Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A Course In Miracles exerpts (Read 8386 times)
LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
A Course In Miracles exerpts
Mar 22nd, 2008 at 10:15pm

When u meet anyone, remember it is a holy encounter. as u see him, you will see yourself.
______
Me: This means we mirror each other quite a lot. If we see ourselves as unloving, we see others the same. if we see god in others, we will see god in ourselves.
______
The goal of the curriculum regardless of the teacher you choose, is Know thyself, there is nothing else to learn.
_______
Me: Perception, the use of our 5 senses and knowledge are not the same things. Perception does not lead to peace of mind, while knowledge does.
______
U were in darkness until god’s will was done completely by any part of the Sonship. When it was, it was perfectly accomplished by ALL.
_________
Me: this explains the journey one man came and how he succeeded, that he practiced perfect love in showing us death of the body is nothing but a resurrection of the soul. He is saying, since he has accomplished that, we can look to him, and see that we can do it too.
______
The world must despise and reject me, because the world is the belief that LOVE is impossible.
_____
Me: One will hear many of our brothers preach on the lack of love in the world, therefore we have become convinced, the world is flat. The world is not flat, because Columbus proved it was round. Just as JC proved perfect love is accomplishable. JC is not the only ascended master, but he is the best well known figure to express perfect love.
______
Your will is the means by which you determine your own condition, because will is the MECHANISM OF DECISION. Your will is as powerful as mine.
________
Me: It is necessary to choose whom to serve: the ego, or Holy (whole) Spirit. Or, PUL. To do this requires a willingness, or to practice the willingness, and this develops a will power to serve the truth. He is saying he had no power that is greater than your own to be accomplishing perfect love.
_____
Freedom cannot be learned by tyranny of ANY kind.
_______
Me: We all desire freedom from a conflicted mind. In the afterlife realms above the BST's, tyranny, which is a demonstration of a lack of perfect love is simply not allowed, as that would be forcing your will upon another child of god. Gentleness abounds, and helpfulness is the call there.
_______

The Holy spirit has use for sleep, and can use dreams on BEHALF of waking, if you will let him.
______
Me: Within the obe or the dream landscape HS, the instrument of God, the helpers, can use your subconscious dream landscape to employ truth of who and what you are, but only if you are desiring to serve and learn through this method and show your willingness to learn this way.
_____

The will to  wake is the will to love, since all healing involves replacing fear with love.
_____
Me: We are all asleep to some degree. Here we have another example of how important the will is, to awaken from our dreams. Love, or PUL is a great truth, we all wish to give and receive love of the highest order and this makes us feel peace. Fear is what we become accustomed to feeling. To replace fear with love then is the objective and is constant process.
______
The bible is about love, being about god, if it is properly understood.
_____
Here He is saying we rarely interpret the bible as it is meant to be interpreted. and we have the old axion that god is love.
_____

Your will is your salvation BECAUSE IT IS THE SAME AS GOD’S. The separation is nothing more than the belief that it is different.
______
Me: here we have our will or willingness to learn what salvation means, or to be "saved" from our fearfulness and gain peace of mind. The separation spoken of is the ego action whereby the ego must always claim it is different and the ego will judge others to be less or more loved of god than another. In truth, god's love for us is perfect and cannot be measured except by the ego self serving.
______

The Course states and repeatedly, that it’s purpose is the escape from fear.
______
Me: Escape from fear is to live within a consistent PUL state. In that state the beingness experiences joy and life abundant and extends this vibe out into the world as the truth of our being.
_____

Because I will to know myself, I see you as God’s Son and my brother.
_____
Me: Because we are the children of God we will be the creators of heaven on Earth. It is all for one and one for all in this oneness. We return home together, or we do not return at all, is one way to look at it, because we love each other, we desire to serve each other according to the will of the Father.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Re: A Course In Miracles exerpts
Reply #1 - Apr 21st, 2008 at 3:45pm

hey...more miracle minded stuff..from ACIM Urtext, which is what it was before it got reworked, but the message is the same as the text throughout each chapter, just different wording to say the same..why?

