Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
The case for a loving God vs. an "all that is" (Read 21604 times)
LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Re: The case for a loving God vs. an "all that is"
Reply #15 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 10:41am

Hi guys, I am in alignment with Justin's comments. moving onto Ian's latest post, I see posting here as an experience, rather than an intellectual assignment.

I don't see the complexity of shedding belief systems and/or desire bodies really. I might be able to share a little more, but only based on my personal experiences as it relates to what I've learned so far by being a participant here, and utilizing Bruce's exercise when we examine our respective belief systems. It is not necessary to examine a belief system unless you have within a conflicting belief system.
A conflicted person does not have peace of mind.

It is because we can become "split" between two thought systems and make no forward progress if the mind is pulled in two directions.
thus we have fear and love, opposites, attempting to occupy the same place; one must choose, which it shall be, in order to have peace of mind.

I guess that's the simple explanation, but if we want, we do this, make it very complicated. what I originally thought about this thread topic is that, the board is smoothly going along, serving it's function as a place to perhaps pick up something about our afterlife areas.
Sooner or later, as in cycles, we enter a phase, like a rough patch. then it gets smooth again. I'm thinking in terms of group dynamics, as we all effect the group consciousness in some way.

what I was trying to sum up, we "invent" problems. I've caught myself doing this, even in my own little world, more so in the past then now, but I would worry needlessly about something, and blow it up into a much bigger problem than I needed to.
yes, I know too, I have been called a drama queen. that hurt! however, it was true, only then by recognizing I blow things up, can I change myself to be more realistic.

this brings me to Ian's question concerning what survives death. Neither do I have the answer for anybody about that. I make conjectures on that, based on obes of a personal nature, and nonsharable except in the most limited descriptions.

however, what I've noticed about belief systems, is we all carry about a self image of ourselves, which during interaction with others, who are indeed your own special mirrors to yourself, gets slaughtered.
dying to a belief system, which is a self image one carries, is very much like the process of an actual death, as you had supposed it was you, this self image, and we do cherish our self images, we wish to be protecting of this self image.

then as we go along in life, the self image changes, slowly sometimes, other times it gets smashed by events, loss of a job, marriage partner, a death..the more prominent things that happen in a life, are associated with how we see ourselves in relationship to the world at large.  what I'm trying to do is draw a relationship between what death is; as an experience we do, whether leaving the physical vehicle, or simply experiencing a loved one's leave taking from physical locale.

I would say the new consciousness to arrive on Earth, slowly marching on, is the awareness we have this ability to create a self image of individuality, yet know that it is the other's who make this very circumstance possible, to be an individual. we are dependent on each other, especially those who oppose us, in this sense.
so I would say to take notice how often self image does die here, and so it would not surprise me it would also be dying in the afterlife, if the self image were not real and true, of the higher Self, of what is eternally true.

I would have to end with Justin's remark that God is all of us, yet more than the sum of the total.

lol. this makes an excellent exit stage left point.
thank you Blink, for saying in two sentences what somebody else says in book length (who me? Cheesy  the same thing.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #16 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 1:40pm

Quote:
why limit the illimitable, which has the possibility to manifest through the finite - including a personality, including as a personality?

But Ultra, I clearly stated that "god" manifests itself in all ways possible. If you have read my past posts you will know I often state that we are god just as much as the source consciousness because it is all the same energy, the same consciousness manifested in different ways. My point is that "god" IS "all that is". "God" is energy... intelligent, self-conscious energy.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #17 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 2:17pm

Quote:
the existence of God and his presence has been well documented

Yes, I have felt this presence before, as I have described in my first post.  I have felt the energy of the source, which is felt as an orgasmic feeling of love and joy.  This in no way disproves the existence of the source consciousness, or the "all that is", and it certainly doesn't prove the "loving god".  Which, by the way, you haven't even really defined what it is.  Perhaps you know this.  If you admit that god is an energy and the source of all things, then you basically agree with me.  I will show you why next.

Quote:
The problem I have with your view point is the feeling that the intelligence and love of the divine is contingent upon the existence of an intelligent and loving God as the source, not an unthinking omnipotent source..

You got me all wrong, Doc.  How can the most aware consciousness of all, the source consciousness, not think??????? I have never stated that.  I have stated, however, that "god" is intelligent, AND not only loving, BUT IS WHAT LOVE IS!!!  The feeling of love is the experiencing of the source energy within you. The All That Is Consciousness loves its creations just like we love our creations (children) here on earth, or just like our higher selves love each and every one of its(our) aspects. 

Quote:
But not, as a characterless all that is.

I do not believe the source consciousness to be characterless.. in fact,  it is the most charcter-full consciousness which exists, because it IS everything, and therefore IS infinite variations of every possible "character", or personality.  What I am saying is that it is not just ONE CHARACTER.  I believe that while "god" does have a consciousness all of its own, at a level we are not on, it also contains, it is, the consciousness of all things in existence, and therefore is one character AND all characters.

