Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Choosing your next life. (Read 16756 times)
Reach

Choosing your next life.
May 26th, 2008 at 3:08pm

Hi and Good Day All, i have been doing a number of reading of different books and the conclusion of most of the books seen to say the same thing ( That we choose our next life and of coarse our parents ). I have a slight problem with this - now is an example that is happening in my life. I had a date this weekend with a friend of my sisters. A woman with a heart of gold , is kind and has gentle has a lamb . Now this particular woman has had some to say the least very bad relationships ie been battered by her partner both physically and mentally. Now i for one can not understand why a person would want to choose a life like that. But even if that person did choose that life for a particular reason , the person who did the abusing did he now choose a life so that he could create misery and others. Did that person waste a life just to help another progress. Not so sure.

Surely when one is born into a new life that life must be determined by the previous life one lived. Live a good life increases your spiritual development. We have terms like cause and effect , freewill , karma and all of this must have some bearing on our next life. We are born , learn and return until we have reached a level of spiritual development that keeps us in the spiritual realms.

Or do we choose the life but not the circumstances ie choose the parents and were and when but our freewill determines the outcome. But if someone is so bad does that person not need retribution for the misery that he or she has to bring on others.

I mean people like Hitler does that person yes we know when he passes over goes to the lower astral planes but does someone like him be limited to the type of life he can live. Some books say that people who suffer here are those that were bad in there last life. There seens to be alot of conflicting reports on what happens when one moves from the phyiscal to the astral to the spritual.Please help has im confused with a number of these points.

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: Choosing your next life.
Reply #1 - May 26th, 2008 at 4:14pm

Greetings Reach!

Your interest in this problem speaks well of you since your kindness and concern for your friend has motivated it.

Some of our life events we choose, some are planned by Higher Spirit and by members of your heavenly family, the group you return to between incarnations. Alot of it we can't understand now since we don't have enough consciousness while on Earth to see 'the big picture.'

In the top blue bar on this page, there is a window next to a small magnifying glass. If you will type in  Hitler  you will get links to several of the discussions people have recently had here.

What you are thinking about is 'why is there evil?'   and that has confounded humans forever.Maybe the best we can do is to try not to add to evil-- and better yet to help heal those who have suffered from it.

Love, Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

tgecks

Dahlonega, Georgia
Reply #2 - May 26th, 2008 at 4:42pm

Dear Friend-

It seems to me that you are considering things only from the human viewpoint, and with a decidedly Judeo-Christian bent. This is not incorrect, just limited in my opinion.

Yes, I believe that even the abused play a role in their abuse, just as the abuser has a role. I personally believe there is no coincidence whatsoever, and that every bit of every thing you encounter is there at your behest. The Course in Miracles goes so far as to suggest that there is NOTHING at all "out there" and that you are dreaming ALL of it, even the other people who seem separate, but who are really just projections of your Self so you can blame "them" rather than deal with the guilt yourself. Well, we did used to sing "Life is but a Dream..." It is. It goes on to say that none of this, not one bit, is created by God, but was the result of the crazy thought of the Son of God that it might be separated from God to begin with. And in that instant, "when the Son of God forgot to laugh at how absurd an idea this was that anything could be separate from the Father" the Big Bang happened. And more-- that God will not and cannot intervene in this creation without making it real, which of course, it is not. Yes, in my opinion you are creating and drawing to you EXACTLY what you have devised for your own purposes of your lifetime, good or bad. No coincidences at all.

You say "surely" there is some justice and karma, and some sort of hierarchy of good and evil over there. There is not. As Neale Donald Walsch wrote in Book 1 of Conversations with God, "Even Hitler went to heaven." And I believe this is true. Try to think about it, as evil as it all was, as someone trying to show ourselves to us, to show the insanity of war and human indifference and suffering. It did not work, not really in a truly effective way. The looters are still looting, the news is full of fear and loathing, and there is still ethnic cleansing happening right this moment. Doesn't God care? Not really. There is nothing we can really do to hurt our real self, unless of course you look at it only through human earthly eyes. From this limited view we are victims of it all, recipients of a stream of happenstance and plagued by illness, famine, earthquakes.