because it's unbelievable in its simplicity..ACIM preaches love. thats it.

below is copy from Urtext http://courseinmiracles.com/

Unless you are guiltless you cannot know God, Whose Will is that you know Him. Therefore, you MUST be guiltless. But, if you do not accept the necessary conditions for knowing Him, YOU HAVE Denied HIM, and do not recognize Him, though He is all around you. He cannot be known without His Son, (you, yea, you)
whose guiltlessness IS the condition for knowing Him. Accepting His Son (you, yea, you) as guilty is denial of the Father so complete, that knowledge is swept away from recognition, in the very mind where God Himself has placed it. If you would but listen and learn how impossible this is! Do not endow Him with attributes YOU understand. You made Him not, and anything YOU understand is not of Him.

Your task is not to make reality. It is here, WITHOUT your making, but NOT without YOU. You who have thrown yourselves away, and valued God so little, hear me speak for Him, and for yourselves. You cannot understand how much God loves you, for there is no parallel in your experience of the world to help you understand it. There is nothing on Earth with which to compare, and nothing you have ever felt, APART from Him, that resembles it ever so faintly. You cannot even give a blessing in perfect gentleness. Would you know of One Who gives forever, and Who knows of nothing EXCEPT giving?

(tell me this is not truth and I'll eat 2 of my hats, and not even use ketchup. Say, chillun, we be moving towards sweet innocense into the shift. Sin has been atoned for already. Happy nightmares..give em up! (SHUT UP DEAD PREACHER!) LOL.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Re: A Course In Miracles perspectives
Reply #2 - Apr 29th, 2008 at 3:09pm

A discourse on what is illusion and what is real according to the way I understand it.

One way to understand what is real and what is not real, is to check the emotional monitor. Many of our thoughts are now fear backed. Fear is also uncertainty. We all want to “know.” If we know that we don’t know, it produces a feeling of uncertainty about the future. Which hasn’t happened yet, but still we fear the future sometimes.

At the same time, many of us are experiencing a thought of love, especially when we extend a thought of love to another. Any time you feel love, it is correct perception occurring. For in truth, only love can be a shared commodity, producing more of itself by the act of sharing.

On the other hand fear backed thoughts we also share most often, or try to when we complain or try to ascertain our will over another, there is fear behind such a thought. If we extend our fear based thoughts to another, we may then create a mob mentality quite easily and then life becomes quite “unreal.” Upon Earth at this time, war seems “unreal.” That is because we are waking up, that the illusion exists in the collective area, that we need to come out of. and quickly. We can change the collective one by one.

If love is the reality of our being, we feel good when we’re in touch with it automatically. If we are feeling fear thoughts taking over our reality, we have stepped into the illusion that Fear is Real.

F=false
E=Evidence
A=Appearing
R=Real

To illustrate this further, many insurance businesses would go out of business if we truly were always coming from love in this world. They simply wouldn’t be able to convince us to buy into the idea that we need to insure ourselves against being a victim to circumstance. Being a victim is buying into the idea that we can be a victim, and that there is something lacking here, namely, there’s not enough love. If we are the essence of love then each of us has it and can extend it and no more victims in that case.
As a whole, we are a long ways from being in a love consciousness consistently enough that we would be always taking care of each other’s needs in any circumstance.
A new consciousness arriving on the Earth at this time is one with knowings. Therefore there would be no flucuations between love and fear thoughts. Just a knowing what to do, where to go, and who to serve and when, and needless to say, life is more enjoyable when we’re not fighting over non-essential matters. We already have many among us who are “fear disengagers.” This allows the love consciousness to grow, when you see these people in action. Some of them are comedians, actors, in politics, in finances and some in teaching and health fields. They disengage fear.