Swedenborg, while a great explorer, would most certainly have different interpretations of his experiences had he done his exploring in more recent times.  His experience of the presence of the "Lord" could very well be the same experience I had when I have felt the presence of the source energy within me (and everywhere).  The difference is that the Lord is an invented character from a book. He translated his experience through his belief system and those of the times. The energy I felt within me (and everywhere), however, is not a character from a book.  It was real, it was me, and it was everything, and the intuitive knowledge I possessed during these expeirences proved (to me) that this was the energy of the source, and that I was one with the source, for I was this energy. No heaven and hell, no Lord to slow my progress or cause troublesome translations and interpretations, just pure knowledge of my being and the being of the source and our unity. 

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

ultra

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #18 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 2:38pm

I Am Dude wrote on Jul 14th, 2008 at 1:40pm:
Quote:
why limit the illimitable, which has the possibility to manifest through the finite - including a personality, including as a personality?

But Ultra, I clearly stated that "god" manifests itself in all ways possible. If you have read my past posts you will know I often state that we are god just as much as the source consciousness because it is all the same energy, the same consciousness manifested in different ways. My point is that "god" IS "all that is". "God" is energy... intelligent, self-conscious energy.

Hi Out Of BodyDude,

My apologies for the misreading.
I hastily and mistakenly thought that you were denying the possibility of a personal 'anthropomorphic' God.

So what you are saying is that:  

Just because God can be experienced and 'defined' as impersonal/formless, does not mean that this aspect of divinity excludes the love factor?

If so, that seems to be a truthful statement, at least to me.

In light of this, I actually considered deleting my previous post due to my misunderstanding of yours, but with so much water already under the bridge, that might detrimentally alter the flow and context of the discussion, so it remains....

Carry on!

- u  

"What the soul sees and has experienced, that it knows; the rest is appearance, prejudice and opinion."
   - Sri Aurobindo

IP Logged

recoverer

Re: The case for a loving God vs. an "all that is
Reply #19 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 2:57pm

Doc said: "Yet some, believe we are all God already and concoct terms like a "higher self" or "oversoul" or "disc" to explain the greater vistas of love and unity.  These terms lose the relationshp and meaning of love in the end.  I believe Bruce once described physical life as a probe that returned back to its creative disc."

Recoverer responds: Believing in the higher self/oversoul/disk viewpoint doesn't mean that one doesn't believe in God.  Moen and Monroe spoke of a creator who exists at a higher level than disks. I believe in higher levels of being beyond disk level.  To say we are a part of God and live as if we are a part of God aren't quite the same thing. I figure when we live according to our higher selves we live as if we are a part of God. There are so many parts including the part that got the process of existence/life going, that our heads shouldn't get too big even when we get around to existing at higher self level. I figure that a being who exists at higher self level is way too humble to not understand about its origins and to be grateful accordingly.  

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #20 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 3:20pm

Something else to add:

I've noticed that sources of information can contradict each other at times even though they are honest and sincere about what they are doing.  The degree of differences is sometimes quite more than simply an interpreter problem.   When beings from the spirit World pass on information, they always take the audience factor into consideration.

Therefore, somebody like Emanuel Swedenborg might've been provided with information that people from his time period would've found helpful. If he spoke of things such as disks people would say What the heck?"  Groups of souls abiding as one would make more sense.

If I remember right, Bruce had his disk vision before he read about Robert Monroe's I-there.  Therefore, a misguided interpreter probably wasn't responsible for what he saw. Joachim Wolf had a vision back during the time period of World War II, and this vision allowed him to see that reality is organized in a manner that goes along with a higher self that incarnates probes viewpoint.  Robert Monroe was surprised to find out about his I-there.  When such information was presented to me it was presented in various ways that didn't seem to be a matter of what my interpreter was figuring out.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #21 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 3:36pm

Dude said:  Swedenborg, while a great explorer, would most certainly have different interpretations of his experiences had he done his exploring in more recent times.  His experience of the presence of the "Lord" could very well be the same experience I had when I have felt the presence of the source energy within me (and everywhere).  The difference is that the Lord is an invented character from a book. He translated his experience through his belief system and those of the times. The energy I felt within me (and everywhere), however, is not a character from a book.  It was real, it was me, and it was everything, and the intuitive knowledge I possessed during these expeirences proved (to me) that this was the energy of the source, and that I was one with the source, for I was this energy. No heaven and hell, no Lord to slow my progress or cause troublesome translations and interpretations, just pure knowledge of my being and the being of the source and our unity.  

Recoverer says: Why did your hero Jane Roberts Seth provide "supposed" details about Jesus if he is just an invented character from a book?  Why didn't Jane just say that Jesus didn't exist, rather than make false statements about Jesus?

The manner in which experiences and messages have occurred for me, clearly did so in a manner that shows that the person of Jesus did exist, and his spirit still plays a key role in divine reality. 

