Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Gateway Experience Journal (Read 13383 times)
Reborn

Gateway Experience Journal
Jul 14th, 2008 at 5:57am

I all.  I am new to all this, and started using the hemi sync gateway program.  I read outofbodydude's journal and it was really fascinating and useful.  I will be writing my development with the program here.

Ok…I am still doing the same exercise “advanced focus 10” to get better at the fundamentals.

Here it is…on Friday night I did not feel tingling in resonant tuning.  However when I was doing my resonant energy balloon, felt tingling as well as what can only be described as “cold heat” on the soles of my feet (imagining energy coming from my head and receiving again on soles of feet).

Yesterday, I felt tingling on my body each time I did the breath in on the resonant tuning.  This time I made a decision to believe that there is energy around rather that just visualize. I was lying down with my palms facing down.  Not soon after I was in focus 10, I suddenly realized two of my thumbs were pointing upwards (through no conscious desire).  So I relaxed them again and let them drop.  Towards the end of focus 10, I suddenly saw a bright orange light.  Immediately I saw it as a digital display of time at maybe around 2 meter distance away.  This was a surprise to me and I was slightly startled so I immediately opened my eyes and it was gone when I closed them again. I wonder what I have just seen...is it a dream image...is it a different state of conciousness??

IP Logged

hawkeye

Afterlife Knowledge Member

canada
Re: Gateway Experience Journal
Reply #1 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 1:05pm

Hi Reborn, The important thing is to remember that the tape or CD is just a tool. What do you think that the numbers were? An experience I had while doing a exercise at RMR during Lifeline was interesting. I was well into the CD and all the sudden I saw a frog. Big as can be and right beside of me. It freaked me out to say the least. The moment I allowed the emotion to effect me (freaked out) I came back to C1. What I had done was to go out of body and to a small water fountain just outside of my room. I was there right beside the frog. I was pissed at myself for allowing my emotion to end the out of body experience. That's the short run on what happened. So.......these numbers you saw....what did they look like again? I am not saying that you went OOB. Only you know. All I am saying is that, I was right beside that frog and had no idea of what or where I was at the time. Only when I excepted  the experience did I finally "get it".   
Joe

IP Logged

Reborn

Reply #2 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 6:08am

Hi Hawkeye,

Thanks for the insight.  I made a discovery yesterday.  I was reading "Journeys out of the body" by Monroe, and he talks about being on the borderland sleep state before a OBE.  In this state we see images and also light patterns which are influenced by our experience during the day.  That day I drove to the fields to pick strawberries.  Because there was a garden show going on, there was alot of traffic.  Hence I was stuck in traffic on my way home.  I journey that was supposed to take 15 minutes took over an hour.  Thinking of that day, I realised that the digital time and the colour of the digital is the same as the time display in my car!!!  The digital time display in my car is located in the centre just below the front window.  I was probably preoccupied with looking at the time while driving that this image pop in while I was in focus 10.

I think its time i progressed onto the next exercise tonight - "release and Recharge - detach from old fears and negative emotions".  I think fear is the major obstacle for me.  I mean all I saw was light and a digital time and I was startled (similar to your case regarding the frog).  It's easy to just think back and think that we should be afraid but its different when we actually experience it.

What is the lifeline program all about?  I want to go through the whole gateway series and then plan a trip to monroe institute for the 7 day course (which I have not decided yet).

IP Logged

tgecks

Dahlonega, Georgia
Reply #3 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 9:31am

Reborn-

Unless they have changed the "rules" at TMI (which is possible) you must take the Gateway program in person in order to do graduate programs. The Gateway is offered currently at TMI in Faber , VA, the IONS Peta Luma campus, and in Europe (Spain). It is occasionally done in Japan as well. When I was at the Remote Viewing Practicum one man had done only the CD series at home, and there was some discussion as to how he got in to a graduate programs without Gateway, and the loophole was closed (they said).

I might add that I did the entire series of six sets of Gateway CDs, up to and including what is called Focus 21. While I enjoyed it, it was nothing compared to being at Monroe, in an official CHEK unit, hearing Bob's voice in stereo, and with that fantastic group energy and intention. Evenif you can get in to Lifelines without an in-person Gateway, I think you should consider doing Gateway in person.

