Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Previous Lives (Read 5252 times)
Inventech5

Previous Lives
Jul 30th, 2008 at 12:07am

Is it possible that my current life is my first life, meaning that I haven't had any previous lives?

IP Logged

ultra

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Previous Lives
Reply #1 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 12:33am

Hi Inventech5,

Yes, it is totally and completely possible.

- u

"What the soul sees and has experienced, that it knows; the rest is appearance, prejudice and opinion."
   - Sri Aurobindo

IP Logged

Inventech5

Reply #2 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 9:02am

CheesyThanks Cheesy

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #3 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 12:38pm

This only seems possible when you look at reincarnation in linear terms.  You must realize that all things happen simultaneously, including reincarnations.  That means right now, other aspects of your higher consciousness are living out their lives in different times, different places on earth, and in different parallel realities. 

I would assume that if you are looking at this in a linear manner, then your first life on Earth as a human would most likely be somewhere during the time of the first humans.  Most peoples ideas of the self are limited, so they dont consider the possibility that in a greater sense they experience all periods of time on Earth. 

The idea is that "you" yourself, your unique personality, will only have one life on earth(if you choose to), your other lives being experienced by other portions of your greater self, or different personalities of the same oversoul.  All of your other lives are being experienced by seemingly separate and unique personalities, yet they are at the same time yours in a higher sense.

I am beginning to suspect that it may not even be possible to come back for another life after your current one in the way most people think.  It seems we would have to send a portion of our consciousness, in the same way our higher selves send portions of itself to different times and even different parallel universes. 

Having the totality of your Earth personality consciousness-who you are right now- reincarnated would in a sense be like starting from scratch, discarding your personality and developing a new one.  Who we are is never discarded, however, only added to. 

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Inventech5

Reply #4 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 2:50pm

I Am Dude wrote on Jul 30th, 2008 at 12:38pm:
This only seems possible when you look at reincarnation in linear terms.  You must realize that all things happen simultaneously, including reincarnations.  That means right now, other aspects of your higher consciousness are living out their lives in different times, different places on earth, and in different parallel realities.  

I would assume that if you are looking at this in a linear manner, then your first life on Earth as a human would most likely be somewhere during the time of the first humans.  Most peoples ideas of the self are limited, so they dont consider the possibility that in a greater sense they experience all periods of time on Earth.  

The idea is that "you" yourself, your unique personality, will only have one life on earth(if you choose to), your other lives being experienced by other portions of your greater self, or different personalities of the same oversoul.  All of your other lives are being experienced by seemingly separate and unique personalities, yet they are at the same time yours in a higher sense.

I am beginning to suspect that it may not even be possible to come back for another life after your current one in the way most people think.  It seems we would have to send a portion of our consciousness, in the same way our higher selves send portions of itself to different times and even different parallel universes.  

Having the totality of your Earth personality consciousness-who you are right now- reincarnated would in a sense be like starting from scratch, discarding your personality and developing a new one.  Who we are is never discarded, however, only added to.  

I'm not sure if I completely understand this, but what I get from it is that my greater self sends parts of him or herself down to earth and when they die, their minds are basically uploaded to the higher self?  I don't if thats clear enough, but whatever.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #5 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 3:21pm

Hello Inventech,

The issue of reincarnation is, in my opinion a complicated discussion.  There have been cases of people with vivid "past life" recall, and reports of young children giving vivid descriptions of a previous life, when they couldn't have possibly known the details given.  It is unclear however, whether the person/individual consciousness actually experienced that life, or is somehow accessing the information, and assuming it was them.  Don, on this board has even pointed out the possibility of fraud from the other side seeming to promote the notion of real past lives.

One way to look at it is that many religions teach that we are all part of a unity, and that individuality is an illusion.  By this way of thinking, tracking our own past lives, is, in effect getting caught up in an egocentric process - a part of the illusion.  Our consciousness exists in the ever-present, here and now but is not static.  Consciousness is always in evolution, moving from one state to another.  If you feel that it is important to examine your past state of mind, then exploring this area may be of benefit to you.  However. confusion is certainly possible while we are incarnate here on earth. 

I have not been a big fan of the disc/oversoul theory, in the sense that it perpetuates the same separateness from the whole that individual life on earth is sometimes centered on.  We, as individual points of consciousness are all part of the same family, waves on the ocean as it were, and thus, focusing on the disc (perhaps a bay or region of the ocean) sometimes makes us give more emphasis to the disc, but lose sight of the bigger unity (God/the ocean).  I have never liked the term disc, as it is too clinical for me, and I suppose the term soul group or oversoul might strike me as being a better term.

My take on this, by the way is that while we are centered in an ego related way of thinking, and sharing love with our friends and family, we do gather into these groups of souls/discs, as we explore our consciousness.  Eventually, I believe these groupings disband when we become more selfless and less egocentric in our own consciousness. 

As to whether we are doomed to cycle back to the earth again and again - I prefer not to give in to fear or fatalism.  We seem to have free will while here on earth.  It would seem that we will have free will in an afterlife or another plane of consciousness.  If karmic entanglements and our own desire for separation seduces us back in some way to being born, I strongly believe that we willingly participate in the decision.  It just doesn't make sense that free will exists here, but not in other planes of consciousness.

