Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Gateway Experience Journal (Read 13413 times)
spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Gateway Experience Journal
Reply #15 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 8:11pm

Hi Reborn,
quote: "Have you completed the Gateway Spooky?"
    Yes, GV and Lifeline.
    A little while after the Gateway Voyage I was curious what might be beyond Focus 21, so in a HemiSync session at home I asked for a brief look on the region beyond F21, and some minutes later I had my first retrieval experience. So, it is not necessary in every case to attend Lifeline to do that, but it helps many people to pay more attention to those kind of experiences, and accept them as possibly real. Crossing water, as it was in your dream, can symbolize the journey to another nonphysical region. You might enjoy an extra-exercise. Play back a free-flow Focus10 recording and imagine you would return to this dead guy and see what happens. You can ask for a guide if you feel like. You might talk to him if he's allright and such. You might say, you know a better place for him to stay, and that you would get him someone to bring him there.
    I have this OBE-CD set. The day when it arrived, I had an OBE, but before I listened to them! Don't know if this was just coincidence. I used them several times, and will use them in the future, but so far, while listening, I had no OBE. It sounds a bit different than the Gateway tapes, more like you sit in in an aeroplane and hear some humming pink noise, it's relaxing. I'm working on my relaxation and quieting-the-mind skills without aid (except earplugs), and then try again. From my experience, these skills have to be extremely good developed to achieve an OBE on a regular basis. I've had three OBEs, and all while bodily sound asleep, when I became more conscious in/after a dream.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Reborn

Reply #16 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 7:50am

Thank you all for your comments

Joe, I have decided to the exercises 3 times before moving on to the next.  Initially I felt like doing an exercise many times to get it "mastered" before moving on, but I now think that could take me forever to get anywhere lol.

Alysia, in my life I have attempted to get out of my comfort zone inorder to improve.  My way of thinking is that once we tackle our fear region, our comfort zone grows and encapsulates it. 

To do a retrieval I still need to do a obe first? 

Spooky, that is an interesting interpretation.  Right now I have done "Exploration Sleep" twice.  Will do it the third time tonight.  Again when I did it yesterday, I remembered my dream.  When I get into the free flow exercise, I will give it a go in remembering that man.

IP Logged

Reborn

Reply #17 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 8:05am

spooky2 wrote on Jul 18th, 2008 at 8:11pm:
    I have this OBE-CD set. The day when it arrived, I had an OBE, but before I listened to them! Don't know if this was just coincidence. I used them several times, and will use them in the future, but so far, while listening, I had no OBE. It sounds a bit different than the Gateway tapes, more like you sit in in an aeroplane and hear some humming pink noise, it's relaxing. I'm working on my relaxation and quieting-the-mind skills without aid (except earplugs), and then try again. From my experience, these skills have to be extremely good developed to achieve an OBE on a regular basis. I've had three OBEs, and all while bodily sound asleep, when I became more conscious in/after a dream.

Spooky

I have a feeling the obe cd set may help more for obe since the sessions are one hour long while the gateways are 35 mins.  The gateway will offer take us to higher states though.  I think I'll get the cd set and work through it in between gateway exercises.

So how did you get your obe.  You actually fell asleep first and then realising you are actually dreaming, you managed to get out of body? And before falling asleep, you were doing your exercises?

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #18 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 10:45pm

Hi Reborn,
yes, 35min is too short for a good exploration I'd say. You could edit the recording on your computer, repeating some parts of an exercise.

About my OBE, look here:
http://afterlife-knowledge.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1152315176/0#0

Spooky

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #19 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 1:34am

Reborn asked: To do a retrieval I still need to do a obe first?
____

briefly, no.  Phasing is more preferable, more advanced type of retrieval. Obe or dreaming, are related altered states. there's no right way or wrong way. Monroe at first was going obe. Later, the phasing was taught by his students.
I have only phased a few times. It is from C1 you do it. directly, without going to sleep. It reminds me of remote viewing, but with a spiritual slant of desiring to help.

yes, very good synopsis of your fear expanding into your comfort zone. or, say, making friends with fears. most fears I've been with I discovered had no real basis, except in my propensity to frighten myself.
___

while you are doing various exercises, I'm sure something good will happen for you. I would like to mention the 3x3 breath, energy drawing exercise as extraordinarily helpful for one of first phasing/retrievals. It's up in Resources here at the top of the page somewhere, and in Bruce's books.