As for Lifelines-- It is a program designed to teach you to do retrievals and become familiar with the level called Focus 27, The Park at the end of the tunnel of light at NDE'ers describe. So far it is my favorite program I have taken (I have done Gateway, Guidelines, Heartlines, Exploration Essence, Exploration 27, Remote Viewing Practicum, and Starlines next week).

AS nice as those CD series CDs are, it is not a substitute for the in-person at TMI Gateway IMHO.

Thomas

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #4 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 1:09pm

Thomas is right in saying that there is nothing like attending TMI for Gateway and you really do get so much more. That is not to say that you won't get a lot from your home program. You will. The home program was specifically designed for just what you are doing. Originally Bob had only intended for home study courses to go up to Focus 12. Its thanks to Laurie that you can now go as far as Focus 21 at home. Enjoy all you get from your Cd's. They are worth every penny. Bruce's books and tapes should also be considered as well. And enjoy yourself looking around here as questions pop up. You can find a lot of help and answers to consider.

IP Logged

Reborn

Reply #5 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 9:09am

Thanks Thomas and hawkeye.

I will definately go to TMI for gateway.  Lifelines sounds really good.  I have read the retreivals archive here and its fascinating.  Its definately something I would like to do in the future.

15/07/08

I decided to progress onto the “Release and Recharge” exercise. This is an energy conversion exercise designed to clean, balance, and revitalize your entire system gently.  In this exercise I was told to do what I have learned in the previous exercises before further instructions when I reach focus 10.  The order is energy conversion box, resonant tuning, resonant energy balloon, the affirmation and get myself to focus 10.  I did the resonant tuning and then the resonant energy balloon.  During my REBAL I noticed the track go into humming.    Hence I have done all this too early!  So I started resonant tuning again.  During the resonant tuning and resonant energy balloon I did not feel the tingling as in previous exercises.  I counted up from 1 to 10. Relaxed each of my body parts starting from the jaw when I reached 4 until 10.  I was told to go to my energy conversion box and then to open and perceive my fear, blow it away in a bubble, perceive the emotion associated with the fear, blow that away and then feel the memory and emotion before the inset of this fear.  For me, I did not perceive anything when I opened the box.  I just blew away a empty bubble.  This process was repeated 3 times.

In the exercise I did not feel anything different, maybe because it’s the first time I doing what I learnt in the previous exercises without prompt (and so I did them too early), and in addition I felt really hot through out the exercise.  After the exercise I felt sweat on my back.  I believe this would have happened in spite of the exercise.  I wonder how important this exercise in my journey to out of body experience and to experience a higher state of consciousness.  Could it be missed?  I’ll give it another go before making a decision.

16/07/08

Did “Release and Recharge”.  This time I made sure I was not hot during the session by wearing a vest instead of a t-shirt and the duvet only covered me up to my waist.  Again with the energy conversion of perceiving my fear, I did not notice anything.  I did however move into a focus 10 state more deeply than yesterday as I started getting random images (the ones you get when you are just about to fall asleep which happen so quick you can’t remember them).  By the way, Monroe started the energy conversion before I counted to 10.  I was on count 4.  So I just breathed in, imagine the number 10 and breathed out.  Half way through the session I started feeling hot again!  When I finished the exercise I felt a bit sweaty on the back.  Is this to do with the exercise at all?  I also I am still wondering whether I should just skip this “Release and Recharge” exercise.

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #6 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 2:14pm

Heats good. It could shows an increase in vibrational activity. Now an empty bubble when you had been thing about what/...worries.... now what could they have meant? empty...nothing....?hmm.. (Remember, the heat is good. I suggest not skipping any exercises. 
I love focus 10 Smiley
Joe

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #7 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 2:36pm

Hi Reborn..I will let Joe and Thomas offer advice whether to skip release and recharge exercise as they are more qualified to answer.

but just from intuitive stance, if seems it bothers you to sweat some.
maybe it is distracting, yet maybe it has a deeper, spiritual cause, that you may be actually releasing something, more than just water through the skin, it could be toxins releasing associated with mental areas?

if so, you are on the right track for sure. please continue to share your exercises, I am deeply intrigued.

about the surprise element within Obe, or altered states and/or spiritual progression:

