Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
We never die (Read 4331 times)
george stone

Afterlife Knowledge Member

We never die
Jun 24th, 2008 at 5:22pm

We never die,because we are never born.we are spiritual beings.We have had many lives,and we will have many more.so we dont have worry about dieing,we only have to be more loving in each lifetime,if we wish to grow more spiritual.its hard to do,but we can do it.George

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Re: We never die
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 5:23am

Smiley We hope and like to think so, anyway George!

Another very old Zen teaching has a student asking a realised master about what happens after death. The master answers (or words to the same effect) 'how the f*** should I know, better ask a dead guy'.

Buddhism nevertheless teaches a definite view on the cycle of rebirth and death, it's the underlying reality that informs the entire tradition.

I think the point  though is that despite our perhaps having a broad (but rather kindergarten) view of what happens that it's by no means predictable what happens after death.

Death seems likely to be pretty incomprehensible from the perspective of an ego based mind (look at the problems we repeatedly experience here in trying to reach any agreement on what it is that survives and how), and is not to be underestimated. Nor is it wise to become too hung up on a particular view of what happens given the propensity of mind to bring whatever we believe into existence...

Perhaps we'll be greeted by a reality that matches all of our expectations ( we probably will, but whether that's actually anything more than a mind made reality is quite another question), but as ever what's required of us seems to be to get on with the knitting - to live each day in love as it comes to the best of our ability.

I suppose given the swings and roundabouts of life that if we had certainty on this many of us would head off to commit suicide....
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2008 at 10:10am by N/A »  

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 9:12pm

When the clouds blow away, the moon is revealed.

george stone wrote on Jun 24th, 2008 at 5:22pm:
We never die,because we are never born.we are spiritual beings.We have had many lives,and we will have many more.so we dont have worry about dieing,we only have to be more loving in each lifetime,if we wish to grow more spiritual.its hard to do,but we can do it.George

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 10:05pm

well we sure do make things complicated...maybe it's all much simpler than we think, like first you're here, then you're there. just like in any new town you move into, there's some new ropes to learn in any new place. people who go out of body enough know that there's this other location that the mind is in and taking a form there, like here, is natural, possibly optional. my two cents.

I think this way because of the obes and the ability to think and make decisions while obe.
I know I'm not in my physical body, but yet I know I do have a physical vehicle in some other location which I'm attached to invisibly and drawn back into.

I don't remember the moment of birth of myself George. we would all like some details on what the big bang is got to do with us. all I know is I had more than one life.
sure do hate having the memory wiped out, but there's a reason for that.
if one of us goes first, we should come back here and fool with somebody's puter.. Smiley
ok, I'll volunteer! I'll just type out laff at the rain.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

george stone

Reply #4 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 11:07pm

Think of it this laff,my can in in my driveway right.Im a spirit here at my pc,now that car is not going to move untill I open the door and start the car,and off we go.likewise this body of mine is not going to move untill my spirit moves it.George

IP Logged

Piero

http://www.openminds
ite.com

Reply #5 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 8:58am

This is indeed a very special group of people!

Smiley

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #6 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 10:23am

Good metaphors, George !

(Or maybe they're analogies.  Huh )
Between you and blink, you're raising the poetry value of this site considerably! That's great!

Bets
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2008 at 3:44pm by betson »  

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 10:40am

Wink Errrrmmm. But to be a bit mischievous, and a lot less rose tinted.

Does any of us actually know what happens when we die, or are we all clinging to a belief system??? Beyond inferring that certain experience in altered states during life amounts to the same thing that is?

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 11:17am

I don't know, Vajra. When I woke up this morning I was flat broke, then later I somehow had "just" enough, then I put my hand inside a cupboard to pick up a "thank you" note and found $140 that I didn't remember putting there.

Which reality is the correct one?

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 12:48pm

Cheesy It's a lot to do with mood and perspective all right Blink!! And for sure there's lots that comes through our lives that if we've even a whisker of openness screams that reality is a lot more complicated than objective physical selves strolling around in a physical reality governed by no more than Netwon's laws.

That there's this something constant (the watcher?) that's always around.

But then there's these moments of doubt that sneak in too. It's like uncertainty is one of ground rules in the set up of the whole dream that is our existence.

PS  Roll Eyes why is it almost always the case that the spiritual path entails being broke???

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #10 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 6:12pm

I have enough experiences each week to let me know that our life continues after our body dies. Is there a reason our existence has to come to an end?

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 8:35am

Smiley Hi R. I guess there's lots of reasons to think our existence does not have to come to an end, specifically the sort of experience you refer to. But there's equally a lot of conditioning we have to overcome that suggests that life is physically based and so ends with death.

I'm at one level being a little mischievious, but at another I'm pointing towards what I suspect is the reality for most of us. That despite experience, we can't absolutely be sure that for example there is not some aspect of that experience rooted in the physical. Nor can we be sure as to the nature of any survival - of what aspect of existence it is that survives.

I'd not want to overplay this, as on balance i'm for example relatively comfortable about the whole thing. But I suspect as before that it's not by accident that we tend to find ourselves in a place where we can never from an ego point of view be wholly relaxed about death.

That in a sense we only become able to transcend death when we transcend ego....

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 4:36pm

Hi george and all     Life has to end for us all, as one day we just get so tired and want to go to sleep in the garden of rest,which is waiting for us all in our spiritual heaven,as we only visit the earth plain,then we go home.

Love and God bless   love juditha

IP Logged

jm1974

Reply #13 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 3:48pm

Quote:
Hi george and all     Life has to end for us all, as one day we just get so tired and want to go to sleep in the garden of rest,which is waiting for us all in our spiritual heaven,as we only visit the earth plain,then we go home.

Love and God bless   love juditha

Hello!

I agree with you 100%, I have taken some glimpses of the afterlife, and the truth is that although I am very happy and grateful to creator for my present life and my present family, I have visions of the spirit world that are so wonderful, I am surprised for the wonderful feeling that I fell, I see people (souls) which I have never known in this life, I fell that they are waiting for me, I'm fell in a very positive state when I had these visions, as if he knew something even more wonderful that I expected, I cant' explain this feeling…..I know intuitively that this is only a small time, an small lesson, I also see a home that I never see in this life (like a Japanese home), and I know, I feel that it is my home, I know sound weird but this is the vision that I have.

Best

juan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.