1) bring energy in thru the feet, circle it up the body, don't hurry, bring it out the head and circle it back to the feet. keep circling it while expanding it outward. Try to feel it moving. as an added feature, I circled the energy to the top of the world.. I then expanded PUL in all directions.
when I came back to C1, kinda floated around with a goofy smile on my face, very relaxed until the phasing retrieval began. A guide had arrived to assist me and we spoke before taking off. She asked me what I wanted to do. I told her a retrieval. On the way, she disappeared but I encountered other guides along the way.

These exercises, though requiring disapline, which I have little of that, they are very important. Good for you, that you are motivated.

Spooky, I reread your fantastic, dual consciousness obe again. I remember it from 2006. I think the way u describe Monroe fits him pretty well, as I remember meeting with him out there briefly once too. he didn't have a mustache to show me, but that's ok. I'm sure it was him! I also saw once people sitting in circles at TMI.

that's amazing obe Spooky, yes I do believe there is more than one body that we have. it seems though, it's one of those once in a lifetime experiences, as it seems to mind boggling to have those more often occur, don't u think?
all my experiences were one time events, never to be repeated even if I wanted to.

love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #20 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 10:17pm

Alysia wrote:
"it seems though, it's one of those once in a lifetime experiences, as it seems to mind boggling to have those more often occur, don't u think?"

Can't get enough of that stuff! Well, honestly, to experience there is no reliable reality anymore, having no control and not knowing what's happening is highly unpleasant and not amusing. But if something similar would happen again, I might react cooler, with the previous experience in my mind. I'd like to fly around with this awsome clear sight as sometimes is reported, a sight I've had one single time, briefly, in a lucid dream.

Spooky

IP Logged

Reborn

Reply #21 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 5:15am

LaffingRain wrote on Jul 23rd, 2008 at 1:34am:
Reborn asked: To do a retrieval I still need to do a obe first?
____

briefly, no.  Phasing is more preferable, more advanced type of retrieval. Obe or dreaming, are related altered states. there's no right way or wrong way. Monroe at first was going obe. Later, the phasing was taught by his students.
I have only phased a few times. It is from C1 you do it. directly, without going to sleep. It reminds me of remote viewing, but with a spiritual slant of desiring to help.

There is certainly alot for me to learn.  Phasing vs OBE method, different focus levels, different techniques.  I'll need to do baby steps and concentrate on each at a time. I have been listening to Robert Bruce techniques and he advocates sitting down rather than lying down.  He suggest we imagine and feel we are pulling ourselves up a rope with our eyes closed. 

I am finishing the second Monroe book "Far Journeys".  I have "Ultimate Journeys" and "Astral Dynamics", still deciding what to start on next.  I'll buy all of Bruce Moens books in the next few days from amazon.

Recently I have moved onto the free flow exercise.  The first session started yesterday, though sleeping next to my wife and baby didn't give me much room to relax lol.  I do feel more tingling while doing my resonant energy ballon.  As I draw up energy from my feet, i could feel the tingle as to where the energy I visualise is moving. I don't think I acheived a proper focus 10 this time because of the condition.  I remember a strange dream (I notice that I have a pronounced dream whenever I do "Exploration Sleep" and this time "Free Flow" just before sleep).  The dream completely random but I'll note it down anyway.

I was driving my porche (I don't have one in real life) and then I saw growing areas of blackness on the ground.  Its seems that these areas of blackness come from something alien and I should not get on it for it is dangerous.  For some reason, I got out of my car and went somewhere else.  After a while I realised I could not get back to where the car as the blackness has blocked the path.  Next thing I know, the car comes crusing down with sparks, fully modified encased in a metallic metal.  It had a life of its own.  Four pillars unfold out from the car emitting this blackness and it flew off.

Spooky, your OBE experience is truly amazing.  Thanks for sharing.  Did you notice that after your first experience, it became easier to achieve a obe there after?