I am a Course in Miracles teacher of God, as well a student of life itself. I am quite in alignment with everything that comes out of TMI. Especially as we begin to speak of releasing fear/mental concepts about that in particular, and we discuss what PUL is.
so I'll try to illustrate my point with an Obe/retrieval account where fear was conquered, to do a retrieval, and replaced with the singular value of Love in all it's basic, uncomplicated beingness.
______

It appears that part of each person's journey on this Earth is the development of courage within the soul. Also it appears that where fear is in the subconscious area, this is like a block to express PUL, which would be our ultimate desire to express, as PUL itself expands mental concepts right into our afterlife areas.
____
therefore, the disiplines we undertake to release fear constructs is being illustrated on this thread by Reborn, and also by Dude, and all the others. we owe our progress to TMI and Monroe. I give gratitude.

One night I spontaneously found myself standing lucidity, with all of self awareness present, standing in a field, lonely and frightened.
Here I dealt with my fear; to be afraid or to be courageous?

I was able to think while out of body. this is not always the case.
I knew I had just been laying in bed shortly before this incident.
therefore I wondered how I had gotten to be standing in a field, and who knows but what I could be injured as apparently, I had not intended to be here.

somehow I still managed to enjoy the beauty of the moon and the night and the tall waving grain, and the stillness of it all.
A decision would have to be made whether to take flight or stay.
My curiosity won out. I stayed, to see what would happen.

As I made that decision, all fear left me and I sensed the dawning of courage upon me at that moment, because I believed ACIM, that nothing real can be threatened, that nothing unreal exists, herein lies the peace of God.

good decision. pat self on back and proceed. A colt approached, bounding over the dark grass of an acre of land, I heard only the rustle of it's approach, and for a moment a small fear returned, as I could see nothing and it could be another type of animal, not quite so friendly.  Finally fear left again as I viewed the colt. It was glad to see me. I realized at once the lonely feeling I had felt at first was coming from this colt, which was about to die in real time area.

At the present time, it lived in back of property. I had spent time watching it play with it's mother and it had given me pleasure.

I did not know it was a retrieval until later, as well, I was getting a peek at a future event, even as Reborn saw the digital clock he would see later. (a place of no time) I spoke to the colt and accepted I was now it's new owner briefly. the colt was relieved it was no longer alone. my love would save it from that circumstance.
then it was I knew I was spirit, and that PUL had joined us as one.

sensing I could not stay out here forever loving this little big critter, I somehow knew I could create a mother for it. we are so creative when out of body, no reason to think we cannot be creative and with courage as well within physical time/space reality.
Up pops an old mare..I am a bit surprised, but this is just what the colt needs to perform this retrieval. She is dying.
Her legs are folding into the dirt. She has no reason to carry on.
I again experience fear! NO! I command the mare, I tell her about the colt, that it is her purpose to nurture the colt, and so she must not die.

She listens to me. It seems I have power over life and death here.
she arises, I turn to the colt and direct his attention to her.
The colt makes it's own decision..sees it's own kind and runs to the mare and they immediately start bonding with snorts and head knocks and gentle whinneys..end of retrieval.

if this is not evidence of eternal life and related to PUL, then I will have to eat my hat collection.

and so paramount to be courageous in life no matter what circumstances we might find ourselves in, to know that fear is a misperception that we can be separated from living joyfully in by respecting all life forms, as the animals are also us.

the more we face off with fears, we can see, we are interested in overcoming the fight or flight extinct within our very DNA. It can be done, I promise you, to concentrate on the effects of PUL to change our hearts.  Smiley

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #8 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 8:58pm

Hi Reborn,
you don't have to repeat the release&recharge exercise until you feel something special. In the Gateway Voyage every exercise is only played back one time.

This energy conversion box you can modify as you like. It's function is, as Bob tells, to free you from any disturbing thoughts. Many people imagine a sort of vacuum cleaner, sometimes I imagine I send some thoughts into deep space, sometimes I imagine an office where I put those thoughts on the desk to go back to them later. You can imagine this briefly at every point in any exercise when some thoughts are de-focusing you.

