Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
OBEs and arnica and other meds (Read 8915 times)
betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
OBEs and arnica and other meds
Jun 19th, 2008 at 4:59pm

Hi,

have you ever accidentally had a weird OBE after taking any pain killer?

Aspirin has never had an effect on my OB explorations but I've been using arnica lately (herbal, homeopathic) and when i went OB this afternoon it was not pleasant. --- Rubbery feeling and smells.
I'm wonderring if it  affects some subtle body in a way that makes the subtle body less able to stretch and flow.

Perhaps we could collect a list of pain killers or even other over the counter meds that have affected our explorations?

I'd say

1.  arnica paralizes and maybe wounds some aspect of some subtle body
2.  aspirin has helped; Getting OB seems easier when I took an aspirin.
3. ?? more??

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Still_Living

Canada
Re: OBEs and arnica and other meds
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 7:52pm

betson wrote on Jun 19th, 2008 at 4:59pm:
Hi,

have you ever accidentally had a weird OBE after taking any pain killer?

Hi Bets,
Don't you think OBE is .... ehhh... little weird itself... to begin with? Wink

IP Logged

Alfred

UK
Reply #2 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 9:43pm

Hallo Bets!

That's an interesting effect - Arnica, in the homoeopathic form you mention (i.e. in a homoeopathic potency), is considered to be an "energy" medicine, like all homoeopathic medicines. They are 'potentised' and diluted in this process such that very few or no actual molecules of the original substance remains. The water/alcohol solvent is said to take on an 'imprint' of the substance, Arnica in your case, and acts on the energy, or subtle body. So maybe this is why you felt an effect on your OBE with the Arnica, but not with the Aspirin or other 'molecular' medicines.

Colloidal gold is supposed to promote brain activity, and help achieve peak meditative states. I have a stock left here from when I bought it to help with my mum's Alzheimer's. Perhaps I should try it when attempting non-physical explorations of the focus levels. There's some information from users at this link:

http://www.purestcolloids.com/mesogold-testimonials.htm

I am envious of the ease with which you obviously reach OBE states, Bets!

Best wishes,

Alfred

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #3 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 10:43pm

Greetings,

Still dubious, eh, Still Living?
I'm waiting to hear what happens when YOU try OBs--
how're you doing with the Moen books?
I'm giving you the benefit of some doubts, SL-- mine, not yours.   Smiley
But since still waters run deep, I think you'll make it too.  Still living is a
fine state from which to enter meditations and OBs --- do get on with it !

Thank you, Alfred.  Lately you have been explaining several aspects of this field in ways that are so clear- Cheesy  I think you have a great future here!   Cheesy
IF  you take the coloidal gold, let us know how it affects you.  Shocked 
So you're saying that arnica already claims to be working on the subtle bodies? Do you have a source that explains in what way it works? I can't read the fine print on those tiny tubes.

It's been said before, but these realms get clearer and easier to reach as one gains experiences with it.
I didn't used to believe it could be true either, SL, but it is.

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Still_Living

Canada
Reply #4 - Jun 20th, 2008 at 10:10am

Hi Bets,

The books are on the way... I'm all excited now. There MUST be something I'll learn... Shocked I don't expect it to be fast and easy. I'll do my best though... Tongue Hope to see my black mask fading in the near future  Smiley

Thank you for the encouraging words...  Smiley Smiley

Sincerely,
SL
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2008 at 3:37pm by Still_Living »  

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #5 - Jun 20th, 2008 at 4:42pm

Greetings,

I did find a clue at I And E Organics (www.iandeorganics.com )

They said

"Arnica (C) - for shock or trauma; helps the physical body to
re-connect with the higher self." *

So if one wants the physical body to stay connected to their higher self, arnica is good. But if one wants to separate the physical body from the higher self, arnica is not good.

So I guess I get to choose--I am getting an amazing amount of yardwork done while arnica is working. Wheee! Cheesy    But if I want to explore spiritual dimensions while out in any way (I tried several ), I have to return to my normal level of pain and let my work go undone. 
hm-mmm, decisions, decisions.  Huh

Bets

* that's what you said too, Alfred---many thanks! It just took awhile for it to sink in.

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Alfred

UK
Reply #6 - Jun 20th, 2008 at 9:10pm

Thanks for the comments, Bets!

I was "into" homoeopathy in a big way several years ago, and still have quite a library and stock of remedies of all sorts and in lots of potencies from that time. The big difficulty in using it is in exactly matching the remedy to the symptoms - if you don't get the "similimum" (as they call it), or near to it, nothing happens. The jury is still out on homoeopathy; many trials show it definitely works, others that it's only a placebo. But there are full-time homoeopathic vets who treat farm livestock - that can't be placebo!

Your OBE experience with Arnica is perhaps a unique form of evidence of the remedy's action - not many people can have 'tested' homoepathy by its effect on OBEs, for sure!

Best wishes,

Alfred

PS.  I will report on the effects (if any) of the colloidal gold on my non-physical efforts.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #7 - Jun 21st, 2008 at 9:32am

Hi Alfred,

I look forward to your posts, -- as always.

Last night I did some exploring of this arnica predicament which I'll sharein hopes it maybe make a helpful difference to some other explorers sometime. --

While using arnica I tried to use my inner hands (a la Carolyn Myss) to loosen some knots (see Jay Alfred on bioplasmic webbing.) I thought the hand thing might not work due to the previous sticky rubbery effect of trying to get OB. Instead, that process did work! They pretty much show up wherever one puts one's attention to focus them, just as they had before.  Cheesy Yay!

So then I tried going OB again, thinking that I'd perhaps adapted to the arnica. Nope, and also no to my following attempts to phase out, then to leave through the 3rd eye and crown chakras.

So I concluded that the outer form, created by the physical, astral, and ethereal bodies, is bound firmer or made less maleable (?) by the arnica, but that within that structure, some energies (other subtle bodies?) that we use are still relatively free, although the hands were slower than usual.

For now I'm going to ease off my own explorations and opt for a arnica-induced painless study period.  Cheesy    I've experienced and know we (our consciousness es) exist in non-material realms. Now I want to consider the implications.

Bets 

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #8 - Jun 21st, 2008 at 10:21am

I know you are taking a homeopathic remedy, which means the ingredients are not toxic becuase of the homeopathic production procedure. That's good, because on wiki, the active ingredient of arnica (flowers) is toxic. The helenalin has anti-inflammatory properties. The active in aspirin, acetylsalicylic acid, is toxic but I am guessing in much much higher concentrations.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.