Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Is reality like television? (Read 5989 times)
recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Is reality like television?
Jun 25th, 2008 at 4:04pm

Is reality like television?

Let's say that our awareness = the viewer, the dancing electrons on our TV screen = the energy we use to create, and our minds = the program director.  Sometimes the program can come from an outer source, such as a higher level being. Sometimes it can come from us, depending upon how good we are at gaining control of the remote control. Often it is an interactive collaborative proces between ourselves, each other and higher level beings.

There is no one program we have to watch.  At a most basic level we are always the same viewer regardless of what we watch. For a while we might end up watching some lousy shows, until we figure out which channels have the good shows. For example, I hear the love channel is really good, except when it shows reruns of the love boat. Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2008 at 7:48pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Re: Is reality like television?
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 4:18pm

Oh Wow!

So this is what channelling spirituality really means!  What you say makes so much
sense !

For example, check out Piero's comments on his thread.  He wasn't tuned in to this spirituality subject too much but the more he thinks about it, the clearer the channel becomes.  Smiley 

It's more than channelling spirituality, I realize. You are describing consciousness and mind.  Congratulations !

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 5:48pm

this is a good description. going a little further with it, we do select the channels. this is called focus.
each of us watches our favorite channel, to focus in on a secular interest, such as love boat, or
gilligans island or national geographic.

here, if my computer screen was analogous to a TV screen, we could say I am tuned into, focusing on what happens after death. each person who contributes adds part of the show.

while I'm focused on my channel station, I have no idea what that politics is being discussed just a knob switch over.

there are different ways of channelling. I'm one of the rare people who saw my boyfriend go to sleep while a disembodied voice used his vocal cords to tell me he was mortally wounded in the 16th century by a sword fight.

that's one way. nowadays channellers are springing up, and the physical vocal chords can be bypassed for the visiting entity, as well, we no longer have to be concerned about low entity beings, when we realize how we protect ourselves from that sort of thing.
many are reaching altered states these days, receiving various rotes, made to fit the think tank of the receiver, said receiver, our minds, are not unlike a radio station receiver set.

I can receive messages, in words, but they are strickly personal messages of helpfulness to me only.
It is not unreasonable to assume there are radio receivers out there who are able to go deeper than myself and receive ongoing transmissions of a higher vibrational field than the average person going here. I think it's about discernment of spirits.

mystics and psychics have reported visions of TV sets, used for past life viewing during their self assessment times.

love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #3 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 2:02am

Funny, Recoverer, this idea is presented by Seth in his book The Unknown Reality Vol. 2.  It is a very practical way of looking at our reality.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 7:41am

We are in the television. We are also watching the television. We can affect the quality of the reception with our own "non-interference" -- in the form of love and acceptance of all things.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #5 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 1:01pm

Dude:

Grin I never read that book. For numerous reasons I believe that Jane Roberts and her husband made up the Seth entity.  Therefore, it is possible they came up with "some" good info.  I won't list all of the reasons for which I believe they made up Seth, but one reason is because one time I found an article on the internet and a man who worked for Jane Robert's publisher said that people who worked for her publisher knew that Jane and her husband made up Seth.  He said that her husband used to speak to guests before Jane supposedly channeled so he collect personal information that he could pass on to Jane.  I remember watching a Jane Roberts Seth video, and at one point she stopped speaking with the Seth voice for a moment and spoke in her regular voice so she could tell somebody: "We'll take a break in a moment." Seems like quite a slip up.

Alysia:

I hope you're right about us not having to worry about unfriendly beings too much. My hope is that if a person tries to make contact with his or her higher self and/or guides with good intentions, these friendly beings will be the first to respond. That seems to be the experience of the people who visit this forum. Because I'm not 100% certain of how things work, sometimes I worry too much.

Blink:

I  like what you say, however I'll add, in a way we are the television.

Betson:

I didn't mean channeling in that way, perhaps you know what I meant.

I Am Dude wrote on Jun 26th, 2008 at 2:02am:
Funny, Recoverer, this idea is presented by Seth in his book The Unknown Reality Vol. 2.  It is a very practical way of looking at our reality.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #6 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 4:13pm

Hi,

I have often wondered if a huge being larger by scale than we are to ants and sat patiently watching us building a  large dam or skyscraper what would they perceive us doing.  The workers on the project would appear to them much like termites building a termite heap do to us. They would see these tiny little entities sort of seemingly wandering around, without purpose or direction. Some just stopping and for a while doing nothing. others buzy.

Much to their amazement they would see the building or dam going up and conclude this must be the work of a hive mind and they go looking for the queen human.

Alan
« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2008 at 2:04am by Alan McDougall »  

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #7 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 4:16pm

Alan:

This being would probably realize that unlike ants we have a free will because many of us do nothing but hang out at the beach, a pub, sitting at home watching TV, etc.

Alan McDougall wrote on Jun 26th, 2008 at 4:13pm:
Hi,

I have often wondered if a huge being larger by scale than we are to ants and sat patiently watching us building a  large dam or skyscraper what would they perceive us doing.  The workers on the project would appear to them much like termites building a termite heap do to us. They would see these tiny little entities sort of seemingly wandering around, without purpose or direction. Some just stopping and for a while doing nothing. others buzy.

