since I posted. It wasn't initially my inclination to do so, but I wanted to share and explore some surrounding thoughts,  and how it's brought such a shift in vibe that time.

Trying to see the big picture there's as usual lots of happenstance around. Last week I spent quite a lot of time on ch 2.5 of ACIM which is quite clear that mind free of fear and the resulting conflicting beliefs and trusting in higher power is the route to healing - physical and other.

So then (lo and behold) it happened that I did the disc in my lower back on Sunday in a very moderate and unusual fall - by landing on my backside in probably the only way that could have done damage, and have been immobilised ever since..

I started the week having dropped into conventional bloody back, what about work, illness and hospitals/doctors thinking mode, but trying to 'see' a bit more in the situation the following emerged:

The 'accident' wasn't just that.
I'm a bit worried that there's a possibility I may have done significant damage to an already marginal back.
There's an ego attachment to bikes and the status being 'good' at them confers. (much of my persona/confidence as a younger guy was built from racing)
There's a lot of guilt as to the consequences for myself and others in there too.

My task around that lot I think is to ask for and open to higher assistance in resolving the injury, and more importantly in letting go the dodgy beliefs that led to my getting hurt. (again!) There's the possibility too though that something much larger regarding life direction, future state or whatever is in play.

Then an e-mail arrived this morning with this very good newsletter by the TAT foundation - with the main articles by Bart Marshall and Douglas Harding being on the very issue of aligning will and destiny. http://www.tatfoundation.org/forum.htm Another major happenstance....

Either way I'm looking for a miracle in ACIM terms - it also says that I don't need to and actually shouldn't try to figure it all out for myself, that it's safer to rely on spirit getting it right.

What a difference your efforts made last night. I did a couple of hours from this end too and then slept soundly all night. No noticeable change in it this morning though, although lots of light about and no pain at all when I got down a little deeper.

Which is fine except that then phone rang about an hour ago. It was the secretary of the doc who worked on it back in the 90s, I'd left a message on his phone a couple of days ago. He questioned the situation, said he wanted to bring me into hospital early next week to check it out in case there's anything needing urgent attention.

Which leaves me nicely hung between views, and wondering exactly what the lesson is.

Something about the call triggered a huge fluttering in my heart chakra. Don't know if it was simple fear, or spirit/my higher self reacting to what it could mean, or maybe even signalling that engaging with  conventional medicine is not a good idea.

Whatever it was it triggered a major flickering in the contact switched bedside lamp - the one I posted about before that's starting to look like it responds to energetic experience....

This stuff is so multidimensional, and multi levelled - nothing is ever quite what it seems.

Smiley The plan is to give the healing socks so that I can call him on Monday evening to say I'm fine, that it's starting to settle down...

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #7 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 11:54am

Hi Vajra,

Are you saying you're considering going purely one way or another--either healing through faith and prayer  OR following the doctor's info?

It takes time to dissolve a bone chip, for example. No one wants you to endure problems while we prayer-'blast' the problem.

Is this some sort of test of trust in healing powers? I just took a big trust step for myself but I haven't got any measure of my healing abilities for others.  Embarrassed   Good that Romain's really strong , as are the others.
OK, Ian, my prayers are on the way.

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 2:59pm

I'm not considering going one way or the other Bets. More that having started down the healing route this other option has surfaced and I'm not sure how to read it. Is it as you say a question of trust, or something else?

100% faith in the healing route would suggest I should cancel the investigative scan (to see if I've dislodged the metal and plastic bits put in ten years ago), on the other hand to know what's up would be good too. I'm certainly not planning treatment.

Not sure what's going on, but i could feel a definite surge of heat up and down my spine somewhere between 5 and 6.00pm GMT today and got a real lift in energy - that's only a short while ago.

So thank you to you all...

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #9 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 3:27pm

Hi Vajra,

was that near the time you posted on Still Living's thread?  ... "As you give, so shall you receive..."?

Call me a coward but I think the technological guy (surgeon/ MD) should be allowed to check the metal and plastic. Healers may revitalize life but can they/we deal with those materials?  (I don't know, am just asking.)

My most intense healing prayers for you were around noon  US East Coast time. Compared to the time you report that seems abit slow for these nano-bits, but maybe they have to go round up compatible energies to make any effect.  Huh
(I don't know, I'm just wonderring.)

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 5:30pm

We're 5 hours ahead of EST here (we're on GMT) Bets, which puts it more or less on the nail. I first became conscious of the heat at about 5.45pm - having just crawled to the bathroom and was resting   Roll Eyes on the tiled floor.

It was so pleasant (like having a ray of sunshine focused on it) and such a contrast to the pain that I almost fell asleep (kept dropping into lucid dreaming, but not making much sense), but it faded by about 6.10 at which point I set out on the return journey to my bed.

I'm a bit cautious about the time shown for my message to SL as the time shown  places it at 6.00pm GMT at which time I was above.

Think what the doc wants to check is in case I've broken or dislodged one of the plastic pieces he put in.

Please accept my thanks and appreciation again all of you (Romain, Bets, Blink, Alysia, Phantasy Man and others) - it's an amazing  and humbling to experience to receive such a caring response. It gets me quite emotional.

There's also the likelihood that I felt your influence.

What an incredible reality we exist within...

IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #11 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 9:24pm

Quote:
I first became conscious of the heat at about 5.45pm -

It was so pleasant (like having a ray of sunshine focused on it) and such a contrast to the pain that I almost fell asleep

There's also the likelihood that I felt your influence.

What an incredible reality we exist within...