This knowing would entail the importance of every life form which includes the animal kingdom. It would entail a sharing, not of fear constructs but acceptance of our differences, which speak of individualism, but an acceptance that we get to where we are going by making sure another gets to where they are going, we elevate each other and this entails no sacrifice, but does entail a willingness to serve each other in love, undistorted by a future that has not happened yet, surrounded in fear thoughts and promoted by a feeling of being separated from God, what is Good. What is life happening, what needs to be protected from harmful fear thoughts that another needs to be displaced and proven wrong so that their own satisfaction can be attained.
Human beings can attain personal transformation by extending and attending to the needs of another, which is beyond the concept of coercement and regimental thought systems produced by the left brain. TMI thus provides a roadsign to personal transformation by indicating the right side of the brain, the intuitive senses, should be alignment with the left side, at all times, to say, there is a time to listen, there is a time to talk.

Then you might say, the new human on this planet is in a state of humming vibration. The right is balanced to the left perfectly and this is a state of nonduality functioning and knows exactly the right thing to say and the right action in any circumstance as it produces a “knowing.”  We will all be there and it’s coming so be glad. It is good news.
additionally, I have learned something recently which also gladdens me further, that is directly from ACIM teachings. It establishes our equality in this way; You Teach What You Need to Learn.

therefore teach peace in order to learn peace. teach love in order to learn love. ACIM goes on to say we are always teaching something. In the sense we are always teaching each other who we are.
precisely, who we THINK we are. according to our perceptions.
Why do we have to learn who we really are? Because there is nothing else to learn beyond learning who you really are, all else is merely who we think we are.

This thought goes further; if you believe you are love, you speak the word of love and this is where the learning part comes in..you begin to see agreement within others that you are love, because we are mirroring each other so consistently, that is how we change the world to promote harmony and preserve life and liberty. In effect ACIM makes it easy to own yourself by telling you that you are love, and love is your divine hertitage when you make the right choice to express or extend it, thus learning what goes around does come around.

in olden times it was called by some soverieignty http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereignity of the soul. simply put, one owns one's soul by serving the purpose of love, which is beyond a single individual's conceptions, but can be felt as a state of consistent well being devoid of any confusion.

this definition from Wiki is ok, but I'm thinking of this word more in alignment with an individual's enlightenment process.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Re: Graduation, related material to ACIM
Reply #3 - May 17th, 2008 at 1:37pm

I would like to thank Alan, Recoverer and Tgecks, and also Vajra for inspiring me to simmer my brain regarding this article and this wonderful board.

Concensus Reality; What Is That?

I think that means Wikipedia Consciousness. However, Wikipedia is not the end all and be all because Life is in evolution. DP, an old fashioned preacher spirit who insists me and him are the same person hangs about and offers this today: “God is not finished with us.”

Thank you Mr. Stuffy. Moving right along.

Today I was reading one of my many favorite books “Graduation, The End of Illusions, written by Paul Norman Tuttle and his own spirit sidekick Raj.

I played Khausak in the background; a new age flute duo I found at the flea market in San Diego. Two Native Americans were playing for free. I could hardly tear myself away from their booth after shakily handing over my visa, he swiped my card without missing a beat on his flute thingamajig.
This background music balances the brain as it enters the right side of the brain, which is two halves, it keeps the left brain quiet enough to blog or write books, or even draw stick figures accurately.

Back to the GRADUATION! Some of us want to graduate life circumstance. I happen to be one of them. No, I’m not suicidal. Last time I tried suicide I was foiled by divine grace. Graduation is quite the opposite end of bailing out. Suicide is frequently, but not always an attitude like this: it’s all too much to take in and nothing is going right and I’m a failure, yada yada and so forth.
As a side note, I also found out yesterday about all of us having a Pain body as well as sharing a collective pain body to work the kinks out of. More on that in another blog, but here’s a little tidbit of intense wisdom; when you are in pain, which is usually not constant, the mind produces thoughts which circle endlessly to feed but more pain thoughts and keep the sick feeling going. Don’t listen. Got that? Good.
Steaming right along with DP breathing down my neck, with this Graduation book (btw, I’ve had this book for years and got pissed at it so wouldn’t read it. However,now I know why I kept it)
Page 144: In the Allegory in the 3rd chapter of Genesis, Eve tasted the apple and found it good to be eaten. There was not immediate shame or guilt. It was when she offered it to Adam and ate of it that they found themselves, Together, experiencing shame.
I’m quoting this word for word, DP says, so I don’t color it with my own interprets.
Continuing...In other words, Eve, in her relationship with the Father, was not judged of the Father. This is an important point. THERE WERE NOT TWO PRESENT, actin in concert in disobedience to the Father. There was just the Father and Eve. There was the Father and Self-expression.

