Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
How to reach my daughter (Read 11927 times)
kthorse

How to reach my daughter
Jun 13th, 2008 at 8:31am

I need to connect to my daughter who passed in September 2007. I am going crazy without her. For the first 2 months she was around doing things. Then on her birthday in November just after she passed.  We had a party for her. I told her she could go I was ok because I felt she was staying around to be with me. I havent felt her since. At least not enough to satisfy my needs. I am lost with out her. I need to know she is still out there. I want to communicate with her.
Katrina

IP Logged

Cricket

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: How to reach my daughter
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 9:43am

I know John (my late husband) will be around for a while, then seem to wander off, and then show back up again like gangbusters (I think he thinks he's in trouble for disappearing...  Wink )

I don't know a universal method of communicating - others here know far more than I do about that, but I know that even after they seem to be gone, they often reappear.  Time being wonky over there probably doesn't help...

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 10:03am

Greetings kthorse,

and welcome.  Smiley

Even many of us who have offerred the service of visiting passed loved ones
are now asking our Higher Selves/ Oversouls etc to first find out if it is OK to
do so. We risk interrupting their continuing spiritual development to just drop
in on them.
You released your daughter's spirit once and she went on. You did the loving
choice by letting her go.

Have you tried the 'focussed imagination' method of making contact?
At about the same time each day you sit quietly and think lovingly of her,
referring to her by her full name. then you begin a conversation (mentally
or aloud), then asking her questions.  Eventually she may respond with
information beyond anything you could have known. 

It turns out that imagination is the gateway to realms of the spirit
that we've overlooked for centuries. By learning these techniques for yourself,
you'll then have the freedom to lovingly use them as you choose.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

jm1974

Reply #3 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 10:22am

Hello  kthorse

Try to read this article By Bruce:

http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/contact.html

"It turns out that imagination is the gateway to realms of the spirit" this words by Bets, are 100% correct , try to make contact, ask questions, wait for answers, and you will see!

juan

IP Logged

Snoopydoo

Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
Reply #4 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 12:50pm

Hi kthorse,

I know most of you won't agree with what I have to say but...

EmbarrassedI'm saddened to say that what I believe happened to you is that when you told her to go that it was ok, that it is simply the fact that YOU had now accepted the fact she was gone and that your mind would then stop playing tricks on you... That is my belief!

I always wanted to believe there was an afterlife but I don't anymore... In fact, I am now convinced more than ever that when we die, it's the end of everything...

My ultimate proof to me was my mom passing away in early May. If there was really a life after death, she would have come back to let me know, that I know for sure... And unfortunately, nothing like that ever happened, so I now have my proof...

Sorry

Snoopydoo

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #5 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 2:04pm

Snoopydoo wrote on Jun 13th, 2008 at 12:50pm:
Hi kthorse,

I know most of you won't agree with what I have to say but...

EmbarrassedI'm saddened to say that what I believe happened to you is that when you told her to go that it was ok, that it is simply the fact that YOU had now accepted the fact she was gone and that your mind would then stop playing tricks on you... That is my belief!

I always wanted to believe there was an afterlife but I don't anymore... In fact, I am now convinced more than ever that when we die, it's the end of everything...

My ultimate proof to me was my mom passing away in early May. If there was really a life after death, she would have come back to let me know, that I know for sure... And unfortunately, nothing like that ever happened, so I now have my proof...

Sorry

Snoopydoo

well Snoopydoo, you're right about one thing; most of us do not agree with you. and the fact that you are here, have come to a board entitled Afterlife Conversation shows that you wish perhaps to find evidence that there is an afterlife.

that means your mind is not entirely closed down to the possibility that there is. good. as well, although I'm huffing in the wind here to you, still, it would help to suggest, maybe to others here, a closed mind is not able to recieve anything but what it wishes to see. an open mind will be much easier for spirit to communicate with. but of course you are not knowing what I mean by spirit either. we can just call spirit to be, something larger, more loving, more all knowing than our respective egos with tunnel vision. and I include myself to have tunnel vision but working on it.

