Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Golden Compass etc (Read 4024 times)
betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
The Golden Compass etc
May 12th, 2008 at 6:11pm

Greetings!   Smiley

'The Golden Compass" (book) starts off with comments about various worlds that are nearby but in the sky and hidden by a veil or the aurora. That sounds similiar to the various focus levels !

Have you read this set of three books? Have you heard much about the author Phillip Pullman?
How much of what they describe can be related to what recent spiritual explorers see?

Cheesy I don't mind if you give away the plot---I'm more interested in finding out how much these 'new' ideas of heaven are getting around.

Betson

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

SHSS

Re: The Golden Compass etc
Reply #1 - May 12th, 2008 at 7:01pm

Hi betson,

I read and loved the trilogy.  I watched the DVD "The Golden Compass" the other day.  IMO, the guy has insight into parts of reality.  From what I have experienced personally, reality is so vast that just about anything or perhaps anything can be real in some sense.  I hope there are movies made from the other two books.

Love,
SHSS   Smiley

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #2 - May 12th, 2008 at 7:20pm

Hi Bets and SHSS. I have not read this triology due to I'm reading 6 other books. its better if I read one at a time, but shucks...they are all good.

the aurora sounds to me like the same thing spoken of as the veil of forgetfulness noted in Monroe's expeditions as just before entering Earth Vacation resort, we pass through the wipe out point of memories so we can be "new."

not everyone can accept this idea, but it's been around for quite some time, not new idea that we are all in process of remembering who we really are. then this is called self realization in some parts.

Currently, I'm into the New Earth book of Tolle's. Eckhardt Tolle. In it he defines what ego is and does in the world as it tries to become more of itself by adding things unto itself as possessions. Then we have the ego saying stuff like "get off my turf."
this creates wars.

I like Tolle's style of writing about the ego and states of consciousness as mankind begins to get his ego under control on this planet and slips into a more generous frame of mind, his natural spiritual state.
He's like a spiritual psychologist. I'm going to do a book review on New Earth later.
the book has a very calming tone to it.

Did you know at Trafford Publishing firm has 250,000 books come out monthly? I think that's correct. and thats just one firm of the self publishing type.

wow, the world is rocking with words. We may run out of food, but we'll never run out of books! lol.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 12th, 2008 at 7:44pm

I liked the Golden Compass Bets. Despite a certain amount of Hollywoodesque fluff it pictures a scenario very like the pull between ego and intellect on the one side, and heart and spirit on the other. Almost a like he set out to create a metaphor for the situation in the world today.

Saw the film some months back. I'm an Exckhardt Tolle fan too - he's very good at capturing the practical implications of a basic concept like 'nowness' ..

Here's a song that somehow tugs at my heartstrings, and I'm not even a country music fan: http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=UpvfioJaW1k

Willie Nelson has such a centred feel about him, a lot of depth and stillness......

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #4 - May 23rd, 2008 at 7:45pm

Bets-- my husband and I rented the Golden Compass.  I was impressed with the scenario of the "soul" being represented as an animal.  The American Indians also have the same scenario and call it your totem animal.  And as the person in the story got older, he/she lost the ability to hear their soul/animal speaking back to them.  How true! We all tend to stop listening once our child/innocence is gone.  Then we search our souls trying to hear it once again.  --Carol Ann

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

Old Dood

Lansing
Reply #5 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 6:33am

I have read the first two books.
I have been meaning to finish the third.
We go on vacation in a few weeks.
We rent a cottage right on Lake Huron in Michigan for a week.
It is the PERFECT place to READ all week and basically relax.
So, I will finish the series there...
They are very easy reads by the way.

I would suggest that anyone that has only seen the movie to read the books.
Books are always 'better' however, they did a pretty good job with the movie in my opinion.
The cast of characters in the movie seem to fix the ones in the books.
ESPECIALLY Sam Elliot's role. He was the one I thought of when I read the books well before I knew who was in the movie.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #6 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 12:03pm

Quote:
The Golden Compass" (book) starts off with comments about various worlds that are nearby but in the sky and hidden by a veil or the aurora. That sounds similiar to the various focus levels !

Actually, this would be an example of a parallel dimension, a probable earth, an alternate universe, however you want to call it.  A place just as physical as the one we are in now, only a different set of probablities manifested in that reality.  It could be that the author had an experience in which he became aware of a reality such as this one.  This would most likely occur through the dream state, although it is possible to access these probable realities through other means, other states of consciousness, as well. 

I dont agree with the statement that they are "in the sky".  This version of earth would occupy the same space as our earth, although space doesnt even exist in higher levels.  This earth would have a different vibratory level than ours, therefore being unperceivable unless you altered your own vibrations to match those of that parallel reality, which is possible to do in altered states of consciousness.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #7 - Jun 14th, 2008 at 9:41am

Hi Dude,

So is the sky just handy as a blank space where we can view what's around us?  Sort of like the green screen used by TV?

I agree with you all ! 
We got the book after seeing the Netflix CD, and the book gives us time to wonder about their thoughts and concepts more.
Someone said   'there's more truth in fiction....'   Smiley

Thanks!
Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

tgecks

Dahlonega, Georgia
Reply #8 - Jun 14th, 2008 at 1:03pm

The sequel is called The Subtle Knife, and involves Lyra and Will again, using a magic knife to literally cut through the air in to parallel worlds. The bad guys have found some of these holes that the creators of this knife have left open, and Will (who has the power of the knife) and Lyra set about closing them and sealing the bad guys in their own world.

And the Dust. Bob Monroe called it Loosh.

I will not ruin the plot, as it is well written and worth the read. I listened to it as an MP3 file in my car as I drove to work, downloaded from www.audible.com free when I joined. Also listened to The New Earth, which is also worth the read, or the listen. Also, check out Oprah's webcasts with Eckard.

Great Love and Light,

Thomas

IP Logged

Old Dood

Lansing
Reply #9 - Jun 14th, 2008 at 11:09pm

Funny...We were at Best Buy today and Mrs Dood wanted that movie.
I did not realize she has not seen it.

So we just watched it at home.  Even though they cut out quite a bit of the book it was still very entertaining.

I love the Art-Deco Tech they have in their world.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #10 - Jun 15th, 2008 at 3:57am

I agree with you Dude that parallel universes are there as well time travel will become something we can do. I don't believe there's anything out there as applies to solidity..as only energy exists.

(spaces are between each molecule of our body, in movement as energy particles, therefore, we are energy vibrating, perceiving ourselves as a solid body)

Orthic space is reported in The Unobstructed Universe, as points of consciousness, interacting with other sparks, who take a form and each have an energy signature which doubles for what we call ourselves a name here for identification purposes. so focus 27 is like a certain type of consciousness grouping together of many sparks, beings, units, a mid point of the heavens perhaps, but only one dimension of many parallel universes we cannot conceive of while living a single focus life.
Unless one keeps flipping out of one's body.

You know what I think of ober's? u just can't keep em down on the farm after they seen Paree.

Traveling the grid lines in Orthic space is like flying outside a belief system and traveling a pioneers beaten path...it's so amazing to be so free....

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.