My comment: It is saying Eve was the Self expression of the Father. Furthermore we are Thoughts of God which has acquired an ego which thinks itself separate from God and strives to prove it while at the same time goes through life missing God, or feeling like something is not quite right.

Quoting again..Guilt is an impossible experience in one’s relation with the Father, even if one seems to be acting independent of the Father. At this point a joining in the act of disobedience had not occurred. The only relationship existing, still, was that of the Father and His Self-expression, which was still pure. No joining in delusion had occurred because the Father cannot relate to his Self-expression in a deluded manner. Just as there is no guilt in the presence of the Father, there also is no experience of shame. And this is why, as one approaches the Father, no matter how far off track that one seems to have gotten, there an absolving of guilt and shame.

My understanding follows, if I can get DP to back off.
(I rarely get to have fun because of DP, whaaa!)

Raj/Norman say here “It is only the sense of ego joined with another sense of ego in which the experience of shame or guilt occurs and -seems- to be real. (consensus Reality) Only when Adam agreed with Eve to act at odds with the Father’s Will - did the experience of shame and guilt AND the call for forgiveness come into play.

It is not the Father who blames. It is not the Father Who holds you or anyone else in a state of loss of grace. It is not the Father Who hands down a judgment. It is not the Father Who exacts penalty. (Karma) This means that -egos- join together (consensus Reality) in creating the definition and judgment of shame and guilt which holds everyone guilty. The joining of egos is the consensus, agreed upon reality of collective thought, and it is this consensus reality which exacts a penalty to be paid before one’s Birthright and the Kingdom of Heaven can be experienced again.

Do you see why forgiveness is essential to Awakening, and why it is central to the Course in Miracles? It is the withdrawal of judgment, by means of which you hold your fellow man in bondage to his separated sense of himself from the Father.

I will end this discourse now for a meditation, and also I need to go have some fun. One last word; Graduation continues to say on page 145 through Norman, as Raj, whom was the same entity or a close entity relative as inspired ACIM “the consensus agreement at this time for a great majority is that there is not a God, and that we should act as if we are bastards, and that we are not the direct an only Self-expression of the Father.
Get over it says DP. We are embryo Gods because we came from God Stuff. Chow, live long and prosper.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #4 - Jun 15th, 2008 at 8:31pm

Christian Mysticism, pg 29 from “Disappearance of the Universe by Gary Renard.

Gary took 9 years writing this book. After reading A Course In Miracles something amazing happened to him.
Two people, a man and a woman who calls themselves Arten and Pursah, ascended masters from the future, appeared before him for 17 visits, the result of which is this book. Arten and Pursah claim to be have lived the life of Thomas, who wrote the Gospel of Thomas. Pursah/Thomas claims J did not say many of the things that the Thomas gospel purports as true and that the gospel of Thomas contain things which he himself did not say. Pursah continues that during the times of J, if someone had mentioned the word Christianty, they would have asked “what’s that?” They declare J never meant to establish a religion that could go awry such as what has happened to Christianity.
Arten, appearing as a future embodiment to Gary, has taken a female form. They explain it is not unusual for a soul to interchange gender identifications within lifetimes appearing.
Arten was Thaddaeus who declares she/he was merely a disiple and did not write the Epistle of Jude. Chapter 2 is called The J Underground.