The nonphysical folks in this other dimension have great difficulty getting through to their loved ones although this is practically their only activity to do so. They must often resort to such things as butterflies, picture moving, slipping into your dreams when the mind is relaxed, all sorts of ways that your mother may have tried without success, all this because she surely loves you..all mothers love their kids.

when I lost my husband, at first I flipped out in anger. this is a natural phrase to go thru. I asked myself how he could leave me if he really loved me, and with his kids, all alone. I had to work through the anger which is a hurting thing behind it. I had to forgive him for taking an early leave of absence from us. I knew there was an afterlife. We soon established communication. but even with the communication there, it takes a awhile to get through the feeling of being wronged, as they left, and without a goodbye even.
I suspect you are feeling this anger towards your mom and that you love her so much, that's why you feel it and how you deal with it, is to say "well, there's no afterlife, so live for today and don't suffer about the fact that this is all there is, what you see is what you get." Don't cry you say to yourself.

but it's ok to cry, it's ok to have hope to see them again. It's ok to continue to search and be open to the possibility that you could be wrong, and if you are, that's when you might find your own evidence.

Love life, love yourself as hard as you can, because it's for sure, you won't be this particular person ever again, so appreciate yourself and don't close down. ask for a sign. you can get what you ask for, I know, I do it all the time.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 2:21pm

Katrina, maybe she is waiting to make sure you really want that connection/communication again, that you are ready for it. I too think that there can be, sometimes, very long lapses in communication, but other things can occur that are worth noticing, in the meantime. One thing is certain, your daughter knows you love her very much.

love, blink

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #7 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 2:33pm

to add to Blinks thoughts, Katrina, you could be signaling to your daughter you want another communication and she may be involved in her own intense self discovery, some project she is unable to communicate "on call."  it doesn't mean she has forgotten you.

I'd say a little talk, like sending a little PUL (love) to her might yield up another communication, something like, "if you ever want to get in touch with me and have the time, I'm always available." I send my love.

just something simple like that will sometimes work. they are able to recieve our thoughts and feelings. hang in!

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Alfred

UK
Reply #8 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 10:58pm

Hallo All, and Katrina, but specifically in reply to Snoopydoo,

Yours is a natural reaction, but I would second the replies above, especially that of Laffing Rain, which probably says most that can be said, and that of Bets in reply to Katrina. I would just add that, if your Mum passed away only this May, then that's not a long time - initial communications, in whichever form they might occur, may be several months after the date of passing. Certainly this was the case with my Dad (who came in the form of a dream 3 or 4 months later, and later even than that to my sister - he even asked me a question: Did I understand everything he had done?), and with my Mum, who passed just this February, and who let me know in no uncertain terms, (as far as I am concerned), that she was now OK, in April. You may have read the Alzheimer's and Afterlife thread, in which I posted those experiences as they occurred, as I had first come to this Board seeking advice on the subject of how Alzheimer's might have affected her as she passed over.

Try to remain open to the possibility of receiving something, and keep strong your desire for that to happen.

Best wishes,

Alfred

IP Logged

george stone

Reply #9 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 11:45pm

This is the way i contact people in the spirit world.I lay in bed and i imagion that the spirit world is on the other side of the wall.than i perject my mind on the outside of the wall.After that I ask for a guide to take me to the person I am looking for.you must be still an lisson to that voice,it is like a thought,when you hear it you can use your thoughts to say hello to your daughter.you will pick up her thoughts.Good luck George

IP Logged

Snoopydoo

Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
Reply #10 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 7:49am

Thanks to all for your input... I truly hope you are right and that I will get contact soon.

IP Logged

jm1974

Reply #11 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 10:21am

Alfred wrote on Jun 13th, 2008 at 10:58pm:
Hallo All, and Katrina, but specifically in reply to Snoopydoo,

Yours is a natural reaction, but I would second the replies above, especially that of Laffing Rain, which probably says most that can be said, and that of Bets in reply to Katrina. I would just add that, if your Mum passed away only this May, then that's not a long time - initial communications, in whichever form they might occur, may be several months after the date of passing. Certainly this was the case with my Dad (who came in the form of a dream 3 or 4 months later, and later even than that to my sister - he even asked me a question: Did I understand everything he had done?), and with my Mum, who passed just this February, and who let me know in no uncertain terms, (as far as I am concerned), that she was now OK, in April. You may have read the Alzheimer's and Afterlife thread, in which I posted those experiences as they occurred, as I had first come to this Board seeking advice on the subject of how Alzheimer's might have affected her as she passed over.

Try to remain open to the possibility of receiving something, and keep strong your desire for that to happen.