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #22 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 3:15pm

Alyasa, I don't think Bob was the first to go OOB, or have a OBE. He came up with the arcanum mind you. People have been going OOB sense bodies came into play or so I would think.

Reborn...body asleep, mind awake.. Also, In my personal experiences, I have "seen" my energy as a vehicle many times. Sometimes as a car and other times as a plane.
responding to what you wrote...as they do at TMI my response is Hmm...OK.....What do you think?  Is there anything else? (lol) By the way, you are doing very well.
Joe

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #23 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 9:55pm

"Phasing" was introduced by Monroe as a
1. General term, meaning simply that we can change our focus; when we focus on a nonphysical reality, we phase into this reality, and phase out of the physical reality. So, phasing is a synonym for changing our focus. From this, it contains OBEs as well as Bruces method of "Focused Attention".
2. Specific term. In "Far Journeys" he told of his discovery that he could skip some steps to get to a nonphysical destination; instead of going out of his physical body, then out of his second body, he would just "phase" out of the physical into the nonphysical.

Monroe often, at the end of a chapter describing a nonphysical journey, he wrote of a signal that he had to return to his body, or he just was pulled back. From this we can conclude, Monroe's journeys took place in a full out-of-body state.

Hawkeye: I think Alysia ment, in the early times of his experiences, Monroe went out of his body "classical", while later he learnt a simplier, quicker method (see above).

Spooky

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #24 - Jul 25th, 2008 at 3:48pm

thanks for clarifying Spooky about phasing.

I think, in discussing where you switched from one reality surrounding to another and that it was not amusing, or necessarily pleasant, I can understand, yet I think it was awesome.

at least my comparison, of seeing, perceiving two of me, a personality, and a higher self, that I can relate had some unpleasant feelings come with that, but only momentarily, as higher self had told me what to do about my personality.

then there was that other time; when I felt I had died and began working in some other environment, then the next moment opening my eyes in a motel room with the inference I was now back to my regular life with a different perspective on things.
I was relieved actually to be back. whew. still alive.

Reborn, yes you're doing good work. I can tell!

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Reborn

Reply #25 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 8:07am

Thanks for all your supportive comment.  I am sure your thoughts are helping my progress in some subconscious non physical level.

25/07/08
Just before sleep I did the  "Reinforcement Exercise Of Relaxation" from the obe cd.  I was quite surprised that there was resonant tuning exercise but just the breathing exercise that was taught in "focus 3" of the Gateway Series.  Did my gateway affirmation and Monroe counted to slowly to 10 and I felt myself getting more and more relaxed with each count.  When I reached 10 it I felt very relaxed and enjoyed the feeling.  After the exercise I took off the headphones and drift to sleep at around 1am.

26/07/08
I awoke at 6am in the morning.  Felt tired but I also wanted to do an hemi sync exercise, since William Buhlman said waking  up after several hours of sleep and attempting OBE is one of the techniques that he uses.  So I put on my headphones on and listen to "Condition A" of the obe cd. Monroe, described Condition A as "the ability to hold calmly in the borderland sleep state, indefinitely, with your mind on an exclusive thought."   I did my gateway affirmation.  All I heard was white noise, and in a sort while Monroe says "Remember your purpose..".  I did not feel relaxed at all, just feel tired.  The environment did not help as I heard cars driving past and my baby occasionally crying in the other room.  After around 20+ minutes, I got bored and took off the headphones and drift to sleep (saying my affirmation just beforehand).