You are not your body any more than a radio playing Beethoven is Beethoven. If you took the radio apart, Beethoven is not in there. Likewise, you are not really in there either. We are broadcasting from somewhere else, creating and holding the Dream, the Timeline for our purposes of learning and acting out every possible thing we can, even being handicapped and dealing with tragedy. Would we really learn anything if we were not challenged? Would we have evolved?

Just my two cents worth. It may seem harsh, but I truly belive we create it all just as we would have it.

Great Light,
Thomas

IP Logged

SHSS

Reply #3 - May 26th, 2008 at 9:05pm

Reach wrote on May 26th, 2008 at 3:08pm:
Hi and Good Day All, i have been doing a number of reading of different books and the conclusion of most of the books seen to say the same thing ( That we choose our next life and of coarse our parents ). I have a slight problem with this - now is an example that is happening in my life. I had a date this weekend with a friend of my sisters. A woman with a heart of gold , is kind and has gentle has a lamb . Now this particular woman has had some to say the least very bad relationships ie been battered by her partner both physically and mentally. Now i for one can not understand why a person would want to choose a life like that. But even if that person did choose that life for a particular reason , the person who did the abusing did he now choose a life so that he could create misery and others. Did that person waste a life just to help another progress. Not so sure.

Surely when one is born into a new life that life must be determined by the previous life one lived. Live a good life increases your spiritual development. We have terms like cause and effect , freewill , karma and all of this must have Welcome to the forum Reach.
some bearing on our next life. We are born , learn and return until we have reached a level of spiritual development that keeps us in the spiritual realms.

Or do we choose the life but not the circumstances ie choose the parents and were and when but our freewill determines the outcome. But if someone is so bad does that person not need retribution for the misery that he or she has to bring on others.

I mean people like Hitler does that person yes we know when he passes over goes to the lower astral planes but does someone like him be limited to the type of life he can live. Some books say that people who suffer here are those that were bad in there last life. There seens to be alot of conflicting reports on what happens when one moves from the phyiscal to the astral to the spritual.Please help has im confused with a number of these points.

Welcome to the forum Reach.
What always amazes me is how so many people will throw out religion and rightfully so, IMO.  They find out they have been fed a bunch of controlling bunk and then they will pick up new-age books, and believe anything they read.  I guess we don't learn too easy.  This is why I want to find things out for myself.  Then I will check with others.

A little true story:
I had not seen my cousin since we were little kids and she found me on the internet.  She could not wait to start in on how many times she had been married and how many loves she had and each and every one of them had beaten her.  She played pitiful to the max and was quite proud of how horrid her life had been and she went on and on about these horrid men.
I asked her if she had seen anything odd about the fact that she was always drawing these sort of men into her life.  Could she possibly have something to do with it?
She could not hear me through her tears and stories of woe.  I had not seen someone in my entire life who enjoyed suffering so much.  She clung to her misery as if her very life depended on it.
To make a long story short, I had never met such a hateful vengeful person in my life and could not get far enough away.

Hope this makes sense,   Smiley
Love,
SHSS

IP Logged

Reach

Reply #4 - May 27th, 2008 at 12:44pm

Thank you for your time and answers.

Here is my take on a souls progression to the Source which can take many many life times or a few depending on that person.

A New soul is born his first time around but we cant expect to be incarnated has Paris Hilton and have the good easier life, no life lessons must be learnt and harsh ones of that. Now depending on the progression of that soul durning that life time must have some bearing of his new life in his new carnation. ie if that soul has had a positive out come in his previous life - Positive Karma then a easier physical life awaits so new life lessons can be learnt. While all these reincarnations are happening life lessons are being learnt and added to ones own Higher Self. Now a brand new soul would not have these experiences those have very little in his Higher Self to call upon. Although all the answers are out there a new soul would be like a sheep and follows rather than leads. Souls are on vary degrees of development on the physical.