Much to their amazement they would see the building or dam going up and conclude this must be the work of a hive mind and they go looking for the queen human.

Alan

« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2008 at 7:46pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #8 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 9:45pm

Recoverer

The belief in the entity Seth is much less important than the information which he presents for us.  Not all minds are completely open to all things, this is understandable.  Some things just dont resonate with everyone, and therefore I will not go into a debate on the authenticity of Seth as an entity.  

However, I will most deffinately stress the importance of the spreading of this information accumulated through these channelings, for they are of great importance to all members of the human race.  Since the introduction of the ideas presented by Seth, my mind and (therefore) all aspects of my life have expanded in an extremely positive manner.  Seth has introduced me to methods of discovering my true self and allowed me to remember my true capabilities, which I have learned are nearly infinite.  If every human accepted these ideas and put them into use in their every day lives, the world would be a meraculous place.  I know this for a fact because my world has become meraculous with the help of Seth's material, and if this information can change my life for the better, it can change others as well.  

PEACE!!!

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #9 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 2:11am

Recoverer,

Quote:
Alan:

This being would probably realize that unlike ants we have a free will because many of us do nothing but hang out at the beach, a pub, sitting at home watching TV, etc

Point taken , but if we observe ants some of them seem to stop and continue on in a random way and then go, what appears to us as a walk-about.

From the huge perpective of the hypothetical being, would we not appear to be doing the same. He might even stamp on a few of us to see the reaction. What reaction from his perpective would he see?

Regards

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

tgecks

Dahlonega, Georgia
Reply #10 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 10:25am

I really like the television analogy and I think it is spot on.

I actually describe changing focus levels (in Monroe speak) like changing the channels on the television, and opening my senses to an alternate chennel.... the other channels are still broadcasting, but I am tuned in to a different channel, focused on it to the exclusion of the others.

While television programming is not at all reality, I do agree that reality is rather like television.

Thomas

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #11 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 10:37am

Quote:
I won't list all of the reasons for which I believe they made up Seth, but one reason is because one time I found an article on the internet and a man who worked for Jane Robert's publisher said that people who worked for her publisher knew that Jane and her husband made up Seth.  He said that her husband used to speak to guests before Jane supposedly channeled so he collect personal information that he could pass on to Jane.  I remember watching a Jane Roberts Seth video, and at one point she stopped speaking with the Seth voice for a moment and spoke in her regular voice so she could tell somebody: "We'll take a break in a moment." Seems like quite a slip up.

Source?

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #12 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 12:25pm

Lucy:

I found the source that speaks about the publisher by chance one time, and had a hard time relocating it. Nevertheless, when I get a chance I'll try to find it again.  Regarding the video goof, I saw it on youtube.  I'm really busy at work these days and probably won't be able to find the publisher article today.

Whatever the case, in my case, it is important to remember that I've received a lot of spirit help from Christ.  Jane Roberts Seth say things about Christ that are false and irreverant.  For example, claiming that he wasn't crucified. Spiritual experiences and messages have told me differently.  Also, Jane Roberts Seth speak of just three of Jesus's most famous verses, and reinterprets them so they lose spiritual meaning. For example, Jane Roberts Seth said that Jesus was just making a joke when he said to love your neighbor as yourself. I believe it is obvious that Jesus wasn't making joke when he said to love your neighbor as yourself.  If it isn't obvious, one could read portions of the gospels where he says this and see that he wasn't making a joke. A person would ask what the most important commandments were and he would include, "love your neighbor as yourself." If a person believes that the verses within the gospels can't be used in order to determine what Jesus actually said, it is important to realize that Jane Roberts Seth referred to these verses when making her/their false claims, and that she/he used various verses in order to try to deny that Jesus was crucified.

Personally, I don't care how many positive things Jane Roberts Seth has to say.  My feelings for Christ are far more important to me than anything I might gain by reading Seth. To me having love, reverence, respect and grattitude towards a light being such as Christ, is far more important than gaining a few pointers from Seth.

It is kind of ironic that Jane Roberts Seth chose to discredit Jesus' love your neighbor as yourself verse, because if anybody noticed, Jane Roberts Seth have very little to say about love. Especially when it comes to having love and reverence for that which is divine.

Some people might conclude I'm some sort of fundamentalist. My retort is, isn't it possible to have feelings of love, reverence, grattitude and humility towards that which is divine, without being a fundamentalist?

Lucy wrote on Jun 27th, 2008 at 10:37am:
Quote:
I won't list all of the reasons for which I believe they made up Seth, but one reason is because one time I found an article on the internet and a man who worked for Jane Robert's publisher said that people who worked for her publisher knew that Jane and her husband made up Seth.  He said that her husband used to speak to guests before Jane supposedly channeled so he collect personal information that he could pass on to Jane.  I remember watching a Jane Roberts Seth video, and at one point she stopped speaking with the Seth voice for a moment and spoke in her regular voice so she could tell somebody: "We'll take a break in a moment." Seems like quite a slip up.

Source?

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 1:57pm

Hi recoverer I completely agree with what you have written,you are so right in what you have said.

Love and God bless     love juditha

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #14 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 2:01pm

Thank you Juditha.

Quote:
Hi recoverer I completely agree with what you have written,you are so right in what you have said.

Love and God bless     love juditha

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.