Vajra;
Don't worry too much about time..were timeless... Smiley

What a great confirmation you gave us; feeling of the heat. Like a ray of sunshine focused on it. ... Cool
That the way it should be.
Thank you again for letting us know of the result.

With love;Romain

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #12 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:27am

Ian, how are you managing to type at the puter?

I remember when I went thru the discs (two) out of place, I was crawling around on the floor, couldn't sit in a chair, so typed a "help" message to Rick on my knees.
I was sleeping on the floor because getting out of bed was too difficult.

so is it a good sign you can sit in a chair briefly?

btw, Rick worked with you last night..he told me he only got 3 hours sleep. Specifically, what I did was an energy dance where I brought PUL through my body and gave gratitude for YOU!

and I felt a welling up of this energy, and it told me all will be revealed why you are going thru this, it's because it's going to be over with, and then your consciousness will be stepped up.
you've been asking for this step up, it's just we can't understand why pain and illness is used this way.

It's ok to use medication and go to doctors according to ACIM.
I think you know this, I just hope the doc will not cause you more fear, due to him quoting "statistics."

as you know miracles of healing are outside the boundaries of statistics. I can see you are just seeing what's inside there, then you can make decisions how to proceed better. ACIM just says the ego promotes fear thoughts...so keep your center, you are only seeking information right now.

Bets, if Rick (with a nonphysical helper by his side) could pop two dislodged discs back in place, then if Ian has plastic out of place, that can also be fixed, if the mind can accept the possibility of that happening.

in my healing I had no choice of going to a doctor. I researched my condition, and it required minor? surgery as standard treatment.
I have no insurance, no money for expensive operations.
I would have just lain on the floor, and expired eventually, I'm sure, as I'm not afraid to leave..looking forward to it actually.

therefore my only option was to leave it up to Spirit, and Spirit told me that Rick loves me, he would do the fixing.

lol. later he told me, ah, I fix lawnmowers and computers, but this is the first time somebody asked me to fix their back!

healing seems to involve a bit of "thy will be done" attitude, where you release all fears, and just say, ok, I'm open to whatever you want me to do dear lord..

I'm a bit prejudiced about going under a knife, as I've viewed too many medical mishaps from doing so..
on the other hand, ACIM says to go to a healer, medical or not, means you are "joining" with them for your healing.
and joining with a brother is what ACIM is all about.

Just don't let them frighten you with making a decision that is wrong for you. Good doctors who present to you what they know, without using force on you, is what you want to find if you go that route.

Heal the mind first. the body follows the mind. but don't feel guilty to include all sources of information and advice.

Ian, some Disappearance of the Universe, ACIM thoughts:

All healing is a result of some kind of forgiveness, and all forgiveness leads to self healing.

The acceptance of sickness as a decision.....(note: it's saying you have a decision to make)
of the mind, for a purpose for which it would use the body, is the BASIS of healing.
here we are told we have a choice, and we are using our will also.

this is interesting: page 301 "you don't choose cancer on this level any more than a baby chose to be deformed on this level. Illness was made by your mind at a larger level."

and this: "you never join with their bodies, when healing others. and you never ask the holy spirit to heal the body. The body, sick or well is just a dream. (I know the pain is really felt, ACIM is referring to your true reality is that you are believing something that is not true about yourself on this level only, and this sets up a pain reaction)

Heres how JC done it: The process that takes place in the relationship between patient and therapist is actually one in which the therapist in his heart, tells the patient that all his (sins, as errors) have been forgiven. what could be the difference, he asks, between healing and forgiveness. none.
and he used to say after a healing "go and sin no more."

change sin to error, and you do away with religious inference, that causes fear and unworthiness feelings.

also this: the son of man (us) has authority on earth to forgive sins. He did not just mean that He had authority, he meant that you also have that authority.

this is what the church did not want us to know. that he has invested in us his own authority.

let us know what happens for you further Ian, we are all going thru some serious changes right now, but we should not be afraid.

love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

DocM

Reply #13 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:04am

Ian,

I echo what has been said, and will direct my thoughts to you and your healing.  PM me if you'd like any conventional Western medical advice, as this happens to be an area I deal with every day.

Best Regards,

Matthew

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 3:41pm

On typing - unfortunately I can't sit in a chair Alysia - I'm using a laptop while lying in bed - if I get exactly the right position it doesn't hurt so much. That said it has improved in that the pain has reduced, but I'm still very definitely down to crawling to the bathroom, and sliding on and off the bed.

Please thank Rick for me, and my thanks again to you all for your work. As yesterday it's helping a lot.

Ego is difficult in this situation all right Alysia - I was stranded in bed for six months with no improvement before my last surgery, it makes it harder not to presume the worst.

Dropping beliefs and forgiveness feel intuitively correct, but it's quite tough to get deep enough to access the level. Which I guess in ACIM terms is the reason we need to surrender and let higher help in to make the miracle.

The plan for the doctor is to just get it checked out in case there's nerve involvement or something else that's likely to escalate in the short term, but the risk is that I get sucked down that route. It's such a fine balance. To adopt a 'no doctors' view on principle smacks a bit of pre-judging, but on the other hand to go that route implies  being too fearful to wait for a miracle, or too egotistical to handle the uncertainty.

The plan is to as you say stay centred, to not make any sudden calls and allow time for healing, and for some sort of knowing to arise as to what's the best course. `There's no point getting hung up on going for healing if not blocking it is beyond me at my present stage, but nor is panic a good move.

It really is all about healing the mind. The Doc is very conservative, he's unlikely to force or rush anything.

You've been very brave Alysia to take the no insurance route.

Thanks again to you too Doc.

Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.