The above applies to the opposite if a soul who has been reincarnated and has many life times of experiences to call upon but chooses to ignore for the sake of his ego and material wealth he/she then has a negative karma and must balance this out in his progression to Nirvana. He/ she therefore has a worse life then they previous one to address there imperfections.

Still reading lots to learn and if anyone can recommend some good reading material i would greatly appreciated.

IP Logged

Reach

Reply #5 - May 27th, 2008 at 12:52pm

betson wrote on May 26th, 2008 at 4:14pm:
Greetings Reach!

Your interest in this problem speaks well of you since your kindness and concern for your friend has motivated it.

Some of our life events we choose, some are planned by Higher Spirit and by members of your heavenly family, the group you return to between incarnations. Alot of it we can't understand now since we don't have enough consciousness while on Earth to see 'the big picture.'

In the top blue bar on this page, there is a window next to a small magnifying glass. If you will type in  Hitler  you will get links to several of the discussions people have recently had here.

What you are thinking about is 'why is there evil?'   and that has confounded humans forever.Maybe the best we can do is to try not to add to evil-- and better yet to help heal those who have suffered from it.

Love, Bets

Hi Bets , thanks and yes it is ture that I see a beautiful person who has done no wrong have the life she has lived.

The one point a hope you can address for me is "heavenly family" is this the same has the family that I have had on the physical or something else. Has there are a few family members that i would rather not see again Smiley

IP Logged

Reach

Reply #6 - May 27th, 2008 at 12:57pm

tgecks wrote on May 26th, 2008 at 4:42pm:
Dear Friend-

It seems to me that you are considering things only from the human viewpoint, and with a decidedly Judeo-Christian bent. This is not incorrect, just limited in my opinion.

Yes, I believe that even the abused play a role in their abuse, just as the abuser has a role. I personally believe there is no coincidence whatsoever, and that every bit of every thing you encounter is there at your behest. The Course in Miracles goes so far as to suggest that there is NOTHING at all "out there" and that you are dreaming ALL of it, even the other people who seem separate, but who are really just projections of your Self so you can blame "them" rather than deal with the guilt yourself. Well, we did used to sing "Life is but a Dream..." It is. It goes on to say that none of this, not one bit, is created by God, but was the result of the crazy thought of the Son of God that it might be separated from God to begin with. And in that instant, "when the Son of God forgot to laugh at how absurd an idea this was that anything could be separate from the Father" the Big Bang happened. And more-- that God will not and cannot intervene in this creation without making it real, which of course, it is not. Yes, in my opinion you are creating and drawing to you EXACTLY what you have devised for your own purposes of your lifetime, good or bad. No coincidences at all.

You say "surely" there is some justice and karma, and some sort of hierarchy of good and evil over there. There is not. As Neale Donald Walsch wrote in Book 1 of Conversations with God, "Even Hitler went to heaven." And I believe this is true. Try to think about it, as evil as it all was, as someone trying to show ourselves to us, to show the insanity of war and human indifference and suffering. It did not work, not really in a truly effective way. The looters are still looting, the news is full of fear and loathing, and there is still ethnic cleansing happening right this moment. Doesn't God care? Not really. There is nothing we can really do to hurt our real self, unless of course you look at it only through human earthly eyes. From this limited view we are victims of it all, recipients of a stream of happenstance and plagued by illness, famine, earthquakes.

You are not your body any more than a radio playing Beethoven is Beethoven. If you took the radio apart, Beethoven is not in there. Likewise, you are not really in there either. We are broadcasting from somewhere else, creating and holding the Dream, the Timeline for our purposes of learning and acting out every possible thing we can, even being handicapped and dealing with tragedy. Would we really learn anything if we were not challenged? Would we have evolved?

Just my two cents worth. It may seem harsh, but I truly belive we create it all just as we would have it.

Great Light,
Thomas

Hi Thomas , surely our progression has a soul means to do no evil then those souls that are doing evil surely there progression forward is halted untill all evil thoughts are removed.