On their first appearance Gary inquires understandably with this question: “You’re appearing to me rather than to someone more appropriate because?
Pursah answers: We already told you but the explanation was too simple for you. We are here because it is helpful for us to appear right now. That’s all you really need to know for the time being.
Gary asks another question: From what you’ve said, I’m not sure what my role is in your appearance. Is my mind projecting you, or is it just your mind?
Arten: the question is misplaced because there is only one mind. Eventually the question becomes one of purpose. But there are different illusory levels of thinking and resulting experience. We will explain. (precisely, in linear time, 9 years of explanation)

My notes: I always wondered how True Christianity got so messed up. Now I get a clue from the following as to the how, but not the why.
Hello dear SSHS. You have inspired me fellow sufferer.

Pursah mentions that J wanted to teach us how to play our part in saving ourselves. When he said that he was the way, the truth and the life, he meant we should follow his example, not believe in him personally as the one and only savior of the world.

Gary asks about other enlightened masters as Pursah continues: There have been others in some times and they don’t always come from the same spiritual paths.

The religion or spirituality you believe in does not determine how spiritually advanced you are in terms of your awareness. There are Christians who are among the very highest of attainers, and there are Christians who are babbling fools. This is true of ALL religions, philosophies, and spiritual forms, without exception.

Gary asks why is that and Pursah joins in: It’s true because there are four major attitudes of learning you will go through during your return to God.

Everyone goes thru all four and will unexpectedly and occassionally bounce back and forth from one to the other. Each level brings with it different thoughts and resulting experiences, and you will interpret the exact same scripture differently depending on which attitude of learning you are currently engaged in.

Dualism is the condition of almost all of the Universe. The mind believes in subject and object. Conceptually, it would appear to those who believe in God that there are two worlds that are both true: the world of God and the world of man.
In the world of man, you believe objectively, that there is in fact a subject - you - and an object, namely, anything else. It is believed the objects in your world can be manipulated by you, by you, meaning your body and brain that seems to run it. The body and brain that you think you are appear to have been caused by the world. This idea is backwards.

The nonsensical tragedy of dualism is considered to be normal by all modern societies which are themselves mad as a hatter. By necessity, the attitude toward God that accompanies this attitue of learning is that He is somewhere outside of you. God seems distant and illusory.

The world which is actually illusory seems immediate and real. Your split mind, which split from the house like the prodigal Son, has unconsciously assigned to God the same qualities that your seemingly separated mind itself possesses. Thus God and the messages that seem to come from Him are conflicted.

Most of this is unconscious, meaning that it seems to exist out there in the world rather than in your own split mind. So God is considered to be both forgiving and wrathful, he is considered both loving and a killer, apparently depending on what mood he’s in.

this is a good description of the conflict of a dualistic mind, but is hardly a description of God.

equally bizarre is the notion that God would somehow play a role in instructing people to kill other people in order to acquire certain lands and possessions or bring a certain version of justice or the right religion to everyone.

The next attitude of learning to go thru during the return to God is often referred to as Semi-dualism. This could be described as kinder, gentler form of dualism because certain true ideas have begun to be accepted by the mind. One such idea that the mind would be accepting is the simple concept God is Love. If it is truly believed, this brings up questions such as “If God is Love, can he also be Hate? If God is Perfect Love, can He also be flawed?
and if God is a Creator, could He then be vengeful against that which He Himself created?

Once the answer to these questions is clearly seen to be of course not, a long closed door has been nudged open Pursah continues.

In the state of semi-dualism your mind has begun to lose some of its hidden but terrible fear of God. A primitive form of forgiveness has taken root within you. You still think of yourself as a body and both God and the world still seem to tbe outside of you but now you sense that God is not the cause of your situation.