Some people have OBEs while listening to HemiSync, but most people don't. Therefore, when focusing on an OBE, it might be that other experiences are overlooked. The breakthrough I had in the Gateway Voyage was, when I seemingly started to daydream. I was still aware of my physical body, and followed a story in visuals and mental language, of the perceptual type we know from daydreams. After the exercise I wrote it down. At some point I noticed, it was quite a lot what I had written down. And the story was very different from those I usually make up. That's the things you should just let unfold, even if it feels like fantasy at first.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Reborn

Reply #9 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 5:30am

Thanks for the support guys.

Joe, could there being no fear from the box meaning I have no concerns???

LaffingRain, thanks for sharing your experience on overcoming the fear.  The best way to overcome the fear is feel it and do it anyway.

Have you completed the Gateway Spooky?

17/07/08

Did “Exploration Sleep”.  This is where I go through the energy conversion box, the resonant tuning, the REBAL, affirmation and focus 10 on without prompting.  I did not notice anything special while of this (in addition my wife moving a bit in bed did not help – usually I do the exercises before bedtime, but decide to do this exercise at bedtime because we are supposed to just sleep afterwards).  Unlike that last two days, I did not feel hot this time (maybe the “Release and Recharge” was working at a subconscious level???).  I did not feel I was deep in focus 10.  When Monroe told me to turn my body like a log on water (this is when we turn our nonphysical), I tried to but felt it’s my physical muscles trying to do the work.  I guess I am not deep enough in focus 10.  After turning I was supposed to lift up away from my physical.  I did not achieve this.  Also in the session, he told us the sounds will make us remember our out of body during sleep.

Normally I don’t remember my dreams.  I think this is because I didn’t want to remember them.  To me this is a way for the brain to get rid of all useless information and rejuvenate.  Hence remembering dreams for me is detrimental to health.  However, to achieve OBE it is good to remember dreams so that eventually we are aware that we are actually in.  During this awareness, it’s a good opportunity to do a OBE (what I read from William Buhlmans book “Adventures Out of The Body” says). 

When we do remember the dream, it’s was suggested by William to write it down.  So here it is - today I had a dream about being in a grocery store with my wife.  This one is quite pronounced as I am typing this up at work and not straight after being awake.  There were two floors, and we were on the ground floor.  We were trying to look for something (I can’t remember what).  When we went to the till assistant to ask her where they were located, she didn’t really acknowledge us.  She just went to chat to the other till assistant at the other till parallel to hers.  I felt quite annoyed by this.  So we went upstairs.  They were selling sweets and snacks up there.  What caught my attention were pop corns in packets and transparent box.  I thought those would be useful when we go to the cinema.  Also during this time, I believe I wanted to get what we need as I had something to do afterwards.  That something is exercise (probably the gateway one!). 

I did have several different dreams before this one that is completely random.  One of them I had to swim across a swimming pool with my mum (I think) and we had to go through some obstacles (don’t remember what they were).  When I got out of a pool, I saw an older man sitting on a chair.  I believe he had been shot, and have just died.  His son walked away and as he did, his father started speaking (he was still dead but awake).  I felt sorry for him and shook his hands and hugged him.  However when his son came back to do the same, he refuse him. 

I do wonder what this dream means.  I am interested in doing the lifeline program in the future and would like to participate in retrievals of lost souls.  Well the first thing for me is to get out of body first!

Yesterday, I found a hemi sync cd series called “Journeys Out Of The Body” (http://www.astraldynamics.com/library/?BoardID=121) which is geared especially for OBE.  Have anyone tried this?  Should I give it a go (bearing in mind I am doing the Gateway at the moment).

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #10 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 1:43pm

Well Reborn, I don't know what it means. Its more important what you think than I. When you attend TMI and do Gateway you will find that no one is going to give you "the answers". You will get a lot of "OKs" , and "Hmm, all right then". You see, you are the one who knows whats, what. Not anybody else. Know one is there to have you believe what they think. Or is trying to lead you in their direction. They are just offering a way, not the only way, just one way, in helping you find out more about yourself. They never say that their way is the best or the only way to do it. Its just their way. 
Review the guides that come with the Cd's or tapes. Listen to the exercises as often as you wish before moving on. The first time I did my tapes I went through them all in order and sometime three of four a day. What I got from them still blows me away to this day. By the way, I listened to them on "mono" that first run through. Since I have gone through them a number of time. (in stereo) I still get so much from them every time I listen to them. I tend to use the freeflo tapes far more often than the others. Of course the take home exercises I got when I have attended different programs at TMI.
"Exploration Sleep" is the tape I was listening to at TMI for one of my first recognizable OOB experiences. (It may have a different name at TMI)I saw myself lift a leg over the top of myself to do the roll. Freaked me out and I went back in body. Spooky is right, you only do the tapes once at TMI. Although I think that its due to the amount of time you have there and the amount of tapes you have to listen to throughout the week. You can go back to Gateway as many time as you like. Redo the tapes or Cd's as often as you want. Be your own guide. Enjoy yourself.
Joe