IP Logged

Reach

Reply #7 - May 27th, 2008 at 1:00pm

SHSS wrote on May 26th, 2008 at 9:05pm:
Reach wrote on May 26th, 2008 at 3:08pm:

Surely when one is born into a new life that life must be determined by the previous life one lived. Live a good life increases your spiritual development. We have terms like cause and effect , freewill , karma and all of this must have Welcome to the forum Reach.
some bearing on our next life. We are born , learn and return until we have reached a level of spiritual development that keeps us in the spiritual realms.

Welcome to the forum Reach.
What always amazes me is how so many people will throw out religion and rightfully so, IMO.  They find out they have been fed a bunch of controlling bunk and then they will pick up new-age books, and believe anything they read.  I guess we don't learn too easy.  This is why I want to find things out for myself.  Then I will check with others.

A little true story:
I had not seen my cousin since we were little kids and she found me on the internet.  She could not wait to start in on how many times she had been married and how many loves she had and each and every one of them had beaten her.  She played pitiful to the max and was quite proud of how horrid her life had been and she went on and on about these horrid men.
I asked her if she had seen anything odd about the fact that she was always drawing these sort of men into her life.  Could she possibly have something to do with it?
She could not hear me through her tears and stories of woe.  I had not seen someone in my entire life who enjoyed suffering so much.  She clung to her misery as if her very life depended on it.
To make a long story short, I had never met such a hateful vengeful person in my life and could not get far enough away.

Hope this makes sense,   Smiley
Love,
SHSS

Hi SHSS , the Universal Law Of Attraction

IP Logged

SHSS

Reply #8 - May 27th, 2008 at 2:25pm

Hi Reach

Law of Attraction, yes I believe so.  And for a long time, I wondered what was in me that attracted her into my life, as short as our interaction was.  I found out that I had a lot of old family business to deal with.

Books:  Robert Monroe's trilogy
           Bruce Moen's four afterlife series books
           Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, (honestly)

With these books, you can learn how to access your own knowledge.  Meditation is the best way, IMO, and these books give some good ideas about that.  Also, OSHO has an excellent book on meditation.

Love and Best Wishes,
SHSS   Smiley

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #9 - May 27th, 2008 at 2:30pm

Tgeks: "You say "surely" there is some justice and karma, and some sort of hierarchy of good and evil over there. There is not. As Neale Donald Walsch wrote in Book 1 of Conversations with God, "Even Hitler went to heaven." And I believe this is true. Try to think about it, as evil as it all was, as someone trying to show ourselves to us, to show the insanity of war and human indifference and suffering. It did not work, not really in a truly effective way. The looters are still looting, the news is full of fear and loathing, and there is still ethnic cleansing happening right this moment. Doesn't God care? Not really. There is nothing we can really do to hurt our real self, unless of course you look at it only through human earthly eyes. From this limited view we are victims of it all, recipients of a stream of happenstance and plagued by illness, famine, earthquakes."

I don't agree with what Tgecks wrote above. There is so much evidence which is non-fundamentalist in nature which shows that in some way we basically continue to be what we are during physical life after we die.  This is why some spirits end up in the lower realms after they die. Tgecks himself wrote about the existence of such realms on a previous thread he wrote.

Adolph Hitler didn't do what he did to serve a greater good. He did so for self serving reasons. Regarding his providing a lesson to the World, obviously the lesson didn't work, because people continue to do terrible things to each other. Consider the millions of Tibetans China has recently murdered. Regarding Walsch's statement that God doesn't care, "Hogwash!" Even if this World isn't the ultimate reality, suffering is suffering while a person experiences it. God no more wants to see people suffer because of the things a person like Adolph Hitler did, than he wants to see a little girl suffer because she is forced into prostitution.

Even today there are people who commit race oriented crimes against others, partly because of Adolph Hitler's so called lesson. I'm speaking of people such as Nazis, skinheads and KKK members. The sad truth is that the spirit World has to keep sending souls into tough incarnations "not" because the spirit World wants to but because people in this World keep creating tough incarnations. For example, a father who has a daughter he will molest. I believe that Walsch really insults God when he claims that God is an uncaring being who could care less that his children suffer. Would any loving parent be so callous because of a bunch of philosophical double talk?