I had a pronounced dream again (bear with me on this one).  I dreamt I was waiting at a bus stop to go somewhere.  Then I reached a shopping centre.  There was not a lot of shops.  My met my friend Russel there who went to the hairdressers.  I followed him and then left him to go for a walk while he had his haircut.  I then saw my 10 year old nephew eating chips outside of Mc Donalds.  I asked him, "why are you eating chips, its almost 6pm and you won't be able to have dinner".  He said Russel bought the food for him.  I said "you should just not accept it as you're going to have dinner soon".  I then walked over to the cinema (I felt I was with my wife but I did not see her), and walked into the doors where they were supposed to play "Terminator Salvation".  When I got in I was alone, and all the seats were empty.  I decided to exit the empty screening, but could not see where I entered.  So I just walked down some steps.  when I got down the steps, on my right was a wide wooden door.  I noticed I could not walk any more.  As much as I tried I was walking on the same spot!  I thought "how could this be".  Then I realised that I am dreaming!  I was ecstatic (William Buhlman says the best way to go OBE is from a dream).  I was thinking "I finally done it!  Wooohooo! I realise I am dreaming.  Now I can go OBE!...errr..ok..what do I do....ok imagine I am flying...fly!".  I did not see myself fly in the dream.  The visual is still the same.  I am still standing there next to the wooden door. BUT i felt my physical body floating.  "Yeaaaah!  Ok...open the eyes!".  Then all of a sudden I am in my bed, I see the bedroom door slightly open and there is the morning light coming through.  From the visual, I know my head is on the pillow on the bed looking at the side of the room with the door.  BUT i feel my entire body except from my head floating.  So if you picture this....its like my physical body is lying on its side facing and my non-physical floating at an angle to the physical because my head is still attached.  I felt no fear at all.  "I need to get out!"...i was trying to get out...and then I decided to used my arm.  I lifted my arm in front of me and pointed to the direction of the door (the door is like 3 metres away).  I saw a very faint outline of my arm and hand.  Then I attempted to reach to the door and pull myself out!  I felt my hand grab the door and I pulled.  Immediately there was a sudden jerk my visual.  The door has not moved and I am still 90% detached.  I felt tired and started losing focus.  I passed out and then in a quick few moments became awake and opened my eyes.  When I opened my eyes, I realised I was actually lying facing the opposite direction (towards my wife and the wall).  I then turned myself over to look at the door.  The position of the visual was exactly as it was when I saw it a few moments ago, and the door looked exactly as it was i.e. slightly open with the morning light coming through. 

Things to note here.  I did not feel any vibration.  I felt immediate floating instead.  I felt really nice also.  I did not feel fear.  I felt excited, happy and determined to detach myself from the physical.

What I will trying next time (hope I will remember!) if I am in a similar situation...is:

- say "clarity now! awareness now!" , which should help my focus
- while struggling to detach myself, ask "I deeply desire the help, and assistance of those who's wisdom and development is greater than or equal to my own".  Hopefully someone nice could pull me out  Smiley

I am really happy as it seems the hemi sync exercises seems to have been working on my subconscious even when I feel its not been doing anything and most important I feel I have made progress.  Thanks for the encouragement guys!

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #26 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 9:53pm

Congratulations! You're quick!

Spooky

IP Logged

Reborn

Reply #27 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 11:30am

Thanks Spooky.  Just to say I have not been doing the exercises recently.  For the past 5 days, I've had a sharp pain in my left hemisphere and also pressure.  Not sure what it is, so I have paused my journey until it gets better.

IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #28 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 12:59pm

Reborn wrote on Jul 21st, 2008 at 7:50am:
Joe, I have decided to the exercises 3 times before moving on to the next.  Initially I felt like doing an exercise many times to get it "mastered" before moving on, but I now think that could take me forever to get anywhere lol.
To do a retrieval I still need to do a obe first?

Hello Reborn;
Mastered and exercise before moving on; don't think we really have to mastered a exercise or exercises. But having a fair working knowledge of it would work also. If my memory serve me right; with the GE there a booklet with informaitons and i think they do say not to try to master an exercise but to continue with the next one when you feel comfortable; As Joe say they do build on the previous tapes/cd. I know there a few that i haven't mastered myself..lol
To do retreival do you need to go OBE, imo..no.
Bruce try many time to go OBE and was not very sucessful, phazing is more in his field.

Keep at it is all i can say you'll get there and please keep posting about your journey.
With love; Romain

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #29 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 3:52pm

Hi,

OBEs are ultimately unnecessary but because they have some slight physical sensations, they seem more 'real' for newbies.  At least this is what I recall.
The phazing then can just sort of ease itself in and substitute for the more awkward OB exits.
With phazing here's less 'friction' as the subtle bodies slide out, so it's probably less wearing, and so it allows a person to get "out" more often.
Smiley There are always new goals, new experiences, Reborn.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.