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 2:27pm

Well said Joe.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #12 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 3:05pm

just one other thought for Reborn. Since u have a good handle about fear, in that you said the best way to overcome fear (which is also fears can be seen as doubts)  u said, to go ahead and feel fear, and then do it anyway.

excellent philosophy, and much better than standing still in indecision.
so, you could be trying that release exercise, and from what you said, you couldn't find anything like fear to release because you are already good at dealing with fear.

what I'd do in this case is save this exercise for if you need it at some point, where fear has returned about some situation. not that it will, but if you really have a handle on fear issues already, no sense trying to create fears just to get rid of them.

maybe you are ready to do retrievals? your dream of the dead man seems to imply that it might have been a sort of test you gave yourself. I found in my first retrieval, I did not know what I was doing, how to retrieve, so it seemed a test.

People think retrievals are some big mysterious thing when they can be a lot easier to perform than we think. I think you are going to be doing some here shortly, is my feeling.

to let u know how easy they can be, I did my first back in the early 80's without the use of any exercises, and discovered some others who do them spontaneously without studying much, they are just loving people doing what comes naturally.

Yet I so believe in TMI, and I am so grateful to Monroe and Bruce, all I have learned. For it was Bruce himself who told me I had done a genuine retrieval, but that I should return to the scene, just so I could be certain it was successful.

Not that it was vague or dreamlike, quite the contrary..I had just read Ultimate Journeys by Monroe at the point, and was curious if I could do a retrieval..while I was thinking about it, my curiosity and desire to do one acted to set an intention.

setting an intention is very important. Bruce talks of this in his books. Before we can do anything whatsoever, here/there, we must set an intention. Somehow the intention got shoved to the subconsciousness, yet nonetheless, I had set one.

so I won't reprint my first retrieval again, but I think you are able to set an intention to do one, and ask for a guide, as the guide really did help me a lot during the retrieval.
I think your thoughts/desires/intentions are seen by Spirit, and any intention to serve life is recognized and acted upon according to your request to know yourself.
for these that you retrieve, you are one with them, you only serve yourself to serve them.

love, alysia

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #13 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 4:19pm

Alysia hit the nail right on the head. Intention is vital.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #14 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 5:48pm

hawkeye wrote on Jul 18th, 2008 at 4:19pm:
Alysia hit the nail right on the head. Intention is vital.

thanks for you comments Joe. I was reading about your experience with the tapes, where you were doing the sleep exploration and I'm glad you told about where you lifted a leg up to go over the top of your body as one of your first oob experiences.

then you express your feelings, to say, freaked out. that's a pun, right? haha!

One time, to share like stories, so we know we are all basically on the same page, I was re-reading Monroe and desired to do an obe. It had been a long time since I had tried.
so I set that intention mentioned. I sleep on intentions and they are produced in the night, oh about 75% of them.

like you, I was happily freaked the next morning. It wasn't my leg moving, but similar to you.  I was asleep, or the body was asleep, so I will call this focus 10.
I was not in a dream, some part of me, the intention part reminded me of the desire to go obe. groggily it seemed I started to comply by rolling over. it took a supreme effort to roll over.

then as I beheld an image of my body. I'm still physically asleep but I see this image. I had two bodies. One was facing against the wall, the physical, the other was facing in the other direction.

then to confirm the situation, I awoke to C1 perplexed as I knew I had rolled over, yet not in the physical, and that caused the freaked feeling.

just another exercise to help us realize that we are not these flesh creatures we so identify with for the moment.

I always get so elated at these moments.

thanks again for all you contribute here. you guys give me so many lead ins, otherwise I wouldn't know what to talk about.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.