Here lies the danger of a book such as ACIM. I thought I was quiet on this matter because disscussions on the course didn't work out well in the past. I'm not saying it doesn't have anything good to say, but it also tends to give people the idea that they don't have to worry about the World because nothing we experience is real.  Say that to a kid who gets burned terribly in an explosion in Iraq and can't find the medical help he needs. When I read ACIM I found that it had a brainwashing effect. One night I had a dream where at the end a man vigorously shook me and asked: "Why did you do it, why did you do it? Why did you allow yourself to get brainwashed again?" I've prayed to God and Christ a number of times and asked if ACIM came from Christ, and each time with a symbolic visual message I was told "No."

Again, I'm not saying that ACIM doesn't have anything good to say, but certainly it isn't infallible. If it gets us to the point where we dismiss the suffering of others as unreal, it is misleading us. ACIM is similar to Advaita Vedanta in the way it can cause a person to be indifferent.  I've found that spiritual groups based on the teachings of Advaita Vendanta tend to isolate themselves from the rest of the World and commit all of their resources to the group. Often these are loving people who could've made positive contributions to the World.

I had a dream one night. First I was shown that we create our own reality. Then I was shown Adolph Hitler in a room all by himself that was filled with cobwebs. Obviously this was a way of showing that he wasn't placed into a hell by a God who punishes. Rather, when he gets to the point where he is willing to admit to himself the harm and suffering he caused to "many" people and experience the suffering they experienced, he's going to have a lot of very painful Soul searching to go through.  Until a Soul becomes honest enough to do so, it won't be able to progress towards the light. There is also the matter of the soul searching the Souls Hitler influenced in a negative way will have to go through.

One night I had an experience where a light being showed me how he experiences this World. This being didn't identify himself, but going by past experiences, I believe it was Christ.  This experience showed me how much suffering a being such as Christ is aware of. Light beings don't turn their backs on us when we suffer in various ways.  It causes them great pain to see what we go through. Things need to change in this World. The suffering that exists for many won't go away by pretending that it doesn't exist.  Until we get to the point where we love our neighbor to an extent where their suffering becomes our suffering, I don't believe we should dismiss their suffering as an illusion. If you put the cart before the horse you get no where.  

« Last Edit: May 27th, 2008 at 8:18pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

Reach

Reply #10 - May 28th, 2008 at 3:46am

Surely no one is born evil , no one is born a raciest , rapist , murder . Its by ones choice were one wants to progress or not. Robert Mugabe didn't start his life saying that he wanted his people to suffer he became that person. His ego stood in his way resulting in the man he is today. Life is full of choices and most of the time not easy ones especially with the pressure one has from others. In the words of George Lucas - There is the Dark side and the Light side one chooses which side to progress to.And if those choices are wrong then more incarnations are needed.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #11 - May 28th, 2008 at 4:34am

Thomas,

Neale Walsch has a very highly developed imagination!! You always quote from other sources dont you have a personal original position?

Quote:
You say "surely" there is some justice and karma, and some sort of hierarchy of good and evil over there. There is not. As Neale Donald Walsch wrote in Book 1 of Conversations with God, "Even Hitler went to heaven." And I

Hitler decidedly did not go to heaven, in heaven, all minds are open to one another by telepathy and this reprobate depraved mind is not allowed to pollute the Cosmic mind until it is purified.

In my NDE I saw Hitler in a hell like realm where he had to experience all the pain, sorry, desperation, desolation, despair, horror  and hopelessness and terror of woman and men, having their beloveds wives, husbands,  their children snatched from them and thrown alive into blazing furnaces because they had run out of poison gas. Of course this brief account does not come infinitely close to descibing the mind of this rebrobate monster. The great general Patton and man hardened by the horrors of war vomited and wept when he saw the horrors of Hitlers death camp This base beast does absoluely not reside in heaven!!!