The 3rd attitude of Learning is described this way: Non dualism, as a state of mind to consider:
Non dualism is compared to Oneness state of mind, and where this learning path takes you.
The analogy of a tree falling in the forest and whether it makes a sound is made. (I discover it does not make a sound unless there is an animal or human to hear it)
Meaning of course, without US to perceive the Universe, the entire Universe does not exist.
MY NOTES)
moving on turtle like...In order to make the illusion of existence (I AM) or (This Ego) you must take Oneness and seemingly divide it. It’s all a trick.
The question leads to “What am I really One with?”
Continuing with this 3rd path of learning called Nondualism we discover the question held leads to an Assumption that the universe was created by the divine in it’s present form.
Moving further, we discover when Buddha said, “I am awake,” he meant he realized that he was not actually a participant in the illusion, but the maker of the entire illusion. Yet, still it is purported Buddha, in his mastery of the mind, did not address the issue of God, although Buddism is the world’s most psychologically sophisticated religion, and so we see Buddism comparative as a 3rd attitude of learning step for all to go thru, but there is yet another attitude of learning to unfold beyond Buddism and beyond this nondualism or oneness idea,  conceptual questions.

This is interesting (my notes) to see that the Buddha himself went onto another final life according to Pursah and Arten to the final requirement for full enlightenment and union with God.
Whew. Here we go. This fourth path so far, is described as Pure Non-dualism. I like this to the P letter in PUL.
that mysterious energy we all babble about here on the board.

Inhale. Exhale. Here in this fourth state of mind, the mind that is the maker of the illusion chooses completely against itself in favor of God.
I note here, this could be our description of the martyr, but yet not the distorted type of martyr, say the person who produces stigmatism, or is raving on the street with a sign saying it’s the end. This is a conscious choice rather than unconscious, often enough, a choice before incarnating.

Pursah and Arten mention it’s not unusual for people to achieve J’s level of enlightenment in obscurity, and for people to think they achieved it in a more famous lifetime when they didn’t.

Most people who approach true spiritual mastery are not interested in being leaders. At the same time, there are people who are highly visible when rather than being true masters of spirituality and metaphysics, they are merely exhibiting the symptoms of an extroverted personality, such as John the Baptist, who was, back in historic times more popular with the people than even J. He was a showman Arten and Pursah imply.
Gary asks how did J experience oneness with God?
Arten explains He had to realize not only that the universe doesn’t exist, but that he didn’t exist on any level other than pure spirit. That’s something that practically no one really wants to learn.

Gasp. What this mean, during the 4rth attitude state of mind where the Self is sacrificed, by choice, to serve God with all one’s heart, mind and soul one truly dies to the notion that one exists as an individual or personal identity, simply because it is a state of perfect oneness with God whom did not create a dog eat dog world and never could have, as God is Perfect Love.

We be in a movie of life then. It’s not real. It disappears, rots, or dissolves, it ticks back to it’s formless state, speaking of the disappearance of the Universe. (my little observation)

So what’s it like to be pure spirit? I’d say if you have to ask you’re not there yet. but one thing is certain we will all only be in this body temporary, make the most of it, don’t sweat the small stuff.

We are here to learn how to forgive and to become the innocent children of the universe we once were before we took up these dense bodies, so like animals in nature.

We are returning. The Star children return. It is already done and we but dream we suffer awhile. No need of that when we learn the ways of peace.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #5 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 3:55pm

Hi, I have read twice now Disappearance of the Universe and adding this part about Gary Renard's (the author) early thoughts during his first visits of Arten and Pursah who were appearing for him as he would be the one to write this book. While involved with these guides he would have to buckle down and actually read A Course in Miracles.

Here are some of his thoughts which weren't really all that different from my thoughts when I first read ACIM back in the 80's.

hi Lucy!!! Lucy my friend here told me about Disappearance.

..the voice that dictated the text of ACIM made no apologies about the fact that He was the historical Jesus, even going so far as to clarify and correct the bible. Gary had always thought that J would return in a body and not simply as a voice. Gary made a decision to do one of two things: If his future experience told him this was really J, then he would make full use of the teachings. Yet on the other hand if Gary's experience told him that things just didn't add up, then despite Arten and Pursah's appearances, Gary would do everything he could to expose ACIM as a fraud.
Being ambitious Gary read thru the text at a fast clip, learning that one does not assimilate the text by reading fast. However, at the end of the first reading through are these words "choose once again." these words left Gary shaken with the awesome statement of what it means to choose the strength of Christ.
Gary deduced at some point that it was not only plausible that the Course had come from J, but that it could not have come from anyone but him.
Gary spent many hours scanning the internet looking for information about ACIM. He was surprised to discover ACIM had sold over a million copies simply by word of mouth, and this a number of years ago.