Best wishes,

Alfred

Hello

Same here, the time is between 4 to 6 months, in that period of time they can communicate mostly in "dreams", Meanwhile you can contact them by the method that explain George Stone, and Bruce.

Good luck

Juan

IP Logged

Snoopydoo

Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
Reply #12 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 1:03pm

Hi,

Why do you say in 4 to 6 months??? Why can't it be like now?

Also, what makes you believe that it is actually them in dreams and not only your subconsious that is giving you an image of your loved-one? I mean, it's only a dream and might only be a dream as well, it's not like if you actually see the person right in front of you in your room while you are fully awake?

Thanks

Snoopydoo

IP Logged

jm1974

Reply #13 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 1:44pm

Snoopydoo wrote on Jun 17th, 2008 at 1:03pm:
Hi,

Why do you say in 4 to 6 months??? Why can't it be like now?

Also, what makes you believe that it is actually them in dreams and not only your subconsious that is giving you an image of your loved-one? I mean, it's only a dream and might only be a dream as well, it's not like if you actually see the person right in front of you in your room while you are fully awake?

Thanks

Snoopydoo

Hi Snoopydoo;

in investigations that I made with friends mediums and books I've read, I have always heard that they need "Time for Adaptation" is the time where the soul needs to adapt to their new status ain a "new dimension" and they need to "learn" to communicate with us, the change from this dimension to another dimension, it is NOT a easy thing, as some people say, especially when the person unknown on these issues, as happens with the 99% of the society.

in my personal case I could only have contact my with  my grandfather, five months after his death, only after this time he could come in a dream and was able to "SHOW ME" (NO SPEAK) certain things that only he know, and he also show to me a new car that he had in the afterlife (later I confirm with my father because, only my father know that this is the kind of car that my grandfather liked), the afterlife is the land "where all your wishes are fulfilled" because the afterlife it is a world of "thoughts",
But only after this time, they can communicate because they don’t' know how to do, and they need to adapt to this new dimension and learn.

Note:
The late scientific F.W.H. Myers (1843–1901) famous for "the cross correspondences" from the afterlife define communication between worlds as "..... The nearest simile I can find to express the difficulty of sending a message is that I appear to be standing behind a sheet of frosted glass, which blurs sight and deadens sound, dicatating feebly to a reluctant and somewhat obtuse secretary. A feeling of terrible impotence burdens me. Oh it is a dark road......."
(the obtuse secretary is the famous medium Geraldine Cummins)

Juan

PD
I' sorry for my English, if you don’t' understand something, please let me know!  Smiley

Theses links can help!

About Myers:
http://www.answers.com/topic/cross-correspondence
http://www.trans4mind.com/spiritual/cummins/cummins2.html
http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/full/162/1/34

About Mediums:
Allison Dubois: http://www.allisondubois.com/index.php/Frequent-Questions/
Rosemary Altea: http://www.rosemaryaltea.com/faq/faq.cfm

for myself this is on of the best link:  http://www.victorzammit.com/
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2008 at 10:24am by jm1974 »  

IP Logged

Alfred

UK
Reply #14 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 11:14pm

Hallo Snoopydoo,

Juan is quite right - it seems to be the "norm" for these things to take time, although of course there are other forms of communication which may be almost instantaneous, like crisis apparitions, where a person involved in a serious life-threatening scenario, or actually dying suddenly, can appear to a loved one immediately. But these are more "forced" (involuntary?) projections, rather than the intentional communications we are seeking. (Incidentally, the same FWH Myers that Juan refers to also studied these types of projections, and published them in a classic work of psychical research, "Phantasms of the Living").

On your other comment about whether a dream is really a visit or not - of course, many dreams will be produced by your own subconscious, but the "visitation" dream always has a different quality: more vivid, meaningful, stays in the memory long after "normal" dreams have faded, and often has an overt or covert message. In the case of my father's visitation dream, he actually "barged-in" on an unrelated dream I was already having, took it over, if you like, and appeared to me as (in the dream) I opened the gates at the end of my garden. He was glowing with health, and grasped me lovingly with both hands, asking, "did I understand everything he had done?". Before I could answer, the dream faded, but the memory of it has stayed undimmed in the mind these past 19 years, while others I may have had of him have gone.

You will not have any doubts about a true visitation dream - when it comes, you will know!

Best wishes,

Alfred

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.