We are responsible for our actions both good and bad because we are in the battle of life to advance or regress down or upward if you like We are given a free will and we must account for it to God . Do you really think that God or the Mandela of advanced souls are just going to pat him lightly on his backside saying “you bad bad naughty naughty little boy”, you should have not committed these unspeakable acts of depravity but we love you anyway because you were fond of your German Shepard dog.

Oh!! by the way I would not be writing this post if I had lived in Germany at the time of Hitler, you see my mother was Jewish, Zidersaski was her maiden name. They lived of the Polish border and had to flee the approaching Soviet army, also headed by another despot Stalin.

Hitler would have sent me and the rest of my beautiful innocent family to burn and be poisened in his very efficient gas chambers. So you can believe this unspeakble depraved monster is in heaven, but I know he is not.

Come on

Alan  
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2008 at 1:09am by Alan McDougall »  

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #12 - May 28th, 2008 at 6:58am

Respecting those of you who have other views of these, I must admit that I still have difficulty with the "maps" provided to me of an afterlife with actual "hells" for those who have done "bad" things.

I cannot escape the thought that our visions of heavens and hells exist simply because we want them to exist. Possibly, we feel better when we imagine the torment of someone who has "mortally" offended us.

But, just as there can be isolation cells for unruly prisoners, perhaps "hell" is simply "another place" for a soul. Pause to think about that.

How would any of us know what compassion is, if we didn't know what suffering is too? There are times when each of us  is more or less "in tune" with our compassionate self...times when we can feel more deeply, and also times when we are "cut off" from our emotions....

I see all this reflected in our afterlife experiences, as reported on this board.

Perhaps the afterlife God had in mind was more like an ocean wave...we all catch the wave together and ride it in to the shore. Everyone goes, wow, that was crazy wild fun! Somebody gets sucked under and the Great "Life Saver" LifeGuard must leap into the water to rescue the drowning surfer. "Will he live?" everyone says, gathered around the figure on the sand. Says someone, "What has he done to deserve to live?"

God says, "Does it matter? I've got a couple of minutes to do this thing, so do you want to stand around talking or what?"

IP Logged

SHSS

Reply #13 - May 28th, 2008 at 10:41am

That was good blink, really good.  I'll share my version which I hope doesn't bring down the wrath of the forum; that wouldn't be much fun.

Let us say that we are going to put together the biggest most interesting blockbuster movie that we can.  We want all the astral beings sitting on those astral benches sucking down that astral popcorn to be watching breathlessly until the end.  No boredom allowed if possible.  Well, we are going to have villains, monsters, vengeful, hateful characters as well as good.  How else will the watchers have hope for the good guys?
If we made a movie or experience where everyone sat around loving each other and that is all, it might not get very good ratings.
Ok, when the movie is over, the actors take off their costumes, their hate or whatever role they played, they are paid greatly, adored for their part in the play and all go home to rest and float around in their well deserved castles.

Vindictiveness is vindictiveness no matter how you dress it up.  (hope I spelled that right)  And also a state of mind.

Love.
SHSS   

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #14 - May 28th, 2008 at 12:57pm

It isn't a matter of vindictiveness. I help extensively with retrievels and I don't care who I help.

Once a spirit gets to the point where it decides to live according to love, isn't it quite natural that it will want to look at its entire life honestly? If the answer is yes, what would a spirit such as Adolph Hitler go through when he sees how many people he hurt? Whether it seems fair or not, perhaps he has reached this point, he's going to experience a lot of grief, guilt, shame and remorse when he sees how much he has hurt people. The effects of his wrongdoings still continue today. Has anybody read what people say about life reviews during their near death experiences? It is really painful when one faces the harm they inflicted on others. Has anybody faced something they feel guilty about during this life? Was it pleasant to do so? It is interesting that what Alan experienced during his NDE below is similar to the message I received through a dream.

"In my NDE I saw Hitler in a hell like realm where he had to experience all the pain, sorry, desperation, desolation, despair, horror  and hopelessness and terror of woman and men, having their beloveds wives, husbands,  their children snatched from them and thrown alive into blazing furnaces because they had run out of poison gas."

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.