Matthew

IP Logged

george stone

Reply #6 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 3:59pm

I believe in reincarnation,because when my daughter was 3 she was standing up in the back seat,we were in town stuck in travic,when this old lady with a cane walked by on the sidewalk,sudenley she said,mom see the woman there,she was my mother one time.I was kind of shocked,because i never beieved in reincarnation before this.now i do.question i have is how come it toke us some 5000 years to be born? George

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #7 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 4:09pm

Hi George,

One reason you may have heard it takes that long is that we have other places to go. Perhaps what you heard was thinking only of a previous Earth life.

Only some experiences are possible in matters like we have here. Perhaps in a gas planet we would learn to trust our ability to fly. Perhaps in an ice planet we wold overcome any fear of cold--I don't know what the range of experiences could be but they might be infinite !   Shocked

I've heard people here say that they remember lives in water and lives surrounded by non-humans.

Where'd you hear about a 5000-year wait?

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

george stone

Reply #8 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 6:24pm

What were talking about here bets,ie that if we only have life,than how come it took me over 5000 years to be born.George

IP Logged

Old Dood

Lansing
Reply #9 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 6:47pm

Try not to think about 'Previous Lives' as if you are looking back along a 'Line of Lives'.
Our lives are not linear.  Time is not linear.

Try to think about your lives as a Sphere where everything (Your lives) goes back to the center of the Sphere. (Your 'Higher Self')
Your 3D lives are like spokes inside a ball.

In other words your 'lives' are all taking place at the same time.

Make sense?

IP Logged

george stone

Reply #10 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 12:07am

I just dont understand that they are all happing at the same time.I know I can go back to the time of my child time,and it just like it happened yesterday,but it was in this life.how are all life times happening at the same time.it just dont make any sense to me.George

IP Logged

Old Dood

Lansing
Reply #11 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 8:22am

george stone wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 12:07am:
I just dont understand that they are all happing at the same time.I know I can go back to the time of my child time,and it just like it happened yesterday,but it was in this life.how are all life times happening at the same time.it just dont make any sense to me.George

Yes, I understand how confusing that can be.
However, 'Time is Relative'.  
In our existence of our 3D world we experience linear time.
It is basically an illusion.
This is why when people have had NDEs and they felt like they were gone for a long time in fact when they woke up they were gone for mere seconds and/or minutes.
Same for anyone in between lives. They could be 'dead' for a 'long time' to their minds.
When in fact when they do reincarnate they were not gone all that long from our perspective here in this 3D world.

I do not propose to have all the answers.  I have many questions myself.
However, how it was explained to me about simultaneous lives makes sense to me.

It is 'easier' for me to think of my past lives as linear. One after another.
In fact in this 3D shell that we live in now that is how we are taught to proccess our thinking.
We are taught to think in linear time.

George you are going to just have to do your own research on the internet (Google, Live Search, Yahoo, etc) and look for your own answers.
This is how I found some answers.
'Ask and Ye shall receive...' really works. Smiley

Another way to 'look' at it is this...
The Universe is not a flat plane or a strait line to 'somewhere'.
There is no end or beginning to the universe.
The Universe is a Sphere/Ball that everything is within.
In fact there is more then one Universe.
We live in a Multiverse of many, many Universes...
(That is not even counting all the levels of each universe or dimensions within each universe)
The Universe/Multiverse is a consciousness as we are consciousness.

I grant you it is heavy thought and hard to wrap one's mind around it...
However, *I* believe it to be true...

This might help...
Here is a NDE experience a man named Mark Horton had:
http://www.mindspring.com/~scottr/nde/markh.html

It is one of the most revealing NDE experiences that *I* have ever read on the Universe...

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #12 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 9:40am

Linnear thinking and the notion of time seems to apply here, in the physical world.  There are many different sources which document a notion of timelessness in the afterlife. It is more about moving from one state of mind to another - evolving that way without thought to the passing of time.  I can give you many references about this if you are interested.

I should point out here, that no matter how strong an intellectual argument is made for any scenario, all thoughts on this thread, (including my own) are strictly someone's opinion.  One of the more annoying aspects any forum is reading through posts where people will tell you their own take on things as if it is an incontrovertible fact.

So let me say, that we are truly not certain about certain issues, including reincarnation, and the living of lives simultaneously vis a vis a disc or oversoul vs. living sequentially.  I have seen strong logical discussions that support each point of view.  I have seen spiritual communications with deceased people who emphatically state one opinion or another.

I prefer to remain open minded about it all.  Reincarnation certainly makes sense as a possibility to me, however it may happen less often than we think.  I do believe that the soul is immortal.  As such, being so, we must evolve, and change/progress.  It is only natural.  Some of this, could conceiveably be done through several incarnations in the physical world. 

You can only continue to explore, to try to obtain proof for yourself about it all.  Whatever you do, we should not fall into a fatalistic thought process that catches us up in a wheel of karma, where we are forced to be reborn if we don't "get it right."  That kind of thinking is very negative, and in my opinion, hogwash.

Matthew

IP Logged

george stone

Reply #13 - Aug 3rd, 2008 at 5:41pm

Doc,you said the the soul is imortal.I read a pasage where Jesus,do not worry about those who can kill the body,but cannot kill the soal.But beware of him who can kill both.George

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.