I guess I could read some of those books that provide logical explanations for why Jesus the person didn't exist. The thing is, I know that lots of things can be made to sound logical even if they don't represent the truth. It is a matter of how effective the deliverer of such a message is at limiting a person's perspective so he or she will only consider the perspective being offered.  Trial attorneys are weary of having College Professors as jury members, because they know that due to their experience they are skilled at getting people to think in the manner they think.  I'll skip the logical arguments and go for what my experiences tell me.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #22 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 5:16pm

Recoverer

I was not speaking of Jesus.  I was speaking of Jesus' "Father," the god portrayed by Christianity.  What I am trying to say is that chances are, Swedenborg had a false idea of what "god" really is due to his religious beliefs, and therefore most likely interpreted his experience of the source consciousness as the experience of his "Lord".

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #23 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 5:33pm

Ok Dude.

Going by what I've read Emanuel pretty much had a Protestant view and believed that God, Christ and the holy spirit are one in a literal sense. Or in other words, he believed that the trinity viewpoint is wrong.

I Am Dude wrote on Jul 14th, 2008 at 5:16pm:
Recoverer

I was not speaking of Jesus.  I was speaking of Jesus' "Father," the god portrayed by Christianity.  What I am trying to say is that chances are, Swedenborg had a false idea of what "god" really is due to his religious beliefs, and therefore most likely interpreted his experience of the source consciousness as the experience of his "Lord".  

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #24 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 5:46pm

Hello Dear Forum,

With help from Bruce I am online again yaaahaaaa!!

Doc said
Quote:
What is distinctly strange about this, and unsatisfying, is that some then talk of God and heaven in almost clinical terms as "Source," or the "all that is," or very often we get the cryptic saying "there is no God, because we are all God, and don't know it

I agree with Mattew about the clinical reference to god as a sort of principle simply a mindless "Source"is most unsatisfactory.I also do not like called god spirit

Why the heck does the word "GOD" not suffice? Nearly every one you meet will know exactly what you mean if you are bold enought to use it.

Glad to be back with the clan

Regards

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #25 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 6:01pm

Alan, you've been gone? Huh Next you're going to tell me that Kathy has been gone. Wink Cheesy

I bet you God finds it a bit amusing at times when he listens in on these conversations.

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 11:37pm

Alan McDougall wrote on Jul 14th, 2008 at 5:46pm:
Hello Dear Forum,

With help from Bruce I am online again yaaahaaaa!!

Doc said
Quote:
What is distinctly strange about this, and unsatisfying, is that some then talk of God and heaven in almost clinical terms as "Source," or the "all that is," or very often we get the cryptic saying "there is no God, because we are all God, and don't know it

I agree with Mattew about the clinical reference to god as a sort of principle simply a mindless "Source"is most unsatisfactory.I also do not like called god spirit

Why the heck does the word "GOD" not suffice? Nearly every one you meet will know exactly what you mean if you are bold enought to use it.

Glad to be back with the clan

Regards

Alan

Good questions Alan.  I can give you my perspective of why i sometimes like to refer to God as the more impersonal title of "Source". 

Simply because so many people, for so long, have imo over personalized and over humanized God, especially so by those who call God, God exclusively.   I like balance, and so for me, to sometimes call God, Source, helps to bring a balance to it all, or at least it makes me feel a little better Wink 

But yeah, in the end one name is as good as any other name really.  I like God also because it is dog spelled backwards.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #27 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 12:33am

Justin

Quote:
Good questions Alan.  I can give you my perspective of why i sometimes like to refer to God as the more impersonal title of "Source". 

Simply because so many people, for so long, have imo over personalized and over humanized God, especially so by those who call God, God exclusively.   I like balance, and so for me, to sometimes call God, Source, helps to bring a balance to it all, or at least it makes me feel a little better

I also get your point, some people want to create God in their own image, instead of the reverse, sort making the Infinite finite.

Regards

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #28 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 12:45am

Some more on God as I peceive him,

Gods attributes to different people of all walks of life and all religious persuasions, perceive his characteristics in countless different ways

I see god as the absolute awareness capable of both the grand macro creations such as our universe and also knowing and caring deeply for the micro things such as the desires of our hearts. God desires, (in my humble view) to reconnect with all life in one eternal union. However, we retain our unique awareness.  "Like intelligent terminals linked to a cosmic internet"

Regards

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #29 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 1:15am

Quote:
God desires, (in my humble view) to reconnect with all life in one eternal union.

I BELIEVE....

God cannot reconnect with life because god was never disconnected to begin with.  God IS everything.  God IS all life, God IS all consciousness. 

Some people are under the notion that our goal is to reconnect with the Source Consciousness, to merge back into it. However, we must remember that we are never separate from it! We can only be under the ILLUSION that we are separate from it! Source IS us and we ARE Source.

Our goal is simply to be MORE of ourselves, to be MORE of who we REALLY are in our daily experience.  And because we ARE Source Consciousness, then therefore we must live more according to our innermost Source Consciousness. Doing this means loving ourselves unconditionally while loving everyone and everything else equally, and living according to our inner most joys and passions.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.