The beauty of the Course is that it should remain a self study course rather than attempt to turn it into another religion. Therefore the work remains between the reader and the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit can also be seen to be J's voice, whichever is more comfortable for the reader.

The Course presents itself as just one of many valid spiritual paths. The difference may lie in that the Course is totally unambiguous, and the truths presented therefore are absolute, but need application and understanding, not interpretation in that regard, but a willingness to test out the principles while living an ordinary life.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #6 - Aug 28th, 2008 at 2:17pm

Here is a link to Gary Renard's website explaining The Disappearance of the Universe Book which is linked to the teachings within ACIM.
http://www.garyrenard.com/

Pursah reports: As far as translations go, J's Course is actually spreading at a much faster pace than Christianity did. A hundred years from now, a significant percentage of the world's population will accept that the Course is really J speaking the Word of God.
____

(Pursah is a physically manifested incarnation of Thomas of the bible as reported in the book Disappearance.
As it turns out Pursah and Gary are one entity, and so he is now corresponding in Disappearance with his own self.
It's a bit like Monroe's story, whereby he met his future self, although Pursah and Arten are able to take on physical material that can be perceived with the five senses of C1.

it is very rare indeed, when Spirit takes a body, yet we have some instances of this within literature, and even a couple from this very board.   Smiley

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #7 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 4:06pm

Further selections verbatim except for Holy Spirit, I use HS.
selections from Disappearance of the Universe, pg 97.

Thus the voice is a symbol of HS. Who is always with you. HS is neither male nor female. Neither is Christ. J is using biblical, metaphorical language in the Course in order to correct Christianity.
___
my note: Christianity does need correction. How would you like it if somebody made a religion in your name, although your name is hardly ever mentioned, and then when it is mentioned, even then it has been colored and filtered by the different scribes? That is why Christianity must be reformed.
_____
continuing with the selection:

God's Son, or Christ, is not a man or woman; He is your reality. You are not a person-you just experience that you are. At this level your training takes place. You will be led beyond your present experience. When the Course talks about you and your brother, it is speaking about the seemingly fragmented or separated parts of the collective prodigal Son, symbolized by the false images you presently see.
_____

my note: tongue in cheek here...I just found out this to be true, that I am not a person, I just experience myself as a person.
therefore, I told Bets the other day, I cannot take surveys anymore, as I found that I fit the description and answer portion as every one of the preferences and deferences...not only that, lol, in such surveys and fun psychology games we send around the net, I often sit there and begin to make up my own survey based on the one in front of me.

finally I determined, I was getting off track. the purpose of these little surveys is really so that we can establish communication with one another, in that sense, they are sociable tools and alysia does not have to play, but neither does she have to critique the thing!

la la la la.....whistle... Cheesy

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #8 - Sep 18th, 2008 at 4:39am

hey friends, just a little additional takes from Disappearance of the Universe by Gary Renard, my notations are in color.

Buddism is a step in the right direction because it doesn't run away from the mind the way Christianity does.
I found this an interesting comment about Christianity being sort of a "mindless" thing, while Buddhism does allow quite a bit of intellect to develop, encouraging that, religion in general, to my observation is or can be quite stodgy and set in it's ways. Frequently enough, the idiom is "do as I say, not as I do." so hmm, let's hear a round of applause for Buddism.

the miracle is the only device at your immediate disposal for controlling time. the miracle substitutes for learning that might have taken years.
This above is one of ACIM's quotes, also found in Renard's book Disappearance of the Universe. It happens to be one of my favorites also. Note it calls the miracle a device. We can actually employ here our intellect as regarding a definition of what a miracle is, rather than continue to mystify a miracle as we often do. It would still be awe inspiring nonetheless when we are the reciever of a miracle, but understanding we can shorten the distance of a miracle's arrival, within a single life time, this is good news, as I assume, most spiritual seekers do not like to waste a lot of time being sick, or worrying too much about whatever, so take heart, it is possible to become a fully enlightened being in one lifetime by creating a miracle minded preparatory state of consciousness and booma banga ding dong, why not?

I mean, why not is a better question than why do anything that you want to do.  if you are challenged for instance, have a decision to make about something, in conflict over it, ask yourself why not do what you want to do...I wouldn't dwell too much on the negative side of the issue, as we can come up with all sorts of reasons why we should not do something we really want to do..yet, in a meditative state sometime, if you are in conflict about something, just quietly ask yourself those two words..why not? What would happen if I go for a miracle for instance...what would happen if I don't?

You'll see that if you don't do what you really would like to do, there's no chance of getting a miracle at all. But there is a chance if you decide to test out the "what have I got to lose" attitude and proceed forward as if the miracle is possible.

In light thoughts, LR ...

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #9 - Oct 1st, 2008 at 5:16am

J doesn't expect his course to live it's life without controversy whether in the course community or outside of it, however, as it says in the Introduction to the clarification of terms, which are words you could apply to any aspect of the course: all terms are potentially controversial, and those who seek controversy will find it.
(my note follows: wherever, whatever you focus on, the mind has a way of finding what you are bound and determined to seek. for it is a law, what u seek you will find, what you ask for, you will receive.)

Continuing with J's words: ..they must be willing to overlook controversy, recognizing that it is a defense against truth in the form of a delaying maneuver.
My note follows: I studied the connotations regarding the use of the word to overlook. Over looking is to look higher, to look to higher truth in one sense. Here, I believe J is instructing us to not be judgmental in the sense to be so quick to condemn our brothers and sisters for the beliefs they are holding. It is an aspect of PUL to overlook in this regard, what we are quick to condemn.
as an example, I read a story about how densely populated is Japan and China. so that people live in cramped quarters most often, maybe extended family quarters. in this instance instead of getting uptight when someone passed gas (lol) they learn to "overlook" the temporary "sins" of each other by pretending the offense did not bother them. of course I'm not talking here of murder or rape behaviors that we overlook. I'm talking about the way we condemn each other for holding a different pathway than another.
______
continuing with Disappearance:
one such possible area of controversy is the idea that what is really driving this world is the unconscious guilt associated with sin..and that sin is just a false idea. you shouldn't make it psychologically real through condemnation.
Arten: I want you to consider that spiritual paths are not the same, and that if you want unity, it is to be found in the goal. the goal is the same. all spiritual paths lead to god in the end. but the paths are not the same. they go in different directions temporarily, until they end up in the same place. there is no sadness in that. it is quite necessary. in order to get the most out of any path, you have to understand and apply it. it would not generate any great disagreement if u said that buddhism and christianity are not saying the same thing. likewise it should not generate controversy to say the ACIM isn't saying the same thing as them.

more from Disappearance....it doesn't matter if the course is popular or not. J knows what he's doing. those who are ready for the course will find it. J's course is unique. It gives an individual the chance to discover he or she is not an individual and that they are never alone, it gives you a chance to commune with the holy spirit and ultimately with god. it accelerates your return to god by helping the HS to heal you.
returning to J's words we read:
it can indeed be said that the ego made its world on sin. only in such a world could everything be upside down. this is the strange illusion that makes the clouds of guilt seem heavy and impenetrable. the solidness that this worlds foundation seems to have is found in this. for sin has changed creation from an idea of god to an ideal the ego wants, a world it rules, made up of bodies, mindless and capable of complete corruption and decay. if this is a mistake, it can be undone easily by truth. any mistake can be corrected, if truth be left to judge it. but if the mistake is given the status of truth, to what can it be brought?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.